Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 320820 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #6080 on: November 10, 2023, 12:10:31 am »
If we're doing the footie draft call the likes of Drinks Sangria, Andy Muller and Lone Star mate.  :wave

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6081 on: November 10, 2023, 09:11:59 am »
In for whatever.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6082 on: November 10, 2023, 09:14:59 am »
Yeah I'm in.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6083 on: November 10, 2023, 10:42:58 am »
Premier League draft - 11 from 11 different nations

Sign-ups:

Me
Samie
Lastrador
Szobosslad
Draex
Hazell?

Vivabobby, mikey, classycarra, Musketeer Gripweed, John_P, Titi Camara, telekon, red mongoose, Max_powers, NICHOLLS, Sheer Magnetism, Elzar, Nick 69, RobbieRedman, red1977, Wullie160975, Drinks Sangria

Usually up for a draft.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 10:44:43 am by Draex »

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #6084 on: November 10, 2023, 10:43:35 am »
I'll do the 11 from 11 draft.

Not interested in the none-sport drafts.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6085 on: November 10, 2023, 12:24:41 pm »
The 'Football was invented in 1992' Sly Sports Premier League draft

1992-Present day

11 from 11 (one country per team)

Players judged on their performances in this era only

Sign-ups:

Me
Samie
Lastrador
Szobosslad
Draex
Tubby
Hazell
Elzar
Robbie
Sheer Mag
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 02:02:19 pm by Betty Blue »
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6086 on: November 10, 2023, 12:53:30 pm »
Just PMed the old gang

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6087 on: November 10, 2023, 01:19:17 pm »
In.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6088 on: November 10, 2023, 01:40:18 pm »
Yep. I'd rather do the teams but countries is fine too.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6089 on: November 10, 2023, 01:47:53 pm »
Yep. I'd rather do the teams but countries is fine too.

We did a 11 from 11 clubs edition with the EPL a couple of years ago. Maybe that would be good for Nicholls original all leagues 1990-present draft idea though.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6090 on: November 10, 2023, 04:05:46 pm »
Right, LET'S GO!

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6091 on: November 10, 2023, 04:10:59 pm »
I'm in.

You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6092 on: November 10, 2023, 05:06:45 pm »
We did a 11 from 11 clubs edition with the EPL a couple of years ago. Maybe that would be good for Nicholls original all leagues 1990-present draft idea though.

We not doing clubs and countries?

So if you chose Ali Dia (George Weahs cousin) you'd not be able to pick Southampton and Senegal.

Can't believe you don't know this popular football culture player Betty!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Dia

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6093 on: November 10, 2023, 05:15:20 pm »

I am in.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6094 on: November 10, 2023, 05:22:52 pm »
In for this, cheers.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6095 on: November 10, 2023, 05:24:50 pm »
Yeah why not.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #6096 on: November 10, 2023, 05:24:51 pm »
Yep
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6097 on: November 10, 2023, 05:51:10 pm »
VBG, how's it going grandad?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6098 on: November 10, 2023, 06:07:57 pm »
Go on then.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6099 on: November 11, 2023, 02:11:31 am »
I might sit this one out. Will have more time around Christmas.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #6100 on: November 11, 2023, 09:37:09 am »
VBG, how's it going grandad?

Good, mate. How about you, you little munchkin (*pinches cheeks really fucking hard*)  :wave
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 09:45:14 am by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #6101 on: November 11, 2023, 11:14:01 am »
I’m in.

Is having 11 different nations the only criteria?

And is it judged on Premier League performances or all within the era?
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #6102 on: November 13, 2023, 03:55:47 pm »
I’ve a heavy end of year workload and then off to New York for a week, so will sit this one out. Mid December onwards my work dries up until the New Year and I’ve 12 days off around Christmas so definitely will get involved with anything kicking off then.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6103 on: November 25, 2023, 11:30:40 pm »
I want all records of Trend wiped from Draft history, Any wins should be stripped and given to the runner up.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6104 on: November 26, 2023, 07:53:37 pm »
Gazette Seria A Draft next huh Betts? When we doing that?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6105 on: November 26, 2023, 10:02:41 pm »

Let's get it started. Given all the talk of Trend's corruption, we should allow for some in this draft, given it's Serie A.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6106 on: November 27, 2023, 01:32:26 pm »
I want all records of Trend wiped from Draft history, Any wins should be stripped and given to the runner up.

I don't think Trend ever won a footy draft, which is more impressive all things considered  :D  But I don't think he was always doing this. My guess is he only put out calls when he thought he had a shot at winning. There are three finals he reached though, which perhaps he shouldn't have done. All were tight votes with one vote in it. But who knows really. We need investigators to sift through Robbie's PMs for more evidence  ;D

I'm busy until Christmas now. It takes a lot of work to run a draft properly.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6107 on: November 27, 2023, 01:42:30 pm »
I knew that guy was a wrong 'un from the very beginning.  No one enters the Draft world without me knowing about it.  ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6108 on: November 27, 2023, 03:08:31 pm »
Would be amazed if Trend was the only one doing it.  There have been plenty of big and unexpected vote swings in drafts over the years.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6109 on: November 27, 2023, 03:14:30 pm »
Would be amazed if Trend was the only one doing it.  There have been plenty of big and unexpected vote swings in drafts over the years.

I know of at least one former drafter who had a second account. He once posted thinking he was on his main account and quickly deleted the post, but I saw it and PMed the culprit. He swore he never used it for voting, but I mean why have it otherwise?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6110 on: November 27, 2023, 03:18:29 pm »
RAWK Drafts more corrupt than FIFA , I've always said it.  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6111 on: November 27, 2023, 03:20:10 pm »
When we getting 30+ votes in drafts it's a little harder to call it out though.  Remember some drafts we got over 50 votes too.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6112 on: November 27, 2023, 03:22:42 pm »
I know of at least one former drafter who had a second account. He once posted thinking he was on his main account and quickly deleted the post, but I saw it and PMed the culprit. He swore he never used it for voting, but I mean why have it otherwise?

It is someone still around?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6113 on: November 27, 2023, 03:24:39 pm »
It's not one of the oldies I'm betting. A newbie drafter.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6114 on: November 27, 2023, 03:36:17 pm »
It is someone still around?

No, they got banned awhile back. They were one of the more sound drafters, which is what made it all the more surprising.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6115 on: November 27, 2023, 03:37:22 pm »
It's not one of the oldies I'm betting. A newbie drafter.

Not a newbie. There are plenty of newbies who have had multiple accounts though. Whether they had them simultaneously is another matter.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #6116 on: November 27, 2023, 03:54:44 pm »
I always vote against myself on the 4 accounts I have, but not before I have put a massive bet on myself to lose.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #6117 on: November 27, 2023, 05:30:07 pm »
I always vote against myself on the 4 accounts I have, but not before I have put a massive bet on myself to lose.
Are you Italian mate ?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6118 on: November 27, 2023, 05:54:31 pm »

In my first couple of drafts, mainly non football I did the odd bit of draft vote begging. As did my opponents. I only know the latter because I was out with royhendo when he got a PM from Jason42 asking for a vote - I was playing his team. So that was all fair game. We had about 50 votes between us for a rugby draft. :lmao

Now it’s just a hardcore of 15-20 sad bastards like us there’s no point reaching out to others!

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6119 on: November 27, 2023, 07:38:38 pm »
In my first couple of drafts, mainly non football I did the odd bit of draft vote begging. As did my opponents. I only know the latter because I was out with royhendo when he got a PM from Jason42 asking for a vote - I was playing his team. So that was all fair game. We had about 50 votes between us for a rugby draft. :lmao

Now it’s just a hardcore of 15-20 sad bastards like us there’s no point reaching out to others!

I'm quite sure a lot of that happened in the early early days. Back then it felt like RAWK drafts were more popularity contests  :D  I remember El Campeador winning two early footy drafts with clearly not the best team.

And yeah, I don't think much is happening these days. There are barely 16-18 votes each round, which suggests maybe 2 outside voters. It's when you get these weird spikes of 20+ voters that you start to wonder. That's not happened for a couple of years now.

There was definitely a time (before Trend) when we had some very suspect voting though. I was told awhile back that several draft regulars all knew each other. It came second hand though, so I won't name them because maybe that person was stirring. Who knows. But I think it's perfectly likely that people would have IRL mates on here. There's been enough irregularities in past RAWK votes for us all to have questions.