Author Topic: **SPOILERS** Star Wars: The Force Awakens **SPOILERS** Now with genuine spoilers  (Read 103024 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Heard someone mention that Rey may well be Kylo's sister and the daughter of Han & Leia, sounds as plausible as any.

Think she's most likely Luke's daughter hence the lightsaber choosing her

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

Yes, followed by Star Wars Episode IX: The Revenge of the Smiths

:lmao :lmao

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
^ I assume you didn't forget that Leia is a Skywalker too.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
Rey has obviously had a very complex and tough life.

She lives in an Imperial Walker and judging by the marks on the wall, she's been there for some considerable time. She scavengers parts from the space ships for bread by the looks of things.

I'm interested to find out back story.

The evidence IMO points to her being Luke's daughter and I'm pretty convinced in my own head she is.

What I'm not getting is the ages though. Who killed her mother? Could of been Ren but looks like Rey was young when given up. I guess we'll find out eventually.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
From another poster over on the originaltrilogy.com:-

(should be interesting to see who - if needs be - gets cast for the role of mother in Episode VIII... seems the male Skywalkers may have a thing for women who look like their mothers!)
Damn is Natalie Portman beautiful. Too bad for her acting on the prequels.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
I think it will be revealed in the next film that Supreme Leader Snoke is Darth Plagueis (as others have said).

My theory is.. we never actually learned the truth about how Anakin Skywalker was conceived - 'it was the will of the force' or something.. but Palpatine states that Darth Plagueis could manipulate the force to create life

So with that in mind, Plagueis set everything in motion by 'creating' Anakin Skywalker, Anakin then fathered Luke & Leia which eventually brings about the downfall of the man who murdered Plagueis in the first place - his apprentice Palpatine.

Anakin's daughter Leia later gave birth to Kylo Ren and Darth Plagueis is then able to return and seduce Kylo Ren to the darkside of the force and takes him as his new apprentice - perhaps that was his intention all along?

It makes some kind of sense anyway.
Interesting. I was also wondering if they may try cloning vader (paranoid of his apprentices turning on him, jangos clones were genetically enhanced to be more loyal), think it was lucas' original idea for 7 unless mistaken along with han and leia having twins with the son turning to the dark side. That would allow kylo to succesfully turn back to the light to defeat vader with rey, completing the transformation his grandfather failed too (so ultimately surpassing him, albeit not in the way he originally intended). Although i doubt they would bring vader back but then again disney + merchandise

lucas always banged on about symmetry for the prequels so i do wonder if kylo is ultimately going to follow a reverse path of Anakin. Would explain why the rebel side were seemingly so overpowered in this film, the future seems more of a struggle for him then rey. 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 09:21:37 am by WillG.LFC »

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
No doubt. I'm glad they changed the script so Poe didn't die early on. Isaac is a pretty fantastic actor, Poe is good character.

Such a shame that he was so underused and when he was used he was basically a 'jolly good egg' character ... Isaac would have been fantastic in a larger role, when he was there he was brilliant. Played it perfectly. And we need to see him and BB8 having more interaction.

I loved it. I thought it was well made, back to the spirit of the OT, and while I understand the criticism of it steering too close to the original Star Wars, it's enough of a departure without feeling like a complete rip off. I don't understand that criticism of it to be honest, ok, another Death Star which seemed easier to get rid of funny enough, and a trench run, but the rest of it I don't see as a rip off at all?

The humour was just right (BB8 thumbs up! The two Stormtroopers stopping and walking away while Kylo went off on one again) and the acting was a million times better than the prequels. I really loved the way they've kept it going that it's about the Skywalker blood line, and Kylo Ren was great.

Only a few things I felt weren't right. Snoke was abysmal. Not remotely threatening, cheesy at times, CGI wasn't great (like they decided last minute to change the way he looks or something?!) and the interaction with him just wasn't great at all.

Hated the way they revealed that Han was Kylo's father, it was just so off hand, although part of me thinks that the conversation with Snoke was added in post production because they were worried they'd already done an 'I am your father' scene with Luke and Vader? It just seemed to rushed and off hand to me. And Gleeson was awful. Not just the accent, but the sneery, school bully acting when he's addressing the troops.

And the whole destruction of 5 planets again, just rushed and off hand. A lot of BIG moments just happen, with no real fanfare, and it's my only gripe. Otherwise, I thought it was great. Love to see where they are going to go now with Kylo and Rey. I'm still intrigued as to why Han shoots Rey a look when she tells him her name. He asked what her name is, and she says 'Rey' and he stops for a second as if he's pondering that choice of name, which made me think either she's his and they hid her so she wouldn't go the way of Ben, OR he knows who's she is. If she was his, it wouldn't explain Leia not knowing, or sensing.

Anyway, great effects, loved the Falcon crash taking off, and the old school nature of it. Also loved Isaac when he was in front of Ren saying 'so what happens, do I talk first or do you?'. Loved that Ren has an interesting back story that will hopefully be much further developed in Episode 8.

I just think Gleeson, Phasma, Snoke were all awful. PHasma criminally underused and a bit cynical for me, because they made so much point of showing her in the trailers and she does nothing (toys?), Snoke wasn't threatening and poor CGI and Gleeson was rubbish (and he was great in Ex Machina).

Overall, loved it. And THAT scene, the way the light went out and Ren said 'will you help me?' then stabs Han? I think it's beautifully done.

Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
He and Chewwie will be flying the Falcon in the next movies.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
He and Chewwie will be flying the Falcon in the next movies.

Poe?

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Interesting. I was also wondering if they may try cloning vader (paranoid of his apprentices turning on him, jangos clones were genetically enhanced to be more loyal), think it was lucas' original idea for 7 unless mistaken along with han and leia having twins with the son turning to the dark side. That would allow kylo to succesfully turn back to the light to defeat vader with rey, completing the transformation his grandfather failed too (so ultimately surpassing him, albeit not in the way he originally intended). Although i doubt they would bring vader back but then again disney + merchandise

lucas always banged on about symmetry for the prequels so i do wonder if kylo is ultimately going to follow a reverse path of Anakin. Would explain why the rebel side were seemingly so overpowered in this film, the future seems more of a struggle for him then rey. 

lucas has no say in what does or doesn't happen any more. They might run things past him or talk about his ideas, but he's got as much decision on what happens as you or I have now.

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
Did anyone else notice E.T being cooked on a BBQ at Maz Kanatas place?

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Seems Disney have already revealed who Rey is in the Disney Infinity 3.0 game.

At one point, Kylo Ren says "Fight me cousin" to Rey.

So it seems that she is a Skywalker, although the game developers may have been taking an educated guess at it.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy

So it seems that she is a Skywalker, although the game developers may have been taking an educated guess at it.

Damn kids. I wrapped that last night. Now I have to wait for them to open it...

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

You think they haven't opened it already when you were out or busy? Just ask them :)

No doubt they have carefully sliced the sellotape, gently slid the present out for the wrapping parer, inspect the present, if enough time have a test go to 'make sure it works', shit, shit, shit 'HE'S BACK!', quickly stuff present back in wrapping paper creasing it all up, bodge sellotape to wrap present, put back where found and deny all knowledge / blame it on dog with a sheepish look on your face... ah... Christmas as a kid :
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Damn is Natalie Portman beautiful. Too bad for her acting on the prequels.

Disappointing wasn't it? Such a good actress in other films though suffered (along with other more experienced decent actors) in this. Lack of direction, script, relentless cgi sets, various tones of the film etc all did for them.

Nice one, cheers for the heads-up on that (you heard the word 'cousin' clearly?). Wonder if someone at the gaming company will be in trouble for that - or it was an adjustment made late in the film itself as to not give us her parentage.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 12:03:24 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
How come Luke looks cooler now than he did in the films where he always looked a bit of a twonk?

Got a beard, innit  8)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nice one, cheers for the heads-up on that (you heard the word 'cousin' clearly?). Wonder if someone at the gaming company will be in trouble for that - or it was an adjustment made late in the film itself as to not give us her parentage.

I haven't played it mate but there's a video floating around which I saw on Facebook earlier and it does sound like "Fight me Cousin" although the Cousin is a bit muffled so may be something completely different.

I'll try and find the article.

EDIT:

Here it is...

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/24/reys-identity-possibly-revealed-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens-d/

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
lucas has no say in what does or doesn't happen any more. They might run things past him or talk about his ideas, but he's got as much decision on what happens as you or I have now.
Didnt say he did :D they did however mention they read all of the old material before writing this script which likely included lucas' versions. Which is seemingly the case as its centred around hans son as lucas' did
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 12:11:32 pm by WillG.LFC »

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
I haven't played it mate but there's a video floating around which I saw on Facebook earlier and it does sound like "Fight me Cousin" although the Cousin is a bit muffled so may be something completely different.

I'll try and find the article.

EDIT:

Here it is...

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/24/reys-identity-possibly-revealed-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens-d/

cheers mate - seems to my crap hearing he says 'Face me' then 'Curses' quickly after, though can understand why somoene thought it was 'cousin' as it makes more sense. Shame that. 'Face me, Curses' - sounds like a Jack Sparrow pirated film! :)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
Good. I don't want to know too much until 8 anyway. Maz told Rey that she's waiting for no one on Jakku, that there is still Luke - which is already a big indicator IMO that she's a Skywalker.

8 should start with her turning on the lightsabre and then go on a little fight with Luke "Why did you abandon me?!".
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
That would be a terrible start, and be completely out of character.

Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Luke and Rey get it on in 8. Then it is revealed that they are closely related in nine. It's the Star Wars way.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
Luke and Rey get it on in 8. Then it is revealed that they are closely related in nine. It's the Star Wars way.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
That would be a terrible start, and be completely out of character.
She's waited for him for years, now her mother is dead and she never said goodbye.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
I left yesterday watching it that Rey was Han & Leia's daughter, hidden away so Ren couldn't find her. Han does go to tell Maz who she is before we cut away.

Not sure on the Luke angle as thought Jedi's were like priests and couldnt marry etc?

Overall thought it was good. Solid. Old School. Not as good as Empire, but then that is nearly a perfect film.

They did under use Poe and the lady stormtropper, but then if they packed more in with them then we would be saying that they didnt focus on Ren, Finn or Kylo Ren.

Still gutted about Han too - but always had a thought of it as Harrison Ford always wanted Solo to die in RotJ if I recall correctly.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
One small thing I noticed upon second viewing, not sure how I missed it but Rey slashed Kylo Ren in the face and it looks like the result will be a nasty scar. Then it cuts to Snoke telling General Hux to get Kylo Ren and bring him to him so he can complete his training.

I think they've purposefully made Kylo Ren a bit of a noob villain in the first one so they can really make him menacing in the next two. He won't look so clean cut anymore with the massive facial scar.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Just watched it today. Fucking amazing, absolutely loved it.

So much great action.

Loved the story.

Looked & sounded sooo good.

Both the new & the old characters were fantastic.

Surprisingly very funny. So many lines I genuinely laughed out loud at. Good stuff... meesa thinks Mr Lucas could learn a thing or 2 from this about how to do comedy right.

Lastly, it had that all important Star Wars feel.

Already can't wait to watch Episode 8...

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
I want to like it as much as you lot but I'm struggling. Thought it was a bit meh. Light years ahead of the last three, of course. Was actually quite glad they killed Han as I thought it was heading towards being totally predictive and that made for a much better second half. Think it will get better in the next two films mind. Maybe it wasn't meh. Think I'll watch it again in a couple of months to test its meh-ness fully.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
Rey to lose an arm in 8? After all her grandfather and father (if she is a Skywalker) lost theirs ;D

Either way, I am thinking that Leia should know who Rey is - she is her brother's twin and is Force sensitive like he is - they probably had a talk with one another before she left to look for Luke?

Poe is certainly underutilised - we would probably see more of him in 8 in place of Han as the wise-cracking flyboy but he needs to be a lot more relaxed and cheeky.

I hope they expand a little on Leia's reaction to Han's death - she seemed to be 'in peace' with it so soon right after the destruction of Starkiller. Still, they have been somewhat estranged since Ben lost his way and turned to the Dark Side.

I want to like it as much as you lot but I'm struggling. Thought it was a bit meh. Light years ahead of the last three, of course. Was actually quite glad they killed Han as I thought it was heading towards being totally predictive and that made for a much better second half. Think it will get better in the next two films mind. Maybe it wasn't meh. Think I'll watch it again in a couple of months to test its meh-ness fully.
I think you need to relax and stop taking the movie as what it is not - a masterpiece of original story telling with throught provoking themes and deep characterisation. Think of it as an adventure film that introduces a whole new saga in the beloved Star Wars universe. Not everything needs to make sense.

To many of us who loved it, a lot of it had to do with recapturing the spirit of what made the old SW trilogies so enjoyable - the adventure, the humour, the unknown, the characters (and their foils) - with updated concepts to please the younger generation who no longer believed that everything is a 'simple good vs evil story'.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Great film.

A few plot holes and things that didn't quite add up. But excellent film

2 main issues:

Snoke cgi. I hate cgi.

And chewy walking straight past leia. Wtf was that about!?!?. Why was she fixated on Rey after all herself chewy and han went through before!. Annoyed the shit out of me that did.

Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan

Still no direct confirmation. The little bastards are playing the Inside Out play set.

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
Just came back from watching it. Brilliant film. :scarf

Rey, Poe and Finn were brilliant. They had total command of their scenes.

But man did Adam Driver deliver, he totally sold "Kylo Ren" to me.
That scene with Han on the bridge was brilliant and you could tell that the thing he was afraid to do was to kill his father.

With Luke back, here's hoping we get a bit more clarity about the pasts of Rey and "Ben".

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
No doubt. I'm glad they changed the script so Poe didn't die early on. Isaac is a pretty fantastic actor, Poe is good character.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
And chewy walking straight past leia. Wtf was that about!?!?. Why was she fixated on Rey after all herself chewy and han went through before!. Annoyed the shit out of me that did.

Well Chewie was Han's best mate before his new squeeze Leia showed up, and when their relationship fell apart Chewie was the one Han disappeared off with. As sad as Chewie was I bet he was thinking "at least I don't have to pretend to like that bitch any more".

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
Rey, Poe and Finn were brilliant. They had total command of their scenes.

But man did Adam Driver deliver, he totally sold "Kylo Ren" to me.
This is one key win in the movie for me. JJ could have played it safe and placed Han, Leia and Luke front left and centre, fill the whole movie with nostalgia and only let go at the very end. Instead they played the supporting role to push the new faces into the forefront, with Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver holding their own, seizing the torch from the old timers in this transition. Personally think that a lot of thumbs up and good reviews are down to the positive reception of the new actors and actresses, knowing that their beloved franchise is in good hands. The audience now wants to see what these new characters are up to and can move on from the ANH, ESB and ROTJ.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
Still no direct confirmation. The little bastards are playing the Inside Out play set.
he says curses.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just come back from watching it, enjoyed it ;D

Lots of nostalgia but that made it nice.

Anyone know where the last bit was filmed? Hebrides?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
(should be interesting to see who - if needs be - gets cast for the role of mother in Episode VIII... seems the male Skywalkers may have a thing for women who look like their mothers!)

At least that is a step up from a Skywalker having a thing for his sister.  ;D