Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
The Boozer / Re: Struggling with depression
« Last post by Kenny's Jacket on Today at 12:22:49 pm »
Didn’t know where to post this but here seemed good, please advise if I need to move mods:

So today was a big day for me in terms of a long term battle with anxiety and occasional depression. After 12/13 years I posted to RAWK. I joined in 2011 full of piss and vinegar and the hope of being part of a community but my social anxiety quickly got the better of me. “What if I’m posting rubbish”, “what if I’m wrong”, “what if a poster I like takes issue with something I say”. I basically scared myself off and have lurked reading and enjoying for all these years. When I had my first severe depression bout one of my goals with my psychologist was to come back here and post again. In a way to put myself out there and take risks in a way I had previously avoided. Though in reality they aren’t really risks but rather irrational fears as (in my experience at least) anxiety and depression were based on. I’ve been ok a few years now and have the ability to mitigate and control my anxiety but I still avoided posting here. Not sure why. Today I did and though a small thing it feels like a load off. It wasn’t the most insightful or eloquent post but I made it and that felt great.

Now for the actual reason for this post: though none of you know me I have lurked on these boards for over a decade and feel like I know so many of you. The posts, the arguments, the jokes, the memes have all helped me immensely over the years to engage with Liverpool in a way that is difficult sometimes (I moved to Australia 15 years ago. I could name so many of you who have made subtle assistances in my mood, understanding of issue and events and mindfulness. Too many to thank individually so I will just say a large THANK YOU and hope you will forgive the impersonality of this.

Welcome aboard, are you in the Oil industry by any chance (Perth)?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara
« Last post by RainbowFlick on Today at 12:21:21 pm »
would love to know whether internally the club/thiago himself have considered pushing for coaching badges

i'm really hopeful that our journey with thiago hasn't ended, just with him in the dugout. despite the injuries he's a real winner, and the type of character you hold onto every word from.

would've loved for us to have tried a Mac-Thiago plus a 6. would've oozed sexy.
SATURDAY 11TH MAY

Fulham V Abu Dhabi 12:30 TNT SPORTS
AFC Bournemouth V Brentford 15:00
Everton V Sheffield United 15:00
Saudi Arabia V Brighton & Hove Albion 15:00
Tottenham Hotspur V Burnley 15:00
West Ham United V Luton Town 15:00
Wolverhampton Wanderers V Crystal Palace 15:00
Nottingham Forest V Chelsea 17:30 skysports

SUNDAY 12TH MAY

Manchester United V Arsenal kick off 16:30 skysports

MONDAY 13TH MAY

Aston Villa V Liverpool 20:00 skysports

TUESDAY 14TH MAY

Tottenham Hotspur V Abu Dhabi 20:00 skysports

WEDNESDAY 15TH MAY

Brighton & Hove Albion V Chelsea 19:45
Manchester United V Saudi Arabia 20:00 skysports
Playing a little bit of devil's advocate here ..

While it seems certain that the current Tory Party is just about the most shambolic in history, Labour in charge may actually do no better to improve anything. I base this on no fact at all other than the country is in such a sorry state it would take any reasonable and sane political party many years to correct the utter mess of an economy and social decline, certainly more than the 4 years they will be reasonably given before the sheeple give up and vote this shitshow back in.

Furthermore, Tory MPs defecting to Labour doesn't help Labour massively surely, will just end up being Tory Party part 2? Only reason to defect (but say you don't agree with their policy) is that they are almost certainly backing a losing pony by staying Tory.

Maybe this view is extremely simplistic.
I think your overlooking how we got in this mess in the first place, we had a incompetent right wing government who based all their decisions on what was best for them personally. what was best for their m8s who would look after them personally and what was best for the Tory party,
Of course it will take time for Labour to repair the damage this Tory government have done but it will happen, the reason it will happen is obvious, Labour understands why things went wrong, they understand what needs to be changed to repair the damage.
First of all they will need to bring in more revenue to improve lives, they have to bring back competency to decision making, decisions will be based on improving the service etc rather than Tory propaganda to bring division to win votes.
The Torys did this for years, from deliberately orchestrating industrial disputes hoping they could smear Labour for supporting the strikers, immigration, stop the boats. the Torys never supported leaving the EU but they were happy to rip the country apart over it if it won them votes. all this has cost the country £100s billions over the years, money lost through lost revenue and money thrown away that could have spent on services.
I think that's the difference, competent politicians who understand what went wrong basing their decisions on solving problems to make the country a better place in many ways.
I don't think you are playing devils advocate, you said your basing your decisions on nothing, I think your looking at it the wrong way that's all, you assume Labour will have failed if they can't make dramatic improvements inside 4 yrs.

Am afraid the public also have to take some reasonability for what's happened today, many of us said the country would be f... if the Torys are allowed in again yet in they come with a 80seat majority. if those people think they can blame Labour for not repairing the damage they helped create in just a few years then they have not learned a thing over the last 8yrs or so. about time people wised up.
Media and Arts / Re: Only connect...
« Last post by Kenny's Jacket on Today at 12:16:05 pm »
Connections
Puzzle #334
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦

Saturday 11th May

Fulham 0-3 Man City
Bournemouth  2-1 Brentford
Everton  2-0 Sheffield United
Newcastle  2-1 Brighton
Tottenham 2-0 Burnley
West Ham Utd 2-1 Luton
Wolves  1-1 Crystal Palace
Nottingham Forest  0-1 Chelsea

Sunday 12th May
Man Utd  0-2 Arsenal

Monday 13th May
Aston Villa 1-2  Liverpool

Tuesday 14th May
Tottenham  0-2 Man City

Wednesday 15th May
Brighton  1-2 Chelsea
Man Utd  1-2 Newcastle
News and Current Affairs / Re: It's a conspiraceh
« Last post by stoa on Today at 12:13:10 pm »
The crazy thing is that there were actual people out there who thought the Line would actually be a thing one day and that it made complete sense to do it.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c3g8ejvezv3o

Stuff like this is really poor, in my opinion. How can a panel be so split on so many incident, and how can we be in a situation where they can vote a decision as wrong but say it shouldn’t be overturned? Does any other sport have situations like this, where a decision is deemed too subjective to overturn?

I think as a sport we need to move towards more clearly defined rules that eliminate the subjectivity, or at least have a group of officials trained to overcome their natural perspective to ensure as a group they can officiate consistently. That is surely what their training should be about, and we shouldn’t have to rely on the whims of each referee to determine the rules.
The Boozer / Re: Struggling with depression
« Last post by Swift417 on Today at 12:10:45 pm »
Didn’t know where to post this but here seemed good, please advise if I need to move mods:

So today was a big day for me in terms of a long term battle with anxiety and occasional depression. After 12/13 years I posted to RAWK. I joined in 2011 full of piss and vinegar and the hope of being part of a community but my social anxiety quickly got the better of me. “What if I’m posting rubbish”, “what if I’m wrong”, “what if a poster I like takes issue with something I say”. I basically scared myself off and have lurked reading and enjoying for all these years. When I had my first severe depression bout one of my goals with my psychologist was to come back here and post again. In a way to put myself out there and take risks in a way I had previously avoided. Though in reality they aren’t really risks but rather irrational fears as (in my experience at least) anxiety and depression were based on. I’ve been ok a few years now and have the ability to mitigate and control my anxiety but I still avoided posting here. Not sure why. Today I did and though a small thing it feels like a load off. It wasn’t the most insightful or eloquent post but I made it and that felt great.

Now for the actual reason for this post: though none of you know me I have lurked on these boards for over a decade and feel like I know so many of you. The posts, the arguments, the jokes, the memes have all helped me immensely over the years to engage with Liverpool in a way that is difficult sometimes (I moved to Australia 15 years ago. I could name so many of you who have made subtle assistances in my mood, understanding of issue and events and mindfulness. Too many to thank individually so I will just say a large THANK YOU and hope you will forgive the impersonality of this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10