Author Topic: Europa League 2023/2024  (Read 53781 times)

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
Re: Europa League 2023/2024
« Reply #1080 on: April 22, 2024, 05:30:21 pm »
Surely people hoovering up hotel rooms and flights long before their team has made it only adds to the difficulties of supporters attending a European final?

It was £34 return when I booked, now £564. There is your answer

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1081 on: April 22, 2024, 05:35:55 pm »
I'm going too. Flying out early morning and back on the Thursday, I did go in the ballot through uefa but unsure on the odds on that.

Be hilarious that they'll be a good few of us over there.😂

Yeah definitely drop me a message if you go.

People above on about the ‘neutral’ section saying taking off other people, wonder what they would do if they were successful and have travel, hotel and days off work booked and loves their footy? Obviously gutted we are not there but in 4 occasions of pre booking travel, this is the only time it has not paid off. Went to Paris for £60 all in because of pre booking and was lucky to successful in all ballots. Each to their own but it works for me

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #1082 on: April 23, 2024, 08:24:24 am »
Surely people hoovering up hotel rooms and flights long before their team has made it only adds to the difficulties of supporters attending a European final?

Womp Womp

Snooze you lose

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1083 on: April 23, 2024, 09:01:38 am »

Blame the airlines and hotels for profiteering, not the fans for trying to get as cheap as possible.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1084 on: April 23, 2024, 09:09:24 am »

You’ll find from previous European finals, as it gets close to the actual date and the teams are confirmed, prices drop a little.

Would’ve been a bit of a logistical nightmare for many getting to this final. You can’t drive or get a train as it’s not mainland Europe. Limited travel options for many.

We would have to dramatically improve but the champions league final next season is in the Allianz Arena. It’s far easier to get too last minute at a reasonable price than Dublin would’ve been, if you’re not willing to travel unless you’re successful in the ballot, for example.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: April 23, 2024, 09:46:33 am »
Blame the airlines and hotels for profiteering, not the fans for trying to get as cheap as possible.

I took punts on booking Dublin last June for £90 (best flights for 1 night trip and back for parade if out of FA cup) and Marseille when the draw was done for £55 (didn't book Lisbon)

If we didn't drop a bollock the other week I'd have been quid's in, only like a footie bet isn't it

For Paris the other year I paid £40, Villarreal £26 soon as their goal hit the back of the net in the last min - saved a fortune pre-booking flights, this is the only time it hasn't worked out for me, £145 out of pocket but saved a lot more than that over the years, splash in the pond compared to the costs of a season overall, currently at 7.6k with 5 games to go, might just tip 8k with a London trip on sat and a day out in town on the beers for Wolves

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1086 on: April 23, 2024, 10:29:14 am »
It's a UEFA ballot, so if you were successful and didn't take the ticket where do you think it would end up?  It wouldn't go direct to either of the clubs in the final, it would go to someone else who was successful in the ballot, a sponsor, or a tout.

it’d hopefully go to fans who selected their team on the uefa ballot and want to support their own team. i’m aware the tickets won’t go to the respective club - it still means one less fan of the two teams going to their final

maybe if it was two smaller teams and it didn’t sell out it’d incentivise this nonsense ballot to stop, as unlikely as this is as there’ll be plenty wanting to go even if not supporting either team for the experience.

feel like people are viewing this as an isolated uefa issue but if you zoom out it’s all part of the same gripe. tickets should go to the fans of the respective clubs. 
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: April 23, 2024, 10:32:43 am »
Yeah definitely drop me a message if you go.

People above on about the ‘neutral’ section saying taking off other people, wonder what they would do if they were successful and have travel, hotel and days off work booked and loves their footy? Obviously gutted we are not there but in 4 occasions of pre booking travel, this is the only time it has not paid off. Went to Paris for £60 all in because of pre booking and was lucky to successful in all ballots. Each to their own but it works for me

“people” being just me  ;D

do you. i wouldn’t. i want to see my team. not an experience. but i get your sentiment of not wanting to waste money. i’m not pointing fingers but ultimately the uefa ballot shouldn’t exist at all.
YNWA.

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1088 on: April 23, 2024, 05:19:40 pm »

do you. i wouldn’t. i want to see my team. not an experience. but i get your sentiment of not wanting to waste money. i’m not pointing fingers but ultimately the uefa ballot shouldn’t exist at all.

Exactly, everyone has their own opinion. But in this case you are talking about the UEFA ballot, I already have my tickets secured from a sponsor on this occasion so it’s nothing to do with the ballot in every other occasion, yes, I have entered the Uefa for ballot but been unsuccessful. Luckily, I have been successful with every ballot at the club apart from one FA Cup semi-final since 2018 so I am in a lucky position and appreciate that. I don’t think that should take the edge off not wanting to go to another football game because it is a different team. Lighten up a little bit, our team has done absolutely wonderful things over the Last few years that we have all been there for. This time it hasn’t worked out but fuck it I will still go to the game. Not everyone has to agree but that is fine.

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1089 on: April 25, 2024, 10:41:30 am »
One of ours has just got email to say successful in UEFA ballot, f*cking typical  :butt

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1090 on: April 25, 2024, 06:27:08 pm »

Just on this. That means you will never watch another team apart from us again? God forbid you have a stag do that wants to go to the footy 😳

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1091 on: April 25, 2024, 11:25:08 pm »
Just on this. That means you will never watch another team apart from us again? God forbid you have a stag do that wants to go to the footy 😳
Why are you still going on about this 2 days after you initially responded?  ::)
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1092 on: April 26, 2024, 06:49:06 am »
Why are you still going on about this 2 days after you initially responded?  ::)

Must have nothing better to do…

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1093 on: April 26, 2024, 08:24:07 am »
One of ours has just got email to say successful in UEFA ballot, f*cking typical  :butt

One of ours got Dublin and London  :duh

4 for each, ahh well

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: April 26, 2024, 11:18:07 am »
Unsuccessful x 7.  We are going anyway and should be a decent day.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1095 on: April 26, 2024, 11:27:56 am »

i mean you're extending the boundaries here

of course i occasionally watch other teams on television

would i go to a rival or neutral ground for a 'stag do'? no? seems a bit weird and unenjoyable as a 'stag' activity actually? but a normal match is not the same as a final, where tickets are scarce enough. would you want groups of 6 or so coming on 'stag dos' to Anfield? bizarre
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 11:33:14 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #1096 on: April 26, 2024, 11:56:59 am »
Anyone know how to get around being blocked on the UEFA website?
Long live the King

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1097 on: April 26, 2024, 12:12:50 pm »

I’m the same. Do you know why?

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #1098 on: April 26, 2024, 12:31:43 pm »
I’m the same. Do you know why?

Nope.
Long live the King

Offline tgi91

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1099 on: April 26, 2024, 02:15:32 pm »

Try from your phone instead, worked for me

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: April 26, 2024, 02:22:11 pm »
One of ours got Dublin and London  :duh

4 for each, ahh well
London CL final was maximum 2 per application?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1101 on: April 26, 2024, 02:55:25 pm »
London CL final was maximum 2 per application?

1 x Dublin successful (his)
2 x Wembley successful (his and sons)

Son didn't get Dublin

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1102 on: Today at 07:42:01 am »
Well people can rest easy because I wasn't successful.

Seriously hoping for Leverkusen v Atalanta.

So pur your money on Marseille v Roma and me pretending to be Irish all day.