Author Topic: DIC pull out of deal/Gillett AND Hicks to take over?  (Read 290235 times)

Offline themule

• Legacy Fan
Re: DIC pull out of deal
« Reply #320 on: January 31, 2007, 05:13:12 pm »
anyone think DIC will be back

If everyone who thinks they love the club and want it to do well and blah fucking blah are right, then of course they will.

If, though, that's all shite and they've got a wee bit angry that we haven't rolled over and sucked their arab cocks, of course they fucking won't.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #321 on: January 31, 2007, 05:13:25 pm »
FFS  :butt

Moores IS THE BOARD!

Every one of them is HIS appointee and holds proxy shares on HIS behalf.

no need for the bold lettertype, I was only stating an opinion. This is, after all, a place where free speech is tolerated, even if sometimes you don't agree with it.

If you read the statement carefully you'll see that HE, David Moores, had agreed in principle that the sale would proceed, but that the deal could not be agreed with the rest of the board. Now I understand that they are just holding proxy shares on his behalf, but surely there must have been an agenda behind this. I can only point the finger at some of our other shareholders (e.g Granada and/or Morgan) scuppering the deal to get one back at him. For all we know, they may have approached the other board members and raised concerns that we may be taking a cut price offer, and try to hold out for more cash. Moores, being chairman, has obviously listened to them and advised Gillett that he could look at the books. DIC have taken this as a betrayal of a verbal agreement and told them to do one. Which now leaves us in a tricky spot; does Moores sack the board and go back to DIC, or does he go himself?

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: January 31, 2007, 05:13:25 pm »
Just to help you out here are the stages you will experience or are experiencing at the moment. You can track this through the thread and I think we're still mainly at anger but touching on bargaining.

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline cj

• didn't get where he is today without becoming a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: January 31, 2007, 05:13:27 pm »
What fucking tools our board are.  Shilly-shallying bastards, all of them - shall we take a deal to make LFC into a world Power House once again?  or shall we fuck around, piss them off and consider a guy who likes things just ticking over.

If I had a seasie (which I can't get as WE STILL HAVEN'T BUILT THE NEW FUCKING GROUND), I'd rip the fucker up as we have a board that in no way matches the ambition we have as supporters.

Go fuck themselves.
Why not go in and finance it yourself then?

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: January 31, 2007, 05:13:56 pm »
And therin lies the problems. They'll fanny about and piss about for two weeks, discussing it and being unsure what to say, and then release a statement.

This won't have been sprung on LFC an hour ago. Even if it was, they'll know why already.

The normal fucking slow arsed shoddy shite from the club.

OK I see your point. I guess they didnt just hear about the withdrawl on SSN as well !
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline mr-4

• Kopite
« Reply #325 on: January 31, 2007, 05:14:18 pm »
??? numb. speechless. amazed. depressed.

Yah, kneejerk central it is. bloody hell.

If this is not sorted sharpish I worry for the lads on Saturday - they are bound to be all unsettled after all this. Lets hope it is all cleared up by Friday otherwise there is hell to pray...
Mourinho, 19 Feb 2004: Liverpool over Chelsea, no doubt about it
Rick Parry, 22 Aug 2006: You have to aim for the stars, not mediocrity
Chris Bascombe, 21 Sep 2006: No matter how far back you seem, when you're blessed with class, anything is possible.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: January 31, 2007, 05:14:25 pm »
Wow kneejerks worse than a 6-3 home defeat

Nah, my computer hasn't crashed yet.

Offline ds2190

• Simon Cowell + Oswald Moseley's pernickety lovechild
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: January 31, 2007, 05:14:30 pm »
The way I see it:

DIC have worked hard at trying to make this the best possible deal for us. Now we have betrayed them in a sense by allowing Gillett to look at the books and make an offer. Yes, DIC have spent a lot during the due dilligence period but that is a risk that all businesses take when looking to invest.

Many are optimistic that this is a stunt to put pressure on the board; I think that it is genuine. Many businesses and clubs would welcome DIC with open arms - we were first in line because of the Sheik's supporting of the club. Now that we've fucked them over they will simply move on to someone else. Do you really think it matters to them who they buy? Whether they buy us or a club like Wigan they still stand to make millions back on their investment.

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #328 on: January 31, 2007, 05:14:32 pm »
meanwhile, absoloutely fuck all about this on .tv

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/

::)

I suppose it IS only 75 minutes since the news broke though...

A statement on this needs to come from the top so it's hardly surprising.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #329 on: January 31, 2007, 05:14:47 pm »
Just to help you out here are the stages you will experience or are experiencing at the moment. You can track this through the thread and I think we're still mainly at anger but touching on bargaining.

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

i must still be at the Denial stage
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #330 on: January 31, 2007, 05:14:52 pm »
Fuck. Disaster. Now the council money will evaporate as well.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: January 31, 2007, 05:14:59 pm »
If everyone who thinks they love the club and want it to do well and blah fucking blah are right, then of course they will.

If, though, that's all shite and they've got a wee bit angry that we haven't rolled over and sucked their arab cocks, of course they fucking won't.

You dont mix love with business. Like there statement said; as business men they move on but as fans ect ect ::)

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
« Reply #332 on: January 31, 2007, 05:15:05 pm »
Statement issued by Liverpool FC

5.15pm GMT 31st January 2007 AD

"

" End.

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: January 31, 2007, 05:15:09 pm »
i must still be at the Denial stage

No you're not

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #334 on: January 31, 2007, 05:15:12 pm »
So what happens if the American bid is accepted.

We as the fans need to do something to stop that deal going through.
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #335 on: January 31, 2007, 05:15:14 pm »
give them a chance!

Well how long did it take for DIC to release a statement? We had to hear about this from them. Not hear what Parry and Moores have to say

Offline rafathegaffa

• Legacy Fan
  • Bang bang Rosie
    • A few songs...
« Reply #336 on: January 31, 2007, 05:15:50 pm »

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

I'm just going straight to Depression. It's easier that way.

Offline Red Eyes

• Main Stander
  • A bastion of invincibility...
« Reply #337 on: January 31, 2007, 05:16:20 pm »
Let's take a bit of perspective on this.

DIC are masters at the PR game - look at how they have us salivating at the prospect of them taking over, and how they have convinced all us very traditionalist supporters that a bunch of very sharp, business-orientated arabs are just the very chaps we need running our club.  A masterstroke, no?

So if you were them and were faced with a counter-bid of a few mill more, what would you do?

A: Nothing, just sit back and politely wait to be asked for more cash

B: Put out a press release talking about how much you love Liverpool, look forward to continue supporting it, regret you cannot pay, etc...generate tons of headlines and page after page of emotional outpouring AGAINST Moores, Gillet, the LFC board...then sit back and watch the board come to you cap in hand.

Just think about it...
Bibo ergo sum

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #338 on: January 31, 2007, 05:16:24 pm »

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

also

Erotica
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: January 31, 2007, 05:16:39 pm »

We can go form FC Lpool ;)

Offline xerxes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: January 31, 2007, 05:16:42 pm »
it doest work like that mate. these are some of the most successfull businessman in the world, worth billions. 

Are they bollocks. They own a few oil wells, TravelLodge and a second rate horse racing operation. They are to business what Bully's special prize is to quiz shows. They saw that a bigger offer was coming in and they tried to force the board's hand. Losers. And I hope Moores tells Gillett to take a hike and all. Arsenal built their own ground with their own money, and so can we.
Xerxes MBE

Offline Ronanoman

• Kopite
« Reply #341 on: January 31, 2007, 05:17:01 pm »
Its terrible news and the investment would have been great since we'd have money as well as Moores and Parry still in charge. It's not a disaster though. I'm not sure about Gillet but we still need investment for the stadium and that's 15,000 extra tickets every home game, together with the new tv revenue and money the investor brings in (even if its not much) we're going to be a very healthy club. Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever be the best club in the world or even England again if we can't match Chelsea's and Utd's spending but there's still the occasional league to fight for hopefully...

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: January 31, 2007, 05:17:34 pm »

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

also

Erotica

You just cut and posted my earlier post ??

Offline Raftastic

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #343 on: January 31, 2007, 05:17:39 pm »
The boards on the official site have gone down,coincidence my fooking hairy arse.

Tossers the lot of them.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: January 31, 2007, 05:17:42 pm »

Yeah let's start up our own club called FC Liverpool of Liverpool, and then the next season when Rafa leads the lads at Liverpool FC to victory and everything is still fine at the club we can all just sneak back in and pretend we were fine with the deal

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #345 on: January 31, 2007, 05:17:44 pm »
The way I see it:

DIC have worked hard at trying to make this the best possible deal for us. Now we have betrayed them in a sense by allowing Gillett to look at the books and make an offer. Yes, DIC have spent a lot during the due dilligence period but that is a risk that all businesses take when looking to invest.

Many are optimistic that this is a stunt to put pressure on the board; I think that it is genuine. Many businesses and clubs would welcome DIC with open arms - we were first in line because of the Sheik's supporting of the club. Now that we've fucked them over they will simply move on to someone else. Do you really think it matters to them who they buy? Whether they buy us or a club like Wigan they still stand to make millions back on their investment.

Yep, I do think they care which club they buy. Chelsea and the Mancs are sold, for DIC it would be us or Arsenal. There's no one else people of this wealth and ego would consider putting their money and name to.

I think they'll be back, and I think Gillett's bid will crumble under scrutiny, not least cos it can't be accepted without Moores' say-so. And despite the fuck-ups he's made, despite the dithering, I don't think we should doubt he wants to do what's best for the club.
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #346 on: January 31, 2007, 05:17:56 pm »
A statement on this needs to come from the top so it's hardly surprising.
Well how long did it take for DIC to release a statement? We had to hear about this from them. Not hear what Parry and Moores have to say

Exactly.

Perhaps if the club were a bit quicker acting, things like the CL merchandise, the late sponsorship, the ever increasing costs of the stadium, the Simao deal, the Neill deal, and today alone the Mascherano deal and the DIC investment might not have been all royally fucked up...
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: January 31, 2007, 05:18:01 pm »

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

also

Erotica

Im past denial... i know DIC have fucked off for good. Im in anger... will be for a while.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #348 on: January 31, 2007, 05:18:09 pm »

No we don't, the board will fuck this up too.
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline Xabidodger

• Kopite
« Reply #349 on: January 31, 2007, 05:18:15 pm »
This is no way to run a railroad.  Where is Parry now?  There should be masses of supporters outside the gates demanding an answer.

Great protests outside advocated, when did we become Newcastle??  Let's wait and see what happens, let's hear the club's version as well. Disappointed to say the least, but when sellling the family silver you can only do it once.
"All that I know surely about morality and the obligations of man, I owe to football" Albert Camus

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #350 on: January 31, 2007, 05:18:22 pm »

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

Fuck this made me laugh

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: January 31, 2007, 05:18:41 pm »
Are they bollocks. They own a few oil wells, TravelLodge and a second rate horse racing operation. They are to business what Bully's special prize is to quiz shows. They saw that a bigger offer was coming in and they tried to force the board's hand. Losers. And I hope Moores tells Gillett to take a hike and all. Arsenal built their own ground with their own money, and so can we.

:butt
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline moody

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #352 on: January 31, 2007, 05:18:42 pm »
Football as usual.Football as usual.

Due dilligence , offers , acceptance , bids , rejections etc are all part of business.

If Gillette shares same vision as DIC shared with Liverpool then they are welcome.

But more important than all Saturday 3rd February 2007  12.45.

Lets move on , gutted or not.As for Rafa I hope we get Maschareno.

YNWA

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: January 31, 2007, 05:19:13 pm »
After all their posturing about understanding the club's needs, it suprises me that DIC would be so shallow as to pull out just because another offer is being considered.  I must believe that either they are still interested but posturing, or they never really gave a toss about the club in the first.  Parry and the board have done the right thing all along.  It would be wrong to refuse to consider a higher bid. 

:butt

So Gillett has a whip-round, gets a few loans and puts a wad of cash on the table two inches higher than the one from Dubai and we fall for it?

The Dubai deal was supposedly set up to keep Moores in place at the club and that's why he went for it.

All Gillett will have done is offer the silly twat some non-position so he can still go to all the games on the club's dime.

Meanwhile, DIC, backed by the one of the richest men in the world and the wealth of the state of Dubai pulls out because Moores The Muppet achieves a few more quid in his arse-pocket and still gets to go to the match and pretend to be "one of us".

It's a fucking JOKE.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #354 on: January 31, 2007, 05:19:14 pm »
Let's take a bit of perspective on this.

DIC are masters at the PR game - look at how they have us salivating at the prospect of them taking over, and how they have convinced all us very traditionalist supporters that a bunch of very sharp, business-orientated arabs are just the very chaps we need running our club.  A masterstroke, no?

So if you were them and were faced with a counter-bid of a few mill more, what would you do?

A: Nothing, just sit back and politely wait to be asked for more cash

B: Put out a press release talking about how much you love Liverpool, look forward to continue supporting it, regret you cannot pay, etc...generate tons of headlines and page after page of emotional outpouring AGAINST Moores, Gillet, the LFC board...then sit back and watch the board come to you cap in hand.

Just think about it...

I agree.

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #355 on: January 31, 2007, 05:19:28 pm »
Anyone spot a headline of

DICs out for the Reds

yet?
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: January 31, 2007, 05:19:33 pm »
Great protests outside advocated, when did we become Newcastle??

When our board became as greedy and useless as Fat Fred and his merry men.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: January 31, 2007, 05:19:35 pm »
at least with FC Libpool itll be wool free ;)

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #358 on: January 31, 2007, 05:20:18 pm »
Any one up for a chant at the Derby Saturday??????? The old standard sack the board or you don't know what you are doing would be good enough. Ansani will be at the game so if nothing else it will be a thank you to him for at least trying to oush us forward.

i fucking hope and pray that i never live to see the day that anything like that is sung around anfield. we are liverpool fc not some fucking third rate middle of the road fucking shambles of a club with fickle fans who will rip up their season tickets in front of the cameras just to get their own way...fuck me some fans have very short memories. is it not the same board that has financially backed rafa (and houllier before him) to the best of their ability.....i like to think we have class and dignity as a club and as supporters that itll never lead to shite like 'sack the board' chants...fuck off with your kneejerk shite

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: January 31, 2007, 05:20:19 pm »
Bloody ell.   ???

It does seem like a kneejerk reaction from DIC.  Their statement, towards the end, is almost child-like  (e.g. as business men we move on, and we hope as Liverpool supporters that their new owners blah blah blah, etc)

If that's the way DIC do business, then we're better off without them.  We don't need people who throw their toys out of the pram at the slightest annoyance.  Other clubs can have those types of leaders (eg egghead at west ham, shepherd a newcastle).  We always had a bit more class at the top.

As shareholders/directors of the club, our people have every damn right to consider all offers on the table. OK, I am no fan of the Gillette (sensor 2 was shite),  but for goodness sake if DIC were mature business people they'd understand that we had to look at it.  If the shoe was on the other foot, they'd be looking at all proposals prior to selling one of their assets.

I'm very depressed at this turn of events.....the pricks probably think they have us over a barrel - with the stadium build having to start by March time.  And fuk it, we are over a barrel.  Bastards.

I can only hope their statement was a kneekerk reaction and that parry is on the phone at the minute trying to get to the bottom of their bizarre reaction.