Author Topic: BT / TNT Sport  (Read 186268 times)

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: BT Sport - home of the Champions League
« Reply #1120 on: August 8, 2015, 11:17:10 am »
I despise BT Sport.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #1121 on: August 8, 2015, 11:17:56 am »
I despise BT Sport.
Are you not enjoying fletch and sav??  ;)

I agree with you...utter tripe.

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1122 on: August 8, 2015, 03:55:38 pm »
Fuck sake their coverage is dire.

The studio parts are an odd mix of #LAD #BANTAH humour and deadly serious attempts at punditry, always delivered by halfwits clearly winging it, who have absolutely nothing interesting or incisive to say. Harry Redknapp made at least 5 'I'm a wheela deala' jokes today, then admitted he'd never seen Darmian play, then spent 3 minutes analysing Darmian...who he'd never seen play.

Owen and Hoddle? Just fuck off. It's like they deliberately set out to find the biggest dullards, but not content with that, they also have to know absolutely shitfuck all about modern football. Hoddle said at one point ofay that Walker was one of Europe's best young talents. Kyle Walker. He's 25. And shit. He spent 90 minutes confusing Vertonghen and Alderweireld. Owen sounded like he was eating at one point. He probably was. I have no idea what the fuck they're doing.

And the Howard Webb thing? Fucking hell. Yes, BT, please tell me repeatedly how it's so interesting to hear a professional views on refereeing. It's so entertaining when a third of the screen switches to the back of his bald head staring at 6 monitors, before saying 'it was a tough decision but I think he's just about right' every fucking time. In the rare event that at some point in time he does disagree with a refereeing decision? I don't give a flying dick. Who cares? Literally, find me one person on this earth that cares. He's got the aforementioned 6 monitors showing crystal clear HD images with 590 replays. If he can see it was a bad decision so can everyone currently suffering through your broadcast.

Fuck me I hate them. Everything about them. I'm not Sky's biggest fan, but at least they put out a decent product.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2015, 03:57:49 pm by NealFrom25Yards »

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #1123 on: August 8, 2015, 04:47:36 pm »

The studio parts are an odd mix of #LAD #BANTAH humour

For that alone it's garbage.  That bantah bullshit is tiresome tripe.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: August 9, 2015, 12:19:10 am »
Just a heads up for when they start showing the Champions League, if anyone was hoping to catch the highlights of a different match when they're repeated overnight - don't bother. BT have attempted to produce some sort of bizarre Sky Sports News rip off which somehow manages to be even worse than the already poor product it's imitating. So Champions League highlights will be shrunken to a corner of the screen and surrounded by news of what some golfer has said on Twitter and how the Vanarama Conference table looks after 3 games.

Whoever commissioned this idea with all their "fancy" new graphics (they actually were quite proud of this on Twitter calling it the "BT Sport L" - which just shows how out of touch they are with what people want from a sports channel) should be swiftly removed from having any power over subsequent channels they might want to launch. Knowing BT though, they'll have been promoted by now.

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1125 on: August 9, 2015, 01:09:40 am »
Another bad thing they do that they should stop doing: forcing the commentator to remind us that they will be showing a football match next weekend - and the weekend after that - 5 or 6 times during a match.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1126 on: August 9, 2015, 02:20:49 am »
BT want 'Fletch & Sav' to be the next cult football show so much.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1127 on: August 9, 2015, 05:54:25 am »

The studio parts are an odd mix of #LAD #BANTAH humour and deadly serious attempts at punditry, always delivered by halfwits clearly winging it, who have absolutely nothing interesting or incisive to say. Harry Redknapp made at least 5 'I'm a wheela deala' jokes today, then admitted he'd never seen Darmian play, then spent 3 minutes analysing Darmian...who he'd never seen play.

Owen and Hoddle? Just fuck off. It's like they deliberately set out to find the biggest dullards, but not content with that, they also have to know absolutely shitfuck all about modern football. Hoddle said at one point ofay that Walker was one of Europe's best young talents. Kyle Walker. He's 25. And shit. He spent 90 minutes confusing Vertonghen and Alderweireld. Owen sounded like he was eating at one point. He probably was. I have no idea what the fuck they're doing.

And the Howard Webb thing? Fucking hell. Yes, BT, please tell me repeatedly how it's so interesting to hear a professional views on refereeing. It's so entertaining when a third of the screen switches to the back of his bald head staring at 6 monitors, before saying 'it was a tough decision but I think he's just about right' every fucking time. In the rare event that at some point in time he does disagree with a refereeing decision? I don't give a flying dick. Who cares? Literally, find me one person on this earth that cares. He's got the aforementioned 6 monitors showing crystal clear HD images with 590 replays. If he can see it was a bad decision so can everyone currently suffering through your broadcast.

Fuck me I hate them. Everything about them. I'm not Sky's biggest fan, but at least they put out a decent product.

Have to agree with everything you've written.  the Howard Webb thing is bar far the most annoying though.  I could maybe understand getting an opinion on him on a very debatable decision where he explains the ref's interpretation, decisions like that are however rare and to keep checking in with him is a waste of time.

BT are desperately trying to deliver a point of difference from Sky but fuck it up every time.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1128 on: August 9, 2015, 06:16:17 am »

So fucking spot on.

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1129 on: August 9, 2015, 07:08:30 am »
Have to agree with everything you've written.  the Howard Webb thing is bar far the most annoying though.  I could maybe understand getting an opinion on him on a very debatable decision where he explains the ref's interpretation, decisions like that are however rare and to keep checking in with him is a waste of time.

BT are desperately trying to deliver a point of difference from Sky but fuck it up every time.

Yet quite bizarrely, managing quite nicely thanks very much with their continental shows which are presented by and have guests that actually know what they're talking about.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1130 on: August 9, 2015, 07:49:10 am »
BT want 'Fletch & Sav' to be the next cult football show so much.

They're 3/4 of the way there.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1131 on: August 9, 2015, 07:59:49 am »
So we seem to have all these sky fans BT sport is still in its infancy compared to Sky but the one thing I will always like about BT is that Murdoch doesn't own it , some of the commentators and studio guys are originally sky like Darke, and I found the Howard Webb element interesting wish it was another ex ref though, also if they could give Hoddle more airtime and Owen less that will be a bonus.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1132 on: August 9, 2015, 08:10:59 am »
So we seem to have all these sky fans BT sport is still in its infancy compared to Sky but the one thing I will always like about BT is that Murdoch doesn't own it , some of the commentators and studio guys are originally sky like Darke, and I found the Howard Webb element interesting wish it was another ex ref though, also if they could give Hoddle more airtime and Owen less that will be a bonus.

they need to stop trying to be everyone's mate and just show the football. get david pleat on commentary.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1133 on: August 9, 2015, 10:17:01 am »
Hoddle is awful as well though

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1134 on: August 9, 2015, 10:52:56 am »
Hoddle is an absolute kunt....obnoxious big-headed self righteous arsehole.....give me the naive humdrummery of Owen any day of the week......even better, give me neither  of them
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1135 on: August 11, 2015, 11:20:32 pm »
Did anyone else try out the new app during the Super Cup? It's fantastic - finally something BT have got absolutely right.

All goals and shots from 6+ camera angles including slow motion ones, you can click on a piece of commentary to go directly to that moment in the match and watch it instantly, you can skip forwards and back in the match as much as you want, quick rewind for re-watching goals... it's something else compared to Sky Go. The picture quality is brilliant as well.

Only thing missing is that they seem to have removed Chromecast from it now which is a big shame.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1136 on: August 12, 2015, 12:55:19 am »
They're 3/4 of the way there.

Worth a quote! :D

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1137 on: August 15, 2015, 02:57:24 pm »
The BT coverage is just so so bad. The two co-commentators concept is bizarre. Which genius thought it was good idea to have Savage as one of them?

They're really going to cheapen the CL with their awful coverage.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: August 15, 2015, 04:31:00 pm »
The BT coverage is just so so bad. The two co-commentators concept is bizarre. Which genius thought it was good idea to have Savage as one of them?

They're really going to cheapen the CL with their awful coverage.

I actually thought it worked a lot better with Savage and quite enjoyed how it was working. Was awful with Owen last week though.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1139 on: August 15, 2015, 06:26:11 pm »
Savage is such an irritating prick...listening to his imbecilic shouting now on 5 Live....offers nothing at all, no sense of humour, no insight - but with the BBC needing to be seen to representative of the man in the street - the lucky twat has found himself in the right place at the right time......taking into account the amount of work the fuckin bozo gets - pound for pound he's the spawniest c*nt in broadcasting.....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1140 on: August 15, 2015, 10:13:45 pm »
Glad I dont pay for this tosh directly. Card sharing for the win.

Robbie Fucking Savage!!!!

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1141 on: August 16, 2015, 12:22:33 am »
I actually thought it worked a lot better with Savage and quite enjoyed how it was working. Was awful with Owen last week though.
I think it could work, having 2 ex-pros able to discuss something, and give different sides to a decision. But Savage is shite, he makes his mind up and won't see anything another way even when proven wrong.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1142 on: August 16, 2015, 08:55:34 am »
That's in SD though isn't it? If you upgrade to HD it's £4 per month
Nope.

Even BT Infinity customers have to pay extra for SD CL coverage.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1143 on: August 16, 2015, 08:57:49 am »
Just a heads up for when they start showing the Champions League, if anyone was hoping to catch the highlights of a different match when they're repeated overnight - don't bother. BT have attempted to produce some sort of bizarre Sky Sports News rip off which somehow manages to be even worse than the already poor product it's imitating. So Champions League highlights will be shrunken to a corner of the screen and surrounded by news of what some golfer has said on Twitter and how the Vanarama Conference table looks after 3 games.

Whoever commissioned this idea with all their "fancy" new graphics (they actually were quite proud of this on Twitter calling it the "BT Sport L" - which just shows how out of touch they are with what people want from a sports channel) should be swiftly removed from having any power over subsequent channels they might want to launch. Knowing BT though, they'll have been promoted by now.
Once the CL starts, the BT Europe channel will not look anything like it does at the moment. The games will be shown 'full screen'.

BT confirmed this ages ago.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1144 on: August 16, 2015, 09:38:26 am »
Least Ian darke was back

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1145 on: August 16, 2015, 10:57:44 am »
Once the CL starts, the BT Europe channel will not look anything like it does at the moment. The games will be shown 'full screen'.

BT confirmed this ages ago.
That's only for live games. Not highlights.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1146 on: August 23, 2015, 10:28:57 pm »
BT have apparently won the Aussie cricket rights including the 2017/18 Ashes. No official announcement as yet though.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/aug/23/bt-sport-tv-rights-ashes-australia

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #1147 on: August 23, 2015, 10:51:11 pm »
BT have apparently won the Aussie cricket rights including the 2017/18 Ashes. No official announcement as yet though.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/aug/23/bt-sport-tv-rights-ashes-australia
Fucking hell so they'll hike their prices again and Sky's aren't going to drop. So much for the theory that competition is good for the consumer.

Offline murphs316

• Kopite
  • 5 Star Heros to 7 Hit Wonders
« Reply #1148 on: August 24, 2015, 02:55:50 pm »
Fucking hell so they'll hike their prices again and Sky's aren't going to drop. So much for the theory that competition is good for the consumer.

But it is not true competition for that both channels need to show the same programs and leave it up to the people to pay for what channel they want to watch it on

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1149 on: August 24, 2015, 03:01:39 pm »

It's hardly OFCOM's fault that Sky increase prices even though the quality of the product is worse, surely ?

Online redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #1150 on: August 24, 2015, 03:15:15 pm »
It's hardly OFCOM's fault that Sky increase prices even though the quality of the product is worse, surely ?

This,

It's shambolic that Sky are allowed to charge more for offering less,

2 years ago they pretty much had a monopoly of the Premier League, majority of CL, League Cup, Internationals, all the Cricket, NFL, F1 etc

Now BT have come along as their first serious competitor and nabbed a lot of the big contracts off them. BT also offer great deals to their existing customers (but not so great if you're not with them) and Sky retaliate by increasing their prices??!

Its like if there was once a Village with one pub in it. That pub could charge what they wanted to for a pint due to having no competition. Then after a while another pub opens up down the road offering a smaller selection but its much cheaper and still covers most drink area's (instead of having 6 beers on tap they have 3 including one of the Premium Beers the other place used to have). To combat the loss of income due to some customers deciding to drink in the new place, the original pub instead of lowering their prices to entice them people back in, think it would be best to charge their loyal customers who stayed to drink with them more despite not offering as much!   
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 03:17:16 pm by redan »

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1151 on: August 24, 2015, 03:20:10 pm »
BT get the Ashes but Sky get the other Tests.

I miss Channel 4.

Online redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #1152 on: August 24, 2015, 03:36:01 pm »
BT have only got the Series in Australia, when it's back here it's back on Sky,

I'm not sure if that's such a big deal for BT to be honest. The games are at silly o'clock and only the devoted will stay up on a Wednesday and Thursday night to watch it. Not sure what the viewing figures are like.

As long as C4, C5 have a highlights show it'll be fine 

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1153 on: August 24, 2015, 05:18:21 pm »
This,

It's shambolic that Sky are allowed to charge more for offering less,

2 years ago they pretty much had a monopoly of the Premier League, majority of CL, League Cup, Internationals, all the Cricket, NFL, F1 etc

Now BT have come along as their first serious competitor and nabbed a lot of the big contracts off them. BT also offer great deals to their existing customers (but not so great if you're not with them) and Sky retaliate by increasing their prices??!

Its like if there was once a Village with one pub in it. That pub could charge what they wanted to for a pint due to having no competition. Then after a while another pub opens up down the road offering a smaller selection but its much cheaper and still covers most drink area's (instead of having 6 beers on tap they have 3 including one of the Premium Beers the other place used to have). To combat the loss of income due to some customers deciding to drink in the new place, the original pub instead of lowering their prices to entice them people back in, think it would be best to charge their loyal customers who stayed to drink with them more despite not offering as much!   

The new pub stinks like shit though ¬¬

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1154 on: September 15, 2015, 06:52:39 pm »
The Lineker, Gerrard & Ferdinand trio in the BT studio is pretty dull so far... Like a shit version of Carra & Neville on MNF.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1155 on: September 15, 2015, 07:08:40 pm »
Gerrard saying how much Rafa helped him improve his game. Lineker winding him up about his book.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1156 on: September 15, 2015, 10:16:34 pm »
The goals show with James Richardson and company was brilliant. Without having a vested interest in any games it was great to watch all the goals go in and great fun between the panelists.

It was James Richardson, James Horncastle, Raphael Honigstein, Julien Laurens and Howard Webb. Those lads always have great fun when they're together and it's not in your face "banter", it's wit mostly and proper football intelligence.

The difference between watching them and watching Lineker, Ferdinand and Gerrard is so massive. As HighSix said, it's just dull.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:42:58 pm by Learpholl »

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1157 on: September 15, 2015, 10:29:57 pm »
Spot on. It was informative, entertaining, and it saved you having to listen to Michael Owen and Steve McManaman.

Like Soccer Saturday without the twats shouting 'CHANCE JEFF!' when the ball crosses the halfway line.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1158 on: September 15, 2015, 10:31:10 pm »
Spot on. It was informative, entertaining, and it saved you having to listen to Michael Owen and Steve McManaman.

Like Soccer Saturday without the twats shouting 'CHANCE JEFF!' when the ball crosses the halfway line.

GOOOOAAAAUUUAUAUAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL - Charlie Nicholas

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1159 on: September 15, 2015, 10:36:34 pm »

GOOOOAAAAUUUAUAUAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL - Charlie Nicholas

OOOOOOAAAAAAHHHHH E'S MISSED EH! - Phil Thompson