Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Sunderland, (Suarez, Larsson) - Post Match  (Read 148635 times)

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
Re: Liverpool 1 - 1 Sunderland, (Suarez, Larsson) - Post Match
« Reply #680 on: August 13, 2011, 05:18:10 pm »
Robbed in the first half half the game should of been dead and buried and Flanagan is garbage.

Garbage?

Behave lad.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #681 on: August 13, 2011, 05:18:11 pm »
I'm not one for knee jerk reactions anyone who knows me on here.

But im gunna say something I will stand by for the rest of the season. Andy Carroll will be the biggest transfer flop in the history of this club.

Nowhere near good enough, and not one who will improve vastly either.

35 million for someone with extremely limited technical ability

Oh dear...

I thought he was poor today yes, but you've said quite a lot of tosh there.

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: August 13, 2011, 05:18:18 pm »
So by saying that he was bad for the last 30 minutes of the game, which just about everyone will say he was, means that you don't support the team? So if I say that Suarez taking the pen when he was annoyed at being robbed a goal, and not focused to convert it was a bad decision should I just hand in my supporters club membership?

No but I think perspective needs to nestle alongside passion as we type
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #683 on: August 13, 2011, 05:18:24 pm »
Gonna be a long season.

Wonder if we can still tempt AVB to take over.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #684 on: August 13, 2011, 05:18:27 pm »
I'm not one for knee jerk reactions anyone who knows me on here.

But im gunna say something I will stand by for the rest of the season. Andy Carroll will be the biggest transfer flop in the history of this club.

Nowhere near good enough, and not one who will improve vastly either.

35 million for someone with extremely limited technical ability

Not going to kneejerk then spout that shit?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #685 on: August 13, 2011, 05:18:27 pm »
Talk about over reactions in here.

Its not the end of the world.
We cant blame the ref's. Its small time and pathetic.

Credit to Sunderland.
Its early days.

Bolton are top of the league.

I beggeth thy pardon, of course we can. If a Ref has a shocker then we are more than entitled to gripe and complain. We lose a game we lose ground on teams. A Ref has a shocker nothin' happens him.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician

The more I see of Carra these days the more I think he is holding us back the longer he is first team.

He's not holding us back. He's a great man and a great defender, but I'd rather someone else there.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Thought there were some really good signs overall but it just wasn't our day. Downing linked well with Suarez. Enrique was a monster at leftback and Adam/Lucas partnership looks like it will work well. Missed the win and were disappointing 2nd half with Flanagan awful after half time but the goal was not entirely his fault. We should never have allowed the cross in the first place.

A draw against Sunderland in the opening match is not a disaster by any means.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Alonso

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This match certainly lived up to my fears.

Henderson, Downing, Adam, looking very average. Carragher looking like the relic he is, Kenny's tactics and choice of players, all poor. Hoof after hoof in the second half, no composure or brains. Also much to reliant on Suarez.

And Dowd is a fat fuck who lost us the game, how ever poor we were. Hope Kenny lays into him.

You're a massive wum.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: August 13, 2011, 05:18:52 pm »
Great first half, shit second half. The missed pen and the decisions that didn't go our way were big knocks to the team's morale - something that Kenny should be able to deal with, but he'll have a hard time of it while everyone is still getting used to playing with each other. Flanagan actually looked really good until the equalizer, but that seemed to have totally shattered his nerves, which is very uncharacteristic for him. He's usually ridiculously composed.

I predicted 1-1 for this match a couple of weeks ago but I was obviously hoping for better. My feeling has been that if we can come away from the first two matches with two points, we'll be in a good position...and I feel that even more strongly now. A point against Arsenal and more signs of us being able to play like we did in the first half, and our season will be off to a very promising start even without a win.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #690 on: August 13, 2011, 05:18:55 pm »
And believe it or not, and I know it's pretty tough to grasp, people aren't actually too happy with a 1-1 draw with Sunderland having played really really badly for 45 minutes, and then (and this is again something outlandish) people might just be allowed to say they're not too pleased at the performance, and they might also highlight players who were poor, ie. Flanagan.

Incredibly that's not actual anything terrible, it's just normal.
Sunderland didn't exactly play well in the 2nd half either. They're shitly managed, with a pretty shit squad, and they'll do shitly this season leading to fat-heads well deserved sacking at last.

There was no real reason for them to have caused us any real trouble - an indeed they didn't. We switch off grossly and failed to punish them when we were hugely, hugely on top.

The big disappointment for me is that even with the twattish reffing they weren't just their to be beaten today but utterly dismantled.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: August 13, 2011, 05:18:56 pm »
I don't understand this. If he got the penalty decision right it must have been a foul, yes? Richardson was, apart from the goalkeeper, the last man, yes?

He awarded a penalty and gave the man a yellow card. It was (would have been) a goalscoring opportunity, so therefore it should be a red.
His touch was poor and he went wide of the goal, it was a blessing he was taken down.

Offline THE7KING

• Main Stander
« Reply #692 on: August 13, 2011, 05:19:03 pm »
Flanno will be fine he was great last season and he'll learn from the mistake!

Was shocked though that Kelly didn't start

Offline kred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
Our play in the second half was laboured and disjointed resulting in lots of lumps to Carroll.

Our idea of a counter attack tactics.  Those dreary hoofs. 

Offline Mizerooskie

• Kopite
« Reply #694 on: August 13, 2011, 05:19:04 pm »
I don't think anyone's expecting that of him, to be fair the goal should of stood but that was bad defending as opposed to good play by Carroll. Yes it was a good take & finish but that ball should never of been getting to him in the first place so it's not like he outwit his marker with good movement.

Like I said in my earlier post, the amount of times the ball was whipped into the box today (good deliveries too) & he was either nowhere near it, or met it with a header that had either no power or went wide was pretty shocking & it's not like it's his debut, he was similarly ineffective for much of last season. Considering we're pretty much banking on him being a monster in the air it's not looking good so far. I'll reserve my judgement until the end of the season & hopefully as the games keep coming he'll get a bit more sharpness & a build up a bit more of an understanding with the rest of the lads & we'll see the goals start to flow.
The only reason you perceive Carroll's goal as bad defending is because the defender lost the battle in the air.  Ergo, Carroll won the battle in the air. 

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #695 on: August 13, 2011, 05:19:12 pm »
Why did kyut get the yellow.

He cleaned someone.....can't remember who but the ref played advantage......then the ref brought the play back and booked him.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Flanagan and Carroll really let us down today, Flanno made a couple of rookie errors and Andy needs to learn the value of possesion. Apart from that the team was crisp and I see loads of potential.

The more I see of Carra these days the more I think he is holding us back the longer he is first team.

Sorry to be negative off the bat but it was a disappointing day for me, positively Downing, Enrique and Adam looked first class. I think if we serious about challenging soon we need atleast 1 more decent attacking threat.

Got overwhelmed with the feeling our scoring was over for the afternoon after Luis was subbed. If he was to get injured and we were putting in a real challenge i could see it seriously derailing it, we need another type of attacker of this callibre, it could be the 25-30m that guarantees us success this season

I thought andy did well first half, had a goal disallowed, dropped deeper and laid it off to more creative players and worked hard, second half he played alot poorer but so did everyone really bar a couple of players.

Offline C@mry

• Anny Roader
  • Vera
« Reply #697 on: August 13, 2011, 05:19:25 pm »
I think any Post match threads should be closed for at least 3 hours after the game so everyone can calm down!

How do you calm down with such performance in the 2nd half?

Offline social

• Main Stander
« Reply #698 on: August 13, 2011, 05:19:26 pm »
Maybe now some of us will settle the fuck down, and possibly others will die of utter disillusionment :wave

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #699 on: August 13, 2011, 05:19:27 pm »
Gonna be a long season.

Wonder if we can still tempt AVB to take over.
Fuck off, we want Maureen.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: August 13, 2011, 05:19:30 pm »
Them Aussie doctors have got us fit and firing haven't they?

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: August 13, 2011, 05:19:38 pm »
looked exactly like a team in transition, so many new players.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: August 13, 2011, 05:19:42 pm »
Flanno was exposed from his lack of experience, the lad will bounce back

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
See flanno didn't have a good second half, the mistake affected him.

Sorry mate but not having that. Someone must of slipped something into Flanno's water at halftime because right from the off he was making bizarre decisions & miss placing passes left, right & centre. He was all over the place, Sunderland didn't equalise until nearly a quarter of an hour in. I don't know whether the pressure from Larsson flustered him or whether Kenny had asked him to get on the ball more or something but there was something not right with him as soon as that whistle went. He looked liked he didn't wanna be on the pitch.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline IndianKopite

• Anny Roader
  • Liverpool 4ever!!!
« Reply #704 on: August 13, 2011, 05:19:46 pm »
Not that that's Kenny's fault I suspect, as a club we've seemed to have a weak underbelly for years and years.

IIRC, in the season we finished 2nd under Benitez, we came back from behind most times in the league or made up most points from loosing position or something like that.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #705 on: August 13, 2011, 05:19:47 pm »

Enough positives in that to be getting on with despite the dissapointment of the result.

Negative - the way the goal was conceded and how we were hustled out of it in the second half.

Positive - the whole of the first half pretty much.

Kenny and Clarke will learn from this.

Opportunity at Arsenal to get a result that will set us up perfectly after this.

Heads up, Reds!

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: August 13, 2011, 05:19:54 pm »
With this type of result, top 6 at best.

not really
maxi aquilani kuyt mereles kelly and skrtel will make a difference.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline WhiteHeat

• Legacy Fan
  • wants the traditions of LFC back.
« Reply #707 on: August 13, 2011, 05:20:01 pm »
Mancs opening day 07-08- draw at home to Reading. 08-09 a draw at home to Newcastle. Look how it panned out. Let's not get carried away with today.

Offline Robbie_9

• Legacy Fan
  • God is a Red.
« Reply #708 on: August 13, 2011, 05:20:04 pm »
We need to up our fitness levels big time. It was really disappointing how leggy we looked in the second half.

spot on. That was the problem.

Fitness is awful and as soon as we run out of ideas we start hitting Carroll.

We need someone to just pick up the ball and get us moving. We miss Stevie when we are in this position.
"The most important people at the club are the people that want to be here"
Kenny Dalglish

★  ★  ★  ★  ★

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #709 on: August 13, 2011, 05:20:04 pm »
Garbage?

Behave lad.

He'll have to behave somewhere else - he has the distinction of being the first banned user this season.

Offline long.

• Anny Roader
  • He shoots... he SCORES!
« Reply #710 on: August 13, 2011, 05:20:17 pm »
We had a cracker first half, too bad we couldnt repeat it in the second.

I dare say Kenny probably got it a bit wrong today with selection (but who am I to fault the King); think Kelly should have played instead of Flanno and Kuyt for Henderson.
Although, I love that Kenny is giving our youngsters a good go!

ON YA LIVERPOOL!!! SUPPORTERS SUPPORT!!

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: August 13, 2011, 05:20:22 pm »
With this type of result, top 6 at best.

Get a hold of yourself, lmao.  Look at how we played the whole game and not just the second half before saying we'll do the same as last season "at best".

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #712 on: August 13, 2011, 05:20:27 pm »
Why did kyut get the yellow.

A foul that had occured earlier I think. Didn't look like it warranted one, but play moved on so was hard to tell.

Offline THE7KING

• Main Stander
« Reply #713 on: August 13, 2011, 05:20:31 pm »
same old feeling of not getting the second goal to kill the game off

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #714 on: August 13, 2011, 05:21:00 pm »
No he wasn't. Far from it.
He was pretty fucking good.

Assist for Suarez, another for Carroll if that goal hadn't been wrongly disallowed, sprayed the ball around well and a few good efforts himself. He was the main person still running his socks off at the end too.

Downsides were his tackling wasnt great, particularly in the second half where he was a bit rash going into challenges.

Other than that Im struggling to think of negatives so not sure where you're getting your "far from it"
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #715 on: August 13, 2011, 05:21:11 pm »
He's not holding us back. He's a great man and a great defender, but I'd rather someone else there.
In terms of the depth of our defensive line he is, IMO, very literally holding us about 10-20 yards further back than we should be. Enrique wasn't given any license/opportunity to attack at all today which is really not the way it should be when trying to pressure a side like S'land into submission at home. Someone like Enrique could and should be a crucial weapon in this type of game, it's a crying shame to see him holding the line 10-20 yards inside our own half when a Liverpool attack has just broken down.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: August 13, 2011, 05:21:14 pm »
Incredible how fast 18-year old homegrowns can walk alone after one mistake. Embarrassing.

Well i was thinking 'I might go back to RAWKing a bit more regularly' a few weeks ago.  This thread has popped my bubble.  So much anger at one match............  its hardly a revelation.  We have been in this space before haven't we.
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline garumn

• Kopite
« Reply #717 on: August 13, 2011, 05:21:19 pm »
I thought Flanagan did quite well up until the goal, which understandably shook his confidence.

Hopefully he will learn from the experience so one mistake wont ruin the rest of the game for him in the future.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #718 on: August 13, 2011, 05:21:27 pm »
Mancs opening day 07-08- draw at home to Reading. 08-09 a draw at home to Newcastle. Look how it panned out. Let's not get carried away with today.

This is the thong though. Our obsession with them.

We won't win the title and this is a small set back in our aspirations of finishing top 4.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: August 13, 2011, 05:21:29 pm »
I seriously fail to understand why we blitz teams in the first half and then seriously die away in the second half. It's so fucking annoying and frustrating, if it's a matter of fitness then maybe we shouldn't be playing this way if we cant keep it up for a full game and if it leaves us exposed in the second half.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!