Author Topic: Wikileaks:  (Read 129030 times)

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Wikileaks:
« Reply #800 on: May 20, 2017, 03:04:44 pm »
Even from a conspiratorial stance then it would make more sense that the plot was to tarnish his name not as a process for extradition.

I guess the valiant Assange struggling against capture from an all powerful ever present US machine fits into the narrative better. Allows people to completely ignore someone potentially being the victim of sexual assault.

Assange shouldn't be above the law just because America is bad and you agree with things he's done

The timing seems suspect, the U.Ks big push on extradition seems suspicious,    It is curious that charges against Assange were brought, dropped almost immediately, and later reinstated. Text messages came out one of the women in question didn't want to push for charges (because he didn't rape her but she wanted him to take an std check) but the police pushed her to.

It all seems far more political than the actual crime.

Anyway I agree overall he seems like a self obsessed twat, Wikileaks though has done a lot of good at times though exposing war crimes and corruption. But it's a massive shame it seems he has made it about his own political views.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 03:10:04 pm by stevensr123 »
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #801 on: May 20, 2017, 03:06:25 pm »
http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2012/03/belarus-assange-lukashenko

so liberal!

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for posting. So Julian keeps similar company to Blair.

I think wikileaks was probably started with good intentions but this Belarus link makes me think hes a lot more than a knobhead. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: May 20, 2017, 03:16:24 pm »
The timing seems suspect, the U.Ks big push on extradition seems suspicious,    It is curious that charges against Assange were brought, dropped almost immediately, and later reinstated. Text messages came out one of the women in question didn't want to push for charges (because he didn't rape her but she wanted him to take an std check) but the police pushed her to.

It all seems far more political than the actual crime.
Women alleging he assaulted them has nothing to do with timing. The timing makes perfect sense as far as that goes. He was in Sweden away from his girlfriend and met 2 women who were supporters of his. I see what Assange has to gain, I do not see what they have to gain. Would love to be enlightened on that.

This whole refusal to face the law and holing himself in and alleging a conspiracy from US somewhere sounds as political as anything. See:
The most revealing moment, though, comes later on. Sitting around and talking, this time more casually, Assange asserts that the sex case marked the first time he became truly internationally famous. His notoriety from WikiLeaks, he says, turned him into a celebrated — and persecuted — figure among the media and power elite. But it was only after the scandal that the larger world caught up to who he was. Then he grins slyly and makes a joke that’s somewhat shocking: He says that it might be good if he was hit with another sex scandal every six months or so.
http://variety.com/2017/film/columns/risk-julian-assange-laura-poitras-1202411262/
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 03:18:18 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: May 20, 2017, 05:28:49 pm »
The same CIA that frequently meddle with other countries affairs & overturn governments, who are then outrages that Russia has the audacity to (supposedly) do it to them.
It is weird how people just take the CIA word as gospel. Like they have never lied or made up nonsense to get involved in wars before. Iraq being a good example.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #804 on: May 20, 2017, 06:04:51 pm »
I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for posting. So Julian keeps similar company to Blair.

I think wikileaks was probably started with good intentions but this Belarus link makes me think hes a lot more than a knobhead.

Oh, so now you think he's a knob.  ::)

Not when he was directing wikileaks to release information solely to help out Trump's campaign and tarnish Hillary's? Don't get me wrong, Hillary fucked up and the things that came out were of her own doing but the fact that not one SINGLE thing was released about Trump and the Republicans and their collusion with Russia is a bit suspect, don't you think? He was under investigation (as was Hillary) by the FBI, nearly all of his campaign people had ties to Russia and yet wikileaks chose to keep quiet about that. All because Julian didn't like Hillary.

Yeah, so fuck him. He can rot in the embassy or a US prison for all I care.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: May 20, 2017, 06:20:07 pm »
It is weird how people just take the CIA word as gospel. Like they have never lied or made up nonsense to get involved in wars before. Iraq being a good example.
What does the CIA have to do with this?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: May 20, 2017, 06:42:46 pm »
Oh, so now you think he's a knob.  ::)

Please re-read my initial reply to you below.

Neither of those things are proven though.  Did Russia rig the Primaries too?

Id say exposing torture and war crimes would make him quite the liberal.

Assange, from Memory, is guilty of Hacking and breaking bail conditions. He just comes across as a bit of a self important knob who probably started out with good intentions and now buys into his own hype. That doesn't make him a fascist though.

As for favouring Trump over Clinton, no that doesn't make him a fascist. So my point in reply to you still stands.

Sorry.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #807 on: May 20, 2017, 06:49:28 pm »
Please re-read my initial reply to you below.

As for favouring Trump over Clinton, no that doesn't make him a fascist. So my point in reply to you still stands.

Sorry.

Favoring candidates with fascist tendencies (Trump, Le Pen) whilst possibly colluding with the Kremlin themselves in order to coordinate and release those leaks leans a bit on the fascist side. So no, your point doesn't still stand.

Sorry.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: May 20, 2017, 07:24:48 pm »
Favoring candidates with fascist tendencies (Trump, Le Pen) whilst possibly colluding with the Kremlin themselves in order to coordinate and release those leaks leans a bit on the fascist side. So no, your point doesn't still stand.

Sorry.

He favoured Le Pen?

He has also exposed war crimes and torture.  He is also the 'guest' of a very left wing welfare driven government. 

If you want to think hes fascist scum, then carry on. Ive no real interest in defending him, after all Ive called him a knob twice now.  ;)
However favouring a republican over a democrat is hardly Fascism.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #809 on: May 20, 2017, 08:39:59 pm »
He favoured Le Pen?

He has also exposed war crimes and torture.  He is also the 'guest' of a very left wing welfare driven government. 

Ha! An authoritarian regime with a dreadful human rights record and a penchant for persecuting journalists and labour organisers. Assange should be ashamed that he's hiding in the embassy of a State that does not believe in freedom of the press.

There again he's a big pal of Belarus isn't he?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: May 20, 2017, 08:50:12 pm »
Ha! An authoritarian regime with a dreadful human rights record and a penchant for persecuting journalists and labour organisers. Assange should be ashamed that he's hiding in the embassy of a State that does not believe in freedom of the press.

There again he's a big pal of Belarus isn't he?

Its still a left wing state.  The point is Assange has no political allegiance other than those that suit him. Did he not get promises from both Mélenchon and Le Pen?

Assange  is a dick, not a fascist.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: May 20, 2017, 09:08:57 pm »
Its still a left wing state. 

So effing what? That sentence lost its moral force after Stalin I'm afraid.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #812 on: May 20, 2017, 10:12:58 pm »
He favoured Le Pen?

If you want to think hes fascist scum, then carry on. Ive no real interest in defending him, after all Ive called him a knob twice now.  ;)
However favouring a republican over a democrat is hardly Fascism.

He himself isn't fascist of course. It's not as if he goes around doing the fascist salute with a portrait of Mussolini hanging in his little cell at the Ecuadorian embassy, that much is sure. I think when that term was thrown out there by a poster earlier in the thread, it was meant to imply that by covertly throwing his support behind certain people and state actors with fascist tendencies, it really makes him no better.

Like you said yourself, he has no political allegiance to anyone but those that suit him. And in recent years, some very awful people and governments have suited his agenda. Yes, even those with fascist elements. So like I said before, I hope he isn't just let go freely into the world.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: May 20, 2017, 10:16:09 pm »
So effing what? That sentence lost its moral force after Stalin I'm afraid.

Think you might be missing the point.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #814 on: May 20, 2017, 10:18:51 pm »
He himself isn't fascist of course. It's not as if he goes around doing the fascist salute with a portrait of Mussolini hanging in his little cell at the Ecuadorian embassy, that much is sure. I think when that term was thrown out there by a poster earlier in the thread, it was meant to imply that by covertly throwing his support behind certain people and state actors with fascist tendencies, it really makes him no better.

Like you said yourself, he has no political allegiance to anyone but those that suit him. And in recent years, some very awful people and governments have suited his agenda. Yes, even those with fascist elements. So like I said before, I hope he isn't just let go freely into the world.

Agreed.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: May 20, 2017, 11:10:22 pm »
From what I have seen what he did was release information on US crimes involving civilians deaths from things such as drone strikes etc.

There's a lot more to it than that. For one thing, you have but her e-mails, with Assange promising to leak information about Clinton at moments that would inflict maximum damage upon her campaign. Then you have their fixation on busting the Americans while giving Russia (et al) a free pass; this is dangerous because after Wikileaks' sensational arrival on the world stage, many started to see it as the gospel truth, standing proud above a mainstream media that was compromised and biased to its core. Wikileaks alone, the one impartial bastion of transparency and truth. Well, that is clearly not true and we can now see that Wikileaks is, and always was, just another partisan political tool.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: May 20, 2017, 11:41:17 pm »
Think you might be missing the point.

I don't think so.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: May 20, 2017, 11:42:11 pm »

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: May 20, 2017, 11:45:10 pm »
I do.  Read.

Assange is fed and watered by a tyranny. But that's ok because it's a 'left wing' one.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #819 on: May 20, 2017, 11:50:16 pm »
Assange is fed and watered by a tyranny. But that's ok because it's a 'left wing' one.

Like I said, you've missed the point.  Have fun with your Strawman.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: May 21, 2017, 12:08:01 am »

Like I said, you've missed the point.  Have fun with your Strawman.

Like you say he's a 'knobhead' who supports, and is supported by, a number of authoritarian regimes. Ecuador, China, Belarus, Russia, Venezuela. Some are left-wing, some are right-wing. It doesn't matter to him. All that matters is that they are anti-Western and anti-democratic.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: May 21, 2017, 03:51:36 am »
I'll laugh if he gets arrested by Trump's regime.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: May 21, 2017, 07:22:11 am »
I'll laugh if he gets arrested by Trump's regime.

If Trump arrested him then he leaves himself open to leaks. Assange would have nothing to lose. Those leaks may possibly implicate Russia and whatever relationship it has with Trump.

It would a gigantic shitstorm for everyone, which is precisely why its very unlikely.  Would love to see it though.

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #823 on: May 22, 2017, 04:34:59 am »
New from John Pilger, viewed from the other side:

http://johnpilger.com/articles/getting-julian-assange-the-untold-story

Victorious and glorious....

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #824 on: May 22, 2017, 06:50:38 am »

Good read, that.

I honestly don't understand some of the vitriol on here.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: May 22, 2017, 09:39:27 am »

look forward to reading that after work. he's always great for a laugh pilger, these days. only, i don't think he means to be

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #826 on: May 22, 2017, 09:48:40 am »
The thing that confuses me over the great conspiracy theory about the Swedish rape allegations, is why is Sweden involved at all? He was in the UK. It is piss easy for the US to get the UK to hand over a non-UK citizen. Far easier than from Sweden.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: August 17, 2017, 11:43:05 pm »
WikiLeaks refused 68 GB of incriminating intel on Kremlin while focusing on Hillary Clinton: report

I really do dislike Assange,I always thought that I couldn't dislike him anymore and then he gets the chance to munch on Pamela and now this.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red_Skippy

• Kopite
    • Facebook
« Reply #828 on: August 18, 2017, 08:19:01 am »
The same CIA that frequently meddle with other countries affairs & overturn governments, who are then outrages that Russia has the audacity to (supposedly) do it to them.

My thoughts exactly.  The CIA have blood not just on their hands but their entire bodies, the bed, the walls, kitchen and all over the fucking house.

America is the true axis of evil but we are all too distracted to see through the bullshit.
I think I love football more than woman...

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: August 18, 2017, 09:14:03 am »
My thoughts exactly.  The CIA have blood not just on their hands but their entire bodies, the bed, the walls, kitchen and all over the fucking house.

America is the true axis of evil but we are all too distracted to see through the bullshit.

::) ::) ::)

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: August 18, 2017, 09:42:21 am »

Speak for yourself mate, your bullshit isn't distracting me

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #831 on: August 18, 2017, 09:52:38 am »
Speak for yourself mate, your bullshit isn't distracting me

I don't get this thing were Russia or Saudi Arabia, for example,are caught up to no good but there is instant deflection onto America.

Don't get me wrong, they are certainly no innocents, by why not discuss Russia's gerrymandering when it happens.

Same thing with America or us or Iran.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: August 18, 2017, 09:54:09 am »
WikiLeaks refused 68 GB of incriminating intel on Kremlin while focusing on Hillary Clinton: report

I really do dislike Assange,I always thought that I couldn't dislike him anymore and then he gets the chance to munch on Pamela and now this.

Wonder how he feels about colleagues leaking dirt on him?

Though have to say I'm astounded someone familiar and/or working for Wikileaks took this long to notice that they aren't remotely neutral and don't oppose authoritarianism. Better late than never I suppose

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #833 on: August 18, 2017, 09:56:06 am »

It's not that surprising that a subcontractor for the FSB wouldn't release incriminating intel on the Kremlin.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: August 18, 2017, 09:57:29 am »
I don't get this thing were Russia or Saudi Arabia, for example,are caught up to no good but there is instant deflection onto America.

Don't get me wrong, they are certainly no innocents, by why not discuss Russia's gerrymandering when it happens.

Same thing with America or us or Iran.

It's whataboutism. Here is one of the earlier uses of the word, maybe even where it was coined

http://www.economist.com/node/10598774

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #835 on: August 18, 2017, 10:02:10 am »
It's whataboutism. Here is one of the earlier uses of the word, maybe even where it was coined

http://www.economist.com/node/10598774

A tactic used by the left in this country, whereas the right ignore the question and continually repeat " You can't ignore the will of the people."

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: November 14, 2017, 01:43:54 pm »
For the stomach-churning correspondence between Wikileaks and Trump Junior - tongues fully inserted up respective arses:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/the-secret-correspondence-between-donald-trump-jr-and-wikileaks/545738/

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: November 14, 2017, 01:59:31 pm »
For the stomach-churning correspondence between Wikileaks and Trump Junior - tongues fully inserted up respective arses:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/the-secret-correspondence-between-donald-trump-jr-and-wikileaks/545738/

That is beautiful. Bless little Julian

Trying so desperately to tongue the Trumps and Putin but clearly bothered that Wikileaks is now lacking entirely in credibility (to the rational), so trying so desperately to launder their reputation via a Trump tax return.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: November 14, 2017, 02:02:25 pm »
That is beautiful. Bless little Julian

Trying so desperately to tongue the Trumps and Putin but clearly bothered that Wikileaks is now lacking entirely in credibility (to the rational), so trying so desperately to launder their reputation via a Trump tax return.

Is Jules still in the Ecuadorian embassy?

The person I feel most sorry for is the cleaner. Julian had a hell of a temper even when he was living in that Duke's house in Norfolk. What the hell must he be like since he chose to hole up in a little room in 'Ecuador' for several years.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #839 on: November 14, 2017, 02:15:36 pm »
Is Jules still in the Ecuadorian embassy?

The person I feel most sorry for is the cleaner. Julian had a hell of a temper even when he was living in that Duke's house in Norfolk. What the hell must he be like since he chose to hole up in a little room in 'Ecuador' for several years.

This New Yorker profile from earlier this summer goes through his living arrangements. (Its very very long.)
330 square feet of the embassy essentially. He or someone else turns on a white noise machine whenever a visitor arrives in case that person is recording the meeting without approval.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/08/21/julian-assange-a-man-without-a-country
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75