Author Topic: **SPOILERS** Star Wars: The Force Awakens **SPOILERS** Now with genuine spoilers  (Read 103024 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
More than likely. Luke did train Kylo so plenty of time for him to take the helmet from Luke, specially when Luke went into hiding.
not just the helmet. When he takes off his helmet when with Rey, he puts on a table covered small rubble and ash, presumably from the Vader funeral pire.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
Oh, and this is first time Han has used Chewies rifle? - GTF
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Loved it, but does anyone else think Rey is covering a few too many roles? I mean she's like Luke, Leia and Han Solo rolled into one...
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Oh, and this is first time Han has used Chewies rifle? - GTF
maybe he just got an upgrade. But really it was to show how powerful it was,-and in turn explain why Kylo didn't easily defeat Finn and Rey.

Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
maybe he just got an upgrade. But really it was to show how powerful it was,-and in turn explain why Kylo didn't easily defeat Finn and Rey.

Sure but 30+ years of being partners and theres never been a nothing going on day where Han is like - Giz a go of yer rifle chewie la- go on, it looks boss, giz a go!

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
Sure but 30+ years of being partners and theres never been a nothing going on day where Han is like - Giz a go of yer rifle chewie la- go on, it looks boss, giz a go!

It's not real you know.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan

Well they seem to spend a lot of time aboard small spacecraft and at spaceports, so they probably don't get a lot of opportunities for casual gunplay.

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
This is Star Wars VII , when we were growing up we were never told it would never happen, was looking forward to it , enjoyed it , its not perfect but u know neither was , ANH or Return . It was still enjoyable like them . Didnt read any preview or visit the thread here before I saw it . Was lifting after the movie and I couldnt wait to hit this spoiler only thread . I enjoy reading those tedious debates , its great fun . Whats annoying is I know loads others are the same but for petes sake is 16 pages on a massive movie event and people are still popping asking questions that have been answered three times over .

Another I noticed is people like me in their 30s love it , the young uns who have been bombarded with advertisments love it but the late teens early 20s dont seen too bothered , eps I to III maybe or they just arent in to it .
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
Didn't diminish on a second viewing in the space of a week! I love it. A lot of my friends were annoyed there were so many nods to ANH. I thought it was absolutely deliberate. As I'm sure others have said it was a safe and familiar way to introduce new characters, who were the stars of the show anyway, into the existing universe.

If I could raise one tiny tiny gripe though - which was that Rey could understand both BB8 and Chewie perfectly, and Finn couldn't, and they didn't offer any explanation as to why?
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
Didn't diminish on a second viewing in the space of a week! I love it. A lot of my friends were annoyed there were so many nods to ANH. I thought it was absolutely deliberate. As I'm sure others have said it was a safe and familiar way to introduce new characters, who were the stars of the show anyway, into the existing universe.

If I could raise one tiny tiny gripe though - which was that Rey could understand both BB8 and Chewie perfectly, and Finn couldn't, and they didn't offer any explanation as to why?

Maybe she's been in contact with droids or Wookies and she's a fast learner. That or she used The Force.  ;)
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
She is a Jedi and he is a toilet cleaner....

She can also fly and fix the Falcon, despite not even knowing which ship it was....
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
Well they seem to spend a lot of time aboard small spacecraft and at spaceports, so they probably don't get a lot of opportunities for casual gunplay.

Its not real you know

We only ever saw about 5 hours worth of their 30+ years together so I would suspect we haven't seen anywhere near the kind of off time they may have had

How about after a successful smuggling mission ...... paid handsomely and they decide to have say a short camping trip somewhere?

You are seriously telling me that on that basis, they wouldn't fire off a few rounds?

What about in some kind of battle with Imperials or First Order or New order (Hooky is notoriously arsey), Han didn't loose his side arm and need to use Chewies rifle

What about after evading capture by some no mark bounty hunter sent by Jabba or someone else they messed up for (3 that we know off so far - Jabba and the 2 from Force Awakens), they didn't celebrate somewhere with a 'fuck yeah' - fuck those bounty hunter scum and pop off a few rounds

You clearly know nothing about  stuck up, half witted scruffy looking nerf herders

Grow up - Life isn't all telegraphed future plot devices

Just Lolz like
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 11:15:41 pm by Igor Tripod Biscan »

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Disappointed. J.J. Abrams brought it to life with a great balance between CGI and real life acting, which was very enjoyable and something GL is shit at. Also it had the OT humour, Finn and Rey come across actual human, something the prequels failed badly at. Han and Chewie being back was boss.  However the story was poor imo. New Hope rip off, which lead it to being predictable. Finn and Ray seem interesting enough, the new bad guys were boring.

And how the fuck can a Jedi who was trained by Luke, destroyed the new Jedi, trained by the new Lord of Sith be easily defeated by an untrained force scavenger and a stormtrooper?

Also at the end of ROTJ, we see Yoda, good anakin and Obi Wan all chilling together in the force. Surley they could have reached out to Kylo? They wouldn't have made Luke give up etc...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 01:20:07 am by OOS »
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Noticed on second viewing when Kylo Ren is reading Rey's mind he notes she is thinking of an ocean with a green island in it, which probably adds more credence to Rey as Luke's daughter, as she probably grew up there

Quote from: OOS link=topic=324543.msg14352706#msg14352706
date=1451261791
And how the fuck can a Jedi who was trained by Luke, destroyed the new Jedi, trained by the new Lord of Sith be easily defeated by an untrained force scavenger and a stormtrooper?

Isn't he injured beforehand by Chewbacca shooting him, hence the blood dripping him out of him when he meets Finn and Rey in the woods

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Isn't he injured beforehand by Chewbacca shooting him, hence the blood dripping him out of him when he meets Finn and Rey in the woods

Exactly, it's no co-incidence they showed Chewie's weapon being really powerful on three separate occasions before he shot Kylo Ren with it. Not to mention him limping off the bridge after Han was gone, the camera panning down to show his blood on the ground and him repeatedly angrily hitting himself where he was wounded. If anything they've made it too obvious and people are still questioning it all over the place.
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline OOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Exactly, it's no co-incidence they showed Chewie's weapon being really powerful on three separate occasions before he shot Kylo Ren with it. Not to mention him limping off the bridge after Han was gone, the camera panning down to show his blood on the ground and him repeatedly angrily hitting himself where he was wounded. If anything they've made it too obvious and people are still questioning it all over the place.

I understand that, but he's meant to be this big new bad guy. Just think they forced it too much to be like a New Hope, Solo dying like Obi Wan, both killers feeling at peace with their past and so both good and bad can fight another day.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
I understand that, but he's meant to be this big new bad guy. Just think they forced it too much to be like a New Hope, Solo dying like Obi Wan, both killers feeling at peace with their past and so both good and bad can fight another day.

Snoke is the big bad guy, they say in the film that Kylo hasn't even completed his training yet. Physically and mentally Kylo was all over the place, and even then he still tore Finn to shreds
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

I think its too early to make this kind of statement, you have to take the 4,5,6 in it's entirety to fully appreciate it. I think we need to see how 7,8,9 pan out to appreciate them. Besides Kylo hasn't even completed most of his training and Luke stopped training him halfway through because he was seduced by the dark side.

Offline OOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think its too early to make this kind of statement, you have to take the 4,5,6 in it's entirety to fully appreciate it. I think we need to see how 7,8,9 pan out to appreciate them. Besides Kylo hasn't even completed most of his training and Luke stopped training him halfway through because he was seduced by the dark side.

I think that's my biggest gripe with the film. It seems so much like a New Hope.

I bloody love Finn and Rey though. JJ has brought them to life in a way George Lucas can't/ won't. What made OT special to me was the characters, and 7,8,9 overall looks promising. Prequels had an interesting enough story and themes, but poorly executed. Just hope this isn't the reverse.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 01:34:26 am by OOS »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It did feel like a throwback to a New Hope and somewhat same story line, which is why I think it resonated so much with people. It kinda felt like seeing Star Wars again with kinda the same characters but new. Unlike the 1,2,3 which was manufactured in neon and doused in piss.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There's a parody twitter account of Kylo Ren btw it's ok , good for a minor laugh or 2

https://twitter.com/kyloR3n

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
Was thinking maybe each of the new films will focus on one of the original cast, meaning Leia will get the screen time come episode 3.
Certainly hope not. TFA did a great job introducing the new cast - it would be counterproductive IMO to suddenly get anchored back to 4,5,6. Some screen time with Leia and Luke surely, talking about Han, the Republic after the destruction of the Death Star II but only to set Rey, Finn, Po and BB8 on their way.

Anybody noticed Leia sitting down after sensing Han's death in her son's hand, a throwback to Yoda when the Jedi were getting massacred?
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Any chance Han could've survived?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
Falling into an inferno of star power and a total annihilation of the planet while having a hole cauterised into his innards? Yes of course. :P
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Falling into an inferno of star power and a total annihilation of the planet while having a hole cauterised into his innards? Yes of course. :P

Hey, if Darth Maul can be resurrected with half his body missing... :P
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Noticed on second viewing when Kylo Ren is reading Rey's mind he notes she is thinking of an ocean with a green island in it, which probably adds more credence to Rey as Luke's daughter, as she probably grew up there

I thought that is the island Luke is on, which would mean Kylo now knows it too....

Killed three times - stabbed, fall, planet blown up. That's nearly ritualistic in its totality. No.

Seem to remember there were issues with getting Harrison Ford to feature in the new films anyway? Maybe they wanted to make clear he was only in one of them.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Hmmm..

I'm not so sure...

He falls, yes, but where does he land?  And where does chewy go afterwards?
Yes, he gets the falcon, but what's to say he didn't save Han in some way.
Han might want Kylo to believe him dead...

Probably is dead mind you...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
Anyone read/reading or listened/listening to the book?

I got it on audio yesterday. Is very good. A little more back story and stuff.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
She is a Jedi and he is a toilet cleaner....

She can also fly and fix the Falcon, despite not even knowing which ship it was....
I mean despite the fact that she's Force sensitive, she's been living in right next to a market place where there are bound to be a ton of different languages and beings. I'm sure she could pick up things from that since she's been there for so long. She's dealing with junk dealers from all over I'm sure. There were plenty of droids around too.

She can probably fix most ships since she spends so much of her days in giant old cruisers looking for parts to sell. She has to know what she's looking for doesn't she? The Falcon is still a ship and has similar mechanics to every other ship in the galaxy. Her knowing how to work it isn't one in a million. It's just that she knows how ships work.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone read/reading or listened/listening to the book?

I got it on audio yesterday. Is very good. A little more back story and stuff.
Always a fan of Star Wars novelizations :) The extra backstory and such is great. The novelization of Ep III by Matthew Stover in particular is brilliant. Deffo my favorite movie turned novel. Hits on so many points that George Lucas misses in the film.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Snoke is the big bad guy, they say in the film that Kylo hasn't even completed his training yet. Physically and mentally Kylo was all over the place, and even then he still tore Finn to shreds

Plus mate, Kylo's not meant to kill Rey - just capture her and take her to Snoke.

He has shown a lack of confidence in that Rey resisted his mind probe and actually got mind-probed himself. This may have have taken him aback somewhat as well as his petulance displays earlier, him admitting the Light was calling to him, he'd just killed his dad, the injury from Chewy's powerful bowcaster, and Fin glanced him in the shoulder with a saber, plus he seemingly has some work-place issues with with Hux, and was probably aware his new base was getting blown to shit before they could blow the Resistance up.

Then, this girl who's escaped and been a pain in the ass a fair few times, who his boss has taken a personal interest in, is about to be beaten/captured - but then lets the Force in and starts to kicks his ass in a saber fight on her first go.

He probably wishes he'd stayed in bed that day ;)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 12:19:23 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
lets say rey is lukes kid. how has lukes relaitionship with the mother and  instinct to protect his daughter not turned him to the dark side i wonder like we seen with anakin. would be disappointed if she is lukes as it just throws part of what makes the jedi mythology so interesting.

yeah that was the nerdiest thing i've ever typed
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
lets say rey is lukes kid. how has lukes relaitionship with the mother and  instinct to protect his daughter not turned him to the dark side i wonder like we seen with anakin. would be disappointed if she is lukes as it just throws part of what makes the jedi mythology so interesting.

yeah that was the nerdiest thing i've ever typed

My take is that Rey and her mother are fleeing from the Knights Of Ren / First Order on a ship and it's not looking good so the mother lands on Jakku, hides the kid there (hoping she can get back to Rey later), but the ship is then blown up before she can tell anyone she hid Rey on Jakku - and so naturally Luke assumes both his wife and daughter are dead. This is why Rey has memories of being dumped on Jakku with a promise of her family coming back for her...

and why Luke is standing at a gravestone in the end few scenes in TFA (his wife's - Rey's mother's)

Only a longwinded guess, mind.

Luke could have certainly gone to a dark place - maybe even the Dark Side for a time - perhaps that's why he isolated himself from others?
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
My take is that Rey and her mother are fleeing from the Knights Of Ren / First Order on a ship and it's not looking good so the mother lands on Jakku, hides the kid there (hoping she can get back to Rey later), but the ship is then blown up before she can tell anyone she hid Rey on Jakku - and so naturally Luke assumes both his wife and daughter are dead. This is why Rey has memories of being dumped on Jakku with a promise of her family coming back for her...

and why Luke is standing at a gravestone in the end few scenes in TFA (his wife's - Rey's mother's)

Only a longwinded guess, mind.

Luke could have certainly gone to a dark place - maybe even the Dark Side for a time - perhaps that's why he isolated himself from others?
Yeah I wouldn't say the dark side but probably a dark place and you sense that he blames himself for a lot that went on ( probably rightly so as he was such a late learner should he have been meddling in teaching young Jedi s ) . Who his wife or mother of Rey I wonder will it actually have any bearing on plot . Plus will Hamill the actor be able to pull off his duties in the next two . He did look a little rough .

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
Luke going dark side to fight the inner demons sounds plausible. It's the other side of the same coin, probably looking for a way to redeem or understand Kylo.

Luke going dark side as a plot device smells of EU desperation. He has seen how it destroyed his father and the people around him, embracing it is a slippery slope. Redeemed by love? It killed his mother that Anakin loved above all things. Kylo consumed by the dark side killed his own father. The only difference is that Anakin saw Luke as his chance at redemption and making right all the wrong - a hope he thought lost when Padme died.

edit: What I am trying to say is that EP8,9 cannot get too convoluted in the next 3.5 hours of film - they have some time for philosophies on the Force (ie. Obi-wan, Yoda to Luke) but not a full course of debate on the good and evil of the nature. In the end, EP4,5,6 was about collective effort of the Rebels to defeat the Empire compared to a one-person wrecking crew.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 01:37:06 pm by Sheev-Clementine mouldering in a stocking »

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah I wouldn't say the dark side but probably a dark place and you sense that he blames himself for a lot that went on ( probably rightly so as he was such a late learner should he have been meddling in teaching young Jedi s ) . Who his wife or mother of Rey I wonder will it actually have any bearing on plot . Plus will Hamill the actor be able to pull off his duties in the next two . He did look a little rough .

He's done plenty of acting in recent years, especially voice work, but if you've seen any video of him recording he's still very energetic (you have to be to play the joker!)
Plus it was hardly the optimal 30 seconds to show range! "Stand on a hill and look pensive".
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
I've watched loads of reviews on YouTube of people who didn't like it and I even agree with a few of their criticisms, but I still enjoy the movie like Hell.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
My understanding though was having a relationship with someone was against the jedi way. Like yoda says the fear of loss leads to the dark side and anakins repeatedly warned to distance himself from his feelings towards padme. I dont know how they'd just brush lukes relationship with someone to one side. Like its a key part of the story as a whole from episode 1 to now. Jedi cant have kids without turning evil
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
He's done plenty of acting in recent years, especially voice work, but if you've seen any video of him recording he's still very energetic (you have to be to play the joker!)
Plus it was hardly the optimal 30 seconds to show range! "Stand on a hill and look pensive".
Oh I know his busy but only seen him in  Kingsman but having just watched it once my gut thoughts was oh he looks a little flabby and  rough . But my mind is probably comparing him to the elegant figure of Alex Guinness too .

I hope he hasn't been turned cause there was something  reasuring about the goodness of Luke and thats what brought Vader back and surely with Yoda Vader and Obi Wan in his ear he wouldnt turn .

The next one will be real dark wont it .

Remember the empires Red Guards in ROTJ when he lands on the cruiser I wonder will the knights of Ren  be like that , they looked cool in that scene

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Do we even know he is looking at a gravestone? Looked more like a rock jutting out near the edge of a cliff than a grave.