Author Topic: Dating thesedays..  (Read 19948 times)

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
Re: Dating thesedays..
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2022, 11:07:12 am »
Its all expensive Soldier. Going on a date today at some swanky place, but hey, you got to use these dates for new experiences too.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #81 on: October 3, 2022, 06:18:05 pm »
So this one girl right, she said she's never been on a date. she's a mother of 1, lives at home with the parents. And i was like, huh? youve never been to a restaurant? She says no, always been a group. This baffled me i have to say. I said, okay, lets go on a date then, and she said crazy stuff like "i dont eat after 6pm", so no restaurants. okay. so bowling? pool? nope. She just wants to take a ride in a car. WTF is that?

Its crazy out there lads.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #82 on: October 3, 2022, 06:47:55 pm »
She just wants to take a ride in a car. WTF is that?

I mean the idea of a "date" to me is getting to know someone, so spending time in a car out somewhere on a nice drive sounds fine to me

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #83 on: October 3, 2022, 11:09:24 pm »
So this one girl right, she said she's never been on a date. she's a mother of 1, lives at home with the parents. And i was like, huh? youve never been to a restaurant? She says no, always been a group. This baffled me i have to say. I said, okay, lets go on a date then, and she said crazy stuff like "i dont eat after 6pm", so no restaurants. okay. so bowling? pool? nope. She just wants to take a ride in a car. WTF is that?

Red flags everywhere. Avoid.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #84 on: October 3, 2022, 11:11:06 pm »

Watch out for being followed.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #85 on: October 4, 2022, 02:39:39 am »

The clear question is how did she get to be a mother of one and never gone on a date.

What scenario led to that event.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 4, 2022, 04:45:31 am »
Funniest thing you know is when you talk for a day or so, agree on a date, reserve a table and then half an hour or so before the date, they suddenly feel sick, has school, need to babysit their friend's dog, etc.

Always right on cue, like a fucking clockwork. Makes you wonder why these are on the app to begin with!
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #87 on: October 4, 2022, 09:56:56 am »
Watch out for being followed.

That thought had actually crossed my mind, but, she is more paranoid than anything!

The clear question is how did she get to be a mother of one and never gone on a date.

What scenario led to that event.

I've asked, she's seemingly quite honest, but definitely had some bad experiences. I think she's quite "street" and does lack a certain intelligence and maturity. She's physically very attractive. But I dunno, feels like she wants to have sex in the car! haha.

but ultimately, i guess this is the correct conclusion:

Red flags everywhere. Avoid.

Gotta value myself a lot more.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #88 on: October 4, 2022, 10:10:32 am »
That thought had actually crossed my mind, but, she is more paranoid than anything!

I've asked, she's seemingly quite honest, but definitely had some bad experiences. I think she's quite "street" and does lack a certain intelligence and maturity. She's physically very attractive. But I dunno, feels like she wants to have sex in the car! haha.

but ultimately, i guess this is the correct conclusion:

Gotta value myself a lot more.

There's some very strange people around mate and not just on dating apps.

I "met" my hubby online way before the current forms of social media were known. 

We spent 6mths emailing or texting before we actually spoke on the phone and until day we decided to meet up we hadn't even seen a picture of each other.

Neither was looking for a relationship or to meet someone we just clicked over a mutual hobby and the rest, as they say, is history.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #89 on: October 6, 2022, 09:21:07 am »
I think the whole dating scene can be an absolute minefield. I've had a go at Tinder and that but from my own experience you're more likely to meet someone through friends or in the workplace. That said, it depends on you as an individual. I have a good mate who I work with who is older than me (he's 47) and always uses a site called E-Harmony. He has no trouble meeting women, but he's painfully shy around women so he rarely goes past one or two dates.
I've told him before, his problem is he'll meet someone online and try and adapt to suit them, for example on a first date he would go cycling along a canal then for a latte somewhere, when in reality he'd rather just go the pub.

That said, I've got myself into a pickle, like an absolute idiot I've gone and fallen for one of my closest female mates. We've grown really close over the last 14 months and although I'm absolute garbage at reading 'signals', one or two things she's mentioned has got me thinking. The issue is shes absolutely beautiful and I'm an ogre  ;D plus I'd be gutted to ruin a friendship as good as this one.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 6, 2022, 09:44:57 am »
I think the whole dating scene can be an absolute minefield. I've had a go at Tinder and that but from my own experience you're more likely to meet someone through friends or in the workplace. That said, it depends on you as an individual. I have a good mate who I work with who is older than me (he's 47) and always uses a site called E-Harmony. He has no trouble meeting women, but he's painfully shy around women so he rarely goes past one or two dates.
I've told him before, his problem is he'll meet someone online and try and adapt to suit them, for example on a first date he would go cycling along a canal then for a latte somewhere, when in reality he'd rather just go the pub.

That said, I've got myself into a pickle, like an absolute idiot I've gone and fallen for one of my closest female mates. We've grown really close over the last 14 months and although I'm absolute garbage at reading 'signals', one or two things she's mentioned has got me thinking. The issue is shes absolutely beautiful and I'm an ogre  ;D plus I'd be gutted to ruin a friendship as good as this one.

Shoot your shot mate if you feel it is worth going for.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #91 on: October 6, 2022, 10:26:53 am »
There's some very strange people around mate and not just on dating apps.

I "met" my hubby online way before the current forms of social media were known. 

We spent 6mths emailing or texting before we actually spoke on the phone and until day we decided to meet up we hadn't even seen a picture of each other.

Neither was looking for a relationship or to meet someone we just clicked over a mutual hobby and the rest, as they say, is history.

in the world of texting, facetime and email that does seem just really unusual to me. I have never heard of anyone not being able to ask the question of what you look like or send me a picture etc for that long.

Congrats.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #92 on: October 6, 2022, 10:27:44 am »

go for it, if she is single then start making suggestions of more activities that are just the two of you and go from there

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 6, 2022, 02:08:22 pm »

He who dares rodders...

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #94 on: October 6, 2022, 02:18:02 pm »
He who dares rodders...

Indeed. Do let us know if you rodder.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 6, 2022, 02:21:14 pm »
in the world of texting, facetime and email that does seem just really unusual to me. I have never heard of anyone not being able to ask the question of what you look like or send me a picture etc for that long.

Congrats.

There was no facetime or camera phones then so it would have meant sending a picture in the post.

It never felt important to know and eventually it wasnt necessary to know as it didn't matter anyway.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #96 on: October 6, 2022, 02:54:22 pm »
Indeed. Do let us know if you rodder.

And afterwards, if your bits get a little more rodder...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 6, 2022, 03:46:21 pm »
Cannot remember the last time I asked someone out.     To scared of rejection   All the relationships I’ve had they have made all the running.    I

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #98 on: October 6, 2022, 05:09:43 pm »
There was no facetime or camera phones then so it would have meant sending a picture in the post.

It never felt important to know and eventually it wasnt necessary to know as it didn't matter anyway.

It sounds great but the whole thing creates so many more questions for me. It all seems so unusual to not even know what the other person looks like for six whole months.

Twice divorced and three time married so its not like my methods were all that sound.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #99 on: October 6, 2022, 05:11:10 pm »
Cannot remember the last time I asked someone out.     To scared of rejection   All the relationships I’ve had they have made all the running.    I

All normal emotions.

It's harder when you are younger I think as you just don't know anything. Thats why date apps take all the stigma out of it. All the ladies on there want to be asked out. Once you dip your toe in the water it will all feel so much easier.

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 6, 2022, 05:23:57 pm »

Unlike all those who say to go an do it, I will tell you not to jump the gun. You have to first evaluate your friendship with this gal before going for it. Once the genie is out of the bottle, you can't get it back in. If she rejects you, your friendship is over, since you can't be friends with someone you have feelings for, it will end up hurting you even more. So if you are not sure but you are willing to risk your friendship with her and live without her in case of rejection, then by all means, go for it.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 7, 2022, 07:21:51 am »
It sounds great but the whole thing creates so many more questions for me. It all seems so unusual to not even know what the other person looks like for six whole months.

Twice divorced and three time married so its not like my methods were all that sound.

I think that's quite sad although I suppose it was a totally different world then.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: October 7, 2022, 10:56:46 am »
Never done online dating, i'm glad i missed that, sounds frustrating and to much hassle from reading the posts in here.

I met my Other Half at a Sushi Bar in Orange County, she was sat next to me at the Sushi counter, overhead me talking and said she liked my accent, bumped into her that same night twice more at a couple of bars, ended up swapping numbers, swapped texts for a few weeks then finally met up again.

Been together almost 11 years and have 2 Daughters.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #103 on: October 8, 2022, 02:27:35 am »
Never done online dating, i'm glad i missed that, sounds frustrating and to much hassle from reading the posts in here.

I met my Other Half at a Sushi Bar in Orange County, she was sat next to me at the Sushi counter, overhead me talking and said she liked my accent, bumped into her that same night twice more at a couple of bars, ended up swapping numbers, swapped texts for a few weeks then finally met up again.

That's wonderful mate.  8)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2022, 03:58:14 am »

That's wonderful. Unfortunately, this rarely happens nowadays and some of us have an accent that women run away from upon hearing.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2022, 03:15:37 pm »

There's been good points made for both sides (there isn't really a single 'right' way to proceed with dating as it's all intuition and feelings). I think what I'd add is to ask yourself how you'd end up coping if you kept quiet and she met someone else and started a long term relationship - would you forever wonder 'what if' ? The chance to act doesn't hang around forever.

-----------------------------------------

I'm glad to be out of the dating game - 3 years attached (today in fact). I had one very LTR in my 20s then spent my 30s having a string of terrible dates (almost all online) and a couple of short-term things that fizzled out after a year. at most.

There were some mad women in amongst that lot - the slavery-denier that wanted a 'first date' to be a mucky weekend in Nottingham  probably tops the list - but the online experience is mostly a bit of a grind, I found. You can think you've met someone amazing and then bang - you never hear from them again, you take that knock to your confidence and feel like you're back at square one.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2022, 10:28:44 pm »
That's wonderful. Unfortunately, this rarely happens nowadays and some of us have an accent that women run away from upon hearing.
American Women love a British accent, it's a Jedi mind trick of sorts on them from my experience. :D

My previous partner is American as well, it was a icebreaker with her as well.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #107 on: November 3, 2022, 10:22:04 am »
Mad the amount of catfishes out there man. I mean, im not the best looking, but I think people really believe theyre perfect, then you meet up, and where did these 4 chins come from? yeah. gonna give up and just do life. dates cost money.

might go to america and try my luck! haha.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #108 on: November 3, 2022, 10:25:41 am »
Mad the amount of catfishes out there man. I mean, im not the best looking, but I think people really believe theyre perfect, then you meet up, and where did these 4 chins come from? yeah. gonna give up and just do life. dates cost money.

might go to america and try my luck! haha.

I cant fathom why you're not having the best dating luck :D :duh
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #109 on: November 3, 2022, 10:33:38 am »
I cant fathom why you're not having the best dating luck :D :duh

haha! cheers!

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 4, 2022, 12:56:40 pm »
I'm going to miss the bump from your posts.

But good luck in your future endeavours out of the online dating scene.

Online Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: November 4, 2022, 04:21:57 pm »
American Women love a British accent, it's a Jedi mind trick of sorts on them from my experience. :D

My previous partner is American as well, it was a icebreaker with her as well.

Been years since the accent did me any good!I Might have to try some of this.

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2022, 12:17:40 am »

So i ended up having some car frolicks with this girl. turns out, she is very very nice. She's going through cancer stuff right now, so cant really commit to relationships etc. Everyone's got a story eh. She said she made £18k on Crypto though. Doubt this will go far, but kind of knew it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 12:44:32 pm by sattapaartridge »

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2022, 09:06:49 am »
So i ended up having some car frolicks with this girl. turns out, she is very very nice. She's going through cancer stuff right now, so cant really commit to relationships etc. Everyone's got a story eh. She said she made £18k on Crypto though. Doubt this will go far, but kind of knew it.

Glad you persevered. Sounds like a great dating adventure.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2023, 05:42:04 pm »
Brace yourselves

Match’s Hinge Tests $60 Plan for ‘Motivated Daters’
  • Dating app sees new opportunity for fast-growing Gen-Z users
  • Tinder is testing user interest in new $500 monthly plan

ByMichael Tobin
January 17, 2023 at 9:00 AM ESTUpdated onJanuary 17, 2023 at 9:39 AM EST
Listen to this article
2:11
Follow the authors
+ Get alerts forMichael Tobin
In this article
MTCH
MATCH GROUP INC
47.01USD+0.88+1.91%
SPX
S&P 500
3,989.87USD-9.22-0.23%
Match Group Inc.’s dating app Hinge is rolling out a new subscription tier that could cost as much as $60 a month, betting that the platform’s fast-growing segment of Gen-Z users will see it as a worthwhile investment.

The new premium level, which is being tested at $50-$60 a month, will be a significant increase over the current paid version of $35 a month and will be introduced globally in the first quarter. It will offer Hinge’s “highly motivated daters” enhanced features to boost their exposure. The people that subscribers “like” will be seen faster by other users and the offering will provide better recommendations of profiles Hinge thinks the user will be most interested in. The company confirmed details of the new offering on Tuesday.

Hinge has become a standout property in Match’s family of dozens of dating apps, which includes Tinder and OkCupid. The app expanded into new European markets like Italy, France and Germany and revenue has jumped 42% to an estimated $285 million in 2022, according to the company. Hinge reported revenue of $25 per paying user in the third quarter of last year, up from just over $20 in the prior year.

“We still have a lot more countries to go, and we will continue to roll out new markets and that should drive growth for Hinge over the next few years,” Match Chief Executive Officer Bernard Kim said on the company’s third-quarter earnings call.

Match is also testing user interest in a version of Tinder that would be priced at roughly $500 a month, allowing them to join a waitlist if the version becomes available, the company confirmed.

Match teased the new Hinge tier in the last earnings report, saying it would be targeted at its “most intentioned users,” who have a “higher propensity to pay.” Along with global expansion, the company expects the new paid tier to bring in at least $100 million of direct revenue in 2023.

Dallas, Texas-based Match struggled last year as a choppy economic environment and a strong dollar weighed on earnings overseas. Match shares slumped 69% in 2022, making it the second-worst performing company in the S&P 500, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Match is scheduled to report fourth-quarter results on Jan. 31. The shares were little changed at $46.14 Tuesday morning in New York.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-17/match-s-hinge-rolls-out-60-subscription-for-motivated-daters

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2023, 06:11:18 pm »
I wouldn't spend 60 bucks on a date nevermind a dating app.

Hence why I'm still single  ;D
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2023, 07:11:51 pm »
I wouldn't spend 60 bucks on a date nevermind a dating app.

Hence why I'm still single  ;D

App dating is like trawler fishing

Its insane. I used to cast my net with the approach that I will pretty much date anything (female) with a pulse. Had some truly shit dates, but some great experiences too. I would enjoy the company as often as not, vene if there would be no romantic future afterwards.

Cant imagine who would pay more than 50 bucks a month though

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2023, 07:38:54 pm »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2023, 06:07:30 am »

Been years since the accent did me any good!I Might have to try some of this.

orl de goils luv un oirish aaahcent tow

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2023, 01:52:34 pm »
was gonna have a date tonight, but this girl was being really weird.

her: "hey lets go out!"
me: "sure lets go, where shall we go?"
her: "i can only do twickenham"
me: "okay, can you switch to richmond? otherwise i have to drive"
her: "no, richmond is hard for me"
me: "cos it isnt for me? haha, okay i'll drive, therefore i can only have one drink!"
her: "okay, im not drinking anyway i have an ear infection, im on anti-biotics"
me: "oh man, hope its getting better, where shall we go?"
her: "twickenham"
me: "okay i'll meet you at the wetherspoons at 6.30?"
her: "OMG CANT I CHOOSE THE PLACE?"
me: "erm of course, i was just trying to be useful!"
her: "why is this so hard?!"
me: "hahahahah! wtf. I'm coming to you."
her: "anyway theres no point if you can only stay for one drink, maybe some other time"
me: "shit weather anyway"

MY GOD WOMAN! I'm being really really hospitable considering all the hurdles you're making me jump over. I don't quite get the inflexibility in location either. Takes me 2 hours to get to Twickenham via train, or £30 uber. Man. This shit aint worth it.