Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3434025 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #36880 on: December 10, 2019, 07:18:08 pm »
Few fans on Twitter slagging is for having a fanbase made up mostly of non-scousers. They really are the Arab Everton.
They are such a strange, conflicted bunch, aren't they?

They long to be a big club, but the fanbase is so horribly small-minded and insular. Like you suggest, they are just Everton with a lottery win. Both Abu Dhabi and the shite have been dwarfed by their European giant neighbours for so long that no matter how much money is gifted to them they just can't shake off the small time, small club mentality.

When you look at the populations of cities with global entity football clubs, it's clear and obvious that the majority of their fans will reside outside of their respective cities. This is the case with all the giants of the game.

What's really funny is that although the majority of Liverpool fans don't live in the city itself, we still have more fans in the city than the other Premier League club resident here. Same applies in Manchester. Although most United fans live outside of Manchester, United still have more fans in Manchester than Abu Dhabi do.

For any lurking, self-pitying, cryarsing, paranoid Abu Dhabi 'fans', this is called being a big club.  :wave
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #36881 on: December 10, 2019, 08:21:37 pm »
I'll just leave this here 😀 sorry if it's been posted before....

https://mobile.twitter.com/5liveSport/status/1203760344952258560

He sounds like one of the callers that used to ring in on the fake competitions on the Mark & Lard show back in the Radio 1 days.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #36882 on: December 10, 2019, 08:47:10 pm »
Bow down, bow and know your place, your trampy family from skid row. Consider yourself blessed to even be able to witness and be near this club, this machine, this.....thing that are European Royalty, doing what it does best, conquering Europe.

Next up, the world.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36883 on: December 10, 2019, 08:52:21 pm »
Noel Gallagher is a Tory c*nt

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36884 on: December 10, 2019, 09:41:22 pm »
Bow down, bow and know your place, your trampy family from skid row. Consider yourself blessed to even be able to witness and be near this club, this machine, this.....thing that are European Royalty, doing what it does best, conquering Europe.

Next up, the world.

:thumbup
Jurgen YNWA

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36885 on: December 10, 2019, 11:36:13 pm »
Is right.

Absolutely crazy of anyone to think that Sterling won’t be sickened by racism from that city fan, and any city fan, the other day and is ignoring it because it’s his own club.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36886 on: December 10, 2019, 11:51:21 pm »
Absolutely crazy of anyone to think that Sterling won’t be sickened by racism from that city fan, and any city fan, the other day and is ignoring it because it’s his own club.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36887 on: December 11, 2019, 12:06:34 am »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 04:19:50 pm by SP »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36889 on: December 11, 2019, 03:18:31 pm »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36890 on: December 11, 2019, 03:34:16 pm »
And some people wonder why others think Sterling is an absolute twat.

Your auto correct misspelled trailblazing roll model.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36891 on: December 11, 2019, 03:34:30 pm »
Guardiola once again reiterating that Foden needs more minutes but not giving him more minutes, except today in a dead rubber when they've already qualified.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36892 on: December 11, 2019, 03:38:18 pm »
Guardiola once again reiterating that Foden needs more minutes but not giving him more minutes, except today in a dead rubber when they've already qualified.

Probably worried that the greatest player he has ever seen will through the balance of the team out of whack.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36893 on: December 11, 2019, 03:51:19 pm »

;)

It's mental though.

https://twitter.com/DonJhutti/status/1203402926909198336

Shows further how much of a twat he is. Standing there allowing Fred to be abused and hit with objects. Then the decent human beings, Mahrez and Silva. come over to ask the fans to calm down.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36894 on: December 11, 2019, 04:11:42 pm »
And some people wonder why others think Sterling is an absolute twat.

And he was doing that in front of his girlfriend. He is a twat indeed.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #36895 on: December 11, 2019, 04:20:15 pm »
looked like in one clip she was about to burst your one
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36896 on: December 11, 2019, 04:22:42 pm »
;)

It's mental though.

Shows further how much of a twat he is. Standing there allowing Fred to be abused and hit with objects. Then the decent human beings, Mahrez and Silva. come over to ask the fans to calm down.
Hey, come on. He may have been a few feet away from Fred and looking straight at the situation but that doesn't mean he saw anything. And being the most prominent English player in the team and one of its figureheads doesn't mean it's his job to ask his own fans to stop pelting the opposition with lighters.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36897 on: December 11, 2019, 04:25:28 pm »

so did yours!  ;D ;D

Though he does like to tumble when he dives.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36898 on: December 11, 2019, 04:25:42 pm »
List of Manchester City's potential opponents in the CL last 16:

Real Madrid
Harchester United
Melchester Rovers
Rochdale
Accrington Stanley

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36899 on: December 11, 2019, 04:28:43 pm »
so did yours!  ;D ;D

Though he does like to tumble when he dives.

;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36900 on: December 11, 2019, 04:29:38 pm »

I take it that she was the one who came flying in at the end.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36901 on: December 11, 2019, 04:44:04 pm »
I take it that she was the one who came flying in at the end.

Yep, she wasn't very happy about it.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36902 on: December 11, 2019, 05:52:57 pm »
;)

It's mental though.

Maybe this is just me, and others would react differently. But if I'm an Abu Dhabi player there by that incident (any player, not just RS) I'd be right over to that corner asking those morons what the fuck they think they are doing. I'd definitely be looking to show disapproval towards them. By doing so, the decent fans around the morons would side with the player and help bring the brainless into line. As a player, I'd be absolutely livid with any 'fan' who is bringing my club into disrepute like that.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #36903 on: December 11, 2019, 06:00:10 pm »
Maybe this is just me, and others would react differently. But if I'm an Abu Dhabi player there by that incident (any player, not just RS) I'd be right over to that corner asking those morons what the fuck they think they are doing. I'd definitely be looking to show disapproval towards them. By doing so, the decent fans around the morons would side with the player and help bring the brainless into line. As a player, I'd be absolutely livid with any 'fan' who is bringing my club into disrepute like that.

In German football it's quite common for players to approach their own fans to tell them to either calm down, or to appease them if they are angry about results/peformances, or to stop whatever idiotic thing they are doing - like 2 weeks ago Frankfurt players went to their away fans a Mainz to ask them to stop throwing pyros. There was a game few weeks ago (Berlin derby), and some dickhead ultras in masks stormed the pitch, and Union's goalie was right in their faces confronting them, the big lunatic  ;D He took none of their nonsense.

I don't expect all players to generally do this and a lot is just instinct of course, but it is quite a frequent occurance that it happens.  So good on Mahrez and Silva for doing so (can't see the above clip cos it's blocked, just going on Samio's comment).

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36904 on: December 11, 2019, 06:25:38 pm »
In German football it's quite common for players to approach their own fans to tell them to either calm down, or to appease them if they are angry about results/peformances, or to stop whatever idiotic thing they are doing - like 2 weeks ago Frankfurt players went to their away fans a Mainz to ask them to stop throwing pyros. There was a game few weeks ago (Berlin derby), and some dickhead ultras in masks stormed the pitch, and Union's goalie was right in their faces confronting them, the big lunatic  ;D He took none of their nonsense.

I don't expect all players to generally do this and a lot is just instinct of course, but it is quite a frequent occurance that it happens.  So good on Mahrez and Silva for doing so (can't see the above clip cos it's blocked, just going on Samio's comment).

I think it would definitely be instinctive for me. Standing there like a lemon just wouldn't feel like an option to me in that situation.

This is similar to the clip in the video, although the other players are yet to come in to console the player. You just see Sterling standing there doing nothing though.

Mahrez, Silva and Easter Island head come in to assist, but Sterling still just stands there on Samio's video.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iQUdrJuaHwo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iQUdrJuaHwo</a>
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 06:28:11 pm by Spion Night, Holy Night »

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #36905 on: December 11, 2019, 06:29:27 pm »
List of Manchester City's potential opponents in the CL last 16:

Real Madrid
Harchester United
Melchester Rovers
Rochdale
Accrington Stanley

Pretty apt that 2 of those are made up clubs, just like this lot ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36906 on: December 11, 2019, 06:33:35 pm »
Pretty apt that 2 of those are made up clubs, just like this lot ;D
Despite that, they still have more credibility than Abu Dhabi FC.  :wave

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #36907 on: December 11, 2019, 08:59:25 pm »
[NSFW]
https://mobile.twitter.com/ManUdarg/status/1204173404045291521

If i was his baby mother there i would have my nailfile in his eye and her eye and the other her eye and he would never see me and my baby again.

Single guy doing that, fun and laughs no harm no foul.

Married guy doing that in front of his wife

Literally sickening
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36908 on: December 12, 2019, 01:30:59 am »
All the Sterling-bashing on here with regard to the weekend’s racism is pretty small time and embarrassing, to be honest.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36909 on: December 12, 2019, 02:26:10 am »
All the Sterling-bashing on here with regard to the weekend’s racism is pretty small time and embarrassing, to be honest.

In your opinion.

In others,him standing there and doing nothing apart from looking away when Fred walked towards him was far more embarrassing.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36910 on: December 12, 2019, 02:35:36 am »
It's not really surprising though, is it?

He has set himself up as some kind of spokesman on the subject when it comes his way, but he goes missing when it comes from his own camp.

You can't really set yourself up as a moral guardian then turn a blind eye when the problem is so close to home. It just makes you look like a hypocrite.

It's actually Sterling that has been the embarrassment recently. His PR machine paints him in one light, but his actions in quite another. People are always going to point this out.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #36911 on: December 12, 2019, 02:51:13 am »
Stirling is obviously a piece of shit, and even if he has had his PR firm set him up as some guiding light on racism in football, it’s not up to him to stop that shit. It’s up to the bloke standing next to that bloke doing ape gestures, and up to the people sat behind him and the people sat behind them.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36912 on: December 12, 2019, 02:52:54 am »
Stirling is obviously a piece of shit, and even if he has had his PR firm set him up as some guiding light on racism in football, it’s not up to him to stop that shit. It’s up to the bloke standing next to that bloke doing ape gestures, and up to the people sat behind him and the people sat behind them.

Nobody is saying that he saw that racist prick.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #36913 on: December 12, 2019, 04:00:49 am »
If i was his baby mother there i would have my nailfile in his eye and her eye and the other her eye and he would never see me and my baby again.

Literally sickening

It's disgusting. I loathe any woman who does this shit in public, but when Black girls behave like this it really gets under my skin. And I hate it even more when Black men endorse, encourage and participate in it because  it fuels those double standards in society that people of colour face on a daily basis... When White girls like  Alex Morgan "twerk" it`s considered cute, cool and edgy. Black girls on the other hand are immediately typecast  as uncouth, "hoes", etc. etc. And I'm sure Raheem`s Man City teammates and their partners were looking on, aghast too.

This is one of many reasons why I can't take him seriously when he gets on his little soap box about racism. He's far too ignorant and self-absorbed to appreciate the full scale of the problem and how it affects people other than himself, especially Black women.

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #36914 on: December 12, 2019, 06:53:38 am »
He sounds like one of the callers that used to ring in on the fake competitions on the Mark & Lard show back in the Radio 1 days.

YES!!! I've been racking my brain trying to think where I'd heard that voice before...
'Nuff said...

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #36915 on: December 12, 2019, 07:11:56 am »

Literally sickening

I thought his fiancee did step in and dance with him afterwards.

In all honesty though who cares what "Raz" gets up to?

Top of the pops, into the last 16 of the Champions League and 8 points clear. World Club Cup semi final and a kangaroo cup quarter final.

Up the reds

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36916 on: December 12, 2019, 07:15:49 am »
YES!!! I've been racking my brain trying to think where I'd heard that voice before...

It was Madonna

Whooooooo
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
'Nuff said...

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36918 on: December 12, 2019, 07:31:45 am »
[NSFW]
https://mobile.twitter.com/ManUdarg/status/1204173404045291521
Wait! What? I have so many questions - where is this? Like what kind of party? What is the occasion? Is his spouse present there? Is his spouse ok with this? Why is he ok being filmed doing this (he can clearly see the scores of mobile cameras)? I feel like I am missing some crucial context here to make sense of this

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #36919 on: December 12, 2019, 07:41:56 am »
Wait! What? I have so many questions - where is this? Like what kind of party? What is the occasion? Is his spouse present there? Is his spouse ok with this? Why is he ok being filmed doing this (he can clearly see the scores of mobile cameras)? I feel like I am missing some crucial context here to make sense of this

It's his birthday party. It was at the Hilton, his finacee literally pushes the girl out of the way and proceeds to dance with him.

It's also nothing to do with us. I'm no "Raz" fan, but it's a non event.

Not something I would do. Then again I'd not punch a DJ for not putting Phil Collins on or bite an opponent on three different occasions.