Author Topic: FT Liverpool (3) - Southampton (0) - Mo 30' 41' Phil 68'  (Read 40124 times)

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Re: FT Liverpool (3) - Southampton (0) - Mo 30' 41' Phil 68'
« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2017, 05:31:44 pm »
1.83 ppg , 2 goals scored per game. That's more like it.

When our defence gives us a chance by not conceding cheap goals this team is simply phenomenal.

Spot on. When we don't shoot ourselves in the foot and actually provide a solid platform from which to build we end up with performances like today's.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2017, 05:31:58 pm »
Quiet in here isn't it!  ;D

We were brilliant today. Salah is a revelation - that first goal!  :scarf

5 wins in 6, another clean sheet, happy fuckin days!

Get in reds!
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2017, 05:32:01 pm »
Great performance and brilliant result.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2017, 05:32:13 pm »
Nice routine win, rested the big guns at the end. Nice goals for Mo and my boy has a new favourite player. :D

Romeu is one filthy grock and how bad was Mike Jones?! The amount of Little pushes they got away with...

4 nice wins on the bounce, that’ll do.

Agree about Romeu and Mike Jones. Despite the dominant display and score, Jones actually gave Saints just about every contentious decision.

Agree with those who singled out Hendo - that was his most complete performance in ages. Good on him.

I have to say that despite his wonderful work rate and link play, Fermino’s finishing is so erratic. Still, we have so many options now, going into the heart of the season. I’m optimistic.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2017, 05:32:16 pm »
How did Vivian play for Southampton today?

Pretty well I'd say judging by the stats, but I couldn't watch the game. Won 5 aerial duels (100%), had 4 interceptions and made 8 clearances.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #245 on: November 18, 2017, 05:33:37 pm »
Cracking display today, even taking into account that utterly bizarre refereeing performance

How good were we going forward..bring on Sevilla and Chelsea.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #246 on: November 18, 2017, 05:35:23 pm »
How did Vivian play for Southampton today?
I was more impressed with his CB partner (Hoedt?).
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #247 on: November 18, 2017, 05:35:40 pm »
Think we stay ahead of Gooners with that 3rd goal

Total control
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2017, 05:36:00 pm »
DanKennett
LFC have 10 clean sheets in the last 18 EPL matches, the joint most in the Premier League

Truly unreal  :o.
Yet our average is almost 1.5 conceded per match. Only 7 teams have conceded more overall.
Statistics, you can prove just about anything with them.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2017, 05:37:30 pm »
Great team performance. Everyone played well.

Henderson was fantastic today. Set the tempo for us in the first half which was lacking in the first halves against Huddersfield and Maribor. You cannot underestimate how important he is for us.

A shoutout for Bobby. Worked his socks off and I was just willing the ball to go in the net for him. Deserved a goal. It will come.

Good start to a very busy schedule.
YWNA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2017, 05:37:55 pm »
Superb performance by our defence, our fullbacks are boss :)

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2017, 05:38:36 pm »
Yet our average is almost 1.5 conceded per match. Only 7 teams have conceded more overall.
Defensive record has been massively skewed by two colossal defensive collapses. Those 18 games are not cherry picked , it's the trend since the end of the last season. Recently our fullbacks are more conservative, we'll see by the end of the season how we look defensively.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2017, 05:39:35 pm »
Coming into form at the right time, and putting together a nice run before the holiday fixtures. Slowly but surely we’re moving back toward conceding 1 goal/match on average.

Our attacking quartet lived up to its billing today. Salah, man. He is having a hell of a season!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2017, 05:39:53 pm »
I was more impressed with his CB partner (Hoedt?).
Their scouting team deserves a lot of credit, very very good at identifying and signing defenders, VVD, Alderweireld (loan) , Bertrand and now Hoedt, all relatively cheap too.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2017, 05:40:03 pm »
Great win and solid performance.

Also good to reiterate the amount of quality we possess in the squad, with still a few players out.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #255 on: November 18, 2017, 05:40:35 pm »
Salah now has more goals in his first 12 games than God! Although why they use stats like 12 games as a benchmark I have no idea!
hint: this was the 12th game of the season.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #256 on: November 18, 2017, 05:48:30 pm »
Really good performance.

Lots of patience in the build up, could have been more. Can't wait to see Salah's goals back again they were both excellent. They didn't have a clue how to handle him.

Lovren played well too, didn't let the crowd get to him.  Coutinho was a constant threat as was Mane. Henderson had an off day, thought his passing was poor.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: November 18, 2017, 05:50:08 pm »
Great result and good performance.

Salah what a signing. Lovern did well.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: November 18, 2017, 05:51:34 pm »
Great team performance. Everyone played well.

Henderson was fantastic today. Set the tempo for us in the first half which was lacking in the first halves against Huddersfield and Maribor. You cannot underestimate how important he is for us.

A shoutout for Bobby. Worked his socks off and I was just willing the ball to go in the net for him. Deserved a goal. It will come.

Good start to a very busy schedule.

Didn't think Henderson had a good game myself. Passing was well off.

Agree with Bobby though. Thought even though he didn't score he was outstanding.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: November 18, 2017, 05:53:58 pm »
Team and squad starting to take shape and showing maturity in managing the game. VVD will certainly fit in and strengthen the team.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: November 18, 2017, 05:54:29 pm »
We really have made a big step forward in the potentially giving me a heart attack stakes. There is a control there that has been lacking, a confidence we can score and a lack of absolute panic when someone hits the ball hopefully into a dangerous area.
That said, people throwing stats around, simple fact we are 5th, only above 6th on goal difference. Far to early to get over confident, this is going to be a huge battle to get a champions league spot, and ultimately it will need making less slip ups than the teams around us.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #261 on: November 18, 2017, 05:54:50 pm »
and a word for the Ref....utter dog shit. I often slag off refs * :D) but he was the worst I have seen in a while.

No major decisions to make but I reckon he must have got about a third of them wrong. No wonder Henderson and Can were in his face.

There was so much pulling and pushing in the first 10 minutes and yet he ignored it. They could have easily had two players booked in that time for blatant fouls, but no the first booking is Lovrens.
Also would like to see TAA's chance when he went through it looked, from where I was, someone had a handful of his shirt pulling him back. As for the advantage played when Mane was taken down...really? Then Mane being pulled back and the free kick goes the other way. He even tried to tackle Coutinho at one point!
The slightest touch by one of our players and they were down shouting and often got the freekicks. I can only think that Jones was trying to not look like he favoured the home team, but in the end he just looked shit.

Offline HumanRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #262 on: November 18, 2017, 05:55:43 pm »
We are racking up 3-0 victories :)

Great to see TAA get more game time. From the text commentary I followed, it seemed like he got in some good crossing positions and was looking to get dangerous balls into the box.

Salah has just had some time off so he should be good to go for most of the December fixtures, hopefully we can get an easy tie in the FA Cup and rest him and some of the others then.

Can't wait to watch the highlights after work.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #263 on: November 18, 2017, 05:56:11 pm »
Statistics, you can prove just about anything with them.
5-4-3

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: November 18, 2017, 05:57:14 pm »
5-4-3

I don't think we're allowed to play 12 men, mate.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: November 18, 2017, 05:58:32 pm »
Didn't think Henderson had a good game myself. Passing was well off.

Agree with Bobby though. Thought even though he didn't score he was outstanding.

I'm not Henderson's biggest fan but he did OK today. The game was just about ideal for him, not too fast and an opposition that didn't seek to exploit the space he can leave behind him. Credit to for being in the ear of the ref who was abysmal.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #266 on: November 18, 2017, 06:02:56 pm »
They are a small minded bunch of wasters. I have been to the last couple of games we have played at their place and they spend all their time baiting Lovren. They were at it again today. Glad they have a long journey home.............

They were pathetic today.

They tried to drown out YNWA, failed and gave up half way, "this is a library....", then they bait Lovren in a truly pathetic way.

I also found it quite amusing when the ref lost the plot with making us re-take the goal kick 3 times as their player kept running across the box before the ball came out. when it was finally allowed to carry on they all jeered as if we had been making the mistake. You could see the ref talking to Long (?) telling him to stop running across the box, Im sure none of them realised.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2017, 06:05:28 pm »
I don't think we're allowed to play 12 men, mate.
3-5-4?

Offline Dubai_Red

• Can smell nullshit from 4,608 miles away
  • Kopite
« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2017, 06:08:55 pm »
Defensive record has been massively skewed by two colossal defensive collapses. Those 18 games are not cherry picked , it's the trend since the end of the last season. Recently our fullbacks are more conservative, we'll see by the end of the season how we look defensively.

But the 1.5 goal average is after taking out the city and spurs results out of the equation for this season.ideally would prefer that we conceded on average <1 goal per game.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #269 on: November 18, 2017, 06:11:57 pm »
Agree about Romeu and Mike Jones. Despite the dominant display and score, Jones actually gave Saints just about every contentious decision.

Agree with those who singled out Hendo - that was his most complete performance in ages. Good on him.

I have to say that despite his wonderful work rate and link play, Fermino’s finishing is so erratic. Still, we have so many options now, going into the heart of the season. I’m optimistic.

I was kind of expecting it looking at the team-sheet at the start of the game, since he was playing with Wijnaldum and Coutinho. When he plays with 2 of those two and Lallana, he's generally good.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #270 on: November 18, 2017, 06:15:45 pm »
But the 1.5 goal average is after taking out the city and spurs results out of the equation for this season.ideally would prefer that we conceded on average <1 goal per game.
10 league games without those two we conceded 8 goals. One of these two games was with the red card. They have massively skewed the whole picture.

Point is not that we are defensively competent yet because we're not but that there is a nice trend since the latter stage of last season that we do a lot of things right defensively and that hopefully with some defensive reinforcements in January *cough*VVD*cough* we can make that final step up.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: November 18, 2017, 06:17:15 pm »
I'm not Henderson's biggest fan but he did OK today. The game was just about ideal for him, not too fast and an opposition that didn't seek to exploit the space he can leave behind him. Credit to for being in the ear of the ref who was abysmal.

Game suited him but he did ok?? So in other words he was poor.

We need better than Ok but he has just come back from an injury so can't be too hard on him.

What I did like about his game today was he was more disciplined in position.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: November 18, 2017, 06:17:34 pm »
Had a feeling we'd batter them and so it was. Some of the football, especially in the 2nd half, was superb.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #273 on: November 18, 2017, 06:18:55 pm »
That was a joy to watch
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: November 18, 2017, 06:21:12 pm »
Game suited him but he did ok?? So in other words he was poor.

We need better than Ok but he has just come back from an injury so can't be too hard on him.

What I did like about his game today was he was more disciplined in position.

Not sure where your lexicon comes from but OK does not equate to 'poor'. If you want I will say he did well, which he did.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: November 18, 2017, 06:21:13 pm »
Is it just me or were we set up in more of a 4-2-3-1 shape at times?

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: November 18, 2017, 06:22:50 pm »
I. Love. Mohammed. Salah.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #277 on: November 18, 2017, 06:22:57 pm »
What a giza salah is. He aswan hell of a right foot. The soton defence just karnak him.
[emoji6]

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #279 on: November 18, 2017, 06:30:16 pm »
hint: this was the 12th game of the season.
and?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.