Author Topic: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC - pointless speculation in here please...  (Read 175348 times)

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
Re: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC after positive talks with owners
« Reply #920 on: June 5, 2015, 11:04:14 am »
I'm gonna keep this simple but I've now read through virtually every post in these threads and the one thing that really emerges from them - and this is from a really old school supporter - is that the degree to which people are over complicating a simple situation is staggering.

As I've said till I'm blue in the face, the essence of last season's debacle and particularly the end collapse was down to the irresponsible shortcoming of the club in the summer and again in the winter to provide the manager/team on the pitch with an attack worthy of the name. The sole attackers - coutinho and Sterling - burnt themselves out by March.

And er...that's it.

Next season I'm sure the fuckin imbeciles running the club who allowed that utter fucking debacle to exist for an entire season without doing a fucking thing to remedy it, will I'm sure have realised the error of their ways and the team on the pitch will actually once more resemble a properly balanced football team with an attack worthy of the name.
I cannot believe you're being so naïve. Do you really believe that's the only problem here? Or that we'll sort it out? You also make it sound like Rodgers didn't have any strikers at all. He couldn't get so much as a fart out of Balotelli, Lambert or Borini all season long. Or Aspas before that. He got precious little out of Markovic (not a striker I know) and we didn't see the best of Lallana either. I've seen a fair bit of Ings and he's pretty bog standard. Origi hasn't set the world alight either. Clearly there will have to be one or two massive transfer coups to make the kind of difference you're talking about. I don't see how you can be so defiant at this stage.

And as if our problems are limited to the top half of the team. Midfield and defence have been absolutely shambolic. And nobody can be 100% about the goalkeeper either.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: June 5, 2015, 11:17:08 am »
Results are everything and football fans are some of the most fickle people on the planet.

I don't buy this notion that Rodgers is permanently damaged. I don't think the players have lost faith in him, like a section of our fanbase.
Some positive signings and a good start to the season, and last season will soon be a memory.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: June 5, 2015, 11:19:38 am »
I don't buy this notion that Rodgers is permanently damaged. I don't think the players have lost faith in him, like a section of our fanbase.
Some positive signings and a good start to the season, and last season will soon be a memory.
If he turns this round and it doesn't all end it tears it will be the exception rather than the rule. How many times have we seen scenarios like this play out? It always ends the same way. The writing is on the wall.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #923 on: June 5, 2015, 11:35:02 am »
If he turns this round and it doesn't all end it tears it will be the exception rather than the rule. How many times have we seen scenarios like this play out? It always ends the same way. The writing is on the wall.
How many times has Wenger been under the cosh from Arsenal fans? Rodgers will live or die by his results, same as always.
Even though we came second last year, there were still people calling for his head last xmas. I don't see what's changed.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #924 on: June 5, 2015, 12:10:34 pm »
Since when is Werner a billionaire??
That's what you got from that?
Fuck me.
Okay he is worth 600 million, so I suspect he has a few ideas on how to be successful in sport, certainly he doesn't require help from an armchair strategist.

Online Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC after positive talks with owners
« Reply #925 on: June 5, 2015, 12:12:27 pm »
Royhendo's article is very well written, as always, but it's a rather over-elaborate exposition of a very simple truth. Brendan Rodgers will continue as manager if the results are good.

In the modern age, there is no appetite from the media and those who allow their opinions to be guided by that media to allow time for buildings. Results are everything.

Brendan's team wins, everyone forgives and forgets, as last year. He loses, and he is unemployed at the end of the season. Our owners have at least had the courage to back their man - I would hope our fans will too. There is fuck all we can do about it anyway, so support is all we can contribute.

Any other manager, no matter how starred their career, would suffer the same. In fact, given the contrarian nature of football fans these days, I would think another new manager would suffer even more pressure right away, as a Klopp or Ancellotti would have to rebuild, and yet they'd have the crushing mantle of 'Messiah' hung round their neck. A few losses, and it would be carnage - "he did it for x, can't deal with the PL, fraud/charlatan/abusive adjective du jour."

We have become a low-rent version of Real Madrid's fans, holding expectations that no-one will ever live up to. It's ridiculous.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline MightyRedLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #926 on: June 5, 2015, 12:13:47 pm »

I agree with that, and I hope we get a good start next season. What I really fear is the opposite. If we don't start the season well, it's going to be a very long season. If the fans are 50/50 on BR now, it's going to turn either way depending on our start.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #927 on: June 5, 2015, 12:25:08 pm »
How many times has Wenger been under the cosh from Arsenal fans?

How many times has he failed to have them in the Champions League? He's also won them a shitload of trophies, whilst also building the greatest team in the clubs history, it's a completely different situation.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #928 on: June 5, 2015, 12:37:02 pm »
Remember watching this scene on The Wedding Singer that sounded like - "..ok I suck but guess what, *I HAVE THE MICROPHONE YOU DON'T*.."
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #929 on: June 5, 2015, 12:43:49 pm »
How many times has he failed to have them in the Champions League? He's also won them a shitload of trophies, whilst also building the greatest team in the clubs history, it's a completely different situation.

He also went a whole season without being beaten
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #930 on: June 5, 2015, 12:59:04 pm »
Royhendo's article is very well written, as always, but it's a rather over-elaborate exposition of a very simple truth. Brendan Rodgers will continue as manager if the results are good.

In the modern age, there is no appetite from the media and those who allow their opinions to be guided by that media to allow time for buildings. Results are everything.

Brendan's team wins, everyone forgives and forgets, as last year. He loses, and he is unemployed at the end of the season. Our owners have at least had the courage to back their man - I would hope our fans will too. There is fuck all we can do about it anyway, so support is all we can contribute.

Any other manager, no matter how starred their career, would suffer the same. In fact, given the contrarian nature of football fans these days, I would think another new manager would suffer even more pressure right away, as a Klopp or Ancellotti would have to rebuild, and yet they'd have the crushing mantle of 'Messiah' hung round their neck. A few losses, and it would be carnage - "he did it for x, can't deal with the PL, fraud/charlatan/abusive adjective du jour."

We have become a low-rent version of Real Madrid's fans, holding expectations that no-one will ever live up to. It's ridiculous.

Haha!

You think any of our fans would call three time European Cup winner Ancelotti a fraud? Or say that he couldn't deal with the Premier Leauge despite winning The FA Cup, The Premier League, and the Community Shield all in one year? People want Ancelotti because he has a stunning record of actually winning trophies all across the continent, including our own league.

(Most) People don't bash Brendan because they have a strange urge to be nasty about football managers. They do it because he's one absolutely nothing of note. If he wins something of note, or had even got to a final, then you'd certainly see a reduction in those types of comments.

All Liverpool fans just want to see Liverpool winning trophies , something severely lacking from Brendan's CV.

That's why I lost a bit of my own  faith with him after the sorry shitstorm against Beşiktaş. Great chance for a trophy and they trotted out with apathy.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline ArthurDent

• Knows where his towel is!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #931 on: June 5, 2015, 01:09:56 pm »
Although I like Benteke, the reaction to several our reported targets has not been great and if we did sign Benteke, Clyne, Milner and Ings then I don't think fans will be too happy.
I honestly think that reaction is because of their comparatively poor potential rating on FIFA.
"Stop thinking about money. Only think about football." Jürgen Klopp 9th Oct 2015.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #932 on: June 5, 2015, 01:24:35 pm »
I honestly think that reaction is because of their comparatively poor potential rating on FIFA.

So you don't think anyone here has actually watched them play every week on Sky?

Nah must be FIFA ratings.

For the record I actually think Clyne is good and I rate Milner too, but most people on this board watch a lot of the constant football that's funnelled through our TVs, and you won't find many RAWKites who haven't seem these lads play.

Better to get upon the high horse though isn't it?
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #933 on: June 5, 2015, 01:27:59 pm »
but most people on this board watch a lot of the constant football that's funnelled through our TVs, and you won't find many RAWKites who haven't seem these lads play.

I don't agree with that. I think a lot of people on RAWK don't watch anything other than Liverpool and the big clubs on TV, not Burnley v Stoke for example, or happen to catch games on MOTD ... but then profess to know all their is to know about Ings and Clyne.

I wouldn't say 'most' people on RAWK watch loads of football enough to know the ins and outs of players who don't play for us abilities.

Ings doesn't excite me as a signing, I think it's bargain basement stuff, BUT, he could also prove me wrong as I've not seen enough of him to say he's shit.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: June 5, 2015, 02:07:39 pm »
I don't agree with that. I think a lot of people on RAWK don't watch anything other than Liverpool and the big clubs on TV, not Burnley v Stoke for example, or happen to catch games on MOTD ... but then profess to know all their is to know about Ings and Clyne.

I wouldn't say 'most' people on RAWK watch loads of football enough to know the ins and outs of players who don't play for us abilities.

Ings doesn't excite me as a signing, I think it's bargain basement stuff, BUT, he could also prove me wrong as I've not seen enough of him to say he's shit.

Indeed. I doubt many Liverpool fans stay in on a Sunday to watch Burnley v West Brom.

Offline Grand Chilli

• Main Stander
« Reply #935 on: June 5, 2015, 02:14:01 pm »
2015/2016 fixture list comes out at that time.
Blimey I know there's a lot of anti-Rodgers sentiment, but sacking him because we don't like the fixtures we get seems a bit harsh!

Online faisfais

• Kopite
« Reply #936 on: June 5, 2015, 02:24:24 pm »
Blimey I know there's a lot of anti-Rodgers sentiment, but sacking him because we don't like the fixtures we get seems a bit harsh!

LOL, I was not advocating sacking him based on fixture list! I was just pointing out that if we were scheduled to face Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal, Man City, and Stoke City in the first 5 games next season he would have a difficult start from which recovery would be almost Istanbul-esque.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #937 on: June 5, 2015, 02:27:35 pm »
I cannot believe you're being so naïve. Do you really believe that's the only problem here? Or that we'll sort it out? You also make it sound like Rodgers didn't have any strikers at all. He couldn't get so much as a fart out of Balotelli, Lambert or Borini all season long. Or Aspas before that. He got precious little out of Markovic (not a striker I know) and we didn't see the best of Lallana either. I've seen a fair bit of Ings and he's pretty bog standard. Origi hasn't set the world alight either. Clearly there will have to be one or two massive transfer coups to make the kind of difference you're talking about. I don't see how you can be so defiant at this stage.

And as if our problems are limited to the top half of the team. Midfield and defence have been absolutely shambolic. And nobody can be 100% about the goalkeeper either.

We're so far apart in how we view things there's absolutely no point in my attempting to discuss anything LFC with you mate.

I'm nearer in spirit to fans of fuckin Rochdale than I am with the likes of yourself.

I would just say that the stuff I've written I believe implicitly to be the case. I'm far from being a huge Rodgers fan but I'll always rail against anybody who bases their criticism of anybody on parameters that are so divorced from reality as yours are.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: June 5, 2015, 02:39:16 pm »

aye, for those who want to see
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline ArthurDent

• Knows where his towel is!
  • Kopite
« Reply #939 on: June 5, 2015, 02:51:05 pm »
So you don't think anyone here has actually watched them play every week on Sky?

Nah must be FIFA ratings.
Honestly ? Yeah, I'm sure there are some who watch them and know them. But I also think there are large numbers who list players off FIFA that have big potential and if a club target isn't on that list then by default they must be dire.
"Stop thinking about money. Only think about football." Jürgen Klopp 9th Oct 2015.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: June 5, 2015, 03:21:41 pm »

I would just say that the stuff I've written I believe implicitly to be the case. I'm far from being a huge Rodgers fan but I'll always rail against anybody who bases their criticism of anybody on parameters that are so divorced from reality as yours are.
Time will tell. If we make top 4 or Rodgers sees out his contract I'll buy you a pint.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #941 on: June 5, 2015, 03:42:23 pm »
For me FSG are million miles apart from the previous con artists so any suggestion of a whiff of those sewer rats is way OTT,

US Sports are so far removed from the way UK football is Managed here and supported here!

So they needed a good man at the helm here had they got Dein, Barwick somebody of that ilk rather than the at times the duplicitous and calamitous Ayre we might have seen a better last few years with a clearer direction, better PR ( Don Chang) and every mini crisis's not turned into major ones by using the media so badly.

Then with all of that we might have had better unity throughout the club similar to when we all pulled together to get rid of Diabolical Duo.

There is no doubting Ayre is good at merchandising this club but on major issues he covers his back first and is a very weak person to have the task running the club in the UK , thankfully now i hope he isn't in charge

Mainly because of their naivety we have a severely fractured fan base who will either support the manager full time or just till the next defeat, or fans thinking well they didn't sack him now but lets hope they do soon. People all saying they care about the club but have different ways of showing it.

While he is being hung out to dry by a vociferous minor faction of fans FSG are not exactly endorsing him with glowing terms and saying he is our man we will back him financially to the hilt, what we needed was some sort of massive Mission Statement supporting Rodgers so everyone knew the situation and could then not come out with comments such as ( Dead Man Walking and Seat Warmer ) in here.

FSG have massively misunderstood this club, its Ethics , its History, its Traditions, and its Fanbase and their Expectations and looking at it they still are after 3-4 years in:

If the gossip about Klopp and Carlo was true if i was Rodgers i would have walked what kind of endorsement is that and have FSG squashed these rumours?

I like Rodgers but i do think at times he is like some human shield for the failings of FSG and as such i will support him to the hilt he deserves no less.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2015, 03:44:05 pm by Mutton Geoff »
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: June 5, 2015, 03:49:13 pm »
This and the classic "If he was called (insert Brazillianized name here) you'd all want him" are some of the most pointless and inaccurate statements. Does my head in when I see either, regardless of their name and FIFA rating, the majority of people on here are going to know enough about the player to say that they aren't a good fit. Benteke has a fairly exotic name, but the reaction hasn't been any different to if we were linked with Austin.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: June 5, 2015, 04:06:22 pm »
Some people in here have a glass half full, some half empty, some smashed it against the wall.  Happy days in here.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline adamski29

• Kopite
    • limerick sliding wardrobes
« Reply #944 on: June 5, 2015, 04:07:03 pm »
I'm happy to see Brendan continue. What changes the club make to the overall organisation of the club and the type of signings we make will largely dictate most fans mood going into the new season. The club needs a lift, we need to see that changes have been made to improve our recruitment /coaching and all the stuff allready talked about. If the changes are cosmetic (just the sacking of Mike marsh) and we sign Ings and benteke then it will and should be open season the owners. I'm sure they don't have any bad intentions with regards to the club, that's no excess for stupidity or lack of ambition.
I am behind Brendan and won't hold him as the one at fault should things go tits up. The owners had the chance and still have, to change things for the better. If they don't take it. It will be on them.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #945 on: June 5, 2015, 04:07:23 pm »
Some people in here have a glass half full, some half empty, some smashed it against the wall.  Happy days in here.

As long as alcohol is involved in the glass, I don't care :P

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: June 5, 2015, 04:45:54 pm »
As long as alcohol is involved in the glass, I don't care :P

a half empty would be disappointing, a half full would make me ask for more, and a glass smashed against the wall would be a party foul.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: June 5, 2015, 04:56:53 pm »
Very disappointing and highlights how our club now accepts  failure.

However, the decision has been made and back him for now.

Just feel he really does need to get off to a good start of the pressure could be too much for him.

Hope he proves me wrong but I do feel he is a dead man walking. It will be only a matter of time before he is shown the door.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #948 on: June 5, 2015, 04:59:44 pm »

Or as Timbo says,  we watched our side curdle without proper support and now some of the supporters are mainlining Rory from Lock Stock...

Bad milk is bad milk... no changing it once it goes bad.  Crying over it, though, a completely different matter. 

Lets get on with it, get a few top notch forwards, and support our manager. 
« Last Edit: June 5, 2015, 05:03:00 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: June 5, 2015, 05:01:53 pm »

Just feel he really does need to get off to a good start of the pressure could be too much for him.

Hope he proves me wrong but I do feel he is a dead man walking. It will be only a matter of time before he is shown the door.
You don't hope he proves you wrong.  Come on.  Your post history precedes you.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: June 5, 2015, 05:10:36 pm »

Hope he proves me wrong but I do feel he is a dead man walking.[ It will be only a matter of time before he is shown the door.

You have been hoping that since a fat scot got sold lad, no change really. :wave

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #951 on: June 5, 2015, 05:16:06 pm »
paul joyce ‏@pjoyceexpress  10s11 seconds ago
Liverpool set to part company with assistant manager Colin Pascoe as further part backroom shake up.
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline Lord Roger Hunt

• Elevated to the RAWK Peerage. Furious Legend In His Own Lunchtime.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Humans were harmed in the making of this picture
« Reply #952 on: June 5, 2015, 05:18:01 pm »
LIVERPOOL: WITHOUT AUTHORITY BRENDAN RODGERS IS SUNK

by Roy Henderson // 4 June 2015 // 21 Comments

As it stands, Rodgers needs something similar, or we’ll be looking for another manager by Christmas.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/06/liverpool-without-authority-brendan-rodgers-sunk/?wt=4

Great read Roy, thanks.

I think Klopp's 'sabbatical' is interesting - maybe it will only last until Christmas ...?
From the Country of Liverpool

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #953 on: June 5, 2015, 05:18:45 pm »
Liverpool set to part company with assistant manager Colin Pascoe as further part backroom shake up.

Fordy must of been on the phone.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: June 5, 2015, 05:21:38 pm »
Fordy must of been on the phone.

;)

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: June 5, 2015, 05:22:21 pm »
How do you lot feel about this?  Some might say we've needed an upgrade in backroom staff?  Who's available? 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: June 5, 2015, 05:22:26 pm »

if this is a fact the replacement will tell us a lot i feel.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: June 5, 2015, 05:22:27 pm »
Carra as assistant?

Well he's better than no assistant....

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #958 on: June 5, 2015, 05:23:20 pm »
Find it hard to believe the first team manager and ass man were the problems with our transfers....
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: June 5, 2015, 05:23:45 pm »
Wonder if this was a condition of him staying. Diminishing his power and bringing in personnel who can actually challenge him rather than simply be yes-men.