Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 320622 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #6240 on: December 6, 2023, 11:31:54 pm »
Where's C-I-T gone?  ;D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #6241 on: December 13, 2023, 09:03:46 pm »
Way things are going I'll be able to join this draft if there's still room? I am good to go from Friday
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6242 on: December 16, 2023, 12:49:37 am »
Come on you fuckers! Lets get something going for this christmas break and new years.  :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6243 on: December 27, 2023, 03:39:04 pm »
Well done dickheads, wasted a good 3 weeks to set one up.  ::)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6244 on: December 28, 2023, 06:06:34 pm »
Happy to get something going from next week. Like the Serie A draft that was mentioned previously.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6245 on: January 6, 2024, 03:31:49 pm »
A man who has been in and around the draft game has passed away today. Mario Zagallo has gone to the big man in the sky.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6246 on: January 7, 2024, 12:10:28 pm »
A man who has been in and around the draft game has passed away today. Mario Zagallo has gone to the big man in the sky.
Who is that Samie, is it a poster?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6247 on: January 7, 2024, 01:23:37 pm »
Who is that Samie, is it a poster?

Ha ha no mate.  :D

He won the World Cup as a player for Brazil before coaching the 70's team.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6248 on: January 8, 2024, 04:33:05 pm »
Now Beckenbauer gone.  :(

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #6249 on: January 22, 2024, 01:43:41 pm »
Gonna throw this out there, will run if people are happy. (Won't be participating though).

The ultimate trio draft

Three players to have won the World Cup as player and manager:
Mario Zagallo
Franz Beckenbauer
Didier Deschamps

Any players to have played alongside or be managed at club and international level, by any of the three is eligible to be picked.

Deschamps movement gives a wider range of players, you'll get many picked from 3 great nations, but then some great picks available from other nations too. Closed enough to ensure the back end of the draft will get interesting and clever picks will be needed.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6250 on: January 22, 2024, 03:21:34 pm »

You gave me a hell of a shock there, for a moment I thought Deschamps had passed away too!
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6251 on: January 22, 2024, 03:56:35 pm »
You gave me a hell of a shock there, for a moment I thought Deschamps had passed away too!

Deadier Deschamps.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6252 on: January 22, 2024, 05:47:39 pm »
RIP Didier

I'm in Nabil.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6253 on: January 27, 2024, 08:51:09 am »
What about the players Klopp has managed draft?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6254 on: January 27, 2024, 02:15:08 pm »
What about the players Klopp has managed draft?

ha, I was thinking the same thing.

To make it fair, must pick at least 2 players from each of his 3 clubs.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6255 on: January 27, 2024, 05:06:34 pm »
I'm working on an idea for a Klopp themed shopping list draft  :)

Similar to this one - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=341005.0
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6256 on: January 27, 2024, 09:18:26 pm »
How long Betts?

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #6257 on: February 5, 2024, 04:45:15 pm »
I will join in the next one.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6258 on: February 5, 2024, 11:01:31 pm »
Can we get something going for fucks sakes.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6259 on: February 6, 2024, 02:45:03 pm »
Perhaps do one during the next international break when everyone is extra bored.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #6260 on: February 6, 2024, 03:49:06 pm »
I don't think the interest is there anymore to have a full 16...
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6261 on: February 6, 2024, 03:55:55 pm »
Not for footie drafts maybe. But non footie drafts we get that easily.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6262 on: February 6, 2024, 05:04:35 pm »
I don't think the interest is there anymore to have a full 16...

I'm hoping the Klopp draft might turn a few heads and get some newbies involved. This one is going to be a biggie  :)

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #6263 on: February 11, 2024, 10:16:07 pm »
Haven't done one of these in years, or even been on this site :D but tempted to do this if it happens.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6264 on: February 11, 2024, 10:36:55 pm »
 :wave

Hello me ol' mucker.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6265 on: February 12, 2024, 04:57:26 pm »
Haven't done one of these in years, or even been on this site :D but tempted to do this if it happens.

Hello mate! Blast from the past there. You'd be more than welcome  :)

It would be great to get a few of the old guard back one last time for the special Klopp commemoration draft. Maybe you can twist Prof's arm, Samie?

The categories are pretty much there now. Here's a taster of what to expect -

[1] A player who played for Liverpool in one of their 6 European Cup/Champions League wins (must have appeared in the final).

[2] A German player with blonde hair.

[3] A player who wore the 19 shirt at pro level (must provide picture evidence of them visibly wearing the number in a match).

[6] Pick a player with an iconic goal or trophy celebration.

Just waiting for a good moment when everyone has a bit of time. Probably during the Internationals break in March.

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #6266 on: February 12, 2024, 10:17:07 pm »

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6267 on: February 13, 2024, 12:32:50 pm »

Glad you're still out there, mate! The legend of Badger Cull never dies  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6268 on: February 13, 2024, 01:23:27 pm »
That Badger Cull pick is an all timer.  NO ONE thought Prof would make it back to Europe with a South American pick. ;D

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6269 on: February 13, 2024, 02:44:36 pm »
Maybe good to start making a shortlist of who wants to join the commemoration Klopp draft?

So far we've got -

me
Samie
Popcorn
Prof?
Tubby
Draex
Lastrador
Red1977
Hazell

Where are all the regulars at - Nick, Hazell, Tubby, Draex, Chakan, Robbie, Bobby, Lastrador, Lone Star, Sheer, Mikey, Max, Nicholls etc  :wave

Start time: March?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 05:20:23 pm by Betty Blue »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6270 on: February 13, 2024, 02:45:02 pm »
Count me in.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6271 on: February 13, 2024, 02:49:13 pm »

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #6272 on: February 13, 2024, 04:02:39 pm »
Let's go

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6273 on: February 13, 2024, 05:29:51 pm »

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #6274 on: February 13, 2024, 07:57:17 pm »
Good to see some of the old names still playing. Hopefully I'm not too rusty ;D

Happy to start whenever suits others too.

Though looking at my profile pic I may have to edit that before anything. The De Bruyne I loved watching 8/9 years ago not really as popular on here these days understandably.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6275 on: February 13, 2024, 10:58:21 pm »
Good to see some of the old names still playing. Hopefully I'm not too rusty ;D

Happy to start whenever suits others too.

Though looking at my profile pic I may have to edit that before anything. The De Bruyne I loved watching 8/9 years ago not really as popular on here these days understandably.

Just don't pick a keeper in round 1 and you'll be fine  :D

Although KDB is a pretty popular pick lately. Hate City as much as we all do, he's probably one of the least offensive of theirs and through gritted teeth it's hard not to admit he's a top top player.

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6276 on: February 13, 2024, 11:23:57 pm »
Is this a draft where I have to be available on demand, or one where I can check in once a day?

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6277 on: February 13, 2024, 11:26:29 pm »
Glad you're still out there, mate! The legend of Badger Cull never dies  ;D
Hello old friend.  Glad you remember that one lol.

Now we've seen how Klopp sets his teams up, has anyone come around the idea that Gullit would make a world class centre back?

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6278 on: February 14, 2024, 08:33:25 am »
Yes, in please.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6279 on: February 14, 2024, 05:19:14 pm »
Is this a draft where I have to be available on demand, or one where I can check in once a day?

Hmmm might depend where you're drawn in the order. Sometimes it can take a whole day to come back and forward to you. I've also been considering experimenting with a 4 hour deadline to allow for slowcoaches, though the regulars may lose their minds  :D

Maybe you and Samie can reform the dream team one last time? Pity Lobo isn't around to complain anymore though

Hello old friend.  Glad you remember that one lol.

Now we've seen how Klopp sets his teams up, has anyone come around the idea that Gullit would make a world class centre back?

Well, you know where I've always stood on this - a stroke of genius. Should have had Gerrard in his best position at right back for the G-strings too though.