Author Topic: 2021/22 TV Fixtures  (Read 42623 times)

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 2021/22 TV Fixtures
« Reply #320 on: March 15, 2022, 01:36:30 am »
FSA - The process is being held up due to the need to gain UEFA approval for one of the fixtures to take place on a Champions League match day.

So they say anyway!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #321 on: March 15, 2022, 02:18:59 am »
FSA - The process is being held up due to the need to gain UEFA approval for one of the fixtures to take place on a Champions League match day.

So they say anyway!
but that's already happening on Wednesday? And we don't have to play on an UCL match day because we will be playing in that anyway hopefully, doesn't make sense

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: March 15, 2022, 09:11:48 am »
but that's already happening on Wednesday? And we don't have to play on an UCL match day because we will be playing in that anyway hopefully, doesn't make sense

It's not one of our fixtures. It's another team.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #323 on: March 15, 2022, 09:28:09 am »
It's not one of our fixtures. It's another team.

Man United? So we are waiting to see if United can get past Athleti?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: March 15, 2022, 09:38:00 am »
No. The problem is (according to the FSA) that they need approval from UEFA to broadcast a fixture at the same time that the CL is being played. It could be any of the games that needs to be re-arranged.

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: March 15, 2022, 04:03:48 pm »
Villa v Liverpool - sat 16th April 5.30 (subject to FA Cup)
Liverpool v Man Utd - tue 19th April 8pm
Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 24th april (subect to CL games)
Newcastle v Liverpool - sat 30th April 12.30pm

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: March 15, 2022, 04:04:44 pm »
logically United moved to the next free week glad sky didn't push otherwise, FA Cup semi has to be on the Saturday now though?

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: March 15, 2022, 04:09:05 pm »
They are waiting to see what happens Sunday or they would of already announced Utd for that date - Utd definately being kept back for May

Totally shocked at the unselfishness of sky

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #328 on: March 15, 2022, 04:24:08 pm »
logically United moved to the next free week glad sky didn't push otherwise, FA Cup semi has to be on the Saturday now though?

That's good news, the trek to Wembley (if we get there) is hard enough work without it being on a Sunday.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: March 15, 2022, 04:39:22 pm »

Tuesday? Ffs. That means we would have to have the Saturday FA Cup semi final with the later kick off, and any extra time and pens would leave no trains back, at least with the Sunday 4.30 you could make it but no chance for the Saturday.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 04:40:54 pm by stonecold_jpm »

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: March 15, 2022, 04:40:02 pm »
Be careful what you wish for as we might get a sat 12:30 ko at Wembley??

Online Craig67

• Main Stander
« Reply #331 on: March 15, 2022, 04:41:41 pm »
So, don't want to tempt fate, but does that mean the FA Cup Semi Final, if we get there, would have to be Saturday tea time, if our European game is set for the Wednesday?
Or could they still push us to potentially Sunday for the FA Cup, meaning United moves to Wednesday? 

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: March 15, 2022, 04:42:17 pm »

Doubt it, they’ve been Sat 5.30 and Sun 4.30 recently.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: March 15, 2022, 04:43:42 pm »
So, don't want to tempt fate, but does that mean the FA Cup Semi Final, if we get there, would have to be Saturday tea time, if our European game is set for the Wednesday?
Or could they still push us to potentially Sunday for the FA Cup, meaning United moves to Wednesday? 

Well this is why they should’ve waited till next week, there was no rush for it really. It’s still weeks away.

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: March 15, 2022, 04:46:56 pm »

No chance. Man Utd has been put on Tuesday on it's own so that it doesn't clash with any other fixtures. They're not going to move it to Wednesday to clash with other games as they want it to be their standout game.
The FA Cup game would be Saturday if we got there.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: March 15, 2022, 04:52:40 pm »
Tuesday? Ffs. That means we would have to have the Saturday FA Cup semi final with the later kick off, and any extra time and pens would leave no trains back, at least with the Sunday 4.30 you could make it but no chance for the Saturday.
there's limited trains anyway that weekend due to works

Online Craig67

• Main Stander
« Reply #336 on: March 15, 2022, 04:52:45 pm »
No chance. Man Utd has been put on Tuesday on it's own so that it doesn't clash with any other fixtures. They're not going to move it to Wednesday to clash with other games as they want it to be their standout game.
The FA Cup game would be Saturday if we got there.

Cheers, thanks for that.

Also I think Newcastle is after the 1st leg of the European Cup semi, if we get there, which could potentially be Wednesday. 
So that could potentially be moved (I'd hope, in that scenario.... but who knows).
In fact, in that scenario we are shafted either way, because the European schedule would be Wednesday - Tuesday. So the Newcastle game will need to be Saturday.

EDIT: I suppose plenty of time to worry about that later, need to make sure we get there first.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 04:54:20 pm by Craig67 »

Offline GambleScouser

• Boys Pen
« Reply #337 on: March 15, 2022, 05:48:57 pm »
"Liverpool v Everton: Sunday April 24, 4.30pm (Sky Sports)**
** Please note, Liverpool v Everton is subject to further change depending on LFC’s possible participation in the Champions League semi-finals. "

Can anyone explain how being in the CL Semi finals would affect the Everton fixture?

Offline Belmont butty

• Main Stander
« Reply #338 on: March 15, 2022, 05:54:39 pm »
** Please note, Liverpool v Everton is subject to further change depending on LFC’s possible participation in the Champions League semi-finals. "

Can anyone explain how being in the CL Semi finals would affect the Everton fixture?

The first leg of the semi is scheduled for the following Tues/Wed. If we get through and Uefa allocated us the Tues slot, we can't play the previous Sunday; the derby would be moved back to Saturday at 5.30.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #339 on: March 15, 2022, 05:54:54 pm »

Last Merseyside Derby at Wembley was 12:30 wasn't it?  :o

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #340 on: March 15, 2022, 05:57:36 pm »

One of the semi finals' first leg will be played on the 26th (tues). If we (or Everton...) are in it, the derby will be moved. (Probably back to the Saturday?)

Not sure if they'll already draw the actual semi fixtures on Friday.

Offline GambleScouser

• Boys Pen
« Reply #341 on: March 15, 2022, 06:00:36 pm »
They could have kept it on the Saturday all along, then we don't have to wait until after the CL QF on 13 April to confirm this.  Honestly, this will all be so much smoother when they put me in charge of the Premier League!!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: March 15, 2022, 06:10:52 pm »
One of the semi finals' first leg will be played on the 26th (tues). If we (or Everton...) are in it, the derby will be moved. (Probably back to the Saturday?)

Really hope so, as could do without the cost of 2 flights 10 days before the fucking fixture. Fucking pathetic planning yet again from the Premier League. c*nts.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: March 15, 2022, 06:11:46 pm »

anyone remember from 2019 if they announced dates for semis after quarter final draws? I'm assuming not but

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #344 on: March 15, 2022, 07:07:31 pm »
the derby would be moved back to Saturday at 5.30.
is it defo 5:30 if it's the saturday?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: March 15, 2022, 07:46:21 pm »
is it defo 5:30 if it's the saturday?

Brentford v Spurs currently scheduled for 5.30 on Saturday, but with an asterisk that it may move subject to CL participation of other clubs, so that'll be us.

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: March 15, 2022, 08:43:32 pm »
Brentford v Spurs currently scheduled for 5.30 on Saturday, but with an asterisk that it may move subject to CL participation of other clubs, so that'll be us.

Chelsea game also has an * against it. Be interesting if LFC and Chelsea both get through, drew each other, and were scheduled to play on the Tuesday. They'd need to move both games somewhere (7.45pm sat probably for one of them)

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: March 16, 2022, 08:29:13 am »
anyone remember from 2019 if they announced dates for semis after quarter final draws? I'm assuming not but

They didn't. Dates were only finalised after us and Barca were through

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #348 on: March 16, 2022, 10:29:50 am »

You knew at least which week we were playing because loads of us booked Barca for peanuts before Porto second leg.
Long live the King

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: March 16, 2022, 10:37:45 am »
You knew at least which week we were playing because loads of us booked Barca for peanuts before Porto second leg.

There only are 2 weeks for the semis.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #350 on: March 16, 2022, 11:10:16 am »
There only are 2 weeks for the semis.
He means that you know which week the away leg will be played so for example loads would have booked Mon-Thu before the 2nd leg against Porto.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: March 16, 2022, 11:20:29 am »
He means that you know which week the away leg will be played so for example loads would have booked Mon-Thu before the 2nd leg against Porto.

Ah yeah, looks like that was announced when the QF draw was made

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=342404.0

So judging by that, we won't know for sure when the Everton game will be until the QF is finished  :butt

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: March 16, 2022, 11:48:04 am »
thought so thanks

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #353 on: March 16, 2022, 12:34:48 pm »
Ah yeah, looks like that was announced when the QF draw was made

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=342404.0

So judging by that, we won't know for sure when the Everton game will be until the QF is finished  :butt
Correct, its a ridiculous situation...and one that could have been so easily avoided  ::)
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: March 16, 2022, 01:56:54 pm »
I wonder does United being knocked out last night have an effect on which days us and City play in the CL QF which will then impact our league game at the Etihad.

Normally we are paired with City on CL nights so that us and United don't play on the CL for viewing figure purposes and City play on opposite nights from United for policing reasons. If United had qualified last night, us and City would've had to have played same night in the QF which would have made it more likely for the league game to stay on Sunday 10th April.

Offline Chris H

• Anny Roader
  • Spion Kop 1906
« Reply #355 on: March 17, 2022, 08:41:54 am »
Does anyone know if Newcastle will get moved if we are to play the Wednesday of the first European Cup semi? Didn't that rule get brought in where they stopped Wednesday/early Saturday fixtures?
The fixtures only mention Everton being moved if we are drawn to play the first leg the Tuesday.
@SpionKop1906

All donations welcome. All funds raised through sales go straight into the flag fund for future flags and banners.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: March 17, 2022, 09:59:41 am »
Does anyone know if Newcastle will get moved if we are to play the Wednesday of the first European Cup semi? Didn't that rule get brought in where they stopped Wednesday/early Saturday fixtures?
The fixtures only mention Everton being moved if we are drawn to play the first leg the Tuesday.
it has no * to move so I doubt it

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: March 17, 2022, 03:47:28 pm »

That rules only comes in next season. If you play Wednesday then you won't have to play 12.30pm Saturday if selected by BT., it'll be 7.45pm Saturday instead

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: March 18, 2022, 12:46:50 pm »
The Tuesday - Wednesday rule is so stupid and UEFA should fix it if you play one leg Tuesday you should play the other Tuesday ridiculous having 1 Tie over 6 days and the other over 8 days

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: March 21, 2022, 10:10:07 am »
Is United confirmed and not changing now? Or is does the semi-final mean there's a poss of change?
Liverpool ist Rad!