Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2011516 times)

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #7960 on: May 2, 2018, 02:42:42 pm »

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7961 on: May 2, 2018, 04:30:17 pm »
Guy is gonna have a stormer tonight. Will absolutely terrorise them.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #7962 on: May 2, 2018, 04:37:37 pm »
Guy is gonna have a stormer tonight. Will absolutely terrorise them.

Gonalons has a tendency to get caught on the ball at times playing as the 6 compared to Strootman & Rossi who protect their possessions far better. If they put him in from the start with Strootman out I suspect Bobby will terrorise him in particular.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7963 on: May 2, 2018, 04:41:00 pm »
Bobby give em hell lad

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #7964 on: May 2, 2018, 04:43:21 pm »
Bobby F coming at you tonight LIVE in the Champos with a casual perfect hattie, left, right and the ol' noggin!

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7965 on: May 2, 2018, 04:49:04 pm »
Bobby F coming at you tonight LIVE in the Champos with a casual perfect hattie, left, right and the ol' noggin!

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

With the lack of "Like" buttons in this forum, I'll just say:

This.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7966 on: May 2, 2018, 05:20:42 pm »
Scores a no-look goal tonight...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #7967 on: May 2, 2018, 05:55:36 pm »
Scores a no-look goal tonight...

no-look header
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7968 on: May 2, 2018, 06:13:25 pm »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7969 on: May 2, 2018, 06:14:14 pm »

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #7970 on: May 2, 2018, 06:21:09 pm »
no-look header

More than anything, I want him to turn that capoeira kick celebration into a goal. Imagine that jumping spinning kick to volley in a ball from the edge of the box. Pandemonium

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #7971 on: May 2, 2018, 06:35:31 pm »
He'll score tonight.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #7972 on: May 6, 2018, 01:58:08 pm »
Think Salah's output has made Firmino's numbers go under the radar a bit.

For a guy with his ridiculous work ethic, 27 goals and 17 assists are absolutely mental numbers.

44 goals and assists in 46 starts. Absolutely crazy stuff.

Kane for example has 38 goals and 5 assists from 43 starts. Similar output, but nowhere near the link up play and defensive contribution.

Firmino isn't a goal thief either.

So glad we got him on a long term deal. Wouldn't swap him for any number 9 in the world.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2018, 02:00:11 pm by torbenpiechnik19 »
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7973 on: May 6, 2018, 02:16:11 pm »

For a guy with his ridiculous work ethic, 27 goals and 17 assists are absolutely mental numbers.

Kane for example has 38 goals and 5 assists from 43 starts. Similar output, but nowhere near the link up play and defensive contribution.

So glad we got him on a long term deal. Wouldn't swap him for any number 9 in the world.

Firmino is doing all the dirty work upfield, and for me he's the most talented player currently in the team.

VVD-Keita-Bobby is going to be our strong spine, everything else is to support that spine.

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7974 on: May 6, 2018, 02:42:00 pm »
Really stepped it up to an astonishing level this year. I would have been expecting/happy with him getting around 15-20 goals but he has surpassed that whilst not sacrificing any of the other facets to his game.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7975 on: May 6, 2018, 03:03:10 pm »
He's just boss.

There'll be strikers 10-15 years from now saying they watched Firmino as a kid and he was their idol ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #7976 on: May 6, 2018, 03:14:01 pm »
He's just boss.

There'll be strikers 10-15 years from now saying they watched Firmino as a kid and he was their idol ;D

And they always supported Liverpool, until the photos of them in a Messi shirt come out!

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7977 on: May 9, 2018, 11:12:31 am »
Tifo Football on Firmino.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AxcB0udddP8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AxcB0udddP8</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7978 on: May 9, 2018, 11:17:24 am »
I don't remember the signing of him being questioned by many fans at all? Plus wasn't the fee £22m then the rest in add-ons?

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #7979 on: May 9, 2018, 12:45:17 pm »

and Kane doesn`t have tackling numbers that compare with the best defenders and defensive midfielders in world football.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7980 on: May 13, 2018, 06:48:42 pm »
Thierry Henry: "Roberto Firmino is the most complete striker in the league."

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7981 on: May 13, 2018, 07:13:24 pm »

He’s arguably the most complete player in the league! I’m guessing Pep and Poch would love him as their spearhead, despite the talent they boast themselves. He’s that good.

Unbelievable season. One more game to go, Goal in the CL final and bring home Big Ears big ears.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #7982 on: May 14, 2018, 01:09:46 am »
Ridiculous he is still talked about as the possible back up to Jesus for the world cup. As in, he isn't the favourite choice to be his backup, just one of the options.

I assume the others are the likes of Jo, Diego Tardielli, Fred and other absolute fucking dog shite that Brazil tends to take to the world cup to play as #9 and stink the fucking place out. WHAT THE FUCK BRASIL!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #7983 on: May 14, 2018, 01:58:36 am »
Meh, keep it that way Brasil! The less Bobby plays in the summer, the more he’d come flying off the blocks come the season start.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7984 on: May 14, 2018, 07:19:16 am »
I seriously can't get enough of Bobby. Definitely currently my favorite player.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7985 on: May 14, 2018, 07:47:49 am »
Ridiculous he is still talked about as the possible back up to Jesus for the world cup. As in, he isn't the favourite choice to be his backup, just one of the options.

I assume the others are the likes of Jo, Diego Tardielli, Fred and other absolute fucking dog shite that Brazil tends to take to the world cup to play as #9 and stink the fucking place out. WHAT THE FUCK BRASIL!

There's no doubt he deserves to be in the squad. I guess they probably pick others because Firmino isn't the traditional type of striker a la Ronaldo or Romario.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7986 on: May 14, 2018, 07:59:05 am »
He’s arguably the most complete player in the league!

That's it right?  You get the feeling that if you put him anywhere on the pitch or in any role he would be quality.

This is not to say that Jesus isn't a pretty impressive talent, but I look at who they've got and just think - Isn't Bobby the perfect foil for pretty much any of these guys?  Wouldn't he be a better option to make the whole better?  Obviously it's Neymar + others, but I would've thought Bobby would be the best of the rest to maximise Neymar's attacking contribution and minimise any defensive requirements.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 08:03:07 am by leroy »

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7987 on: May 14, 2018, 08:03:45 am »
I just find it bizarre that they've not looked at his Liverpool displays and found a way for him to be in their first 11. Utterly bizzare.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #7988 on: May 14, 2018, 09:39:47 am »
I just find it bizarre that they've not looked at his Liverpool displays and found a way for him to be in their first 11. Utterly bizzare.

Heard it said before with Firmino but not playing any top level football in Brazil hurts his reputation with fans and media.

I know it shouldn't make any difference to the manager but it seems to. It's not a problem that is unique to Firmino. I've heard the said same about other Brazilians who left for Europe at an early age. They just aren't in the conscious of the media and public in Brazil. Playing in Germany and England may not help as well. I suspect la Liga is more popular in Brazil than the Bundesliga or Premier League. Maybe a winning goal in a Champion's League final could change all this and announce him to the Brazilian public as a truly great player.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #7989 on: May 23, 2018, 09:55:50 am »
Locked for the day. For your fill of Bobby F chat, see Archie's article at https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=340180 at comment thereafter!

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7991 on: May 28, 2018, 07:19:01 am »
Time to let go of Lucas and to put a new Brazilian face to my avatar (as my sig stays!).

Bobby Firmino!

:wave
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7992 on: May 28, 2018, 09:36:36 am »
so glad he is ours... incredible season he had, in shadow of Salah he did amazingly well for a player who was considered a winger - attacking mid in Germany...

im happy he signed a new deal!!!

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7993 on: May 28, 2018, 10:18:51 pm »
I was hoping we would sign Fabinho so that this huy would have a new buddy after coutinho left.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7994 on: May 28, 2018, 10:26:45 pm »
I was hoping we would sign Fabinho so that this huy would have a new buddy after coutinho left.

I think we’re trying to make Coutinho jealous

Fabinho, Allisson, Moreno new contract
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7995 on: May 28, 2018, 11:38:28 pm »
I love him to bits but watching the final i didnt think he played well and watching the game again it was worse than i thought. He had probably our 2 best chances in the game while we were on top in the first 25 minutes. The first one when Milner and Mane played the great one two down the left and Milner hit a great cut back cross right to Bobby. He miscontrolled with is left foot and the ball goes behind him and he had the shot blocked by the swarm of Madrid defenders. He controls the ball like he usually does he has a good chance but the mis-control allowed the Madrid defenders to block and then TAA had the follow up shot. A minute later Robbo plays a great ball over the top and Bobby with Sadio alongside him are both running through on goal and Bobby just heads it straight through to Navas. It was so dumb and uncharacteristic he had time to control and shoot himself or he could have sucked the recovering Madrid defender in and played Mane in.

I know Babu has mentioned about Bobby's performance in the game thread and about he also didnt play well in the other finals against City and the Europa against Sevilla in 2016. Bobby will be pissed off he never impacted any of the finals. He has played great in a lot of big games so im a bit puzzled why he's struggled on Saturday and the other finals. Do you think the added pressure of the biggest club game in world football and a game were he could really push ahead of Jesus in the Brazil pecking order kind of overwhelmed him? He was doing some unlike Bobby things. He gave the ball away in the 1st half that left us really exposed in the transition and Ronaldo shot just over. I would be interested if anyone else was dissappointed with Bobby.

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #7996 on: May 29, 2018, 12:59:51 am »
He had set an unbelievable standard this season for himself,in just about every aspect of his game.
I had him and Gini as key to this game but I’m not disappointed in him,Gini did okay but Bobby looked off his game. We all know what changed the dynamics of the game,so if we had the same players on the pitch up to 70 minute mark I think he would have settled down and did what he has done all season.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7997 on: May 29, 2018, 01:08:05 am »
Thought the chorus to Blue Swede's Hooked on a Feeling would be a good choice for a potential Firmino song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrI-UBIB8Jk

Bob-by Fir-mino!
He's the Kop's hero
And we're so in love with him

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #7998 on: May 29, 2018, 02:43:54 am »
Thought the chorus to Blue Swede's Hooked on a Feeling would be a good choice for a potential Firmino song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrI-UBIB8Jk

Bob-by Fir-mino!
He's the Kop's hero
And we're so in love with him

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PJQVlVHsFF8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PJQVlVHsFF8</a>

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7999 on: May 29, 2018, 02:45:15 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PJQVlVHsFF8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PJQVlVHsFF8</a>

Always thought it was David Hassinator...

Ah, well...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...