Author Topic: Jamie Webster  (Read 7775 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jamie Webster
« Reply #40 on: August 8, 2020, 06:14:13 pm »
I love that he has been able to do this after riding the recent wave of success (inc lost finals) by the Club.

Can only imagine what it's like for him,being able to sit down with players and have them speak openly and honestly with him,he's living a dream (playing aside) that we've all had at one point or another.

He had better hold Alisson to his promise as well.  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 8, 2020, 06:18:03 pm »
That's what I mean mate, he's made a lot of effort to let people know that his solo stuff isn't football or LFC related but then he's gone and done LFC related video and content with his solo stuff. I don't understand it.

Seems fairly straight forward to me -

The boss nights are where he does the football stuff, which is what got him in the public eye in the first place. He also has his own music which aren’t football songs, but some people mistakenly think that a Jamie Webster gig is going to have the same content as a Boss night, so he makes it clear that it won’t.

It’s not that he’s trying to distance himself from the football content just that when he does a Jamie Webster gig he wants to make it clear that you won’t be hearing Allez Allez Allez - I think you can still reconcile that with having some of his music connected with football content (I think you’re referring to ‘This Place’ which he originally intended to release as soon as we won the league which was delayed due to the pandemic.)
« Last Edit: August 8, 2020, 06:21:07 pm by Jm55 »

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: August 8, 2020, 06:20:09 pm »
That's what I mean mate, he's made a lot of effort to let people know that his solo stuff isn't football or LFC related but then he's gone and done LFC related video and content with his solo stuff. I don't understand it.

It’s pretty simple, though. His profile has risen because of his (considerable) contribution to Liverpool terrace culture. He now wants his music to have mass appeal so he can grow as an artist, but he can’t completely sever the ties that have given him his platform to perform.

If we as Liverpool fans can’t get it, then he’s going to be a flag bearer for Liverpool culture forever more, not that that can be demeaned as it’s got a core of beauty - but who can blame him to want more.

---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #43 on: August 8, 2020, 06:24:22 pm »
Forgot there's so many miserable bastards on here! The song was perfect for the moment, and he's a local lad doing well. Boss.

That song captured the moment perfectly.

Offline redman64

• Anny Roader
« Reply #44 on: August 8, 2020, 09:13:17 pm »
I like some of his solo stuff - I do think Weekend in Paradise is a very good song.

His strategy confuses me though. I went to see him play before lockdown and he made a point of telling people they were his own songs, not football songs and he wanted them to be separate from the LFC related songs he plays, he's made the same point about the tour he's going on next year as well. Then he goes and does videos or promo's for his songs that are LFC related so I'm really not sure what he wants or the audience he wants to try and aim his solo work at.

He'd obviously prefer to 'make it' through his own musical endeavors rather than be known for being associated as a singer of Liverpool football sons. Songwriters take themselves seriously (I should know I've been one of them!) even if they're not that good.
Whether by intent or purely for his love of the club,  he's used our team as a way of getting recognition for himself. Good luck to the lad

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2022, 02:30:33 pm »
Saw him last night and loved it
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2022, 07:42:06 am »
Released another album recently called ‘Moments’. Very similar style and message.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2022, 09:11:29 am »
Released another album recently called ‘Moments’. Very similar style and message.

Think its even better than his last one aswell