Author Topic: **SPOILERS** Star Wars: The Force Awakens **SPOILERS** Now with genuine spoilers  (Read 103021 times)

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan

Anyone know where the last bit was filmed? Hebrides?

just off the coast of kerry. skellig micheal.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

My wife nudged me and told me that. She used to live there, and would take walks on the exact same cliff.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks! Thought it must be further north, because of the massive thickness of the walls. Looks great :)

My wife nudged me and told me that. She used to live there, and would take walks on the exact same cliff.
Bet she's got the force too ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
We know who Rey's mom is then.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
Going for the 2nd time tomorrow!
@TomNJones on Twitter

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Oh, just wonderful....

They nailed it.... They nailed it so much there was no real need for Han Chewy and Leia...

A new Jedi rises, and (I suspect) a new superstar too..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
this is dead interesting

George Lucas talking about how he feels now that Star Wars no longer belongs to him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8hQVlRgFlU
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
this is dead interesting

George Lucas talking about how he feels now that Star Wars no longer belongs to him

He kinda implies the "it's about the characters, no the spaceships" line, (ironic, given how the opposite seemed to happen in the prequels) and how what he wanted to do was follow that but Disney didn't want to.

Still, he gave it up and stayed put from messing with TFA, which merits credit.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Went for a second viewing today and only just picked up on the fact that when Rey closes her eyes when she's fighting Ren and she starts to feel the force, you can hear (I think it's) Luke, saying something and then ending with Jedi.

It's incredibly faint but there's something there.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Went for a second viewing today and only just picked up on the fact that when Rey closes her eyes when she's fighting Ren and she starts to feel the force, you can hear (I think it's) Luke, saying something and then ending with Jedi.

It's incredibly faint but there's something there.
A lots been made of her finding the force herself... Why not?

Didn't happen to Luke, why should she be the same..

I didn't hear the voice and think it was Luke, I assumed she was saying it to herself...

I must say she was a sensational lead for the film.... Carried it with authority..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
this is dead interesting

Well it doesn't. He sold it for like $4b

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Well it doesn't. He sold it for like $4b
And what's worse, he undersold it....

Disney had made their $4bn back well before this film opened...

Ouch...
W

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
And what's worse, he undersold it....

Disney had made their $4bn back well before this film opened...

Ouch...

Not arsed. He won't go short

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Pretty sure he gave all the money to charity to be fair to him.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
I must admit that tears did well up at two points ....

Firstly when the opening credits rolled and the music kicked in ...

And then towards the end when she used the force to retrieve her light saber and the old Star Wars incidental music played....

My son loved it too, and sat through the whole thing with his swing squadron jacket on and huge fuck off Yoda ears...
W

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Was hilarious when I watched it. My girlfriend suggested we go watch it, and i'm more than happy to go see it as I was planning anyway.

Solo dies and she doesn't react, we get all the way to end there's Luke and we come out of the theater and she goes "How is the man at the end?" I go "What? That's Luke!" she's like "Who is that?"

She hadn't seen any of the other movies

:duh

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Was hilarious when I watched it. My girlfriend suggested we go watch it, and i'm more than happy to go see it as I was planning anyway.

Solo dies and she doesn't react, we get all the way to end there's Luke and we come out of the theater and she goes "How is the man at the end?" I go "What? That's Luke!" she's like "Who is that?"

She hadn't seen any of the other movies

:duh
Looked more like Oliver Reed in gladiator to be fair...
W

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Looked more like Oliver Reed in gladiator to be fair...

;D I've seen Mark Hamill in a few things recently so knew what to expect ;)

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
Just came back from it. I haven't read anything about it so this is most likely the 110th time this has been mentioned.

• It felt a lot like a remake/reboot of Episode IV
• It was camp
• It was very Star Wars
• I fucking loved it
• I've only cried twice from films before. The tears were rolling down on I think five occasions, and then on the way back from the theatre.

Fuck, I accidentally posted this in the film thread for a second. Should be gone now.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Watched it for the 5th time today. Notice something new every time :)

Have a huge crush on Daisy Ridley now  :P

Rey has got to be Luke's daughter. Read somewhere that in the TFA mobile game (at least I think it was a mobile game, not sure) there's a line from Kylo Ren that goes, "Fight me, cousin."

Lot of people with tears in their eyes at the theatre. Was an amazing experience each time.

I cried when I saw the opening crawl for the first time :D It's crazy how it can make grown men react like that
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
The line is "Fight me, curses"

Doesn't mean she isn't Miss Skywalker

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I must admit that tears did well up at two points ....

Firstly when the opening credits rolled and the music kicked in ...

And then towards the end when she used the force to retrieve her light saber and the old Star Wars incidental music played....

The best 2 parts of the film no doubt.

I remember at the opening scrawl everyone was literally leaning forward or standing, and some recording on their phones. Its essentially the most anticipated part of the movie, what the hell has been happening for the last 30 yrs!

The ending was brilliant too, almost Messianic.

Anyone think that was a grave Luke was standing next to?
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
The best 2 parts of the film no doubt.

I remember at the opening scrawl everyone was literally leaning forward or standing, and some recording on their phones. Its essentially the most anticipated part of the movie, what the hell has been happening for the last 30 yrs!

The ending was brilliant too, almost Messianic.

Anyone think that was a grave Luke was standing next to?

Yes, seen the movie three times now and I'd say that was a grave. It's either his wife or, and this is my crazy long shot theory, the rest of Anakin/Vader. When he found Kylo Ren had the helmet, he went back and got what he could.
We are Liverpool!

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
Was your wife a monk 1000 years ago? ;D

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Finally went to see it today and ON MY FUCKING ACTUAL, I loved it, the old battle ships in the sand was just beyond brilliant, I nearly had a tear when Han & Chewie turned up, I had a proper jaw open moment when it was revealed who Kylo Ren is.

I was I little disappointed with Luke's part, thought there might of been another 20 minutes of the film left and can someone please tell me how they got hold of Vaders mask being as its set some year later

Offline Lucas DuoFlush

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Poulsy back!
Very good film in the safe hands of JJ Abrams. My problem was it felt too safe. Boyega is brilliant as Fin, Daisy is great as Rey, Oscar Isaacs felt slightly underused but he's a quality actor so I hope to see more about Po in the 2nd film. Was thinking maybe each of the new films will focus on one of the original cast, meaning Leia will get the screen time come episode 3.

Major disappointment I had with it was the destruction of the Order's planet. It would have made a great looming threat for the future films. There again, that might have mirrored the originals too much.
"Bos non modo animal, sed etiam mater" Lordanem Henderson

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
I was I little disappointed with Luke's part, thought there might of been another 20 minutes of the film left and can someone please tell me how they got hold of Vaders mask being as its set some year later

I'm guessing Luke kept Vader's body and clothing after the events of ROTJ, only for Kylo Ren to steal the helmet after betraying Luke and his family. To be honest it was just there to show Ren's motivations and insert some nostalgia, so I don't think the how matters much.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
I'm guessing Luke kept Vader's body and clothing after the events of ROTJ, only for Kylo Ren to steal the helmet after betraying Luke and his family. To be honest it was just there to show Ren's motivations and insert some nostalgia, so I don't think the how matters much.
Vader was cremated at the end of ROTJ
W

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
Went to see it today and I'm undecided. I wondered how some of the old cast would make it through the filming time frame of three new films, so I'm not surprised that at least one won't. I saw the Solo scene coming a mile away, but I was and still am gutted.

I kind of like Finn and the fact that the troopers are no longer clones, but taken from their families in a way similar to the Jedi were.

I think I need to see it again to decide if I like the film as a whole. It is better than the prequels, but it is maybe too similar to ANH. Really not sure about the giant hologram parts!

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Vader was cremated at the end of ROTJ

Ah yeah I totally forgot! Then I guess the helmet didn't burn so Luke kept it?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ah yeah I totally forgot! Then I guess the helmet didn't burn so Luke kept it?

More than likely. Luke did train Kylo so plenty of time for him to take the helmet from Luke, specially when Luke went into hiding.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
I've seen it and love it. I want to take my 4 year old son, but considering it's a 12A is that a bit wrong?
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Shite Name

• Kopite
More than likely. Luke did train Kylo so plenty of time for him to take the helmet from Luke, specially when Luke went into hiding.

Hopefully it will be explain how he come to have it.

I like the silver stormtrooper aswell, it would be good if she had more of a roll on n the next film.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan

I kind of like Finn and the fact that the troopers are no longer clones, but taken from their families in a way similar to the Jedi were.

Stormtroopers were always this, the clone troopers were only in the prequels

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
I've seen it and love it. I want to take my 4 year old son, but considering it's a 12A is that a bit wrong?

My 5 (turned 5 last week) niece saw it yesterday and was fine.

Depends on the child though - if they scare easily or can tell the difference between real and fake. Her friend from school really got upset when Han died
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Shite Name

• Kopite

Yes, the earlier he sees it, the longer he'll have to love it b

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
Stormtroopers were always this, the clone troopers were only in the prequels

Are you sure? I thought the army of the Empire was the same army created by Palpatine?

Edit: Just researched this and it is the case. No recollection of this ever being mentioned in any of the films!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 08:20:39 pm by Kage »

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
I say this as an firm OG Star Wars fan - Had almost every toy up until Return (had grown out of it by then), I consumed everything Star Wars I could, (even struggled through Splinter of the minds eye at 7 years old) but I only just got this recently

Luke grew up in a rural community and dreamed of adventures far away

As did Lucas apparently

Luke - Lucas

Didn't see it before and I imagine that its been written about many times before but Luke - Lucas - Y'know - Luke.....and ....like ....Lucas ...LUKE - AS

So...

Ok then

See you later
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Are you sure? I thought the army of the Empire was the same army created by Palpatine?

Edit: Just researched this and it is the case. No recollection of this ever being mentioned in any of the films!

They couldn't mention it retrospectively could they?

Actually ignore that. With the amount of fiddling of 4, 5 and 6 they could easily have put something in!!

It did get mentioned in the Rebels cartoon show.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
Saw it today and loved it. Thankfully so much better than the prequels and i think can stand alongside the 3 originals. Good story, some great nostalgia and a nice shock in Han dying.

The ONLY thing that i came out kind of bummed about was the CGI. I fucking hate it. It always looks total shite. Just fucking leave it until the technology is better. Such a gut punch when Snoke turned up looking like some kind of goblin king from of the awful Hobbit movies.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp