Author Topic: DIC pull out of deal/Gillett AND Hicks to take over?  (Read 290246 times)

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: DIC pull out of deal
« Reply #200 on: January 31, 2007, 04:46:43 pm »
JESUS FUCKING TITTY CHRIST

I hope I'm proved wrong but at the moment this looks like GREED pure and simple.

DIC were going to do everything the club wanted now and for the future but the whiff of someone paying more and the deal has gone.

As a fan if we have to be taken over - and it looks like we do - DIC couldn't have promise or said anything more - it's hard not to be really down about this news

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: January 31, 2007, 04:46:53 pm »

He's only owned it since 2000, but don't let the facts get in the way.  :wave

OK I didn't know that mate.

Offline LFCDore

• Kopite
« Reply #202 on: January 31, 2007, 04:47:04 pm »
We won't have a kitty and we won't have a new ground.

Thats OK 'cause we won't qualify for the new CL in 2009 and we won't have Rafa here for much longer.....

A bit knee jerk that. I am gutted, but its not doom and gloom. As long as Rafa is not unhappy. But, in the long run, when the likes of West Ham start spending more money than us, not having money will cost us dear.
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say, 'We're Liverpool'." --Bill Shankly

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #203 on: January 31, 2007, 04:47:26 pm »
Because the club is (as per usual) too slow to re-act. DIC are a highly professional investment company and will not stand for too many ifs and buts. To be honest I suspect that there is more to this than meets the eye - perhaps DIC already had their doubts???

I am disappointed with the board have not secured the financial future of the club after  spending YEARS trying to do so. Oh and this isnt about Chelsea want-to-bes or FM style transfers- it is about investment and security.

Agreed

Offline 12345

• once I caught a fish alive
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #204 on: January 31, 2007, 04:47:38 pm »
Disappointing as it is, life goes on and we still exist as a football club, a football club with a great manager, a great team and a big fucking game on Saturday that kickstarts a sequence of big fucking games, all of which we are capable of winning. Everything outside of this is just a fucking distraction...
Exactly dissapointing but I just want us to do well on the pitch. Well continue to look for investment but until then Moores and Parry can do what they have until now. I dont think this means in any way we 'have' to accept gillett.

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #205 on: January 31, 2007, 04:48:07 pm »
For fucks sake, can't anything be simple and trouble free.
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline LFC 2007

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #206 on: January 31, 2007, 04:48:13 pm »
to be honest, that Sikeh was a bit of a twat anyway.

He used thousands of 2 year-olds to build his fortune, and he is no stranger to slavery.

Pleased that wer're not linked with that. :scarf

....he looked like an evil fucker too!

Offline mentallist

• Boys Pen
  • The wait is almost over
« Reply #207 on: January 31, 2007, 04:48:49 pm »
Wallowing in the doldrums, reaching the dizzy heights of 3rd place in the Prem on rare occasions, and the yearly trips to Cardiff (well, even that out of question this year, and the venue is gonn abe London again)....  I like the way we are too.

And all while bitching about Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal, as they laugh their way to lifting trophies.  Great, I will crack open a bottle and drink to it.
What he said.
JJJ

Offline The Finn

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #208 on: January 31, 2007, 04:48:55 pm »
So what does this all mean for us in terms of a transfer kitty and the stadium? Is Gillet still keen on the groundshare?

According to the Echo, no

By confirming that a shared stadium with Everton has never been on his agenda, by agreeing to personally underwrite the new stadium funding, and by making a firm commitment to investing in future transfers, he has now moved alongside DIC as a realistic future owner.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 04:51:04 pm by The Finn »

Offline Robin Duke

• Kopite
« Reply #209 on: January 31, 2007, 04:49:21 pm »
Is this guy Gilette for ground share cos I've seen a couple of posts bring that up?  ???

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2007, 04:49:30 pm »
just when you thought it was a done deal, this happens. A lot of explaining will need to be done when the club isses a statement.
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: January 31, 2007, 04:49:30 pm »
In case anyone hasn't noticed, we are closer to the top of the league at this stage of the season than we have been in 5 years, and indeed 9 out of the last 10 years (I think).  We also won the FA Cup and European Cup in the last two seasons.

Oh whoa is us.  :wave

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #212 on: January 31, 2007, 04:49:50 pm »
the biggest concern is what will become of the 137 pages of investment news. surely this can reach the 200 page mark with the new gillett bid.

it would be a shame to let if flounder now, this topic should be moved into that thread for this reason and this reason only.

i am sure it can easily acheive another 70 pages of mindless speculation
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2007, 04:50:14 pm »
Am I the only one quite pleased? We keep a Liverpool owner and stay at Anfield.
Think it'll still go ahead though, looks like political move.

No, I'm pleased too.

There you are, I'm nailing my colours to the ''keep Liverpool as it is'' mast.

Offline mcevand

• Anny Roader
« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2007, 04:50:22 pm »
Am I the only one quite pleased? We keep a Liverpool owner and stay at Anfield.
Think it'll still go ahead though, looks like political move.

I'm sure your delighted, but i just can't see why.  We have a liverpool owner agreed, but he is skint, and doesn't have a clue.  If your happy with that, keep taking the tablets.  I for one wanted to be taken over by a company that would make sure we were run correctly on and off the pitch, and give us the money to make us champions again.  Now it looks like we will be overtaken by united in the total leagues won and sharing a ground with everton. 

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2007, 04:50:39 pm »
KLS  ;)

Offline kickinkaz

• Kopite
  • Do one thing every day that scares you
« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2007, 04:50:59 pm »

Lets not jump the gun about the board Moore and Parry, We don't know the Inside story.........yet,
 You cant trust the media..... We will find out soon enough what is actually going on 

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2007, 04:51:04 pm »
This 'could' be DIC playing hardball back with Liverpool. They know exactly what they are doing and I still think this deal is not dead yet.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2007, 04:51:35 pm »
Dubai Group pull out of Liverpool takeover
By Telegraph online
Last Updated: 4:46pm GMT 31/01/2007

The Dubai International Capital investment group have confirmed they have pulled out of their takeover of Liverpool - as first revealed by the Daily Telegraph.

The DIC, the investment arm of Dubai's ruling Makhtoum family, had been examining the club's books with a view to a £156 million buy-out.

However, the group have decided to withdraw following the failure of the Liverpool board to accept the offer last night which came after a rival bid by American billionaire George Gillett.

A statement released by the DIC read: "Dubai International Capital LLC today announces that it has decided to end negotiations with Liverpool FC and Athletic Grounds plc about a possible investment in the club.

"Having completed due diligence, DIC submitted a comprehensive offer to the Liverpool board. The offer had been accepted in principle by majority shareholder David Moores. It appears that the Liverpool board and the majority shareholder David Moores were unable to approve these terms in order to allow DIC to make a formal offer to all shareholders.

"Liverpool is the most successful football club in English football history. It exists to win things for its supporters. It deserves to be in the hands of people who support it, who understand its history and legend and who share the enthusiasm and passion of its fans.

"As businessmen, we move on. As fans, we hope that the new owners would share the same vision as we had for LFC and, of course, in realising the new stadium that is so badly needed to ensure the club can continue to compete at the highest level in the Premiership and Europe."

The news prolongs Liverpool's long search for the outside investment they believe they need to compete at the top end of the Premiership and in Europe.

DIC had been their most likely suitor and entered into discussions with the club late last year. The deal would have valued the club at £450m but the Dubai group have decided to withdraw following the board's decision to allow more time to consider the Gillett bid.

Gillett, owner of the Montreal Canadiens ice hockey team, has proposed a deal which is thought to offer shareholders more for their holdings.

Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2007, 04:51:35 pm »
Fucking bollocks.

I'm sure its the usual c*nts, we all know who they are
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: January 31, 2007, 04:51:36 pm »
We are making a big mistake. If we were to have investment at all these were the people to go with.

It seems to me like our board has got a little bit greedy. A deal was struck and we have moved the goal posts.

Now we are back to square one and what happens if Gillet decides he's the only buyer out there now !

I don't blame Parry as he can only do what Moores tells him.

Moores however, cannot make a decision to save his life.

Morgan was right in his view that Moores was not a businessman, just a rich boy from a rich family. I don't like Morgan or his plans but he was right on that.

The Gillett deal as I understand it was always the most financially lucrative, so why, at the 11th hour, tell one of the richest men in the world "Eh Hang on a minute, let's just look at this other offer again"

Moores has fannied around AGAIN.  :wanker

DIC have already spent millions trying to put the deal together and are supposedly not happy with the "professionalism and integrity of Liverpool's board".

For "Board" read "Moores". EVERYONE on that board is in his pocket.

Moores has wasted DIC's time and money on this and I don't blame them for fucking him off.

At the new stadium - if it ever gets built - all the turnstiles should be named "The David Moores Tribute Turnstile".

Because they spend their time going around and around in circles, but continue to take our mon£y.

Just like David Moores.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2007, 04:51:48 pm »
Go for second choice players again and wait till they 'turn good' but actually never will, cause they're not real Liverpool players.

We're on the same wavelength Fred.

The future looked bright, and now we have to get back on the Investment roundabout again prostituting ourselves to anyone with capital. This was one of the best offers we could have wished for and some fucking dillying and dallying has pushed the best set of investors away.

I wonder message this sends out to the market. I would rather stay as we are then have Gillett come in.
JFT97

Offline champs2005

• Aw! For FUCK'S sake!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's on random!
« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2007, 04:51:49 pm »
''5. What are the chances of DIC feeling slighted and taking over the bluenoses (much cheaper)  and throwing money at them just to rub our noses in it. Thats a big dread of mine btw.''

It's a bit like being jilted at the altar I suppose. gutted for the first couple of days, then you realise what a fucking stinking whore you could have got hitched to!

hey, we could have been REALLY lucky! Dic(ks) could have bought us, and Jose Mourhino could have been our new manager!

Oh happy days!

We're getting so desperate for success (in the league) we're losing sight of what we're about IMHO!
Quote from: Shaun
Get FUCKED 4 eyes! Why don't you go out with her if you love her so much?

Offline Stan.

• drinks warm piss, and come back to him when Owen actually joins utd. Until then leeeeeave Micky aloooone!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2007, 04:51:54 pm »
I'm not bothered.  I've always had my doubts about DIC, I just don't think you can run a football club and make the sort of profits their businesses like to make, unless you put ticket prices up and sign players who'll sell shirts (it might have been a rumour, but they said they wanted Beckham here!!! - if thats true, it says alot about them).  I don't know enough about gillett to comment, but at least he's involved in world sports, has experience and virtually as much cash.  If not, Moores has always put his hand in his pocket, and we've spent more than people think, and if expensive signings haven't worked out for us, blame the managers who signed them, not Moores - he's red till dead.
Someday soon everyone will know the truth.  96 never forgotten.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: January 31, 2007, 04:52:07 pm »
There are far too many assumptions being made in this thread.. we really know very little. Let's just see what happens (what else can we do)

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 31, 2007, 04:52:22 pm »
In case anyone hasn't noticed, we are closer to the top of the league at this stage of the season than we have been in 5 years, and indeed 9 out of the last 10 years (I think).  We also won the FA Cup and European Cup in the last two seasons.

Oh whoa is us.  :wave

I know.  We are shite.  We never win fuck all, and we can't spend more than £30 mill every season.
And we are no closer to winning the League than ever.... well not much.  And we really wanna be bossed by a crowd who might make the Russians appear friendly.

Offline Piledriver

• Anny Roader
  • There will be six minutes extra time..........
« Reply #226 on: January 31, 2007, 04:52:23 pm »
It could be just a gamble by DIC but it just seems that our board has fucked it up again,what the fuck is the difference if Moores makes 80 million or 88 million he is not going to live long enough to spend that amount of cash!So we now have just a free loading yank asset stripper who was FUCKING BANKRUPT IN THE EARLY NINTIES! WELCOME TO THE NEW LIVERPOOL ALL TOGETHER NOW

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #227 on: January 31, 2007, 04:52:25 pm »
Can I ask a quick question. Why does Moores have to ask his shareholders? As 51% shareholder he has control over where his 51% goes

Offline DannyD

• Son Of Millie Tant. General Secretary of the National Union of Ice Cream Miners
  • Legacy Fan
  • 60 Years torment for Palestinians make it the last
« Reply #228 on: January 31, 2007, 04:52:34 pm »
to be honest, that Sikeh was a bit of a twat anyway.

He used thousands of 2 year-olds to build his fortune, and he is no stranger to slavery.

Pleased that wer're not linked with that. :scarf

....he looked like an evil fucker too!

Go and read about him before you spout your mouth off, and while you are at it look up one of our board members TD Smith .......
I lay before you a plan of freedom - adopt it, and you rid the world of inequality, misery, and crime. A martyr in your cause, I am become the prophet of your salvation.

Offline susie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #229 on: January 31, 2007, 04:52:51 pm »
WTF?  I'm sorry but DIC are a business and so is LFC.  How can DIC possibly expect any shareholder to say "OK, we'll go with you guys even though someone else has bid" when there has been no time to consider the details of the other bid?

If they're that serious they should also be prepared to wait for all of the shareholders to have a look at what Gillett has to offer even if in the end they do say "Fuck off Gillett".

:no

I agree with this to be honest. After all the time and money DIC have put into the process so far, pulling out so suddenly seems absolutely ridiculous

Offline rafathegaffa

• Legacy Fan
  • Bang bang Rosie
    • A few songs...
« Reply #230 on: January 31, 2007, 04:53:02 pm »

Now we have to sell to Gillett.

Pure and simple we'll be Yanks like the Mancs.

Thanks.

Offline Joshytoohotty

• Potty Mouth
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 31, 2007, 04:53:07 pm »
I'm sure your delighted, but i just can't see why.  We have a liverpool owner agreed, but he is skint, and doesn't have a clue.  If your happy with that, keep taking the tablets.  I for one wanted to be taken over by a company that would make sure we were run correctly on and off the pitch, and give us the money to make us champions again.  Now it looks like we will be overtaken by united in the total leagues won and sharing a ground with everton. 

I wish people would fucking read the facts.

An article in the echo published today states he has "confirmed groundshare was never on his agenda".

I'm pissed off this has fallen through as well but fuck me it's not the apocolypse. 
They only drink water and bottles of coke, the Everton boys are a joke...

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #232 on: January 31, 2007, 04:53:12 pm »
Absolutely stunned.

There are 2 ways to look at this.

1) Did some of us get above ourselves thinking these rich guys would chuck loadsamoney at us allowing us to buy the world's top players. We don't know that for sure but that's maybe what everyone was thinking and that is why everyone is so upset.

2) Perhaps the board have got things right.

It is difficult to say which one is right as none of us know the ins and outs of both deals.
Just remember though that we are still Liverpool FC - by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2007, 04:53:12 pm »
Fuckin shockin this, be interesting to see what the club say.
PSN:lr3487

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #234 on: January 31, 2007, 04:53:14 pm »
3. If Moores refuses to sell to Gilett then where do we go from here? The old board remains and we become even less of an option to buy out after what appears to be an unmitigated disaster after all the right noises were being made by both parties.

possibly the most valid point raised on this thread so far. Moores aside, this board belong in the fucking stone age.

It's blatantly obvious that Moores doesn't want to groundshare, so if there is any sniff of that coming from the direction of Gillett he'll tell him stick it. If that happens, it's back to square one, but who would want to deal with the shower of monkeys on the board then?

I sincerely hope that Rick Parry can pull a rabbit out of the hat and turn this one around, but I suspect the damage is terminal. What a big shame, and a total embarrassment.

Offline champs2005

• Aw! For FUCK'S sake!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's on random!
« Reply #235 on: January 31, 2007, 04:53:27 pm »
We're on the same wavelength Fred.

The future looked bright, and now we have to get back on the Investment roundabout again prostituting ourselves to anyone with capital. This was one of the best offers we could have wished for and some fucking dillying and dallying has pushed the best set of investors away.

I wonder message this sends out to the market. I would rather stay as we are then have Gillett come in.

if they wanted us THAT badly, they wouldn't have thrown a fucking hissy fit over ''a bit of dillying and dallying''

We've had a narrow escape IMO!
Quote from: Shaun
Get FUCKED 4 eyes! Why don't you go out with her if you love her so much?

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: January 31, 2007, 04:53:39 pm »
No, I'm pleased too.

There you are, I'm nailing my colours to the ''keep Liverpool as it is'' mast.

And become just like Neverton  :wanker

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #237 on: January 31, 2007, 04:54:13 pm »
if they wanted us THAT badly, they wouldn't have thrown a fucking hissy fit over ''a bit of dillying and dallying''

We've had a narrow escape IMO!

And again I'll say...

That is not how business works.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline bjb7223

• Kopite
« Reply #238 on: January 31, 2007, 04:54:19 pm »
This 'could' be DIC playing hardball back with Liverpool. They know exactly what they are doing and I still think this deal is not dead yet.

hardball? These people come from a different culture. They see this as an act of dishonour. You agree a deal you shake on it and it goes through. That's what happens in their world. You don't court other investers behind someone's back looking for a better deal. Dubai is gone. 17 years without a league title and counting. Don't expect one soon. We cannot afford the Daniel Alves of the world. Gillet doesn't have money and will probbaly bring 400 million pounds of debt to the club. It's best if Moores jus keeps control of the club. Back to square one. Surpassed by our rivals. I bet they are laughing now. This is a joke.  I'll like to see a fan protest.

Offline Lanrmort

• Legacy Fan
  • What were the skies like when you were young?
« Reply #239 on: January 31, 2007, 04:54:23 pm »
Yes they were but the difference was DIC never said they wanted groundshare, where as originallg Gillett said he did. I don't know what you are not grasping here. My point is, if he wants Gillett can now say he wants groundshre, safe int he knowledge there are no other bidders.

My point is that DIC was not heaven and Gillett is not hell.

twitter: @mortoni