Author Topic: Diogo Jota (Diogo José Teixeira da Silva)  (Read 547207 times)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Diogo Jota
« Reply #320 on: September 28, 2020, 11:13:13 pm »
Now I love Origi, but just compare how involved Jota was tonight after coming on against how involved Origi is when he is brought on in similar circumstances. All that involved was a will to run and good positioning.

Nothing against Divock, his style is just not quite right for what we have become.

The fact we can bring on Jota and Minamino as subs will cause the opposition nightmares.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #321 on: September 28, 2020, 11:22:40 pm »
In his post-match interview he mentioned that his role was to come on and help keep the press going. He seemed to relish that, and did well. A terrier with the ball at his feet, and the threat to shoot with either.

That'll do pig, that'll do.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: September 28, 2020, 11:25:12 pm »
In his post-match interview he mentioned that his role was to come on and help keep the press going. He seemed to relish that, and did well. A terrier with the ball at his feet, and the threat to shoot with either.

Jota is real quality. There is a guy where I work who is a Wolves fan and whilst I have seen enough of him to know what sort of player he is, that fan said to me Jota has bags of ability, presses like mad and can be a nasty, aggressive little shit at times.

Music to our ears that.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #323 on: September 28, 2020, 11:32:31 pm »
Perfect player for us. Lovely finish. Could have had three if things went his way.

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: September 28, 2020, 11:32:41 pm »
He will help us win trophies. Great addition.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: September 28, 2020, 11:37:40 pm »
I got Luis Suarez vibes from his performance tonight.

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
« Reply #326 on: September 28, 2020, 11:46:48 pm »
Could have got a hattrick for us. Well played today.

No pressure as we can ease him in with our front 3, but he will be competing with the lads.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #327 on: September 28, 2020, 11:49:16 pm »
We have 3 impact subs now, Jota being the perfect example of a player who frightens tired defenders
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: September 28, 2020, 11:49:24 pm »

Imagine the defender taking a breath of relief seeing Mané going off and then seeing this lad sprinting onto the pitch  ;D

« Reply #329 on: September 28, 2020, 11:49:26 pm »
Fits our attack like a glove. Him and Minamino will provide decent support and maybe competition for the front 3.

Offline All-Is-Bright

• Boys Pen
« Reply #330 on: September 28, 2020, 11:50:10 pm »
Impressive premier league debut tonight. Fitted in seemlessly, pressed well, showed good strength on the ball to shrug off Arsenal players a couple times and managed to find good space in attack.

Would love to see him get a full run out on Thursday with Taki and/or Divock in the middle and Harvey playing RW. Those three/four would run riot against a second string Arsenal.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: September 28, 2020, 11:57:55 pm »
Yesssssssss Diogo lad
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #332 on: September 29, 2020, 01:00:55 am »
Really impressive. We’ll have some player on our hands once those early, new-team jitters are gone. His positioning is top notch.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #333 on: September 29, 2020, 01:03:59 am »
Like all good forwards he always he seems to get into scoring positions and will bang in heaps of goals for us. Pity his goal was in front of an empty kop but it was a terrific finish to ice the game.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: September 29, 2020, 01:19:36 am »
Looked really good. The best thing about it was that it seemed like for like. Normally we put someone on and it changes the dynamic. Same goes for taki.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: September 29, 2020, 01:52:00 am »
So impressive, swung the balance of the game to us when he came on, wow

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #336 on: September 29, 2020, 01:53:54 am »
Like all good forwards he always he seems to get into scoring positions and will bang in heaps of goals for us. Pity his goal was in front of an empty kop but it was a terrific finish to ice the game.
Felt similarly. Wished he’d been able to score a debut goal in front of a full Anfield, I’m sure he’s happy anyway but to be able celebrate that with the crowd would have been special.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: September 29, 2020, 02:10:53 am »

Considering how we defend with a high line that requires pressure up the field to stop balls coming in over the top he really is the perfect player to come on at the end and keep our press going for that last 20 minutes when others are becoming fatigued.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #338 on: September 29, 2020, 02:17:01 am »
Took up some good positions as well. Think he'll be in the right place at the right time to score on many occasions
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #339 on: September 29, 2020, 02:17:19 am »
I loved the way he got himself into space and dangerous positions so often in that brief spell.   Looks like he'll be another good one and I can't wait to watch his progression under Klopp and our staff.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: September 29, 2020, 02:21:33 am »
Looks like he’s pretty fucking good and will fit us seamlessly.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #341 on: September 29, 2020, 02:44:58 am »

This was actually massive for us today.

Before he and Milner came on, it looked a little bit in the balance. We had dropped off a bit with our pressing and Arsenal had advanced a little further, where Ceballos was able to play that through ball to Lacazette. When we brought on Jota it made a huge impact. Instantly the pressing lifted and we had them pinned in their defensive third again. Never mind even the goals - if he can just help us keep up the press in the latter parts of a game, it's going to help us lock down a lot more points this season.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: September 29, 2020, 06:29:07 am »
Love the fact that this was a signing form the left field. Nobody has any inkling and within two days he is ours. In actual fact, he is the prototype striker for Klopp. Press, speed and score goals.

We’re world class at recruitment now. We know who fits us best and we go out and get them. Not a sexy name like Werner or Havertz but now on hindsight almost a perfect signing for us. Good age, peak years ahead, not expected to usurp our front 3 immediately but good and versatile enough to contribute now, premier league proven and of course FIFA champion. What’s not to like.

Brilliant addition and brilliant piece of business
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #343 on: September 29, 2020, 07:07:55 am »
Love the fact that this was a signing form the left field. Nobody has any inkling and within two days he is ours. In actual fact, he is the prototype striker for Klopp. Press, speed and score goals.

We’re world class at recruitment now. We know who fits us best and we go out and get them. Not a sexy name like Werner or Havertz but now on hindsight almost a perfect signing for us. Good age, peak years ahead, not expected to usurp our front 3 immediately but good and versatile enough to contribute now, premier league proven and of course FIFA champion. What’s not to like.

...and a goal - what's more to say  :scarf

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline West Cork Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #344 on: September 29, 2020, 07:20:46 am »
Will start Thursday night, no doubt

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #345 on: September 29, 2020, 07:44:52 am »
A lively start from him, but I thought that the ball deflected off his arm for the goal. I'd have been fuming if Arsenal had equalized in similar circumstances.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: September 29, 2020, 07:49:14 am »
He just appears to be more involved. That's the one criticism i've always had of Divock is that he is never 100 percent involved when called upon. Of course he has had his big game moments and i'll be forever thankful of those but he isn't always in the game like some players are. Unfortunately for Divock, Jota will play more than him I expect.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: September 29, 2020, 07:51:43 am »

Would love to see him get a full run out on Thursday with Taki and/or Divock in the middle and Harvey playing RW. Those three/four would run riot against a second string Arsenal.

I'm relishing the prospect of what team we could put out on Thursday. We have so many strong players that we could tear Arsenal's fringe players several new ones.

Reckon Jota's energy could win us a fair few penalties in the last 10 minutes of games. Opposition fans will be tearing their hair out.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #348 on: September 29, 2020, 07:56:55 am »

Exactly...and its probably a case of 'fuck the big pay increase I'm living the dream!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: September 29, 2020, 07:59:14 am »
Very satisfied to have Mane off but we still have a lots of threat on the left.
Believer

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: September 29, 2020, 08:00:27 am »
I even don't think his first miss was all that bad, it was a decent position, but Leno was very quick off his line to close down the shot and the pass to Firmino wasn't open. He seems such a likeable player, very happy that we got him ;D

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #351 on: September 29, 2020, 08:05:20 am »
Pretty impressive for a 15 minute cameo. Skill and aggression and he already seems to know what he is supposed to be doing. I can see him getting a fair few goals this season coming on in the last 20 mins and terrorising a tiring defence.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #352 on: September 29, 2020, 09:52:30 am »
Loved his 15 minutes last night. Could, arguably should, have scored a hat trick. Well done lad
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: September 29, 2020, 09:53:28 am »
Pretty impressive for a 15 minute cameo. Skill and aggression and he already seems to know what he is supposed to be doing. I can see him getting a fair few goals this season coming on in the last 20 mins and terrorising a tiring defence.

Interesting - I agree on the 15 min cameo and well taken goal - he was involved in 3 goal scoring opportunities, missed one, Mo gets in the way of 2nd and 3rd he takes and scores. All positive. Yes he can play impact role off bench - but was signed to offer more. 

Although I can see him starting matches quite soon as Klopp starts to rotate.
Probably will get a start on Thursday in League cup match - I will love a front 3 of Jota, MInamino and Origi

and would love to see Jota playing with 2 of Mane, Mo and Bobby.

good signing so far - early days - welcome to Anfield Diogo Jota!

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: September 29, 2020, 10:05:06 am »
Squad just keeps getting better

With this season having a lot more games crammed into a much shorter space, we have recruited nicely in the last 2 windows
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: September 29, 2020, 10:14:29 am »
Delighted he scored yesterday.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #356 on: September 29, 2020, 11:21:06 am »
Delighted he scored yesterday.
Would have been a brace if it wasn't for the excellent defensive work of Mo Salah.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #357 on: September 29, 2020, 11:30:31 am »
Would have been a brace if it wasn't for the excellent defensive work of Mo Salah.

Indeed, or because of the excellent attacking work of Mo Salah
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: September 29, 2020, 11:32:43 am »

Hat-trick if he had of put away Salah's magic pass.

Fantastic overall contribution when he came on.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #359 on: September 29, 2020, 11:33:39 am »
He's just a real livewire - got a feeling his goal per minute ratio is going to be very impressive