Poll

What should happen?

He's a dude. Fuck everyone else that has been responsible and been vaccinated. He should be allowed to flout Australias rules and act like a total c*nt
21 (8.2%)
Not sure
6 (2.3%)
Dickhead
86 (33.5%)
Bellend
136 (52.9%)
I like Tennissseeee Cheeeeeeeeese!
8 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Author Topic: Djokovic  (Read 23210 times)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Djokovic
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2022, 10:20:17 am »
He’s a massive c*nt.

Reckon he might get thrown out now considering everything he has done.

Good of him to throw his Agent under the bus too.

Didn't really throw him under the bus. Nothing will happen to him, he can't sanctioned or fined it's just a scapegoat who get's him free of another failure. He'll still be reprinting him going forward.  He may even get a bonus.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2022, 10:37:25 am »
Aussie immigration is one of the strictest in the world for anyone travelling there. He should be treated like anyone else who fails to tick a box or fill in his immigration forms incorrectly and be kicked out of the country.

Part of me would actually like him to stay just to see the levels of abuse he gets from that crowd

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2022, 11:23:29 am »
Part of me would actually like him to stay just to see the levels of abuse he gets from that crowd

AO is definitely the most ruthless crowd of the four grand slams, he’s going to cop it which is unheard of for someone who has been so successful at Melbourne Park.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2022, 11:29:05 am »
Perhaps not the best bloke in the world and I don't give a toss about tennis but I'd grab the popcorn should he win his tenth just for the meltdowns.

It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that I find Australia to be appalling in the way they've dealt with things so if he triggers some Australian politicians I can't say I'm too bothered.

Nothing you say is remotely surprising, you seem to know your role well enough by now.
:D

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2022, 11:36:36 am »
Nothing you say is remotely surprising, you seem to know your role well enough by now.

TBF, if this has done one good thing, it is that it has highlighted some of the practices that go on at the border.

I don't want Djokovic anywhere near winning number 10 btw. I remember every time Federer took the slam record, it felt special. This won't.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2022, 01:42:21 pm »
Border Security : Are these your bags?
Traveller : Yes
Border Security : Did you pack these bags?
Traveller : No, my mum did.
Border Security : Did you sign this travel declaration?
Traveller : Yes
Border Security : Boom

Now instead of getting deported and take the high road, he could have a jail term hanging over his head. The government will now want to screw him over instead of giving him the easy way out since he has already rejected it once.

If I were him I will pack my bags quietly and fly out midnight.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2022, 01:50:28 pm »
What's the difference between a dickhead and a bellend?

Yeah, but he's obviously a bellend.  ;D
For clarity, maybe we should try dickend and bellhead ?

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2022, 02:01:50 pm »
;D He does seem to wind people up in every discussion.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2022, 03:06:47 pm »
He’s an elite sports person playing an individual sport, and able to get tested multiple times a day.

Storm in a tea cup. Media always needs some stupid controversy.

I say this as someone that’s never been a Djokovic fan. He comes across as a smug git imo. But then I think men’s tennis is generally devoid of characters. Likes of federer and nadal are dull as dishwater. That aside I still think the smug got should be allowed to compete and the public should find something else to get their knickers in a twist over. People dying in the world and the public obsessed about bullshit like one tennis player, Kanye and Kim, etc.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 03:09:07 pm by Keith Lard »
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2022, 03:08:03 pm »
He’s an elite sports person playing an individual sport, and able to get tested multiple times a day.

Surely the bigger picture is one rule for the rich, one for the rest
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2022, 03:10:50 pm »
Surely the bigger picture is one rule for the rich, one for the rest

Just edited my earlier post. I get it and really couldn’t be bothered either way. But I do think he’s being scapegoated and this is being blown out of proportion. Would prefer he’s vaccinated, but then I’m not an elite sportsperson and there should be a reasonable degree of personal liberty.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2022, 03:14:47 pm »
Not to de-rail the thread but I've been "a little break" since I suggested I might need one from the site after Karius's performance in the 2018 Champions League final and have never been able to get my old username back. At this point I'm probably settle on my mod enforced username.

Not sure I wanna jump in the ring on the Djokovic stuff. But I would like to know more about his potential PED situation?

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=325769.960

The clue is in the thread title
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2022, 03:15:51 pm »
Just edited my earlier post. I get it and really couldn’t be bothered either way. But I do think he’s being scapegoated and this is being blown out of proportion. Would prefer he’s vaccinated, but then I’m not an elite sportsperson and there should be a reasonable degree of personal liberty.
There is. He's perfectly entitled to assert his personal liberty and not turn up to tournaments where the host nation has a mandatory vaccination requirement.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2022, 03:15:56 pm »

I agree on the personal liberty, I also are not eligible for a vaccine passport, but I expect to have to follow the rules.

Anyone else with a cancelled visa in Australia gets deported asap.  thats the issue and its good the media point out this stuff out.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2022, 03:45:34 pm »

snip

People dying in the world and the public obsessed about bullshit like one tennis player, Kanye and Kim, etc.
Why should be need to be tested multiple times a day? There is a shortage of tests around the world and you think because he's an elite sportsman he is entitled to more than required, because he's selfish enough to not get vaccinated?

The fact that people are still dying from this virus is partly down to anti vaxxers and tinfoil hat wearing idiots like Djokovic. They use their platforms to spread misinformation and it trickles down to their rabid followers. He's the Prince of the anti-vax movement right now and this case matters hugely to the world going forward. This is not some fake celebrity nonsense this affects real lives and is effects will be felt.

Listen to the Australian public who are furious that after all their sacrifices and rule abiding, an "elite sportsman" shits all over their laws with the help of a sporting body.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2022, 03:46:31 pm »
Yeah, imagine losing your shit and melting down after being 'triggered' by a sport/sportsman.

How did you get your name change here by the way?

;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2022, 04:01:05 pm »
Why should be need to be tested multiple times a day? There is a shortage of tests around the world and you think because he's an elite sportsman he is entitled to more than required, because he's selfish enough to not get vaccinated?

The fact that people are still dying from this virus is partly down to anti vaxxers and tinfoil hat wearing idiots like Djokovic. They use their platforms to spread misinformation and it trickles down to their rabid followers. He's the Prince of the anti-vax movement right now and this case matters hugely to the world going forward. This is not some fake celebrity nonsense this affects real lives and is effects will be felt.

Listen to the Australian public who are furious that after all their sacrifices and rule abiding, an "elite sportsman" shits all over their laws with the help of a sporting body.

Yeh I get it, but I still think people are obsessing over it and taking a nauseating moral high ground. It’s not for me.

Same people are eating tortured animals, wearing sweat shop clothes, etc. There comes a point where people on social media look at things so microscopically and that they lose a bit of perspective.

Let the bugger play and let’s watch him get booed - will probably have a bigger impact than making an anti-vax martyr out of him + it will be entertaining + rest assure the world is full of fucking ass holes flouting the rules (go to local shopping centre, at least 50% don’t bother with masks and walk up close to you). One more isn’t going to make a difference, particularly a privileged one that will get tested 75 times a day.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2022, 04:54:23 pm »
Bizzare take on the situation.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2022, 05:21:24 pm »
Personally I think he's a bellend and Australia should be allowed to deport the twat.

No idea where the judge is coming from on this.

This

Blokes a shithouse and all his idiotic dancing supporters

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 12, 2022, 06:06:50 pm »
Yeh I get it, but I still think people are obsessing over it and taking a nauseating moral high ground. It’s not for me.

Same people are eating tortured animals, wearing sweat shop clothes, etc. There comes a point where people on social media look at things so microscopically and that they lose a bit of perspective.

Let the bugger play and let’s watch him get booed - will probably have a bigger impact than making an anti-vax martyr out of him + it will be entertaining + rest assure the world is full of fucking ass holes flouting the rules (go to local shopping centre, at least 50% don’t bother with masks and walk up close to you). One more isn’t going to make a difference, particularly a privileged one that will get tested 75 times a day.
You pretty much ignored everything I said. And what aboutism is not really conducive to a discussion. That's your opinion and that's cool, we'll agree to disagree.

The word around a few Aussie reporters is Djokovic will probably be deported tomorrow. I hope this is true, and we can get back to talking about a Grand Slam.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2022, 06:09:13 pm »

Fuck me.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2022, 06:31:38 pm »
AO is definitely the most ruthless crowd of the four grand slams, he’s going to cop it which is unheard of for someone who has been so successful at Melbourne Park.

Not really...rub the Paris crowd up the wrong way and it would eclipse any AO abuse

according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2022, 07:10:13 pm »
Djokovic is bad, but not as bad as Hitler. Let the boy play!

Ok, silliness aside, I hope he is booted from the country, and the delay has simply been because they are getting their ducks in a row behind the scenes in anticipation of legal challenge.

Leaves a bad taste. We are waiting to see if Australia is in charge of its borders and applying its covid rules to everyone, regardless of fame and fortune.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2022, 10:09:51 pm »
The guy doesn't want to put a vaccine in his body - not a crime.

He wants to play tennis - not a crime.

He's uniquely placed to not infect others because of the regularity at which he gets tested, tennis being an individual sport, and the amount of scrutiny he will be under.

I get that it may set a dangerous precedent, but this simplistic "one rule for the elite, one rule for the rest" is also a bit lame. Listen I've got every reason to agree with you guys because I've been through terrible bereavement last year due to Covid, although I also lost my Father from cardiac arrest 7 days after he took the vaccine. I still went ahead and made sure my whole family got vaccinated. So I'm not an anti vaxxer - I just believe fundamental personal liberties must be protected, even if it throws up difficult problems such as this.

Seriously - the uproar is OTT and he's being made into a pantomime villain by the public. Different rules SHOULD apply to an elite sportsperson like him - it's just a fact. He has a right not to have a vaccine forced into him in order to play tennis. People are losing a sense of individual liberty.

I believe in taking the vaccine, but I will defend the right of others not to take it unless absolutely necessary (like if you're a Doctor in a hospital). You can't judge an elite tennis player in the same way.

I wish people would just try to see the other side and not get so defensive if the opinion held on here sits in the minority, as mine clearly seems to.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 10:12:25 pm by Keith Lard »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2022, 10:11:11 pm »
“He’s uniquely placed not to affect others”

Gets Covid, meets a journalist the next day.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2022, 10:13:22 pm »

;D

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2022, 10:14:49 pm »
The guy doesn't want to put a vaccine in his body - not a crime.

He wants to play tennis - not a crime.

He's uniquely placed to not infect others because of the regularity at which he gets tested, tennis being an individual sport, and the amount of scrutiny he will be under.

He's uniquely placed NOT to be treated the same way as the citizens of a country so he can earn himself $4m.

Fck that shit off.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2022, 10:19:21 pm »
One thing - I didn't know that Djokovic had broken isolation after testing positive. Just saw that on the Beeb.

Now that sheds a different light on things for sure. He should only be allowed to compete if he observes the specific guidelines.

Yeh - he's got to pay a price for that.

Offline Perkinsonian

• Kopite
« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2022, 10:30:35 pm »
I just believe fundamental personal liberties must be protected, even if it throws up difficult problems such as this.

With exception of refugees does entry into the territory of a foreign country belong to the catalog of basic human rights or fundamental personal liberties?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2022, 10:31:16 pm »

"He's uniquely placed not to affect others"

Organises a tennis even at the height of the pandemic, infects several people.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2022, 10:58:30 pm »
Not really...rub the Paris crowd up the wrong way and it would eclipse any AO abuse

Just from TV I would agree with this, Paris crowd can be harsh and seems worse. Being lucky enough to have lived in Paris and go to Roland Garros in the flesh, you really don't want to be on the wrong side of the locals, gets brutal and way out of hand at times.

No idea how the Aussies will react but reckon it will be a wall of boos for the first game or so fading off into laughter and pantomime jeers. Reckon in Paris they'd be chucking stuff on the court given the same scenario. Hopefully we won't get to find out though.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2022, 11:03:37 pm »
One thing - I didn't know that Djokovic had broken isolation after testing positive. Just saw that on the Beeb.

Now that sheds a different light on things for sure. He should only be allowed to compete if he observes the specific guidelines.

Yeh - he's got to pay a price for that.

Fair one
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2022, 11:04:05 pm »
He is probably the best player to ever play the game.

He is also dangerous, reactionary, and wrong and he should not be at this tournament. His one real weakness is that he doesn't feel like he gets the love he deserves, so a hostile crowd can get to him, with the right opponent, and if everything aligns right. The slight dip in preparation won't help either.

But he shouldn't be there. He has done a catalogue of things that others would have been deported for. He's a thunder c%%.

Better than Borg or McEnroe?

behave.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2022, 11:06:36 pm »
Meh. Don't care.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2022, 12:16:40 am »
As per John Oliver - And then there is this...

Report: Novak under fresh investigation

Fresh reports emerged on Thursday claiming Spanish authorities are investigating Djokovic over his arrival into the country.

The tennis star said his agent incorrectly ticked “no” on a form asking if he had travelled in the 14 days before leaving for Australia, when in fact he had gone from Serbia to Spain in that time, where he practised ahead of the year’s first grand slam.

Spanish publication COPE reports agencies are looking into whether he entered the country illegally.

Tennis journalist Ben Rothenberg revealed Spains’s policy stipulates “unvaccinated tourists” are not allowed to enter the country and he’d need to prove his work was “essential” to get in.

Fellow tennis reporter Gaspar Ribeiro Lanca tweeted: “Breaking news: COPE reports that the Spanish Government is now investigating whether unvaccinated Novak Djokovic entered the country illegally in late December.

“Since September 20, citizens from Serbia need a vaccine certificate OR a special exemption to enter Spanish territory but so far the authorities say they did not receive any request from Djokovic.”

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #155 on: January 13, 2022, 07:31:08 am »
Wow. He is digging the hole deeper now..

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2022, 08:37:07 am »
The lengths these dickheads go to be unvaccinated. Then expect everyone to conform around their needs and wants

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2022, 09:36:30 am »
On 50% crowds just announced, so won’t be half the fallout even if he stays. Bit shit.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2022, 09:44:03 am »

I say this as someone that’s never been a Djokovic fan. He comes across as a smug git imo. But then I think men’s tennis is generally devoid of characters. Likes of federer and nadal are dull as dishwater. That aside I still think the smug got should be allowed to compete and the public should find something else to get their knickers in a twist over. People dying in the world and the public obsessed about bullshit like one tennis player, Kanye and Kim, etc.

People dying in the world.

Do you think that people dying in the world are helped by dickwads lying, breaking rules and acting like a Boris?

What if everyone else did the same?

How would that affect people dying.

Some entitled gobshite that can swing a bit of plastic at another bit of plastic doesn't deserve any special favours.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2022, 10:03:30 am »

I think people are pissed because..

1. He got the infection and spent time with kids and/or doing an interview immediately (Was it responsible behaviour from someone who knew his actions are scrutinised on an international stage?)
2. He lied about his travels on an international visa application (Tell me what would happen to Mr and Mrs John Doe if they had lied on their application)
3. He purposefully floundered the entry regulation to a foreign land (Same question about Mr and Mrs John Doe)
4. Not to mention, he allegedly lied about his test results (We dont know what really happened here)
5. Also, as a followup to 1 and 2, his travel to Spain is in scrutiny

Please correct me if I have misled something.