Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2116422 times)

Offline Annie Road 64

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #38720 on: April 3, 2024, 06:25:29 pm »
Anyone else having problems getting tickets using Firefox ?

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38721 on: April 3, 2024, 06:37:40 pm »
anyone recently signed up to a membership and fancy sharing me their MyLFC code?  ;D

my renewal code never worked and nobody at the TO seems to know what to do when i've asked annoyingly

Memberships up for renewal? shit not seen anything yet in my inbox.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38722 on: April 3, 2024, 07:13:28 pm »
Memberships up for renewal? shit not seen anything yet in my inbox.

sorry this was for the 23/24 renewal, should’ve probably made that clearer before i caused a meltdown lol
YNWA.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38723 on: April 3, 2024, 07:14:28 pm »

Yeah ever since the update.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #38724 on: April 3, 2024, 07:17:41 pm »

Safari for me. No luck since the site update.

Very few returns though. I’m assuming people who’d usually just return them are going right now with us pushing for the title and klopps last season.

Honestly, the waiting list sales will have 2,000+ next season rather than 1,000+

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38725 on: April 3, 2024, 07:24:12 pm »
sorry this was for the 23/24 renewal, should’ve probably made that clearer before i caused a meltdown lol

phew just been so busy of late and nothing to worry about ticket wise only been half paying attention haha
« Last Edit: April 3, 2024, 07:31:57 pm by ChrisLFCKOP »

Offline gramck24

• Tryathlete
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38726 on: April 4, 2024, 07:58:58 am »
Reckon there is no chance of grabbing a couple of spares today given the the website keeps thinking I'm a robot.  :butt

Offline Ab125

• Main Stander
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #38727 on: April 4, 2024, 08:21:02 am »
Reckon there is no chance of grabbing a couple of spares today given the the website keeps thinking I'm a robot.  :butt

Clear your browsing cookies and try again.

Offline gramck24

• Tryathlete
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38728 on: April 4, 2024, 08:23:50 am »
Clear your browsing cookies and try again.

Already done, think it's recorded IP address?

Offline Ab125

• Main Stander
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #38729 on: April 4, 2024, 10:39:15 am »
Already done, think it's recorded IP address?

VPN it

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38730 on: April 4, 2024, 10:56:38 am »
VPN it

Does VPN solve the problem of the soft block where you get “unknown error’ when hitting Choose my Seats?  This is making it impossible for me to basket as it kicks in after less than 30 secs of pressing it.

I don’t have the “we think you’re a robot” problem.

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #38731 on: April 4, 2024, 12:20:42 pm »
Amount of people scammed or let down for Brighton was fucking rediculous

Literally hundreds from 2 sources alone

Pictures of the queues outside the ticket office 5 mins after kick off looked bad

It's hit the fan this morning. He's put in the WhatsApp group , no tickets tonight and his supplier has vanished. Talking in the hundreds of thousands in cash gone.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2024, 12:33:37 pm by 77kop05 »

Offline upthereds1993

• Anny Roader
« Reply #38732 on: April 4, 2024, 12:52:20 pm »
It's hit the fan this morning. He's put in the WhatsApp group , no tickets tonight and his supplier has vanished. Talking in the hundreds of thousands in cash gone.

Jesus Christ. What's the backstory here? How many people was he touting to?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38733 on: April 4, 2024, 01:06:13 pm »
If you get the ‘unknown error’ message on the site, does that mean you have been soft blocked from too much refreshing?

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #38734 on: April 4, 2024, 01:24:26 pm »
Random Q - but someone might know…

My mum bought me a spa day @ the titanic. And she picked this morning.. and I realised when I arrived to loads of Liverpool fans. The coach comes here…

I’ve managed to stall her and treat her for lunch… what time do you reckon they will appear.

This is coincidental and trying to time it perfectly 😂

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #38735 on: April 4, 2024, 01:32:28 pm »
If you get the ‘unknown error’ message on the site, does that mean you have been soft blocked from too much refreshing?

Ya, too much clicking 'choose seats' I believe.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38736 on: April 4, 2024, 01:34:25 pm »

Is this that Lev and Lads FB group as something very similar happened to them the other day.

They reported it to the police, presumably complaining about someone doing a runner with the money without supplying the tickets that they were illegally trying to tout.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38737 on: April 4, 2024, 01:39:19 pm »
Ya, too much clicking 'choose seats' I believe.

Literally the only way to pick up a ticket

Assuming this will go back to normal eventually

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #38738 on: April 4, 2024, 01:48:38 pm »
Is this that Lev and Lads FB group as something very similar happened to them the other day.

They reported it to the police, presumably complaining about someone doing a runner with the money without supplying the tickets that they were illegally trying to tout.
Nope, different group again.

Offline RedJosh90

• Boys Pen
« Reply #38739 on: April 4, 2024, 01:53:22 pm »
Literally the only way to pick up a ticket

Assuming this will go back to normal eventually

Used to take about an hour on the old page, not had it myself since it’s been updated.

Offline walterwhite

• Kopite
« Reply #38740 on: April 4, 2024, 01:55:38 pm »

Think its Dublin gas and plumbing again that was posted just before Brighton too, have had 3 dads let down ring me this morning, got lucky and managed to sort a pair for 1 but the rest have no hope.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2024, 02:15:12 pm by walterwhite »

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38741 on: April 4, 2024, 02:11:42 pm »
Used to take about an hour on the old page, not had it myself since it’s been updated.

Yeah thanks. Back to the normal message. Probably about an hour for me then too

I saw so many blocks go yellow for about an hour but couldn’t get one. Must be too slow
« Last Edit: April 4, 2024, 02:13:16 pm by ScubaSteve »

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #38742 on: April 4, 2024, 11:43:11 pm »
Interesting today as sat in my seat and a guy comes up and shows me his seat details which match mine. Bought mine in the 13+ sale back in December. Asked him when he got the ticket and he mumbled off a friend so I said go and see a steward as you have a fake. 5 mins later a steward trots up and asks for my name and happy to oblige. 10 mins after KO same steward comes back and says everything is ok as it was my seat (which I knew) and the guy had been ejected and supposedly can never buy tickets again.

Got in with a fake barcode though and fake seat details.

Have a feeling this might get worse as the season ends.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2024, 11:48:41 pm by sheepfest »

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #38743 on: April 5, 2024, 05:41:43 am »
Interesting today as sat in my seat and a guy comes up and shows me his seat details which match mine. Bought mine in the 13+ sale back in December. Asked him when he got the ticket and he mumbled off a friend so I said go and see a steward as you have a fake. 5 mins later a steward trots up and asks for my name and happy to oblige. 10 mins after KO same steward comes back and says everything is ok as it was my seat (which I knew) and the guy had been ejected and supposedly can never buy tickets again.

Wow ! That's crazy if those are being produced and people can get in . You could have carnage if it goes widespread and hundreds are sold those dodgy one's.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #38744 on: April 5, 2024, 09:09:01 am »

The fact you can even get in with a fake barcode is staggering.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38745 on: April 5, 2024, 09:10:25 am »
The fact you can even get in with a fake barcode is staggering.

Yes, that bit is concerning. What barcode has been used to allow access here?!

Offline Bapsandwaps

• Main Stander
« Reply #38746 on: April 5, 2024, 09:32:24 am »
Similar for me. Got to my row and thought this looks full. My two were about 4 in so I went straight to steward. He removes two people. I sit down and they were not my numbers. It was the two to the right of me with people standing there. Before I could sort the steward comes back and asks me where my tickets are from so showed him my wallet pass. I said its them two there mate. He asks them and they are are showing him photographs of a members card, fucking bonkers. I'm not sure how it worked out but the four to my right had other seats but decided to sit in the four on my row, two of which were mine. Steward told them to move and I got in the seats. Steward was sound though. Those two other seats remained empty.  Would of told them to bail myself but had young daughter with me. They seen me getting to the seats as well and kept quiet despite knowing they were sitting in wrong seats.

What a fuckin mess

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #38747 on: April 5, 2024, 09:45:03 am »
Suuuuuurely people aren't getting in with 'fake' barcodes. They're just membership cards after all, so have to be verified on the turnstile side.

Either the touts are losing track of what barcodes are for what seat, or there's some misguided attempt to 'protect' the account that the barcode belongs to by not quite giving the correct seat details in-case someone gets caught/kicked out.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #38748 on: April 5, 2024, 09:53:27 am »
Suuuuuurely people aren't getting in with 'fake' barcodes. They're just membership cards after all, so have to be verified on the turnstile side.

Either the touts are losing track of what barcodes are for what seat, or there's some misguided attempt to 'protect' the account that the barcode belongs to by not quite giving the correct seat details in-case someone gets caught/kicked out.

i think its the latter - so the barcode has a seat, but they have dubbed it to a random seat to protect it - but obviously as soon as they check the barcode etc LFC will be able to see exactly what seat it is - so not sure there really?

Offline fowler_dk

• Kemlynite
« Reply #38749 on: April 5, 2024, 09:53:42 am »

This happened twice this season to us. Both me and my husband bought tickets in the 13+ sale and one time in either October or November and then again in January someone came to our seats and showed their tickets with the exact same seat details as ours. I thought that it was the ticket office that screwed up and issued the same tickets twice but maybe they had fake tickets

Offline mighty magpie

• Main Stander
« Reply #38750 on: April 5, 2024, 10:06:57 am »
sounds like people are touting tickets without giving away personal information or seat details therefor cannot be traced if reported.

Barcode was from an android phone most likely and for another seat in the stand.

Edit - Rebecca is spot on, they will be caught IF the ticket office or steward scan the barcode.

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #38751 on: April 5, 2024, 10:24:23 am »
So ,on android when the barcode changes every 40 seconds or so is this even having any effect? You can't screenshot the barcode only photo it ,either way you're only getting the one version and not a refreshed one?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #38752 on: April 5, 2024, 10:34:18 am »
Will keep this in mind. For a couple of the Europa league games our area has been a bit "full" we aren't in 305 or anything so it's a little strange when we are stood about two to a seat.

May make a point getting in early for Atalanta and sitting in my seat.

<Narrator, he was still in the pub at 7:55pm>

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38753 on: April 5, 2024, 10:46:57 am »
sounds like people are touting tickets without giving away personal information or seat details therefor cannot be traced if reported.

Barcode was from an android phone most likely and for another seat in the stand.

Edit - Rebecca is spot on, they will be caught IF the ticket office or steward scan the barcode.

i think it most likely is this - and have had a similar thing happen in the QR era as well. touts probably worried their cards will get banned before their biggest payday (Wolves)

apparently some turnstile stewards have been instructed to be more vigilant for screenshotted QR codes as it's usually a red flag. but when it's crammed 15 minutes before kick-off, it's not like they can stop too much - and often it's just "innocent" people who've naively paid a tout
YNWA.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38754 on: April 5, 2024, 10:48:07 am »
Someone please explain this to me - although I think I know the answer already

My brother sold his ticket for last night back to the club early yesterday morning as he couldn't attend. When I got to my seat, I started chatting to the (American) guy who was in the seat - was interested to see who actually purchased it in a late drop.

He told me he'd bought it weeks ago from an online source. I explained that was impossible given I'd only sold it back to the club yesterday morning on the official exchange.

He told me the name of the site he'd bought it from, how much he'd paid, and even showed me a pic of the members pass on his phone (which obviously wasn't his - and I took a photo of it).

He told me he got an email link to download the ticket his phone but it looked like a proper NFC pass on his phone when he showed it to me.

Also - had my brother not returned his ticket, would this guy have been left in the lurch at late notice?

Finally - he told me he was there with two other friends. They all paid the same amount from the same website yet two of his friends ended up in a hospitality part of the same stand but he was in normal seats.

How on earth does a ticket get returned on the exchange yesterday and end up in the hands of someone who thinks he purchased it weeks ago?!

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38755 on: April 5, 2024, 10:51:08 am »
Someone please explain this to me - although I think I know the answer already

My brother sold his ticket for last night back to the club early yesterday morning as he couldn't attend. When I got to my seat, I started chatting to the (American) guy who was in the seat - was interested to see who actually purchased it in a late drop.

He told me he'd bought it weeks ago from an online source. I explained that was impossible given I'd only sold it back to the club yesterday morning on the official exchange.

He told me the name of the site he'd bought it from, how much he'd paid, and even showed me a pic of the members pass on his phone (which obviously wasn't his - and I took a photo of it).

How on earth does a ticket get returned on the exchange yesterday and end up in the hands of someone who thinks he purchased it weeks ago?!

He told me he got an email link to download the ticket his phone but it looked like a proper NFC pass on his phone when he showed it to me.

Also - had my brother not returned his ticket, would this guy have been left in the lurch at late notice?

Finally - he told me he was there with two other friends. They all paid the same amount from the same website yet two of his friends ended up in a hospitality part of the same stand but he was in normal seats.

the "professional" touts often "pre-sell" tickets and then source later. they (or someone with a bot who sold on) probably bought the return and then sent on the pass link/general admission pass.
YNWA.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #38756 on: April 5, 2024, 10:52:03 am »
This guy had an android phone and showed me a barcode. Saw the steward at half time who wandered over for a chat. Said they were looking for his "mate" in the stand who sent him the ticket. 

Think Rebecca has it right.

Luckily this guy gave me no hassle and got thrown out but it makes you think about the remaining games.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38757 on: April 5, 2024, 10:58:01 am »
the "professional" touts often "pre-sell" tickets and then source later. they (or someone with a bot who sold on) probably bought the return and then sent on the pass link/general admission pass.

I think that's exactly what happened - it's just bizarre to see it actually happening in one of your own seats - and totally wrong of course.

The guy who bought it was perfectly nice, he was as bemused as me.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38758 on: April 5, 2024, 10:58:49 am »
This guy had an android phone and showed me a barcode. Saw the steward at half time who wandered over for a chat. Said they were looking for his "mate" in the stand who sent him the ticket. 

Think Rebecca has it right.

Luckily this guy gave me no hassle and got thrown out but it makes you think about the remaining games.

pretty worrying if it is actually a legit pass and not just a screenshot with fake seat details over it. would be a huge TO scandal otherwise.
YNWA.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #38759 on: April 5, 2024, 11:56:45 am »
At this rate it might be better to have unique links for each game like the finals etc. I know it helps touts a bit but it will put an end to this carnage with people inside sitting in wrong seats etc and daft screenshots /passlinks and q's at the TO. I mean we moved on from cards to improve but I prefer cards now.