Author Topic: LC: Norwich 0 v 3 Liverpool 4’ 79’ Minamino 50’ Origi  (Read 34903 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: LC: Norwich 0 v 3 Liverpool 4’ 79’ Minamino 50’ Origi
« Reply #480 on: September 22, 2021, 09:26:20 am »
Didn't watch all of it (the missus wanted to watch Bake Off so thought this was a good sacrificial lamb to avoid moaning about football for the next month) but what the fuck was that twat doing hacking Curtis from behind? After what happened with Harvey you'd think a fellow professional would have a little more common sense and respect.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #481 on: September 22, 2021, 09:28:52 am »
As a bit of an aside, in theory this such an easy competition to win. I understand playing fairly weakened sides in the early rounds and that our focus is obviously elsewhere, but if you're Klopp at what point do you just go for it? A trophy is a trophy, a cup final is a cup final - particularly with fans back in the ground.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #482 on: September 22, 2021, 09:31:53 am »
I think Norwich could really do with someone like Nat Phillips at the back as well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: September 22, 2021, 09:34:07 am »
As a bit of an aside, in theory this such an easy competition to win. I understand playing fairly weakened sides in the early rounds and that our focus is obviously elsewhere, but if you're Klopp at what point do you just go for it? A trophy is a trophy, a cup final is a cup final - particularly with fans back in the ground.

The difficulty will be a two legged semi final that coincides with AFCON.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: September 22, 2021, 09:40:11 am »
The difficulty will be a two legged semi final that coincides with AFCON.

Are the semis two-legged again, are they, yeah? Gets tricky too if you happen to get someone like a City or Chelsea in the semis as opposed to the Final and then have big decisions to make regarding team selection - and that's assuming everyone's available.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #485 on: September 22, 2021, 09:44:42 am »

The problem is always going to be the team down the M62 who have such a deep squad they can rest their entire first choice XI and still have a team worth about £400 million (well....cost).

Its rightly the lowest priority for us. If we get a bit lucky with draws, we maybe could win it. But that sort of draw unfortunately (tin hat....) seems exclusively saved for the aforementioned team down the M62. The other season we did well to get to the quarters and then had to play our kids away against Villa whilst United and City had Colchester and Oxford respectively. Flip that around and there's every chance we still could have got to a semi, which I'm sure we'd have taken seriously.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #486 on: September 22, 2021, 09:45:12 am »
That's very specific  :D
Ha

Well, I felt I needed to illustrate my very specific emotion!

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: September 22, 2021, 09:46:59 am »
Are the semis two-legged again, are they, yeah? Gets tricky too if you happen to get someone like a City or Chelsea in the semis as opposed to the Final and then have big decisions to make regarding team selection - and that's assuming everyone's available.
Honestly depends on the schedule but It very possible Klopp would ride with who got him there for those matches. The club including Klopp care much more about PL and CL winning it then either domestic cup(view it as a good way to bed some players in/giving young players a chance)

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: September 22, 2021, 09:50:04 am »

Probably never, this season anyway, our christmas is pretty brutal with Leeds, Leicester away, Chelsea away in about 7 days then the first leg of the semi is a few days after and we won't have Mane or Salah so it's gonna be tough to go for it unless we want players totally run in to the ground.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: September 22, 2021, 09:55:01 am »
I’ve a feeling for us to get far in this we’d need Manchester City type cup draws all the way to the semi final. Next round I just know we’re booked in for Chelsea away.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: September 22, 2021, 10:02:04 am »
I’ve a feeling for us to get far in this we’d need Manchester City type cup draws all the way to the semi final. Next round I just know we’re booked in for Chelsea away.

If we can get home draws it's easier but going away to City or Chelsea and the strength of their squads makes it very difficult if we haven't got near enough our strongest side out, play them at Anfield and it's at least a leveller.

Spurs played Championship Brentford in the semi last year. If we could make the semi and get a draw like that we'd have a chance (given the players we'll be missing).

Hopefully can have a go at the FA Cup. 150 year anniversary of it.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #491 on: September 22, 2021, 10:03:42 am »
Great to see the young lads get a run out, they performed well too!
Like Gordon's ball control, they all need a bit of bulking up but technically all look sound

Glad Taki and big div scored, another clean sheet too. Fun game
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: September 22, 2021, 10:07:34 am »

Yeah we're goign to be drawn against early 90s AC Milan away and city will get stockport under 6s [pep will play a full strength team].

Klopp is never going to pick a strong team in this unless we're in the final, so it's all on the draw really. Get a decent draw and we can progress, anything too tough and we'll go out. Been the same every year since he's been here bar the first couple [when we didn't have a much more important competition to think about].
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: September 22, 2021, 10:07:53 am »
Honestly depends on the schedule but It very possible Klopp would ride with who got him there for those matches. The club including Klopp care much more about PL and CL winning it then either domestic cup(view it as a good way to bed some players in/giving young players a chance)

Probably never, this season anyway, our christmas is pretty brutal with Leeds, Leicester away, Chelsea away in about 7 days then the first leg of the semi is a few days after and we won't have Mane or Salah so it's gonna be tough to go for it unless we want players totally run in to the ground.

Definitely get that. It's an interesting one because we all know it's never going to take precedence over the League or Champions League in Klopp's mind, but if we do find ourselves in a Final against, say, City or Chelsea you'd have to imagine we'd take it very seriously.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #494 on: September 22, 2021, 10:17:23 am »
Definitely get that. It's an interesting one because we all know it's never going to take precedence over the League or Champions League in Klopp's mind, but if we do find ourselves in a Final against, say, City or Chelsea you'd have to imagine we'd take it very seriously.

Even  if we were in the final. if we had a few players injured already and were in the CL and title race, he might still not play the strongest team available to him.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: September 22, 2021, 10:27:44 am »
Yeah we're goign to be drawn against early 90s AC Milan away and city will get stockport under 6s [pep will play a full strength team].

Klopp is never going to pick a strong team in this unless we're in the final, so it's all on the draw really. Get a decent draw and we can progress, anything too tough and we'll go out. Been the same every year since he's been here bar the first couple [when we didn't have a much more important competition to think about].

Last time we reached the semi in the League Cup we went out to Southampton. Crucially we lost Mane to the Afcon for that tie and he was our key player at the time (pre-Salah and Robbo/Trent) as we lacked pace without him.

We tend to struggle for form in January as well.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: September 22, 2021, 10:40:49 am »
Konate is going to be a boss player. I thought he looked tired last 10 mins but you can see he's got everything.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #497 on: September 22, 2021, 11:28:09 am »
At one point Gordon, Morton, Jones, Minamino and Ox were all just all over the midfield. It seemed like a counter to Norwich playing it out to the wing backs and then through the central areas where they were getting a bit of joy at the end of the first half.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: September 22, 2021, 11:30:41 am »
Konate is going to be a boss player. I thought he looked tired last 10 mins but you can see he's got everything.

he's an absolute unit, uses his strength very well

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: September 22, 2021, 11:36:11 am »
Bloody club website has region blocking on League Cup games so I can't see the replay despite paying my dues, gee that shits me. Had to make do with a grainy 5 minute youtube. Would have liked to see our young guns in action.

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #500 on: September 22, 2021, 11:45:26 am »
Bloody club website has region blocking on League Cup games so I can't see the replay despite paying my dues, gee that shits me. Had to make do with a grainy 5 minute youtube. Would have liked to see our young guns in action.

Official highlights on Youtube, fella

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #501 on: September 22, 2021, 11:58:53 am »

A range of highlights here mate (in the RAWK 'Liverpool Audio / Video thread' - with full match replays too):-

www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.msg17959729#msg17959729

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: September 22, 2021, 12:36:26 pm »
How does Ben Gibson start ahead of Kabak. Bizarre

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: September 22, 2021, 01:00:37 pm »
How does Ben Gibson start ahead of Kabak. Bizarre

Kabak started the last league game, so I'm not sure he does/will.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #504 on: September 22, 2021, 01:11:42 pm »
Kabak started the last league game, so I'm not sure he does/will.

Yeah Kabak has just come to fitness, so started the last league game. Gibson isn't the problem anyway, it's Hanley starting every match they need to be concerned about. He is dreadful.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #505 on: September 22, 2021, 01:37:57 pm »
Great result and lots of positives to take from the game, especially for Origi and Taki who really need to find their feet. Both have now made decent starts to the season and hopefully we'll be able to use them both in the coming games.

Silly mistake by Bradley, really didn't need to jump in but these are the games to make those kind of mistakes in and learn from. Great save from Kelleher which makes it sweeter.

Hope Naby os ok though Morton looked Tidy.

Won't add to the hype around Gordon  but it'll be good to see him play another game next month.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 01:39:55 pm by Mighty_Red »
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: September 22, 2021, 01:42:35 pm »
Loved Takis finish for the first goal, so instinctive, can kind of see why some were mentioning him as a potential false 9 a while back.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #507 on: September 22, 2021, 03:02:14 pm »
Ha

Well, I felt I needed to illustrate my very specific emotion!
You certainly bared your sole
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: September 22, 2021, 03:30:39 pm »
What was the deal with the game being stopped because a Norwich player hit his own teammate with the ball?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #509 on: September 22, 2021, 03:32:18 pm »
What was the deal with the game being stopped because a Norwich player hit his own teammate with the ball?
Tsimikas thought "Hold my beer..."
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: September 22, 2021, 03:33:53 pm »
You certainly bared your sole
You are trout of order.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #511 on: September 22, 2021, 04:02:20 pm »
You are trout of order.
This thread really isn't the plaice for these puns.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #512 on: September 22, 2021, 04:13:12 pm »
Yea, let's keep this serious. I hope we don't draw Everton in the next round...

;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: September 22, 2021, 04:31:27 pm »
Next you'll be telling me that Ronaldo isn't a Dover!

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: September 22, 2021, 04:33:51 pm »
Next you'll be telling me that Ronaldo isn't a Dover!

Ferry much so.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jόrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #515 on: September 22, 2021, 05:01:52 pm »
If you try something like Nordvpn you can get around those geoblocks.

If you are watching on an android phone, Hoxx will do it for free.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: September 22, 2021, 05:09:31 pm »
After about 30 years without a decent, dependable, left back we now appear to have two of the best in the league.

Staunton or Tsimikas? I'd go with Tsimikas, but would anyone choose Staunton?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: September 22, 2021, 05:29:15 pm »
Staunton or Tsimikas? I'd go with Tsimikas, but would anyone choose Staunton?

Staunton left (originally) 30 years ago for Villa tbf which dates it.

His second spell was more remembered for him playing in goal than anything he did at LB.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: September 22, 2021, 05:38:17 pm »
Staunton was very underrated, was surprised that the club let him go during his first spell.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: September 22, 2021, 10:12:44 pm »
We got Preston away in the next round. Good draw that.