Author Topic: West Ham United vs Liverpool (Premier League) - 12:30, Saturday 27th April  (Read 6142 times)

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Surely Danns has to get on the pitch today?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Konate, Szobozslai, Salah and Nunez in particular deserved dropping.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Rumour is this

Alisson, Trent Quansah Van Dijk Robertson, Gravenberch Endo Mac Allister, Elliot Gakpo Diaz

Zero goals and pace in the side.

Might as well have whacked Danns in instead of Elliott.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rumour is this

Alisson, Trent Quansah Van Dijk Robertson, Gravenberch Endo Mac Allister, Elliot Gakpo Diaz

Confirmed now.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
Meritocracy in action, good stuff.

Zero pace or runs in behind again though, the balance of the attacking 5 players we have really is off.

Let’s just win our duels and go from there.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Opposed to picking who else? Honestly all the players dropped deserved it.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
Pretty much chosen on form. And rightly so.

Struggling to feel any excitement over this game though to be honest.

The old saying 'it's about the journey, not the destination' springs to mind.

So we're not going to win the league this year, big whoop!  Look at that lineup, look at the young players in it that are still developing their game.  There's so much potential there that no matter where we finish, every game is an opportunity to watch them grow as players and as people.

That's enough for me and if we add a title onto that in the coming years, happy days.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks for the OP Jack :)

Need a pick me up after Wednesday, so hoping for a win (obviously) but also a much better performance.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
Hoping to see this team

Alllison, Gomez, Quansah, Van Dijk, Robertson
Elliot, Mac Allister, Gravenberch
Diaz, Danns, Gakpo

Come on the mighty reds.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Opposed to picking who else? Honestly all the players dropped deserved it.

Dozens of people have spent the last few days having a go at the likes of Salah and Nunez, then when they're not picked they're still complaining!
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline elkun

• Kopite
Rumour is this

Good team. The players that got dropped, deserved to be dropped.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Glad the message has been sent to Darwin and Mo.

Gakpo in the middle though  :butt

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
really pleased with our team

would be great if steffan could get a few mins before the end of the season

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
Not much pace in that side is a bit concerning but agree with others that it’s hard to say the dropped/rested players don’t deserve it.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Danns not even on the bench with Gakpo through the middle. Can't say I'm very arsed given the title predicament but kills off any enthusiasm really. Whatever, was only looking forward to the home games anyway before Klopp goes.

Hope Bajcetic can get a few minutes and start the last three. Nothing to lose now which is why I'd have preferred Danns playing. Good to see Quansah start again.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Dropped all the players who have shat it recently. Nice.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
Those who deserved to be dropped have been dropped, so I'm pleased with that.

Hopefully, now the league is gone, they can play stress-free and put a performance in.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
Going to really struggle again today, that West Ham line up looks certain to cause us a lot of problems.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Glad to see those players dropped.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Danns not on the bench? Zero goals in that team really. Let’s hope we don’t concede!

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan

Zero goals with Salah and Nunez on too to be honest so not really that different when you think of it that way.

Both have deservedly been dropped imo.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Danns not on the bench? Zero goals in that team really. Let’s hope we don’t concede!

Trent can score, Grav has scored recently, as has Gakpo and Elliot.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
Let’s hope we don’t concede!

Hmm, seems unlikely!
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Really hate Elliott on the right, he always struggles there. Dunno why he isn't given a chance to play deeper.

Hope we can see a reaction today but the effort and intensity level has to be upped else we'll make a struggling West Ham side look good.

COMON U REDMEN!!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
Really hate Elliott on the right, he always struggles there. Dunno why he isn't given a chance to play deeper.

Hope we can see a reaction today but the effort and intensity level has to be upped else we'll make a struggling West Ham side look good.

COMON U REDMEN!!

I thought Diaz looked good coming from the right, Gakpo looks better on the left. Would've been nice to see here with Elliott in the middle.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Not bothered about the result, very bothered about the mentality of some players. How they all respond to the shitshow at Goodison matters.

Yeah same.

Pretty much impossible to win the league now. Might as well just enjoy footy for footy. All the pressure is well and truly off now.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
Would love a win but would take a point too just to get closer to securing top 4 - win the 2 home games remaining and it should be enough.

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
The problem with that front 3 is that both wingers aren't goal threats, nor will they make runs behind, but then the only player who can shoot will play false 9 and drop deep as well. 

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
Stefan!

For the people wanting Danns, lad's just had a concussion and is 18. The club has a duty of care not to risk his long term health. Keep him for next season.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Yeah same.

Pretty much impossible to win the league now. Might as well just enjoy footy for footy. All the pressure is well and truly off now.
To be fair to the player, it must be really really hard.  Klopp leaving makes it weird psychologically. 

Think that’s why Elliot is playing well at the moment.  He’s first and foremost Liverpool crazy ….
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
Why does Gomez never get a chance at CB?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Stefan!

For the people wanting Danns, lad's just had a concussion and is 18. The club has a duty of care not to risk his long term health. Keep him for next season.

I didn't realise about the concussion. In that case the club is correct too many clubs ignore it and that's far too risky.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Let’s hope we win the odd header in our box given they have players who thrive on set pieces.

Please win. My miserable little heart can’t take any more misery at the moment.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
To be fair to the player, it must be really really hard.  Klopp leaving makes it weird psychologically. 

Think that’s why Elliot is playing well at the moment.  He’s first and foremost Liverpool crazy ….

Absolutely mate. I'm not blaming the players or the manager at all.

The players have run through brick walls for years and have played out of their skin - some of the best footy this club has seen in the modern era. They should all be proud of how we've competed against fucking cheats for fucking years.

A shake up and a change next season and who knows what might come.

The only thing obvious at this point is that the corrupt fuckign shithouses in the so-called 'Premier' league will do fuck all to City and cheating is here to stay. And their media fuck buddies also not calling it out is all part of the corruption. If fans of the league no longer give a fuck because of cheats then where does that leave them?

Shite league. Boring as fuck. Don't even watch most games thesedays. Fucking turgid shite.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
That’s as strong as West Ham gets

Would have liked to see Danns on the bench

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
Fuck it, why not.

I don't think I've been less arsed about one of our games in a while.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
Glad the players that stank the place out these past few games are on the bench. Lets win this for Klopp!

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Stefan!

Serious question here, how long can they linger? Because that was the end of February and it's nearly May now. He's been playing for the 18s since I think.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
Glad the players that stank the place out these past few games are on the bench. Lets win this for Klopp!

Agreed, it's gonna be tough though, that's a very strong West ham side.