Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3433974 times)

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #36800 on: December 9, 2019, 08:43:19 am »
A Liverpool fan lost an eye after being hit by a coin thrown by an Abu Dhabi 'fan' at the Emptyhad a few seasons ago. Throwing things were all City were good at before Abu Dhabi bought their name. Anyone who ever stood on the away side of the Kippax fence will testify to that.

At least you felt well protected by the netting that they had fitted between the opposing fans, it was virtually bullet proof! What exciting times they were!
 :-X
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36801 on: December 9, 2019, 08:47:38 am »
Mate of mine got hit by a golf ball there, got hit by a meat pie once as well, the pie was rock hard and did more damage than the golf ball, come to think of it the pie incident may have been on the kop, things are a bit hazy but the golf ball deffo happened at maine road ;D

Umm, are you sure that wasn't at Wigan Athletic? :o

On that subject I once heard a story about an aerobics class being held in Wigan. The instructor told the class to put their 'hands on thighs' and the entire class responded by covering their eyes with their hands.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #36802 on: December 9, 2019, 08:49:21 am »
What does any of that even mean? If I'm understanding it right, its saying they were looking to hire a manager before Pep leaves who would stay in the background and basically hang around the club learning the ropes so they can have a smooth transition?

As an aside, all clubs go through transitions and rebuilds. It bugs me no end that City  - from Pep down to their fans - think they're entitled to just spend shedloads of cash to perpetually cling to top spot.

As a fan I'd find that do dull. Eventually teams figure you out and develop tactics to counter you; your players age and need replacing. And yes, you can do a Fergie if you're canny with transfers and know how to bring the youth on, so you can minimize the disruption. City just don't want to face any of those challenges.

They don't just want success  - they want easy success. Maybe its because of a lifetime in the wilderness, but they just don't want to fight for it.

The irony is they're kicking off because they're failing to reach the bar THEY set.

Think they basically want to hire a manager a year early, and spend that year learning everything from the great and powerful Pep before leaving
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36803 on: December 9, 2019, 08:51:26 am »
Think they basically want to hire a manager a year early, and spend that year learning everything from the great and powerful Pep before leaving

Great. He'll learn all the shortcomings too.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36804 on: December 9, 2019, 09:09:12 am »
Up against £8m for ours who are essential undroppable components of our team.

Be fair that £210m includes the ones that would also be the backups so you have to include the cost of our backups too.

Since they are Milner and Gomez, that'd take the total up to a massive £10.25m. :lmao

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36805 on: December 9, 2019, 09:11:21 am »
He'll learn to count to two anyway.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #36806 on: December 9, 2019, 09:11:32 am »
Funny how quiet the Liverpool thread is over on Blue-moon

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #36807 on: December 9, 2019, 09:14:58 am »
He's a brilliant manager Pep is.
The city side he inherited was brilliant but also the players he has signed have been brilliant too.

They let Kompany go leaving Laporte, Ottamendi and Stones. Even if Kompany was a bench player for them last season, not replacing him was stupid. An injury was bound to happen to Fernandinho or one of the CBs leaving the defensive set up looking fragile.

Aguero and Sane, as brilliant as they are, are replaceable due to the sheer amount of world class technical attacking players they have accrued over the years.

Putting Fernandinho into defence rather than letting him being his snidey self in the centre of the park isn't the greatest move. Rodri looks good but he isn't Fernandinho and playing two 10s either side of him doesn't help the fragility they have behind the midfield.

They've lost that killer instinct that made teams concede the game before the game had even kicked off.

Lovely.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36808 on: December 9, 2019, 09:42:40 am »
I honestly don't get why they don't just swap Rodri and Fernandinho around. Fernandinho is obviously a better midfielder, and Rodri is built like a centre back and knows how to play there.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #36809 on: December 9, 2019, 09:44:02 am »
Umm, are you sure that wasn't at Wigan Athletic? :o

On that subject I once heard a story about an aerobics class being held in Wigan. The instructor told the class to put their 'hands on thighs' and the entire class responded by covering their eyes with their hands.

:lmao

I am going to steal that!

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36810 on: December 9, 2019, 09:45:37 am »
I honestly don't get why they don't just swap Rodri and Fernandinho around. Fernandinho is obviously a better midfielder, and Rodri is built like a centre back and knows how to play there.
I think it's because Stones and Ottamendi are jokes defensively too, so Fernandinho is quite senior at the back.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36811 on: December 9, 2019, 09:48:11 am »
Their ability to stop the counter-attacks this season has almost completely evaporated.

Wonder if Klopp's mind games regarding tactical fouls played a part in it. I reckon they did.

Since they moved Fernandinho their ability to tactically foul themselves out of trouble has greatly diminished.  Saw a suggestion online the other day that they plan to keep him at CB as he's likely to be off in the summer, so they'd rather bloody someone else in DM as a replacement.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #36812 on: December 9, 2019, 09:52:35 am »
A Liverpool fan lost an eye after being hit by a coin thrown by an Abu Dhabi 'fan' at the Emptyhad a few seasons ago. Throwing things were all City were good at before Abu Dhabi bought their name. Anyone who ever stood on the away side of the Kippax fence will testify to that.

Yep & not just a City thing back when they were at Maine rd..Utd fans done exactly the same during the FA cup replay there, everything got hurled at us that night including a huge lump of coal..yeah coal of all things for fucks sake.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36813 on: December 9, 2019, 09:57:40 am »
Heads have completely gone, it's only December.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11882040/pep-guardiola-says-manchester-city-struggling-to-match-elite-clubs-at-current-time

"That is the level we face against Liverpool, United, Barcelona, Madrid, Juventus - they are the teams we have to face and the reality is maybe we are not able now to compete with them"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36814 on: December 9, 2019, 10:00:04 am »
They are done this season.

They wont be winning the CL either. Their only trophies could be in the domestic cups.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #36815 on: December 9, 2019, 10:00:14 am »
The city side he inherited was brilliant but also the players he has signed have been brilliant too.

They let Kompany go leaving Laporte, Ottamendi and Stones. Even if Kompany was a bench player for them last season, not replacing him was stupid. An injury was bound to happen to Fernandinho or one of the CBs leaving the defensive set up looking fragile.

Aguero and Sane, as brilliant as they are, are replaceable due to the sheer amount of world class technical attacking players they have accrued over the years.

Putting Fernandinho into defence rather than letting him being his snidey self in the centre of the park isn't the greatest move. Rodri looks good but he isn't Fernandinho and playing two 10s either side of him doesn't help the fragility they have behind the midfield.

They've lost that killer instinct that made teams concede the game before the game had even kicked off.

Lovely.

Not sure they are really. Bringing on Sane against tired legs is a massive thing they’ve missed, or him starting and bringing on someone else after he’s ran them ragged. Aguero too is a flat track bully that Jesus isn’t. Sanes been a huge loss for them.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36816 on: December 9, 2019, 10:05:35 am »

Lovely.

Kompany wasnt a bench player. He was a key player that they wheeled out for every big game. If anything they did all they could to protect him.

Aguero and Sane are two of their best 3 out and out attackers, alongside Sterling. Silva is an all rounder but neither Jesus or Mahrez are in the class of Aguero or Sane.

The good thing for us long term is that Aguero doesnt have much left in the tank and Sane may well go and even if he doesnt he may have been curtailed long term due to suffering an ACL.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #36817 on: December 9, 2019, 10:13:36 am »
Sane may well go and even if he doesnt he may have been curtailed long term due to suffering an ACL.
Plus for some reason Pep was losing his trust in him anyway, was benching him a lot last season with Bernardo practically taking over his spot as wide-forward.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36818 on: December 9, 2019, 10:15:07 am »
Any bets on City breaking the January window spending record....on their own?

Johnny Evans for £300m?  It seems to be Pep's one trick....spend, spend and then spend some more.

Where are all the kids their gabillion pound FFP dodging infrastructure has delivered?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #36819 on: December 9, 2019, 10:15:08 am »
What does any of that even mean? If I'm understanding it right, its saying they were looking to hire a manager before Pep leaves who would stay in the background and basically hang around the club learning the ropes so they can have a smooth transition?

As an aside, all clubs go through transitions and rebuilds. It bugs me no end that City  - from Pep down to their fans - think they're entitled to just spend shedloads of cash to perpetually cling to top spot.

As a fan I'd find that do dull. Eventually teams figure you out and develop tactics to counter you; your players age and need replacing. And yes, you can do a Fergie if you're canny with transfers and know how to bring the youth on, so you can minimize the disruption. City just don't want to face any of those challenges.

They don't just want success  - they want easy success. Maybe its because of a lifetime in the wilderness, but they just don't want to fight for it.

The irony is they're kicking off because they're failing to reach the bar THEY set.

From this bit - "An exact title was not specified but it was essentially described as a job to audit and oversee the first-team medical and fitness departments on behalf of the club, rather than Guardiola." - I took it to mean that ADPRFC want to bring in someone to oversee certain aspects of playing squad side of things, who reports to - and whose loyalty is to - the club, rather than the manager. They're using the anticipated departure of Pippy as an opportunity to bring in this change, with the next manager having to work within this set-up.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #36820 on: December 9, 2019, 10:22:49 am »
Those quotes from Guardiola are so devoid of self awareness of who he is and the team he is managing and their spending power (which they have used frequently)

He can get to fuck, bald c*nt. I have never liked him, reminds me AJ, the fake humbleness bollocks but inside you know they are fucking dickheads.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36821 on: December 9, 2019, 10:35:21 am »

Lovely.

Aguero isn't really replaceable. I can't remember him having a bad season (whem fit) in his career since Atletico. He's probably the most consistent striker in the league since 2011.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #36822 on: December 9, 2019, 10:36:39 am »
He's basically saying "We're done here lads. We've got no chance now they won't let us spend stupid amounts. I can't coach Aldi level players into superstars. Who do you think I am,fucking Klopp?"

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36823 on: December 9, 2019, 10:42:15 am »
Kompany wasnt a bench player. He was a key player that they wheeled out for every big game. If anything they did all they could to protect him.

Aguero and Sane are two of their best 3 out and out attackers, alongside Sterling. Silva is an all rounder but neither Jesus or Mahrez are in the class of Aguero or Sane.

The good thing for us long term is that Aguero doesnt have much left in the tank and Sane may well go and even if he doesnt he may have been curtailed long term due to suffering an ACL.
Big games wise he only started against us and Man Utd in the prem. Rest were on the bench or injured. He still played in 15 other games in the prem.

Sane and Aguero are world class but i'd say the drop in quality to Jesus and Mahrez is much closer than if we had to go from Mane and Salah to Origi and Shaqiri.

Even without Aguero and Sane, they still have KdB, D Silva, B Silva, Sterling, Mahrez, Gundogan and Rodri to fill the 6 places infront of the defence.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36824 on: December 9, 2019, 10:51:23 am »
:lmao

I am going to steal that!

So two Wiganers are talking away during their lunch time whilst eating, one says to tother, 'I got engaged to my girlfriend last night and bought her a ring'. The tother one say's 'Eighteen Carat?'*. To which he replies 'No I'm chewing on me pie'.

*(Eating carrot?)

;D

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36825 on: December 9, 2019, 10:52:02 am »
Reacting to racism in Italy, and not saying a word about racism in your own ground where he saw the incident with his own eyes - that is hypocrisy. We Liverpool fans know that, it's nothing new for us, we're just making sure that everyone understands that too.

Are you kidding me?

Sterling is not some sort of arbiter of the morality of the game, nor is he duty bound to address every incident of racism which occurs.

There's no hypocrisy whatsoever there.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36826 on: December 9, 2019, 10:57:04 am »
Aguero isn't really replaceable. I can't remember him having a bad season (whem fit) in his career since Atletico. He's probably the most consistent striker in the league since 2011.
Why don't they have Sterling upfront where Aguero plays? He has scored 15 so far not even half way through this season whereas Aguero scored 32 in all comps last season.

Ok, Aguero is up there in the tier below Messi and Ronaldo, but I think in an attacking sense, Man City have way too much quality where they shouldn't be affected too much from losing him.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36827 on: December 9, 2019, 11:03:37 am »
Seems quite a few of them want to lose to Leicester  ;D how the mighty have fallen.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #36828 on: December 9, 2019, 11:04:17 am »
So two Wiganers are talking away during their lunch time whilst eating, one says to tother, 'I got engaged to my girlfriend last night and bought her a ring'. The tother one say's 'Eighteen Carat?'*. To which he replies 'No I'm chewing on me pie'.

*(Eating carrot?)

;D

We call Wigeners, goons [well it's more Wigan RL fans ;D]as well as pies, goons being they're thick as 2 short planks. ;D the pies is historical, the general strikes of the 20s, people from Wigan were first back to work, with replies they've gone back to eat humble pie. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #36829 on: December 9, 2019, 11:17:08 am »
Are you kidding me?

Sterling is not some sort of arbiter of the morality of the game, nor is he duty bound to address every incident of racism which occurs.

By keeping markedly silent about racism connected to his own club, isn't any future intervention by him on the topic of racism diluted, though?

At best he's laid himself open to accusations that he turns a blind eye to racism involving players/fans of the club paying his wages.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #36830 on: December 9, 2019, 11:22:49 am »
Their ability to stop the counter-attacks this season has almost completely evaporated.

Wonder if Klopp's mind games regarding tactical fouls played a part in it. I reckon they did.

I think 2 other managers called them out on the tactical fouls months before Klopp did: Pellegrini and someone else I cannot remember. Klopp would’ve never even mentioned it if Pep hadn’t been silly enough to go throwing rocks at Sadio.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36831 on: December 9, 2019, 11:27:26 am »
Are you kidding me?

You're right of course, but as some have said here, he's rightly weighed in on racism issues at other clubs, for England and in other countries but he's kept quiet now that it's happened at his club. I don't think it's hypocrisy, it's obviously playing it safe because it could potentially involve criticising his own fans / club / employers. I think it's likely that the City players will have been instructed to keep quiet on both the Mendy/Silva and this issue, which of course leaves him in a tough place.

I wouldn't criticise the lad and I think that what he did over the past year or so really shone a light on some problems, however I can understand why some might ask why he's quiet now after being so vocal previously.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #36832 on: December 9, 2019, 11:33:22 am »
Seems quite a few of them want to lose to Leicester  ;D how the mighty have fallen.
That literally sums up their fan-base, absolute self-entitled whoppers.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36833 on: December 9, 2019, 11:40:31 am »
If we go through in CL I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed we draw them in the knockout rounds.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36834 on: December 9, 2019, 11:40:38 am »
The only reason you'd think Sterling is out of order or a hypocrite for not calling out this case of racism among the others which he has is because of your own partisan views due to him being an opposition player.

If it was a Liverpool player, Brewster perhaps, who had called out racist behavior by other teams fans and players but who then didnt act or speak up when someone supporting Liverpool also acted in an incorrect way then very very few people on these boards would be calling him a hypocrite for it, if any.

Sterling doesn't need to comment on that idiot City fan at all, especially considering his club was very proactive in disavowing it on Saturday. What do you really expect or want the lad to do?

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #36835 on: December 9, 2019, 11:47:19 am »

*(Eating carrot?)

;D

I see they’ve opened up another new furniture store in Wigan
MFPie, and they have put it next to PIKEA. Rumours are that UCPie cinemas are going to open up as well.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #36836 on: December 9, 2019, 11:48:51 am »
Here's a thought, can we just carry on laughing at Guardiola's hilarious comments today rather than do this whole ridiculoius Sterling song and dance at every possible moment. It's just such bullshit.  Yes the guy is an absolute weapon as was proven yet again with the Gomez stuff, but the fact people dont' like his admittedly often shite public persona should be kept well away from all this racist discussion. He has fuck all to do with this.  It's Manchester City that should be the ones making statements (they have I presume), and sorting out their god awful fanbase (something they will struggle to do, I know), it really is that simple.

Online 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #36837 on: December 9, 2019, 11:49:11 am »
I think 2 other managers called them out on the tactical fouls months before Klopp did: Pellegrini and someone else I cannot remember. Klopp would’ve never even mentioned it if Pep hadn’t been silly enough to go throwing rocks at Sadio.

On the subject of diving.
Sterling’s dive, unreported as it was, reminded me of a toddler diving into a paddling pool.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #36838 on: December 9, 2019, 11:51:16 am »
Guardiola:

"That is the level we face against Liverpool, Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus. They are the teams we have to face and the reality is maybe we are not able now to compete with them.

"Maybe we need to live that as a club to improve, to accept the reality now and improve."

"But still we must battle for the final 8 points to secure our place in the league next season"*

*I may have added the last line
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #36839 on: December 9, 2019, 12:01:10 pm »
Bloody marvellous watching them crumble recently.
Am hoping there's more to come in the next few months

Now they can fade away, they are not our rivals at the moment 14 points behind....if not competing with us then ain't arsed about them or any of their players or fans to be honest

Lets hope we can keep it that way for a while now
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.