Author Topic: Emiliano Insua  (Read 28138 times)

Offline Jermaine man

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Emiliano Insua
« on: March 31, 2012, 03:17:01 am »
I like to keep an eye on youngsters we let go usually check up on how they are geting on. This mid week Insua scored a corker. link below

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xprztt_sporting-2-0-metalist_sport
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 08:50:19 am by Rhi »

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Re: Insua's Goal
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 03:22:29 am »
Always liked the lad, never thought we should have sold him.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 04:24:22 am »
Having a go at those that thought he was a fat wap I see.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 04:37:53 am »
He played well in that game. Looked a completely different player.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 04:44:31 am »
It was a joke people writing him off. The lad had a shit season along with most of the side and got slaughtered.

The same people who got rid of him wanted to get rid of Lucas. Thank fuck they were so greedy they wouldn't take the mighty sum of 4 million.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 04:46:52 am by MBL? »

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 05:29:05 am »
He's scored a few good goals this season. Think he's scored 6 or 7 all up from LB, good return

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 05:47:45 am »
He's scored a few good goals this season. Think he's scored 6 or 7 all up from LB, good return

That's more than everyone individually on our team. :lmao
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline soberphobia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 05:48:12 am »
I read somewhere Sebastian Leto' is tearing up the Greek league to.
24 hours in a day 24 cans in a carton coincidence?

Offline DominicQ

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 05:53:52 am »

15 goals in 15 games.

Offline SF Red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 05:58:06 am »

Leto has 16 goals  and 9 assists in 22 matches this year.  He really should have gotten a work permit - the English teams are at such a disadvantage compared to Spain/Italy/Germany.  I think we are still entitled to some of his transfer fee if he moves on though.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 07:43:29 am »
we sold him? thought we gave him away in exchange for a mars bar at our clearance sale...

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 07:45:51 am »
His contract expired.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline BobbyDavro

• can't skate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 08:21:50 am »
It was a joke people writing him off. The lad had a shit season along with most of the side and got slaughtered.

The same people who got rid of him wanted to get rid of Lucas. Thank fuck they were so greedy they wouldn't take the mighty sum of 4 million.

Stop being a tit.
Saying you think one player isn't good enough doesn't mean you're automatically a type of person who thinks everyone is shit.
Insua wasn't good enough for us.  I'm glad he's doing well.  Lucas always had more about him and the comparison makes you look stupid.
Oh here y'are:
All those saying he was good enough are the same ones who said Diomede was good enough.

Makes no sense, does it?

Offline roym

• Main Stander
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 08:51:57 am »
Stop being a tit.
Saying you think one player isn't good enough doesn't mean you're automatically a type of person who thinks everyone is shit.
Insua wasn't good enough for us.  I'm glad he's doing well.  Lucas always had more about him and the comparison makes you look stupid.
Oh here y'are:
All those saying he was good enough are the same ones who said Diomede was good enough.

Makes no sense, does it?

not quite... he led in crossing stats in the league the year he got his chance. he was simply played too much and burnt out... kind of like enrique now...

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 08:59:41 am »
Was a class act, and still is! Well done Emiliano !!!
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 09:08:15 am »
not quite... he led in crossing stats in the league the year he got his chance. he was simply played too much and burnt out... kind of like enrique now...

Any source for that "Insua led the league in crossing stats the year he got his chance" stat?!? He might've been played too much and therefore got somewhat burned, but he sure as hell was a liability defensively, in every aspect of the game. He was good technique and he was quite decent going forward but he severely lacked pace and positioning skills. Sure, he might've gone better with more experience, but he really just wasnt that good for us at the time. The Insua-Enrique comparison you're making is laughable, really....
I seriously wish the lad all the best, but there's no way Insua'd be a starter here at the moment, had he stayed. Enrique might be frustrating to watch at times and might've had a dip in form lately, but he's still a rock-solid LB, and WAY more solid and complete than Insua will ever be.
Thinking about it.... actually we do have someone who's WAY better than Enrique in the LB position, too bad 'that someone' is a permacrock  :-[
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 09:13:08 am by Gods_Left_Boot »
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Shabby

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 09:08:40 am »
Always thought he was carrying a bit too much weight for us but he looks to have toned up in that vid.

Always liked the lad, he played too many games in 09/10 kinda like Henderson has this season, but you could see he had potential and he still managed to churn out a good amount of assists. More than Downing that's for sure. We should have sold him on a buy back option but there you go.
Ł15m? It seems low, but what people have to remember is that the fee is irrelevant.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 09:12:05 am »
His contract expired.
Do we not stil own 50% if he is sold on ?

Offline mactifosi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 09:41:59 am »
Was disgusted with the way the club, or more correctly the Purslow gang treated some of our younger foreign players.

Great to see him doing well, he was a good lad when he was with us.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 09:43:41 am »
Was disgusted with the way the club, or more correctly the Purslow gang treated some of our younger foreign players.

Great to see him doing well, he was a good lad when he was with us.

Come on mate. We needed to be more English again. Too many foreign accents in that dressing room.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Blade

• Not the sharpest tool in the box
  • Kopite
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 09:59:29 am »
Do we not stil own 50% if he is sold on ?

Yes, we own 50% of his rights. Sporting owns 35%, and the "Sporting Portugal Fund" (some sports management company) owns the other 15%.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 10:01:55 am by Blade »

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 10:08:02 am »
Good to see the lad doing so well and enjoying it. We dropped a bollock letting this lad go and should have continued to develop him. No doubt he will become a regular Argentine international.

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legacy Fan
  • Up on a hill, here's where we begin...
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 10:13:43 am »
I think we had him at the wrong time. If we'd signed him now or a year or so down the line he'd be great. Loads of Potential. Hope he does well. How olds he now? 22/23?

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 10:15:31 am »
Good to see the lad doing so well and enjoying it.

That's the most important thing I think. His messages on twitter and his body language during the end of Rafa's reign and how he was being touted about for pennies was as disheartening for the young lad as any experience.

I've seen some Sporting games this season and he looked well. Would like to keep track of his progress.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2012, 10:15:35 am »
Good to see him doing well.

But we have Enrique who is better than him and Robinson who has a lot of potential as well.
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 10:19:05 am »
Good goal that. Always liked the lad.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2012, 10:20:09 am »
Never understood why we let a young homegrown lad go.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2012, 10:25:01 am »
Yes, we own 50% of his rights. Sporting owns 35%, and the "Sporting Portugal Fund" (some sports management company) owns the other 15%.

Wait what? If we own majority of his rights, does that mean he's out on loan to Sporting?  ???

Muhammad Ali

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2012, 10:25:18 am »
Lovely goal, was sad to see him thrown to the wolves after being left horrible exposed by our lack of depth, hopefully goes on to have a decent career.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline lucas leivas #1 fan

• Anny Roader
  • twitter: @Ciaran_CP
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2012, 10:29:13 am »
Alsways liked the lad, wish we hadnt let him go... if he keeps imporving we could buy him back though we'd effectively get him half price at least
Follow me on Twitter: @Ciaran_CP

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 10:41:38 am »
I got told off because I said that I'd rather want him here then Clichy.

Still think he's boss.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 10:46:13 am »
Great technique, that.

I always remember Alan Hansen and Match of the Day having a go at Insua. It was very unfair and pretty ignorant stuff. You always felt his biggest crime was not being English. Established foreign players who come to England are generally left alone. But to be young, unknown and foreign is to be a prime candidate for the derision of old school pundits. They get judged by much harsher standards (Lucas was another obviously). A lynch mob mentality can get going very quickly and since football pundits have, by their very nature, herd minds everyone joins in. That happened to our lad.

It was quite clear to anyone who watched Insua on a regular basis that he was an exciting and bold full back brimming with potential. Selling him for a song made as much sense as buying Andy Carroll for 35 mill.

On that thought can you imagine if Carroll was from Nuevo Castille and not that place on the River Tyne.     
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2012, 10:48:26 am »
Good goal, I think. to be honest can't really see much on that video, it's very stop-start, but that might be my laptop.

This.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2012, 10:58:12 am »
Seemed to be a good young player, glad to see him doing well again now. Very good strike. Always like to see youngsters who did not quite make it here - although I think Insua could have - doing well elsewhere.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2012, 11:02:08 am »

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2012, 11:05:25 am »
Always liked the lad, never thought we should have sold him.

Me too
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2012, 11:07:24 am »
Mistake by club to let him go. Aurelio as brilliant as he is, makes bench at best and Enrique could do with a rest imo.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2012, 11:08:51 am »
If his name was Emlyn Ince...............
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2012, 11:15:22 am »
Good goal.

Goes without saying we should have kept him. I still wonder how anyone thought Konchesky was a better option than Insua. Dreadful management and after that we followed the usual route and our loan player was gone.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2012, 11:23:41 am »
Anyone know how these % of rights things work?

Muhammad Ali