Author Topic: Playstation 5 (2020)  (Read 149787 times)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Playstation 5 (2020)
« Reply #280 on: June 12, 2020, 12:05:23 am »
In game screenshots of Demon’s Souls remake.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #281 on: June 12, 2020, 01:28:36 am »
So hyped

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: June 12, 2020, 01:38:19 am »

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #283 on: June 12, 2020, 02:16:07 am »
Games are all that matters for me. As long as a console isn’t hopelessly outdated graphically I really don’t care too much about technical specifications. The initial lineup seems to indicate the PS5 will be a safe bet from that standpoint. Although the PS4 library is so strong I’m not finished with that yet.

It’s not a nice looking console though. It reminds me of the release PS3 somehow which was pretty awful too. This isn’t quite as bad but I really hope they release it in all black. It would instantly look better.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #284 on: June 12, 2020, 02:17:34 am »
That was a great show!

When the usual suspects like Ubisoft, Activision, EA and Bethesda show off their shit there'll be a much more meaty launch. I'll probably wait a while to get one because... who can afford £500+ on a games console in a post-Covid world. But I'm excited! The Spidey game was a welcome surprise.
Is that a rumoured price or your own guess?

If true then yeah, I’ll be hanging on to the PS4 for a while.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: June 12, 2020, 02:33:27 am »
Is that a rumoured price or your own guess?

If true then yeah, I’ll be hanging on to the PS4 for a while.

No one knows bar Sony at the minute.

Strong, repeated rumours that it’ll be £450 for the PS and £500 for Xbox

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: June 12, 2020, 06:17:20 am »
Surprised they are going with a disc version in 2020. I haven’t bought a physical copy for my PS4 at all.

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #287 on: June 12, 2020, 06:22:18 am »
Surprised they are going with a disc version in 2020. I haven’t bought a physical copy for my PS4 at all.
Yet I still buy plenty of games on disc. I’d imagine about 50/50, I buy my niece games on disc for birthdays and stuff all the time.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #288 on: June 12, 2020, 07:06:08 am »
Least you can put the bastard on its side. Looks like a spaceship sandwich

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: June 12, 2020, 08:34:13 am »
I think it looks good and futuristic. The Xbox One Series X just looks like a PC tower.

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: June 12, 2020, 08:36:29 am »
I think it looks like some weird, half melted Choc Ice, but what it looks like doesn't bother me.

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #291 on: June 12, 2020, 08:45:53 am »

I'm the opposite although seem to be in the minority. I like having the cases but mainly like being able to borrow/lend with mates and resell if unlikely to play again.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: June 12, 2020, 08:47:40 am »
I'm the opposite although seem to be in the minority. I like having the cases but mainly like being able to borrow/lend with mates and resell if unlikely to play again.

I still buy the physical game too. I like being able to sell it on, and it's usually cheaper to buy the disk.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: June 12, 2020, 08:51:38 am »
I’m not really bothered what the console looks like. As long as it can go in my TV cabinet it’s fine, and when it’s there I’ll barely be able to see it anyway. I do think it’s a bit rubbish that the digital only version looks so much nicer since it’s symmetrical, unlike the one with the disc drive.

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #294 on: June 12, 2020, 09:04:05 am »

That will be to ensure backwards compatibility with PS4 games. The digital only version will be for those first time buying a PS console I would imagine.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:27:00 am by Amatt »

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: June 12, 2020, 09:10:36 am »
Design is really dreadful.
Is there a black version available?

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: June 12, 2020, 09:12:38 am »
I’m not really bothered what the console looks like. As long as it can go in my TV cabinet it’s fine, and when it’s there I’ll barely be able to see it anyway. I do think it’s a bit rubbish that the digital only version looks so much nicer since it’s symmetrical, unlike the one with the disc drive.

Exactly. I've never understood the infatuation with how a console looks. It gets taken out of the box and lashed in a TV cabinet until the next one comes out  ;D

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: June 12, 2020, 09:17:49 am »
Design is really dreadful.
Is there a black version available?

I've seen pics of the controller in black but basically only white for now

I'm waiting for the slimline all black version meself. No way any console coming out won't get some kind of revision in a year or two. It's just the way it goes.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #298 on: June 12, 2020, 09:18:55 am »
The console looks like a fan-made concept design or an early prototype.  Not a fan at all, especially the ugly asymmetrical disc version.

As for the games, maybe I'm just getting old, but nothing really interests me.  All games these days seem to be either
- remakes of old games I never played/liked
- zombie/undead games (a culture genre that has been done to death.....literally)
- Futuristic/fantasy/RPG games
- Kids games

I obviously like a few games that fit into those categories, but I wish there were more modern setting action adventure games like the new Tomb Raiders or the Uncharted games.  Having said that, I am looking forward to the next God of War.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #299 on: June 12, 2020, 09:30:53 am »
I still buy the physical game too. I like being able to sell it on, and it's usually cheaper to buy the disk.

I'm with you on that. I actually rent the games I want to play as it works out so much cheaper for me, so definitely happy they've kept the disc compatibility in there.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: June 12, 2020, 09:49:36 am »
No one knows bar Sony at the minute.

Strong, repeated rumours that it’ll be £450 for the PS and £500 for Xbox

Fucking hell you chat some amount of shit you. Phil Spencer himself has come out repeatedly and stated that they will at the very least match the price of the PS5 so wherever this £50 more expensive shit is coming from I don't know

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: June 12, 2020, 09:51:59 am »
Overall it was good I thought. Nothing that really jumped out but I still haven't played Spider-man or Horizon so I would never have been too excited on them. Really excited to see what comes in the next few months now. Xbox has their show in July so we could be on for a great launch for both consoles

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: June 12, 2020, 09:54:28 am »
Fucking hell you chat some amount of shit you. Phil Spencer himself has come out repeatedly and stated that they will at the very least match the price of the PS5 so wherever this £50 more expensive shit is coming from I don't know

Oh has he? That's interesting. It's official the PS5 digital only will be cheaper than the disc version so interesting to see if MS match the higher or lower price.

No numbers have come out though, you're right, it's just people guessing

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: June 12, 2020, 09:57:12 am »
Oh has he? That's interesting. It's official the PS5 digital only will be cheaper than the disc version so interesting to see if MS match the higher or lower price.

No numbers have come out though, you're right, it's just people guessing

When I saw the digital version I did wonder whether MS will look to price match to that version. If the digital is £50 cheaper say then everyone will flock to that and forego the 4k Bluray player

Interesting to see whether MS have a digital version like they had with the One S and whether they announce it next month

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #304 on: June 12, 2020, 10:04:55 am »
Honestly this was the strongest showing game wise from any of Sony's console, just looking at first party games - all of these are big hitters:

Horizon 2
Spiderman
Gran Turismo 7
Ratchet and Clank
Demon's Souls

Additional first party/exclusives:
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Returnal
Project Athia

On the equivalent PS4 conference:

Killzone
Driveclub
InFAMOUS: Second Son
Knack
:D

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: June 12, 2020, 10:06:02 am »
I have to say having never played a Ratchet and Clank game I thought the new one looked really fun and the way it was going from world to world in an instant was boss.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 10:19:37 am by AndyMuller »

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: June 12, 2020, 10:13:53 am »
Confirmation that the Spider-Man: Miles Morales game is not a full sequel. It's an expansion of the original game, which is being remastered for PS5.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/spider-man-miles-morales-is-a-remaster-and-expansion-sony-clarifies/

I'm guessing the full Spidey sequel is a little down the track in that case.

Online wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: June 12, 2020, 10:22:46 am »
When I saw the digital version I did wonder whether MS will look to price match to that version. If the digital is £50 cheaper say then everyone will flock to that and forego the 4k Bluray player

Interesting to see whether MS have a digital version like they had with the One S and whether they announce it next month

This makes no sense to me, unless it's the guys who only ever buy 3/4 games for the console. Once you're 5 digital games in you're even with the disc version considering the premium price point digital games currently come with. Maybe they reduce the PSN store price, but I doubt it.

Generally thought it was a good show, initial run of games wasn't overly interesting to me, but once the tokyo/ghost-somethingorother game was shown I thought most of them looked interesting. Demons Souls has me hyped even though I've played the first a couple of times. Horizon looked incredible.

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: June 12, 2020, 10:25:12 am »
I never played a Rachet and Clank game but that makes me want to pick up a console and play. Along with a remastered Spider-man and the Miles Morales expansion as well

If they release it in all black then I'm in. If not I'd have to hide it away in a corner as everything else I have in the unit is black (Virgin box, router, Xbox)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #309 on: June 12, 2020, 10:26:10 am »
I have to say having never played a Ratchet and Clank game I thought the new one looked really fun and the way it was going from world to world in an instant was boss.

I'm not a huge platforming guy but get Ratchet and Clank for PS4, it's great.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: June 12, 2020, 10:28:11 am »
I've got a white PS4 Pro and while it was different and interesting when it was new, it's a right dirt magnet. Looks grimy, dust building up quick even after I wipe it down, and white does look a bit cheaper than black.

I'd put money on different colours for the PS5 but not at launch. I commend them trying something new, but aye, I'd rather black

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: June 12, 2020, 10:28:21 am »

Read my post again you tit. I said rumours for a reason, some coming from respected gaming journalists after the reveal last night.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 10:35:57 am by J-Mc- »

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: June 12, 2020, 10:39:08 am »
Confirmation that the Spider-Man: Miles Morales game is not a full sequel. It's an expansion of the original game, which is being remastered for PS5.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/spider-man-miles-morales-is-a-remaster-and-expansion-sony-clarifies/

I'm guessing the full Spidey sequel is a little down the track in that case.

It's not a remaster. Nowhere in the quote does it state remaster. It's essentially equivalent to Infamous Last Light or Uncharted Lost Legacy. It's a standalone game but not a full blown sequel. A remaster would be the Spiderman game on PS4 where you play as Peter Parker.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 10:42:13 am by naYoRHa2b »

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: June 12, 2020, 10:56:46 am »
I'm not a huge platforming guy but get Ratchet and Clank for PS4, it's great.

I'll check that out mate nice one!

Interested in seeing which villain/villains will be used in the Miles Morales game. I thought they spoiled us with villains in Spider-Man but managed to leave a good few heavy hitters out at the same time.

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: June 12, 2020, 11:28:40 am »
Read my post again you tit. I said rumours for a reason, some coming from respected gaming journalists after the reveal last night.

Apologies for the tone of my reply, stressful morning

Phil Spencer has come out and said MS are very flexible with price so unless they've changed the tune and reporters have got a different story I'll stick to what the head of Xbox has said. They saw what a £100 difference due to a forced kinect did at the last launch so they won't be stupid enough to launch at a higher price again. They make money from subscriptions so selling the console at a loss is nothing to them as long as they get people into the ecosystem

Either way neither console is above £499, digital may go £449 but I do think Xbox will match that with whatever they bring out

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #315 on: June 12, 2020, 11:45:32 am »
The console design is a little mad, I really like it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #316 on: June 12, 2020, 11:46:40 am »
I've rewatched it all.

Honestly cannot wait.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: June 12, 2020, 11:52:19 am »
It's not a remaster. Nowhere in the quote does it state remaster. It's essentially equivalent to Infamous Last Light or Uncharted Lost Legacy. It's a standalone game but not a full blown sequel. A remaster would be the Spiderman game on PS4 where you play as Peter Parker.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/06/marvels_spider-man_miles_morales_is_a_remaster_of_the_2018_game_with_new_content

Bit disappointed, I wanted something brand new. But it's a boss game.

I own GTAV and Spiderman on PS4. I bet I have to pay again if I want them on PS5. But it's meant to support PS4 games, so?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: June 12, 2020, 11:55:39 am »
I think MS will price match Sony. Although I think the all digital edition might of caught a few people off guard. That's probably a £50 saving so I imagine your looking at 449 and 499.

If Xbox match 499 then you still have a PS5 model which is cheaper. If they match at 449 you'll still have a model equal in value albeit disc less. And if they undercut to 399 then your looking at an extra 50 to 100 pounds respectively for the PS5.

If Lockhart rumours are true it'll be interesting to see where they price that and the Series X.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: June 12, 2020, 11:59:15 am »
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/06/marvels_spider-man_miles_morales_is_a_remaster_of_the_2018_game_with_new_content

Bit disappointed, I wanted something brand new. But it's a boss game.

I own GTAV and Spiderman on PS4. I bet I have to pay again if I want them on PS5. But it's meant to support PS4 games, so?

Yeah everyone is running with the same thing from the telegraph but nowhere is he quoted as saying it's a remaster. He says expansion and enhancement. Watching the trailer it doesn't indicate it's Miles story on top of the Spiderman game we got on PS4. It looks like a smaller standalone game using the assets from Spiderman. I'd be really surprised if it's Spiderman plus Miles story because a lot of people already own Spiderman on PS4 so why would they want to buy it again just for some extra content...