Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2012579 times)

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #14320 on: July 25, 2022, 04:06:48 pm »
There's a rumour from a shit source that Juve are sniffing around him for £20m.

Clearly, that number is missing a 0 in the end. Love Bobby and hope he has more luck in the new season with injuries and fitness than he did last. It was great seeing him smile and having a good time on the pitch again in one of those friendlies...

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14321 on: July 25, 2022, 04:20:21 pm »
I thought he was impressive in the minutes he was able to give us last season.

He's absolute class when on it and still a big asset to LFC.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14322 on: July 25, 2022, 05:59:15 pm »
I thought he was impressive in the minutes he was able to give us last season.

He's absolute class when on it and still a big asset to LFC.

Bobby has looked very sharp in pre-season, I doubt there is any way Jurgen will let him go paricularly as Jota is nursing an injury. Really looking forward to seeing how the front 5 operate this season, should be something else particularly with Carvalho and Elliott around them. Having 5 subs will be just great for Jurgen.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14323 on: July 26, 2022, 10:42:50 am »
Any sale now makes no sense for us and a huge risk this season to sell another key attacking option after we have sold Mane, MInamino and allowed Origi to move on.

Yes it would be nice to get Bobby an extension of sorts -  do we think he could extend for a shorter period?

I hope he does not move at this stage.

I was hoping even to see him as AM role behind Nunez and see how that works as an option going forward.

Offline dramared

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #14324 on: July 27, 2022, 05:46:06 pm »
whatever happens he is a legend, first class attitude matched with top class ability

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #14325 on: July 27, 2022, 06:57:12 pm »
Any sale now makes no sense for us and a huge risk this season to sell another key attacking option after we have sold Mane, MInamino and allowed Origi to move on.

Yes it would be nice to get Bobby an extension of sorts -  do we think he could extend for a shorter period?

I hope he does not move at this stage.

I was hoping even to see him as AM role behind Nunez and see how that works as an option going forward.

Concern would be if he asks for a move to get a regular game to protect his World Cup place, as we wouldn't want let him go by choice.

Nunez will need bedding in though, Jota is injured and we have 5 subs and will play every midweek. Firmino will get his games.

It's not like he'll be left out altogether like Minamino after January. We need to keep him.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #14326 on: July 28, 2022, 12:11:29 am »
Italian media saying a £20million move is close.

Offline Ginieus

• Main Stander
  • Chilled out entertainer
« Reply #14327 on: July 28, 2022, 12:28:50 am »
Italian media saying a £20million move is close.

Got to be a wind up. Should be extending his contract, not letting him go!

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14328 on: July 28, 2022, 06:55:03 am »
Concern would be if he asks for a move to get a regular game to protect his World Cup place, as we wouldn't want let him go by choice.

Even if Firmino played week in and week out the Brazil manager doesnt seem to rate him highly. He has his favourites and Firmino is not one

He hasnt been called up since July of 2021 which I am sure some of that is down to injuries I also think some if Tite has never been a fan, so I would say Firmino is 50/50 on whether he gets called up to the WC regardless of how much he is playing for us

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14329 on: July 28, 2022, 07:40:24 am »
Even if Firmino played week in and week out the Brazil manager doesnt seem to rate him highly. He has his favourites and Firmino is not one

He hasnt been called up since July of 2021 which I am sure some of that is down to injuries I also think some if Tite has never been a fan, so I would say Firmino is 50/50 on whether he gets called up to the WC regardless of how much he is playing for us

The clue is in the name..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14330 on: July 28, 2022, 08:23:13 am »
It would be foolish to sell him considering the world cup. This is the most depth we have ever had in the forward line. Both Jota and Nunez will play significant minutes in the world cup.

The schedule would be hectic post WC and we would require the entire squad to be available to get through that phase. Bobby may not bang in the goals but he can definitely contribute big time. 

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14331 on: July 28, 2022, 08:25:34 am »
There isn't anyone who sees the game like he does, hope he stays to the end of his career and longer.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14332 on: July 28, 2022, 08:27:19 am »
It would be foolish to sell him considering the world cup. This is the most depth we have ever had in the forward line. Both Jota and Nunez will play significant minutes in the world cup.

The schedule would be hectic post WC and we would require the entire squad to be available to get through that phase. Bobby may not bang in the goals but he can definitely contribute big time.

If he was sold we would have to replace him. Thought it was odd we were being linked with forwards but would explain why.

Klopp should hopefully have him wanting to stay anyway. We aren't desperate for the money and got the fee for Mane and Salah sorted.

Offline TtotheVizzo

• Main Stander
« Reply #14333 on: July 28, 2022, 08:41:42 am »
Not a chance in hell he goes, I suspect the links are coming from Juve to put a bit of fire under Chelsea to let them sign Werner on loan.

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #14334 on: July 28, 2022, 09:38:21 am »
no way he goes, hes too good
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #14335 on: July 28, 2022, 09:59:25 am »
His most important season coming up imo, he'll tear it up
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14336 on: July 28, 2022, 10:57:23 am »
I'd still expect Klopp to pick Bobby ahead of Darwin against the best opponents especially away from home. No way he's moving on without another false nine in the squad.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #14337 on: July 28, 2022, 11:26:32 am »
I can't see him going this summer but think it begs the question if there is a number we'd find too good to turn down given his age, only having a year left on his contract and not being anywhere near as influential the last couple of seasons. If there was genuine interest at 20 million I'd expect us to reject it but if someone was determined to bring him in it'd be interesting to see how much they could test us for. He'd probably take the piss for plenty of years playing for Juve in Serie A but I think it'd be ideal for us to extend his deal by at least another year, imagine Bobby would be looking for a longer term commitment, though.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14338 on: July 28, 2022, 11:38:11 am »
I'd consider it if the offer was real but since when did Italians buy players without loaning them first. Feels like this is a game of chicken involving another team

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #14339 on: July 28, 2022, 11:39:46 am »

Small print in his next contract:

You are not allowed to leave. Ever.   ;D

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14340 on: July 28, 2022, 12:22:07 pm »
If Bobby tells the club he wants to leave for a new challenge or more regular football then Klopp won’t stand in his way, just as Sadio did. As long as the club gets a fair price then nobody can really argue he doesn’t deserve a move if that’s what he wants. He has been a true legend for us and revolutionised the number 9 role in this country. Think this will all be down to what Bobby wants, but I really hope he wants to stay with us.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14341 on: July 28, 2022, 12:26:30 pm »
If Bobby tells the club he wants to leave for a new challenge or more regular football then Klopp won’t stand in his way, just as Sadio did. As long as the club gets a fair price then nobody can really argue he doesn’t deserve a move if that’s what he wants. He has been a true legend for us and revolutionised the number 9 role in this country. Think this will all be down to what Bobby wants, but I really hope he wants to stay with us.

I think thats right, but I dont think Jurgen would allow it a week before the season starts
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14342 on: July 28, 2022, 12:27:55 pm »
I'd consider it if the offer was real but since when did Italians buy players without loaning them first. Feels like this is a game of chicken involving another team

Last year of his deal as well. Hard to see an Italian club spending big on someone they can sign for nothing in Jan on a pre-contract.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14343 on: July 28, 2022, 12:33:05 pm »
I think thats right, but I dont think Jurgen would allow it a week before the season starts

That’s a fair point, we don’t want to be left scrambling around late on for a replacement, but you would hope we have planned for his exit at some point.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14344 on: July 28, 2022, 12:40:29 pm »
That’s a fair point, we don’t want to be left scrambling around late on for a replacement, but you would hope we have planned for his exit at some point.

Carvalho will be part of that. We've gone into the season planning very much for Bobby to play a key role though with 3 forwards leaving (all of who played the 9 role at times last season). And Jota with an ongoing injury from last season. Nu nez and Carvalho in but both still to make their competitive debut.

Klopp will let him go if he wishes to though but would hope to talk him round.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #14345 on: July 28, 2022, 01:56:08 pm »

You say horrible things.   :'(

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14346 on: July 28, 2022, 02:17:31 pm »

How did his back look last night? ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14347 on: July 28, 2022, 02:22:07 pm »
Finally, an emphatic message on Roberto Firmino from Klopp: "Bobby is crucial for us, he is the heart and soul of this team. Everything looks really good. He is essential for us."

Phew
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #14348 on: July 28, 2022, 02:39:32 pm »
Did Klopp say that there hadn't been a bid for Bobby?  I wonder if it's just Juve putting in the legwork now to make sure he signs for them at the end of his contract.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14349 on: July 28, 2022, 02:47:57 pm »
Did Klopp say that there hadn't been a bid for Bobby?  I wonder if it's just Juve putting in the legwork now to make sure he signs for them at the end of his contract.

Italian club spending big on a 30+ player in their last year never realistic, or hopefully Bobby wanting to up sticks and go there now.

I could understand him wanting the security of a 3-4 year deal next year though rather than the 1-2 we ight offer. Plus a signing on bonus

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #14350 on: July 28, 2022, 02:52:12 pm »
Italian club spending big on a 30+ player in their last year never realistic, or hopefully Bobby wanting to up sticks and go there now.

I could understand him wanting the security of a 3-4 year deal next year though rather than the 1-2 we ight offer. Plus a signing on bonus

Yeah I think it all depends on what we're offering him, if we're even offering him anything.  Always felt like he might leave on a free at the end of his contract, and spending the twilight of your career playing for Juve isn't all that bad, can see the attraction if they want him as a starter.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #14351 on: July 28, 2022, 03:27:54 pm »
If the bid is true and Juve are a bit desperate, it might be possible to milk the fee a bit more to say 25 mil. Then it becomes a bit of a puzzle of what to do. Firmino has had a lot less input than Mané, especially recently, then in addition he's a year older. It might reach the point where the offer is too good to turn down. On the other hand finding an able replacement in the right age range and determining whether that player fits in with Jota's versatility is difficult.

It looks like Belotti is still available and he might be a willing backup #9 and may well be an upgrade on Origi as a supersub. However, I think the wages might be a bit too much for a pure backup there even on a free.

Núñez is likely to be the number one striker and then Jota basically is the first backup across the full front three. So where would Firmino's replacement actually get to play? Is Carvalho good enough to not warrant Jota on the left side? Quite a difficult set of circumstances should Juve be willing to break the bank for him. Obviously not an ideal time to lose a very good squad player, but at the same time every player has a price.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 03:37:16 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14352 on: July 29, 2022, 10:49:01 am »
Klopp:

"Bobby is crucial for us. He is the heart and soul of this team.

"The way we played the last few years was only possible because of Bobby. That’s why I’m really happy that he could train the majority of pre-season so far.

"Everything looks really good so I am absolutely fine and for me there is no doubt about his quality. We will see how this year goes but yes, he is essential for us."
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14353 on: July 29, 2022, 11:17:48 am »
Klopp:

"Bobby is crucial for us. He is the heart and soul of this team.

"The way we played the last few years was only possible because of Bobby. That’s why I’m really happy that he could train the majority of pre-season so far.

"Everything looks really good so I am absolutely fine and for me there is no doubt about his quality. We will see how this year goes but yes, he is essential for us."

He's hardly going to say 'get rid', is he  ;)

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14354 on: July 29, 2022, 11:17:48 am »
If the bid is true and Juve are a bit desperate, it might be possible to milk the fee a bit more to say 25 mil. Then it becomes a bit of a puzzle of what to do.
You do realise they can sign a pre contract with him for zero fee in 5 months’ time (hence this very transparent non-existent bid)? This is their transfer MO. There’s nothing to be milked and no ‘puzzle’ to solve. When Bobby eventually leaves LFC, we won’t get 2.5m for him, never mind 25m.

Whether we let him go (like Juve have this summer with Dybala) at the end of his contract next summer or not, is another matter. As Klopp says “let’s see how this year goes”. Hopefully he continues to be influential rather than peripheral, and signs an extension.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 11:19:57 am by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14355 on: July 29, 2022, 11:22:41 am »
“…absolutely crucial…..heart and soul of this team…”

Fairly explicit. Words he can’t backpedal on weeks later flogging him to Juve, without looking a fool.

Also, exactly the right noises to let Bobby know how much he’s appreciated and needed.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 11:24:15 am by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14356 on: July 29, 2022, 11:29:31 am »

So he's definitely off then :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #14357 on: July 29, 2022, 01:20:41 pm »
Yes, he can sign a precontract in a few months.

But how about asking the player if he wants to go. Right now i'd say the answer from Bobby is no. He loves it here. His wife loves it here.

Made up transfer BS to fill some media content.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14358 on: July 29, 2022, 01:23:32 pm »
Yes, he can sign a precontract in a few months.

But how about asking the player if he wants to go. Right now i'd say the answer from Bobby is no. He loves it here. His wife loves it here.

Made up transfer BS to fill some media content.
Or Juve registering their interest unofficially for January.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #14359 on: July 29, 2022, 02:15:25 pm »
It might be the case that Firmino wants three years just like Salah and that might be holding things up a bit. I'm 50/50 on whether he'll be at the club next summer. Hopefully he is.
Linudden.