Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 330127 times)

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #7560 on: April 18, 2024, 10:10:07 am »
Got a final whatsapp from them at 7:45pm. " You watching the game tonight? Oh, course not youre not in CL are you lolol"

The one bit of happiness from last weekend was turning my phone off at half time and turning it back on after the Arsenal game.

Arsenal supporting mate sent me something along the lines of:

"I won't take the piss because I know how much it hurts from last year, that was a shite performance though and its curtains for you".

My response:

"Yep, and you know again this year too"

His response:

"It's not fair."

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7561 on: April 18, 2024, 10:11:19 am »
TNB, BBA, B500, Lego Dick, Dekkers,  your boys took one hell of a beating last night.

SG….where is SG??!!

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7562 on: April 18, 2024, 10:13:12 am »
SG….where is SG??!!
I missed you out because I like your posts.
Sorry  :)

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #7563 on: April 18, 2024, 10:31:30 am »
Or Klopp's two German leagues helped him. Or Rafa's two Spanish leagues helped him? Who knows really? Except you
No, that would be Arteta in his first managerial job. Funny how when it comes to your man, getting bounced out the CL by the first serious team he's up against will prove to be a valuable learning experience (all part of the process), but when it comes to our potential manager the experience of actually winning the league will count for little.

They spawned a lucky win against Porto in the last round too.

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #7564 on: April 18, 2024, 10:59:29 am »
We’re the only team to get 4 points off them this season

What a trophy that is!

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7565 on: April 18, 2024, 11:05:22 am »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7566 on: April 18, 2024, 11:06:25 am »
 ;D

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7567 on: April 18, 2024, 11:07:24 am »
CL takes time to master, it was our first time in it for 7 years and overall we did well, we will learn and do better next season

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7569 on: April 18, 2024, 11:15:09 am »
CL takes time to master, it was our first time in it for 7 years and overall we did well, we will learn and do better next season

With City not winning it this year, I reckon it means Guardiola stays longer to get that second CL, which also makes it harder for PL clubs to win it. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #7570 on: April 18, 2024, 11:15:28 am »

I'm not sure you can really say you did well.

You had an incredibly easy group. You then had an incredibly easy first knockout game, which you just about managed to bumble through. And you then played the worst Bayern team in recent memory and somehow contrived to lose. At the start of the season I think you were 3rd or 4th favourites, at no point have you played a team that was 'better' than you and yet you've gone out at the quarter finals. Thats a real disappointment.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7571 on: April 18, 2024, 11:27:13 am »
Ødegaard not so quick to capture the moment for posterity last night.

Arsenal. Not even much of a cup side really are they. Now seems inevitable Arteta will be back at the Etihad once Pep fucks off.

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7572 on: April 18, 2024, 11:30:07 am »
I missed you out because I like your posts.
Sorry  :)

Don't know whether to be happy or sad at that!  ;D

You had an incredibly easy group. You then had an incredibly easy first knockout game, which you just about managed to bumble through. And you then played the worst Bayern team in recent memory and somehow contrived to lose. At the start of the season I think you were 3rd or 4th favourites, at no point have you played a team that was 'better' than you and yet you've gone out at the quarter finals. Thats a real disappointment.

I think we basically performed to par for a team that hadnt been in it for 7 years. Won the group, got through round of 16 to quarter finals, played one of the experienced big boys and lost by a single goal.

Yes, we could have done better, there will defo be disappointment at the mistakes in the home leg especially, for both Bayern goals really. I think its another reality check that perhaps we aren't quite as good as some thought, and there's still a bit to go to get there.   

« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 11:36:33 am by ScottishGoon »

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #7573 on: April 18, 2024, 11:41:54 am »
Glad these twats are out.

I really want us to win the league so I can see photoshops of Odegaard taking pics of Klopp with the trophy.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7574 on: April 18, 2024, 11:43:01 am »
I think its another reality check that perhaps we aren't quite as good as some thought, and there's still a bit to go to get there.
You're not wrong there (we're in a similar boat to be honest) but that's going to be a bitter pill to swallow for some of your lot though.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7575 on: April 18, 2024, 11:57:21 am »
I think we basically performed to par for a team that hadnt been in it for 7 years. Won the group, got through round of 16 to quarter finals, played one of the experienced big boys and lost by a single goal.

Yes, we could have done better, there will defo be disappointment at the mistakes in the home leg especially, for both Bayern goals really. I think its another reality check that perhaps we aren't quite as good as some thought, and there's still a bit to go to get there.

Whats not being in it for 7 years got to do with anything? :D Its not a different sport to when you were last in it. You were one of the better sides in it and you've not made any sort of impact. Thats disappointing, should have done a lot better particularly considering the draws you've had.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7576 on: April 18, 2024, 12:01:50 pm »
You're not wrong there (we're in a similar boat to be honest) but that's going to be a bitter pill to swallow for some of your lot though.

Yeah, there's nothing quite like a couple of sobering results to sharpen the mind.

To be fair, a lot of the people that do the shouting about how good they think we are, will also probably be saying Arteta should go now, everything is tends to be either sugar or shite with these folk, with nothing in between.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #7577 on: April 18, 2024, 12:08:17 pm »
Glad these twats are out.

I really want us to win the league so I can see photoshops of Odegaard taking pics of Klopp with the trophy.
You and me both.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7578 on: April 18, 2024, 12:23:06 pm »
Whats not being in it for 7 years got to do with anything? :D Its not a different sport to when you were last in it. You were one of the better sides in it and you've not made any sort of impact. Thats disappointing, should have done a lot better particularly considering the draws you've had.

So does experience count in these situations, or does it not? Does having years or European heritage behind you count, or does it not? It seems to change stance on here whenever it's needed to bash Arsenal with.

I was never over confident, because it was Bayern. They aren't in great consistent form, but they still have top players, and as we've seen from Madrid in the past, having top players with experience can go a long way in this competition. Neuer, Kimmich, Davies, De Ligt, Goretzka, Sane, Gnabry, Kane, Musiala, i mean there some very good, very experienced players there. Then they have a manger that's managed in the competition for years and won the thing.

That doesn't mean i didn't think we could beat them over 2 legs. But the home leg killed us. Silly mistakes cost us. You tend to get punished at that level for them. So yeah, of course i'm disappointed.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7579 on: April 18, 2024, 12:38:18 pm »

We did well mate. A solid return, hopefully will get better from here.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 12:39:55 pm by The North Bank »

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7580 on: April 18, 2024, 12:42:04 pm »
We did well mate.

You did exceptionally well.

I was mistakenly coming at it from a Liverpool angle, but this is the third best season Arsenal have ever had in the CL and that deserves praise.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7581 on: April 18, 2024, 12:49:33 pm »
Ah well, it's not for everybody. And you'll always have the Fairs Cup.
Absolutely. If Arsenal fans think that all they need to do is to turn up to win to the European Cup (Champions League to the Premier League generation), then they are a deluded lot. The elites know how to win this. The pretenders not so much
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #7582 on: April 18, 2024, 12:52:11 pm »

You won't. You'll continue to do the same that Arsenal have always done in the CL apart from the one time they made the final, beat the likes of PSV and Lens before failing when you finally meet a team half decent in the first knockout round or the quarter final.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7583 on: April 18, 2024, 01:07:52 pm »
I wonder if there were any traveling fans still there in the last few minutes?  :P

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7584 on: April 18, 2024, 01:14:13 pm »

You won't. You'll continue to do the same that Arsenal have always done in the CL apart from the one time they made the final, beat the likes of PSV and Lens before failing when you finally meet a team half decent in the first knockout round or the quarter final.

Its possible, but its nice to know we ll be in it again without much doubt, after many years of not being good enough to even be in it.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #7585 on: April 18, 2024, 01:14:17 pm »

I was mistakenly coming at it from a Liverpool angle, but this is the third best season Arsenal have ever had in the CL and that deserves praise.

;D

It’s somewhat amazing how shit their European record is.  They’ll always be a big English club, but in all these years, still not considered an European giant.

Their fans should be, and obviously are gutted. They’d have really fancied their chances this season.  And to fall, with a whimper, to the worst bayern team in years will be gutting.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7586 on: April 18, 2024, 01:14:34 pm »

Indeed

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7587 on: April 18, 2024, 01:23:26 pm »
Yeah, poor guy can barely stand up.
He gets no protection from the refs either - never gets a call and is just forced to play on.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7588 on: April 18, 2024, 01:26:59 pm »
Ødegaard not so quick to capture the moment for posterity last night.

Odegaard has turned into an odious little prick this season. How he hasn't been booked for dissent yet is beyond me, he's crying at the officials at a near-constant basis. He's making Bruno Fernandes look positively shy.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7589 on: April 18, 2024, 01:28:19 pm »

it does?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7590 on: April 18, 2024, 01:29:42 pm »
I wonder if there were any traveling fans still there in the last few minutes?  :P

They were there - singing Allez Allez Allez.*

*maybe that was the Bayern fans singing Allianz Allianz Allianz

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7591 on: April 18, 2024, 01:32:53 pm »
They were there - singing Allez Allez Allez.*

*maybe that was the Bayern fans singing Allianz Allianz Allianz
;D

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7592 on: April 18, 2024, 01:43:56 pm »

Come on.

It’s the European equivalent of the kind of campaign Southgate musters up for England, look quite impressive, dispatch most teams far worse than you fairly easily until you come up against someone decent and then lose, they even made hard work of Porto which I didn’t expect.

I suppose by Arsenal’s European standards it’s decent in that you haven’t been humiliated but anyone trying to claim that this is doing well is off their head.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7593 on: April 18, 2024, 01:53:43 pm »
Come on.

It’s the European equivalent of the kind of campaign Southgate musters up for England, look quite impressive, dispatch most teams far worse than you fairly easily until you come up against someone decent and then lose, they even made hard work of Porto which I didn’t expect.

I suppose by Arsenal’s European standards it’s decent in that you haven’t been humiliated but anyone trying to claim that this is doing well is off their head.

Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.  Seems to be the Arsenal way..

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7594 on: April 18, 2024, 02:06:14 pm »
it does?

Course it does.

If Norwich got to the FA Cup quarter finals you'd say they'd done pretty well.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7595 on: April 18, 2024, 02:22:36 pm »
Come on.

And on the back of that success Gaz is going to man utd

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7596 on: April 18, 2024, 02:38:40 pm »
And on the back of that success Gaz is going to man utd
Here's hoping.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7597 on: April 18, 2024, 02:44:11 pm »
Here's hoping.

Surprised youre not in for him, missing a trick there.

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7598 on: April 18, 2024, 02:44:13 pm »
Is Arteta popular with the Arsenal players?

He's got the same over-the-top intensity as Guardiola that I can imagine players actually find offputting - but the likes of De Bruyne and Rodri are willing to put up with it because unfortunately Guardiola gets them the big trophies.

Arteta hasn't yet shown he can be in the same bracket, and it's hard to imagine him commanding much loyalty among the players. It'd be interesting to see if Saliba or Odegaard start to look elsewhere, particularly if they fall short again next season, or if Arteta would get the boot before that happens.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7599 on: April 18, 2024, 02:47:17 pm »
Not a single comment about that final corner from Saka? I literally said to my wife that he looked as nervous as someone taking a last minute penalty and would scuff it, and he did. Finally laying to rest the ghost of Iago Aspas 2014.

Wasn't in the bitter camp of wanting them to go out, actually think Liverpool's only chance of winning the league rested on Arsenal and City meeting in the semi.