Author Topic: Liverpool vs Leicester City, Anfield, 30th December 2017 at 3.00pm Pre Match  (Read 28491 times)

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Re: Liverpool vs Leicester City, Anfield, 30th December 2017 at 3.00pm Pre Match
« Reply #200 on: December 30, 2017, 02:38:49 pm »
Feeling we might win this with a bit of a rollercoaster - 3-2

Offline AndreTheMidget

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool vs Leicester City, Anfield, 30th December 2017 at 3.00pm Pre Match
« Reply #201 on: December 30, 2017, 02:39:54 pm »
I really don't think Klopp thinks in those terms. My guess is he's picked two teams for these two games that he thinks maximises the chances of most points across the two fixtures.

I keep seeing this "Dropped", "Rotation" stuff - I think it shows a misunderstanding of how Klopp is building this squad. It stems from a mindset that one set of eleven is 'better' than another; again, I don't think Klopp thinks like that. I think he thinks about the best 11 for a game, with the constraints and context at the time.

The man himself says it's rotation but perhaps you know better ;)

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/285653-klopp-rotation-the-reason-for-loris-karius-start

And the short turnaround between the two matches was the basis for the boss fielding Karius in place of Simon Mignolet.

“[It is] rotation, simple as that, because we play today and we play again in 48 hours,” said Klopp.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: December 30, 2017, 02:40:03 pm »
that front 4=goals

but the ref is going to give them a free penalty for sure. Pretty sure the refs having a laugh with lets award the softest penalty to whoever liverpool play cup.

hopefully it doesn't matter because we will be 5 up by then :)

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: December 30, 2017, 02:41:44 pm »
 I hope our front 3 plus Coutinho (hate the term fab 4) FUCK THEM UP..

F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #204 on: December 30, 2017, 02:42:20 pm »

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/285653-klopp-rotation-the-reason-for-loris-karius-start

And the short turnaround between the two matches was the basis for the boss fielding Karius in place of Simon Mignolet.

“[It is] rotation, simple as that, because we play today and we play again in 48 hours,” said Klopp.
Nahh- not a goalie and not a striker(except our strikers).
Those two positions don't need rotating much. Certainly not a goalie. Definitely not. Goalies could play 3 games in the space of 60 hours easy.

This is because of the type of goalie that we need against Leicester. I just think Jurgen's just keeping it simple there- not trying to raise eyebrows and unnecessary speculation etc.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 02:44:29 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #205 on: December 30, 2017, 02:42:42 pm »
Hopefully. Mignolet can be excellent at time, but it's not often enough, and has clangers in him at any given time. That Xhaka goal is one of the worst I've seen in a long time. Hopefully we are in the market for a number 1 if Karius doesn;t prove he's worthy of it over the next 6 months.

Now that VVD has signed, I think GK becomes our top priority. I think it is the position where an upgrade would make the biggest difference in terms of points won/lost. I suspect come September either Karius will be #1, or we will have signed a new keeper who will be. Karius really needs to show something to Klopp to make his mind up for him in these chances he is given.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: December 30, 2017, 02:45:08 pm »
Now that VVD has signed, I think GK becomes our top priority. I think it is the position where an upgrade would make the biggest difference in terms of points won/lost. I suspect come September either Karius will be #1, or we will have signed a new keeper who will be. Karius really needs to show something to Klopp to make his mind up for him in these chances he is given.

It's make or break for Karius now.. Either he grabs his chance or Klopp fucks both him and mig off in the summer..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: December 30, 2017, 02:46:05 pm »
Nahh- not a goalie and not a striker(except our strikers).
Those two positions don't need rotating much. Certainly not a goalie. Definitely not. Goalies could play 3 games in the space of 60 hours easy.

This is because of the type of goalie that we need against Leicester. I just think Jurgen's just keeping it simple there- not trying to raise eyebrows and unnecessary speculation etc.
I think the most interesting thing will be who plays against Burnley in goal.

Offline Yanwoo

• Internet. Serious business.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #208 on: December 30, 2017, 02:46:09 pm »

I most certainly do not!

It's very rare for him to use the word, I remember two occasions this season when he has (I remember being surprised when I heard the quote you mentioned), but if you watch when he's specifically asked about rotation (which is quite frequently), he tends to not use the 'rotation' word, and often implicitly denies the validity of the question i.e. it's not rotation.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #209 on: December 30, 2017, 02:46:31 pm »
Your memory is correct. However, Migs isn't to blame for that. Okazaki was dragging him back by the arm therefore he had no chance of reaching the cross.

I wasn't blaming him for the goal. It was a foul. Just like the Watford goal too earlier in the season.

Perhaps a more physical keeper shrugs things like that off easier? Or wouldn't be targetted like that in the first place? Perhaps a more vocal, commanding goal keeper makes sure it doesn't go unnoticed? In my mind, once a keeper comes off his line he either needs to be getting the ball or the foul there. I personally think Migs being both extremely intelligent and nice can be a hindrance at times like that.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #210 on: December 30, 2017, 02:47:57 pm »
You just know Lovren is nailed on to score.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #211 on: December 30, 2017, 02:48:31 pm »

I'm a firm believer in teams having a good spine. Van Dijk, Keita and a proper, dominant goalkeeper goes a long way to having that.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #212 on: December 30, 2017, 02:49:30 pm »
I think the most interesting thing will be who plays against Burnley in goal.
Trapp! ;)
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: December 30, 2017, 02:51:14 pm »
It's make or break for Karius now.. Either he grabs his chance or Klopp fucks both him and mig off in the summer..

why is it? just look at the amount of times mignolet have been backed.

best stop getting brainwashed with the pundits creating unnecessary drama even when watching paint dry. 

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 30, 2017, 02:51:54 pm »
Carn da Reds!!

Offline AndreTheMidget

• Kopite
« Reply #215 on: December 30, 2017, 02:52:00 pm »

Agreed, think it's a huge need for us and one we hopefully fill (or Karius does). Ederson has been an enormous difference for City and it feels like the one position you can look at and say we are miles behind in compared to others. I guess thats good and bad, good in that we are a really good side already despite having such an obvious problem position (how good could we be when it's rectified?!) and bad that we seemingly keep handicapping ourselves every season by not fucking sorting it.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #216 on: December 30, 2017, 02:52:01 pm »
Why can't footballers just wear suits anymore?!
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #217 on: December 30, 2017, 02:52:43 pm »
why is it? just look at the amount of times mignolet have been backed.

best stop getting brainwashed with the pundits creating unnecessary drama even when watching paint dry.

Because both have shown themselves to be not good enough as of yet.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Man้ & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #218 on: December 30, 2017, 02:53:30 pm »
I wasn't blaming him for the goal. It was a foul. Just like the Watford goal too earlier in the season.

Perhaps a more physical keeper shrugs things like that off easier? Or wouldn't be targetted like that in the first place? Perhaps a more vocal, commanding goal keeper makes sure it doesn't go unnoticed? In my mind, once a keeper comes off his line he either needs to be getting the ball or the foul there. I personally think Migs being both extremely intelligent and nice can be a hindrance at times like that.

Yes I was just about to say, he's far too intelligent to be a Liverpool goalkeeper. You can see him contemplating the Transactional interpretation and critiquing Stochastic mechanics when he should be focusing on passing to fucking Matip. It's a farce and I am glad you have brought it up.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #219 on: December 30, 2017, 02:54:42 pm »
I'm a firm believer in teams having a good spine. Van Dijk, Keita and a proper, dominant goalkeeper goes a long way to having that.

Yep, I have been saying this for a long time too. It's hard to judge a Klopp team when he hasn't put the spine of his team together yet. Karius, Matip, VVD, Keita, Gini - that will be the players he has signed for the spine of his team. Karius either needs to play or be replaced. Likewise I suspect we will see a #6 that fits his system signed too. Goretzka isn't a #6 and I don't think would sign for a side who intends to use him as one. He wants to be the Gerrard 08/09 of a side - all over the pitch and running the show. I suspect knowing where the manager intends to use him will be a key part in all talks with clubs. I think we need to replace Can and for it to be a defensive minded midfielder, so it will be interesting if we do sign another midfielder, who it is and what mould he fits. I'm still hopeful it is someone who looks a lot like Weigl, Fabinho or Saul. :D

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #220 on: December 30, 2017, 02:55:11 pm »
There's also the way a central defensive partnership defends that improves a defence. It's not just the defender's strengths in isolation, as I see so many people solely take into account.
It's about the angles they give away and how they pressure, how they mark and read, how far they push you out to the left or right etc...
Van Dijk and A.N.other will markedly improve our defense. Currently, our defenders- while allowing a low amount of shots on goal- make sure those chances are quality chances for the opposition and that is not good at all on any goalie.

I've watched some footage of him and one thing I've noticed is that he gives A LOT of instructions during defensive transitions.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 02:57:50 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #221 on: December 30, 2017, 02:55:38 pm »
Yes I was just about to say, he's far too intelligent to be a Liverpool goalkeeper. You can see him contemplating the Transactional interpretation and critiquing Stochastic mechanics when he should be focusing on passing to fucking Matip. It's a farce and I am glad you have brought it up.

LOL.

He has touched on this himself though. He plays too much in his head. His wife pointed it out to him when he was dropped by Rodgers.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 30, 2017, 02:55:48 pm »
Your memory is correct. However, Migs isn't to blame for that. Okazaki was dragging him back by the arm therefore he had no chance of reaching the cross.

Yeah, that was a ridiculous goal. Should have been disallowed for any of handball, offside, and Okazaki full on grabbing Migs and tugging him down.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: December 30, 2017, 02:56:33 pm »
Just seen the lineup. Karius starting :)
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #224 on: December 30, 2017, 02:56:38 pm »
Neil Swarbrick to rise to the challenge, like a colossus among his peers, and book prick Jamie Vardy for his 'hang-a-leg-out' trick.   :scarf

Online Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: December 30, 2017, 02:56:59 pm »
C'mon the redmen, let's finish this year off in style.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: December 30, 2017, 02:57:10 pm »
Trapp! ;)

Even if we got him (and he's worse than Karius IMO) he wouldn't be able to play against Burnley. Needs to registered by mid-day the previous day.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: December 30, 2017, 02:58:59 pm »
One of the front four will score twice, I think.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #228 on: December 30, 2017, 02:59:04 pm »
Yeah, that was a ridiculous goal. Should have been disallowed for any of handball, offside, and Okazaki full on grabbing Migs and tugging him down.

Wasn't there even a question of a foul on Gomez in the box too?

It was a proper clusterfuck of a goal, from an officiating perspective.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #229 on: December 30, 2017, 03:00:24 pm »