Author Topic: LC: Norwich 0 v 3 Liverpool 4’ 79’ Minamino 50’ Origi  (Read 34858 times)

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Norwich vs Liverpool, Tuesday September 21st, 7.45pm
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2021, 09:00:41 pm »
                 Kelleher,
Joe G   Philips    Konaté     Kostas
Curtis  Milner Oxlade
Taki   Divock     Mateusz-musialowski (Then Ox moves forward and MM moves into midfield)  or kaide Gordon   - or do we see a Salah or Mane play?

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2021, 09:25:47 pm »
Bradley at RB for me.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2021, 09:52:33 pm »
I'd be for playing a "full rotation" but I suspect klopp will name a few of our stronger players in. I'd be surprised if one of Mane / Salah / Jota didn't start. Midfield we've got the depth to start Ox, Jones and Keita/Milner - with Thiago injured I doubt we'd risk Hendo or Fab. Defence wise, who knows. If TAA is unlikely to be fit for the weekend we shouldn't risk whoever will be starting there. Kostas at LB with Robbo back for Brentford. Phillips in the middle with Gomez or Konate.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2021, 12:06:27 am »
Just win.

Not arsed who starts.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2021, 12:09:01 am »
Is this live on the telly?

Sky must be be expecting Liverpool to be present

Surprised Molby is not in the squad
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2021, 01:47:22 am »
Take must starts.
Believer

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2021, 01:49:08 am »
Just spread a rumor that Suarez is back and starting. Norwich will forfeit.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2021, 02:38:47 am »
Take must starts.

Leave must finishes...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2021, 07:44:39 am »
Just win the game and then for once give us a fuckin home drawer against lower league opposition. 

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2021, 07:51:28 am »
Love the league cup. Can watch Liverpool and not give a flying fuck about the result. Just pure enjoyment.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2021, 09:04:44 am »
Please, boss. Please...  8)

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2021, 09:20:15 am »
Would like to see Tsimikas and Minamino line up together on the left. Thought they formed an impressive pairing against Osasuna in pre-season. Their strengths complementing each other well.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2021, 09:43:23 am »
I'd be surprised if this wasn't the team

Kelleher

Bradley          Phillips          Gomez          Tsimikas

Milner
                     Ox                      Jones

Gordon                                    Minamino
                                  Origi

No idea how strong Norwich will go. Would be nice to get through so these lads have more games to show what they can do. But a PL side away is always going to be tricky.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline MoSzizlak

• Kopite
  • Yum Yum!
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2021, 09:47:34 am »
According to Wikipedia, it just seemed to be this cup alone, even the final back in the 1960's was over two legs. None of the larger clubs even bothered to enter.

Growing up always remember the league cup as you started round 1 or two over two legs, then the semi was over two legs.

Anfield, 2nd leg v QPR in '86, going for the treble and we score two own goals! I hated QPR for a while after that!  :no

Watching us win it year after year I never realised the "proper cup" was the three handled one, just assumed it had always been the Milk Cup.

fc

Missed a penalty in that game as well, also beat them 4-1 in the league the following Saturday.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2021, 09:55:38 am »

Kelleher

Bradley          Phillips          Gomez          Tsimikas

Milner

Origi

No idea how strong Norwich will go. Would be nice to get through so these lads have more games to show what they can do. But a PL side away is always going to be tricky.

I would expect for Norwich to go close to full strength. They desperately need a win for confidence sake more than anything and they know Liverpool could likely make 9 or 10 changes.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2021, 09:56:33 am »
I dont think Milner will play so soon again.
He has been picking injuries last few seasons. I would play Keita instead.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2021, 09:57:04 am »
anyone think we may try a back 3 to give phillips, gomez, and konate all game time?

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2021, 10:01:52 am »
Kavah, King Kenny 7, Duvva, Drirfan, Ghost town. 
Thanks for the shout out,   :)

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2021, 10:02:18 am »
Looking forward to tonight, i’d imagine most people around my age think fondly of the league cup as it’s the first trophy I saw us win in 1995, and then again in 2001 before we won anything else.

That said, I do always look forward to these games as a rare reprieve from the incessant tension which accompanies our games domestically, and given our CL group, in Europe as well this season. It’s quite liberating to be able to chill out with a few beers and watch the reds knowing that a defeat is far from the end of the world (although I’d imagine we’ll probably still win anyway.)

I’d expect to see Konate, Tsmikas, Gomez, Minamino and Milner get game time, possibly Keita/Ox although that depends on their fitness and we of course know that Kelleher and Jones will play. Beyond that you’d expect to see a few of the young lads get a game to fill in the remaining gaps.

Should be a decent night anyway, you never know, if we get through we might finally get a shit team at home.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2021, 10:09:13 am »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2021, 10:18:22 am »

Kelleher

Bradley          Phillips          Gomez/Konata          Tsimikas

Milner Keita

Origi

Change Milner for Keita and I'm in for this. And maybe Konate instead of Gomez. Give some fringe and younger players the chance and save what we can. Might get tricky but for the best long term.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2021, 10:24:16 am »
Just win.

Not arsed who starts.

Pretty much my thinking too.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2021, 10:24:19 am »
I can see Gordon starting after Pep Lijnders talking him up to the press this week - really excited to see what he can do. Maybe a front three with Div and Taki.

Ultimately, I know Jurgen couldn't give a toss about this competition, but I'd imagine Farke won't be that fussed either, given Norwich's terrible start to the season. 2-0 win for the Reds I'm saying.

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2021, 10:32:36 am »
Kelleher

Bradley
Gomez
Konate
Tsimikas

Jones
Milner
Ox

Minamino
Origi
Gordon

I'd pair Konate with Gomez. VVD and Matip saved for Brentford. Need to get these 4 top CBs used to playing in different combinations.

With all due respect to Phillips he is there to cover injuries. Have a feeling they won't want to start Gordon without one of Mane/Salah to assist though
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 10:34:58 am by Jayo10 »

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2021, 10:52:47 am »
Why on earth would anyone start Nat Phillips when we've got Gomez and Konate to play there? Unless we're playing Gomez at right back to shoehorn him into the side I'm expecting him to watch the full 90 from the bench. No one wants Gomez at right back so hopefully Bradley starts.

Pretty much the team I'm expecting.

Because he's a senior player who just signed a new long-term contract, and he hasn't featured yet this season. And unlike Gomez/Konate, he's almost certainly not getting minutes in the PL or CL, so this is the only option really.

I think Gomez and Konate would be everyone's preferred pairing tonight, but I do think Klopp will start Nat - although could easily be wrong. On the other hand, I reckon Gomez and Konate are starting together at Porto (to give Matip and Virgil a rest ahead of City) so he may want them to get time on the pitch together to build a partnership.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2021, 10:57:44 am »
Maybe use Nat as a DM, he's definitely got the passing range and mobility for it
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2021, 11:02:35 am »
Because he's a senior player who just signed a new long-term contract, and he hasn't featured yet this season. And unlike Gomez/Konate, he's almost certainly not getting minutes in the PL or CL, so this is the only option really.

I think Gomez and Konate would be everyone's preferred pairing tonight, but I do think Klopp will start Nat - although could easily be wrong. On the other hand, I reckon Gomez and Konate are starting together at Porto (to give Matip and Virgil a rest ahead of City) so he may want them to get time on the pitch together to build a partnership.

So instead of giving game time to one player coming back from injury and another who has only just signed for the club and needs time to get used to how we play you'd rather we played a far, far inferior player who we tried to sell all summer? Makes zero sense at all. Gomez/Konate should be playing in central defence as their need for game time far outweighs Phillips's need considering they'll be the players rotating into the side in the event of an injury to Matip and Virgil.

Maybe use Nat as a DM, he's definitely got the passing range and mobility for it

:lmao good one

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2021, 11:09:36 am »

Surely it's more valuable to give the minutes to Gomez and Konate. They are both players we intend to rely on in the coming months and both would benefit from playing. Leaving one of them on the bench and selecting Nat would just be a sentimental call.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2021, 11:13:25 am »
Gomez and Konate will play. The only question is whether Gomez is at fullback or Connor Bradley.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2021, 11:39:48 am »
I can see Gordon starting after Pep Lijnders talking him up to the press this week - really excited to see what he can do. Maybe a front three with Div and Taki.

Ultimately, I know Jurgen couldn't give a toss about this competition, but I'd imagine Farke won't be that fussed either, given Norwich's terrible start to the season. 2-0 win for the Reds I'm saying.
Or Farke uses it to fine tune his team and look for a confidence boost?

"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2021, 11:43:04 am »
So instead of giving game time to one player coming back from injury and another who has only just signed for the club and needs time to get used to how we play you'd rather we played a far, far inferior player who we tried to sell all summer? Makes zero sense at all. Gomez/Konate should be playing in central defence as their need for game time far outweighs Phillips's need considering they'll be the players rotating into the side in the event of an injury to Matip and Virgil.

I've no particular interest in Phillips getting minutes, and think Gomez and Konate should both start. But I'm trying to guess what Klopp will do, and I reckon he'll want to give Phillips some time on the pitch, in part for his role last season and in part because of the new deal.

And I think that with Matip and Van Dijk both being managed, there's going to be loads of opportunities for Gomez and Konate in the PL and CL, as we've seen in the last week when both started in massive games for us. So it wouldn't entirely surprise me if it was one of them on the bench tonight, with one of them partnering Phillips. Or we just play all three of them, with Gomez at RB or maybe even three at the back (unlikely, but it's only the League Cup...)

Or he just benches Phillips, who knows  ;D

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2021, 11:58:55 am »
No reason trying to shoehorn Phillips in when Gomez and Konate need the minutes.

Would like to see Gordon, Minamino and Origi up top, but Jurgen usually starts one of the front 3 in these doesn't he? Ox, Curtis and Keita in midfield. Preferably no other first teamers.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2021, 12:13:30 pm »
Wouldn’t be totally surprised to see Phillips play the 90 and Gomez/Konate get 45 each. Both had busy games last week, gets minutes into them and leaves them both fresh in the event they’re needed at the weekend.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2021, 12:16:58 pm »
Wouldn’t be totally surprised to see Phillips play the 90 and Gomez/Konate get 45 each. Both had busy games last week, gets minutes into them and leaves them both fresh in the event they’re needed at the weekend.

I think Arsenal in the cup last year he played Virgil and then Joe(l) for 45 mins each didn’t he?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2021, 12:21:37 pm »
I think Arsenal in the cup last year he played Virgil and then Joe(l) for 45 mins each didn’t he?

Not quite - Gomez replaced Virgil for the last 30 mins in that one.

Might be thinking of the Lincoln game in the previous round, where we fielded a proper League Cup side with the exception of Virgil, who then came off for Fabinho in a pre-planned change.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2021, 12:25:07 pm »
The context is that we have Brentford, who are flying high, Porto at the Dragao which will be very very tough and then the blockbuster Man City at home. Add Norwich and that's 4 games in 12 days, of which the last 2 are very tough games that we will need our best selves to win. After that, there's a little bit of a pause before another busy period. I think many of the fringe players will feature. Expect Millie, Kostas, Ibou, Gomez, Nat, Curtis, Taki, Ox and Origi to all feature at some point. As others have pointed out, we could see some of our key players just get 45 minutes e.g. Ibou/Gomez or Hendo/Fab, Naby/Millie, Mane/Jota etc.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 12:29:12 pm by mrantarctica »

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2021, 12:42:25 pm »
Don’t really care who plays. I mainly just want to see Kaide get some minutes.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2021, 01:38:03 pm »
I think Klopp will want to find out how the partnerships work now when he can, and still give some game time to all four. Though he probably has set the partnerships already and do Matip and Gomez together again. Will be interesting to see for sure. All four of them look interchangeable, which will be such an asset going forward for us.
no chance Virgil starts in my opinion
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2021, 01:43:40 pm »
I do love the domestic cups

I know they are never the priority but always good to win silverware. And actually like that we get to see the players on the fringe of the squad

I expect changes here again and hopefully an exciting game
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2021, 01:45:40 pm »

We picked a reasonably strong team for Arsenal last year, but it was before the CL started and the international break (it was the game before the Villa thrashing).

Having already picked up injuries (Thiago/Elliot) it's not worth risking players for the LC with City coming up and an away CL game.

Given the AFCON in January, and another international break, we could do without facing City or someone twice in a semi final that month anyway, so if we go out in the LC it's not a big deal. We'd have made more signings to cover if we were that bothered about the cups.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season