Author Topic: **SPOILERS** Star Wars: The Force Awakens **SPOILERS** Now with genuine spoilers  (Read 103019 times)

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan

I hope not.

They've made enough parallels to a new hope already.
An identical twin! Phasma maybe?

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
An identical twin! Phasma maybe?
I don't think Phasma has seen Rey yet, right? so that might make it quite plausible.

I just hope she's not a twin or sister or whatever of any other character we know of. I fear by episode 10 all the characters will be inbred.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
The whole 'no relationship' thing is another piece of a bullshit that the prequels introduced if I remember correctly?
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
J.J. Abrams explains those missing scenes from Star Wars: The Force Awakens:-

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/22/star-wars-force-awakens-jj-abrams-deleted-scenes

Hopefully some of the deleted scenes will be in as a bonus on the dvd or bluray - a few sites reckon it'll be released as soon as April/May (should be interesting to see how long they wait to release it as various poor/average quality cam versions have leaked already)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
Heard someone mention that Rey may well be Kylo's sister and the daughter of Han & Leia, sounds as plausible as any.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 12:59:07 pm by johnsmithlfc »
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Heard someone mention that Rey may well be Kylo's sister and the daughter of Han & Leia, sounds as plausible as any.

It'd feel a bit weird when Han and Leia are talking about their son that they didn't mention their daughter at all. Also she was old enough to remember being abandoned on Jakku
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
It'd feel a bit weird when Han and Leia are talking about their son that they didn't mention their daughter at all. Also she was old enough to remember being abandoned on Jakku

Well who knows...I was reading the theory and the person said that it was definitely Kylo's voice in Rey's flashback.

But I personally think she's a Skywalker, Luke's daughter.

I'm merely posting what I read, throwing it out there because I enjoy reading everyone's ideas and theories.

Here is a part of it.

Ok, so we find out "Kylo Ren" is really "Ben Solo" kid of Han and Leia.

But, we're still in the dark about who "Rey" is, as well as "Finn".

I'm curious to hear others', but here's mine
1. Rey is actually daughter to Han and Leia, and Ben's sister. I also suspect Rey is not her real name (Han's reaction when she gave the name), and I suspect it is "Keira" (from a previous script leak way back in June, that just happened to be exactly right when the first film came out). Like Luke, she will learn her parentage in the next film.

Kylo is the person who spoke to Rae in her vision when she got dropped on the planet I have seen it 4 times now and it is his voice.
I agree some mind stuff is happening but I'm sure Han did know who she was and I think yes his daughter just the way he looked at her in one scene..very good acting by Ford If I'm right.
The rest of your theory pretty much is mine also.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 01:23:39 pm by johnsmithlfc »
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Who said I was annoyed? do you not have conversations with people who are unable to get annoyed? You are right you can pick holes in any film, I don't with the originals as they story is believable for me in the way its told, the story makes sense and doesn't rely on scenes created when the creators reached obvious plotline blockages.

you say you don't like episodes 1, 2 and 3 why don't you suspend your disbelief and except them for what they are. Quite contradictory that ;D

Believable?  No plotline blockages?  You've been blinded by the Dark side.... the original trilogy is riddled.

• Luke snogged his sister.  Let's just get that one out of the way early on....
  • Leia shows little emotion to her home planet (and presumably everyone she knows there) being destroyed.
  • Vader is clueless of the presence of his own children, yet the unskilled Jedi Leia can sense Luke before knowing they're related.  Even when he finds out Luke is called 'Skywalker', comes from Tattooine and was hanging around with Obi Wan, he seems to need Sidious to tell him it's his son.
  • And the skywalker thing.  Luke managed to grow up on the same planet as Anakin Skywalker (an 8 year old who was a super pod race pilot before leaving in a spaceship to become a Jedi) and no one asked if they were related?  Surely some heresay of that young lad becoming Darth Vader made it to the outer rim?!  Surely Owen Lars would've changed the boy's name to protect him?
  • And remember when we're told by Obi Wan, how accurate Storm troopers are?  There isn't one shred of evidence of this in the trilogy.  Stormtroopers are hopeless.  It all culminates in The emperor sending his ELITE stormtroopers to endor... and my god, were those guys fucking useless.  With all their elite weaponry, armor and training they were unable to thwart a couple of spear chucking teddybears. 
  • Why did the death star take forever to orbit a planet so they could attack the rebels on their moon base?  Surely the smart thing would be to destroy the planet? The moon would too likely be destroyed in the process, or destabalised to the point of requiring a rebel evacuation. 
  • Why was the empire's attack on the hoth base so poorly executed?  Big lumbering AT-ATs instead of efficient tie-fighters and tie bombers? They could even have sent a star destroyer to the surface!!!
  • For those complaining about Rey's sudden abilities to use the force, watch Luke's development.  5 minutes with Yoda and he's able to go toe to toe with the most formidable Jedi/Sith ever to have lived.  At least Kylo Ren was horrifically injured, accounting for Rey's victory.
  • Yoda, for an pretty badass Jedi, kinda just leaves Luke (an inexperienced farm boy) to go off and face vader alone.  What a pansy!  And Obi Wan also seems to have forgotten Leia exists when he's talking to Yoda about the 'last hope.'
  • The Milenium Falcon escape from the star destroyer was completely contrived.  Fair enough, the crew might not have spotted it clinging to the back of the ship, but there were half a dozen other ships nearby. 
  • Why did vader disable the hyperdrive on the falcon?  Why not disable the ship's engine's entirely?  Or even remove the hyperdrive so it couldn't be fixed by a droid in 5 seconds?
  • At the start of Return of the Jedi, Hans rescue and the death of Jabba is one of the most contrived things in the whole series.  So many things could've gone wrong.  I'm sure this'll get explained by Luke being able to see the future or some other gubbins.
  • How did Leia know about the effects of carbon freezing when it had never been done on a human before?
  • Why does it take a year to find Han when they know that Fett is taking him to the Hutts?  I mean, we have no indication that Jabba ever leaves tattoine or anything?!
  • Endor isn't orbiting a planet.  Why is it called a moon?
  • The second death star is built with more or less the exact same flaw as the previous one...
  • And Luke snogs his sister...

This is just off the top of my head and without getting into the many more plotholes that are created when you factor in the prequels.

I love the original trilogy -  I'm a huge star wars fan... but come on, you can't criticise the new one for having some of the flaws the original had in spades.  It's sci-fi for young people.  Suspend your disbelief.  Having rewatched the originals recently, I thought the new one actually did many things much better than the original trilogy. 

As for the prequels.  They're dogshit.  In every single way.  They don't stand up as movies, let alone star wars movies.  Awfully plotted, scripted, cast, acted, directed... they did virtually nothing right.  No suspension of disbelief can get past that.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 01:35:33 pm by thejbs »

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I think, or at least hope, that Finn won't be related to anyone we already know. Would be too much universe shrinking and it isnt needed.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
I believe that it's been confirmed that Ewan McGregor voiced Obi Wan in that flashback that Rey had. I'll have to listen again when I go see it again but it sounded like him at 1st thought

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off

Well who knows...I was reading the theory and the person said that it was definitely Kylo's voice in Rey's flashback.

But I personally think she's a Skywalker, Luke's daughter.

I'm merely posting what I read, throwing it out there because I enjoy reading everyone's ideas and theories.

Here is a part of it.

Sorry mate but however many times whoever has seen it, it's been confirmed that the voices were a hacked bit of speech from alec guinness and some lines they bussed in frank oz and ewan mcgregor to do.

And the idea of Han solo and Leia ditching their daughter on some backwater planet and sodding off without her is just ridiculous. Luke might do though in that enigmatic Jedi way if he thinks it's in her best interests.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
The whole 'no relationship' thing is another piece of a bullshit that the prequels introduced if I remember correctly?
Yes. There is nothing to indicate Luke even knew that rule, so it really does not apply. Even if he has been off studying or something, it's clear the Jedi ideas were wrong, so fuck the relationship thing anyway.

Rey being Han and Leia's would be a complete nonsense. I think she is probably Luke's, but I'd prefer a Kenobi. Actually, I'd prefer she wasn't related to anyone, but this is Star Wars. So Luke, and I'm fine with it, personally.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
I felt pretty worried walking into the cinema, my expectations were so high from watching EP5,6,7 (I liked 3 a lot, the other two not so). Felt like I was waiting to be disappointed after setting my butt on the seat.

Once the movie started for real after the crawl, I felt much of the worry was washed away by curiosity and building excitement as more and more of the characters were introduced and the questions in the trailers answered.

For me personally JJ did it 'safe' for the first of the three movies by taking inspiration from ANH to help bridge the older generations to the new while helping the newer ones get a grip on what the whole magical saga was all about. A big chunk of the movie to me was about the handing of the torch from the old heroes of the Republic to the new ones whom would then have their own legends to create. Rey was obviously a Luke character, Poe was channeling Han although a little more restrained compared to young Ford's devil-may-care attitude. Finn and Kylo would be pretty different for me personally, I can't really see any semblance between them and the characters of the old.

Some points:

• I'm thinking that Rey is nobody's descendant. There is no reason for Luke to abandon her on Jakku if he could train her in the Force and establish the new Jedi Order. How would Luke know to keep her safe and away when they haven't even started the training? (referring to Kylo). Would probably explain why none of Leia and Han recognised her. I feel that there is no precursor to being able to become a Force user/Jedi - the Force simply chooses the path it wills. I really hope she is not Luke's daughter although all signs are pointing that way - grandfather, father, now daughter.
  • Killing off Han was sad but I think it was done right. Kylo was doing what his twisted mind thought would rid him of the conflict that is tearing him apart
Everything else should be explained in 8.

Overall, great movie, Abrams and team nailed it. Can't wait to hear what Luke's first words to Rey were.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Why is Kenobi in Rey's flashback?  He was long dead when she was born.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
I believe that it's been confirmed that Ewan McGregor voiced Obi Wan in that flashback that Rey had. I'll have to listen again when I go see it again but it sounded like him at 1st thought

A bit of Alec Guiness (from an old line), and they got Ewan McGregor and Frank Oz in to do new lines for this film:-

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/20/jj-abrams-reveals-obi-wan-and-yoda-are-star-wars-force-awakens

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/12/is-ewan-mcgregor-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens/ (edited in for the cool countdown clock to Rogue One and Ep VIII :))

If Luke features more in the next 2 films (and it's likely he will) then we may be seeing/hearing a bit more like that...

Sorry mate but however many times whoever has seen it, it's been confirmed that the voices were a hacked bit of speech from alec guinness and some lines they bussed in frank oz and ewan mcgregor to do.

And the idea of Han solo and Leia ditching their daughter on some backwater planet and sodding off without her is just ridiculous. Luke might do though in that enigmatic Jedi way if he thinks it's in her best interests.

My theory is Rey is Luke's daughter (too many nods and how strong the Force is with her etc, plus the films are about family... I reckon Luke's partner/wife was the one who hid/left Rey on Jakku whislt on the run from people hunting the Jedi down (maybe by the Knights of Ren), she is killed by them shortly after - but before being able to tell Luke where Rey is, and so Rey is lost - maybe presumed dead. Luke's wife/partner's grave is where Rey met Luke at the end scenes of TFA (there is an upturned stone which could be a gravestone).

But obviously it's just a guess...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
Kenobi is not really 'dead' per se.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

My guess is that Kenobi had that lightsabre a long time (it was the one 'that your dad wanted you to have this' line to Luke in Ep4) - it's got the Force (past, present and future) all over it.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
I know he's got the whole Force ghost thing going on but I assumed it was a flashback from Rey of something she saw/was aware of, which is why I'm confused by Kenobi.  Unless it was a Force premonition or similar, which makes more sense.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Let's get theories going, I especially love this one. Mind the cap locks.

first of all im sorry this is such a mess i typed it on a hype

DELETED

What the fuck? I've deleted it. Can you please retype it normally so that people can actually read it.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Just back from seeing it now.

Wow.

Took me 15 minutes to get into it, but once Han and Chewbacca turned up - wow. Was ace.

Han Solo is dead :( Could see that coming. His son is a knobend.

Very obvious that Rey was Lukes' daughter. My missus reckons that the Stormtrooper is Lando's son..

Poor Chewie. Leia looks a bit rough.

Great to see all the old technology and the new. Very good story, loads of action. BOOM!! BOOM!! ZAP!! POW!!! POW!!!

Loved it. Going to see it again Monday :)

Very glad I didn't know Han was going to die - but kept away from anything that might have given it away. Han is dead :( Poor Han :( Poor Leia. Poor Chewy :(

How come Luke looks cooler now than he did in the films where he always looked a bit of a twonk?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan

I really don't think so.

Leia and Han clearly care and love their son. They miss him. Why would they leave their daughter on some desert planet and have no contact with her? She is clearly not touched by the Dark Side. Surely Han would recognize her when he sees her on his the Falcon as well. He asks her to join his crew... there's just too little recognition between the three of them for that theory to work imo.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
That no relationship thing was a bit weird I always thought, especially when Jedis are apparently trained from a very, very young age where they can't be expected to make decisions like celibacy
The rule is basically like yeah you can fuck around if you must, as long as there's no emotional attachment because the attachments lead to the dark side blah blah. There are exceptions within the Jedi too. Like Ki Adi Mundi had a wife and a shit ton of kids because his species was dying out.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
Hang on.

Whilst Finn was great and all, didn't I miss something - I thought all the Storm Troopers were clones of Boba Fett's dad?

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Hang on.

Whilst Finn was great and all, didn't I miss something - I thought all the Storm Troopers were clones of Boba Fett's dad?

the clones were pretty much all retired by the time ep4 started. Accelerated aging and all that.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
the clones were pretty much all retired by the time ep4 started. Accelerated aging and all that.

Yeah - don't Kylo Ren and Hux have a discussion about this?

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah - don't Kylo Ren and Hux have a discussion about this?

They did say something about using clones instead come to think of it.

Either way - ALL the stormtroopers still have worse aim than terrorists in 24!

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
@Alan is going to love this...
;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xV7Ha3VDbzE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xV7Ha3VDbzE</a>

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Apparently she'll be in the next one too, Gwendoline Christie is a good actress so hope she gets some more lines and maybe removes her helmet.

She was marketed a lot before the film, weird to see how little she was used in the end. Guess they went too far with the Boba Fett similarities ;)

She's in some serious shit when they find out that she took down the shields for the resistance though

That even bombardment from the advertising was quite a good idea as it avoided giving us clues about the overall plot.

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
They did say something about using clones instead come to think of it.

Either way - ALL the stormtroopers still have worse aim than terrorists in 24!
at least they competently slaughtered unarmed villagers!

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
That even bombardment from the advertising was quite a good idea as it avoided giving us clues about the overall plot.
and to be a little more cynical, she looked cool and the fact there are still so few women in SW means they probably had to play it up, especially after the Avengers backlash. I was hoping she had a bigger role, and simply shutting down the shields was a bit lame. I put it down to her arrogance, I suppose. Still, I'm sure her and Poe's roles will be expanded in the next one.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
and to be a little more cynical, she looked cool and the fact there are still so few women in SW means they probably had to play it up, especially after the Avengers backlash. I was hoping she had a bigger role, and simply shutting down the shields was a bit lame. I put it down to her arrogance, I suppose. Still, I'm sure her and Poe's roles will be expanded in the next one.

She still had more dialogue than Boba Fett had in Empire and ROTJ!
We are Liverpool!

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Maybe that was also a consideration, but Rey being so prominent should ensure that was avoided.

I hope that the likes of Poe, Phasma and Snoke all get much bigger roles in the next one, they have done a good job of pushing forward Rey, Ren and Finn in this first one and will need to do likewise with other in the subsequent movies.

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
No doubt. I'm glad they changed the script so Poe didn't die early on. Isaac is a pretty fantastic actor, Poe is good character.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
From another poster over on the originaltrilogy.com:-

(should be interesting to see who - if needs be - gets cast for the role of mother in Episode VIII... seems the male Skywalkers may have a thing for women who look like their mothers!)

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
I think it will be revealed in the next film that Supreme Leader Snoke is Darth Plagueis (as others have said).

My theory is.. we never actually learned the truth about how Anakin Skywalker was conceived - 'it was the will of the force' or something.. but Palpatine states that Darth Plagueis could manipulate the force to create life

So with that in mind, Plagueis set everything in motion by 'creating' Anakin Skywalker, Anakin then fathered Luke & Leia which eventually brings about the downfall of the man who murdered Plagueis in the first place - his apprentice Palpatine.

Anakin's daughter Leia later gave birth to Kylo Ren and Darth Plagueis is then able to return and seduce Kylo Ren to the darkside of the force and takes him as his new apprentice - perhaps that was his intention all along?

It makes some kind of sense anyway.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why take Kylo Ren as apprentice when Vader, the immaculately conceived and with force sensitivity off the charts, is available?
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Why take Kylo Ren as apprentice when Vader, the immaculately conceived and with force sensitivity off the charts, is available?

He talks about Kylo being so special because he's a balance between the dark and the light, I take it Anakin was just hit pawn in order to wipe out the Jedi, like Palpatine.

It'd be an awesome twist if it came to pass
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke

Maybe Plagueis was unable to return from death whilst Palpatine was the master of the dark side? Or perhaps he knew that taking Vader as an apprentice would result in exactly the same outcome (apprentice turning on his master and destroying him).

Kylo Ren could be viewed as a more loyal servant perhaps or maybe he holds the key to extinguishing the light side of the force? Who knows? But could be interesting if they go down that route and the fact that we know he's powerful with the dark side definitely points at Plagueis and even the way Snoke looks in the film (his race are apparently long faced, 8 feet tall beings).

It either WILL turn out to be Plagueis or they want us to think that for the next year and a half.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
On the issue of balance between the light and the dark, I found the following article to be a great read:

http://www.gamesradar.com/george-lucas-nearly-wrote-perfect-prequel-trilogy-he-just-didnt-seem-notice/
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
No doubt. I'm glad they changed the script so Poe didn't die early on. Isaac is a pretty fantastic actor, Poe is good character.

Isaac is without a doubt the best actor left in the series (Driver is also very good but I can't separate him from his role in Girls). I would have been pretty disappointed if they killed his character off.

From another poster over on the originaltrilogy.com:-

(should be interesting to see who - if needs be - gets cast for the role of mother in Episode VIII... seems the male Skywalkers may have a thing for women who look like their mothers!)

Three ways to look at that I suppose.

1. Kylo Ren will have a thing for Rey, or
2. Luke will have a thing for Rey :o
3. Finn is a Skywalker and his mum looks like Rey