Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1766652 times)

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #15000 on: Yesterday at 06:59:58 am »
It’s fine we have the hospitality seats in the ARU, things have changed and that’s how it is. It’s also fine that people will use them to go to one off games, I get it. But FFS, put your phones away and stop filming everything and video calling your mates at home (how are you even getting a signal?!). And seriously, you’ve presumably seen football before and know where the away fans are based at Anfield? So when the opposition goalkeepers come out to warm up and the away fans start applauding them don’t copy them thinking it’s Alisson and Kelleher coming out.

It’s a weird mix up there, you’ve got people at the back really up for it then large groups of people paying a fortune for a one off game and they’re totally out of touch with everything or obsessed with filming it all.

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15001 on: Yesterday at 07:08:05 am »
Also, I think getting in to the habit of playing ring of fire and allez allez allez before YNWA every game is a bad move. It’s manufacturing the atmosphere and forcing it rather than letting it form organically. YNWA is what it is but it feels like everything is becoming so contrived.

Ok, it’s 6 minutes before kick off, get your phones and/or scarves out ready everyone, here we go!

(Still better than ACDC)

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #15002 on: Yesterday at 07:28:52 am »
and then they sing every other saturday on the jop and aymosphere goes shit, and payjetic having a flag day today after the last 2 no shows

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #15003 on: Yesterday at 10:00:49 am »
and then they sing every other saturday on the jop and aymosphere goes shit, and payjetic having a flag day today after the last 2 no shows

Your post is as bad as your spelling

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15004 on: Yesterday at 10:08:44 am »
Your post is as bad as your spelling

I'm not sure but I'd expect so. I'd juste expect both areas to...

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15005 on: Yesterday at 11:08:38 am »
Also, I think getting in to the habit of playing ring of fire and allez allez allez before YNWA every game is a bad move. It’s manufacturing the atmosphere and forcing it rather than letting it form organically. YNWA is what it is but it feels like everything is becoming so contrived.

Ok, it’s 6 minutes before kick off, get your phones and/or scarves out ready everyone, here we go!

(Still better than ACDC)

I was at Brentford on Saturday and they played Metallica before both kick offs to try and get the crowd going. Bit odd (but secretly enjoyed it).

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #15006 on: Yesterday at 11:32:46 am »
I was at Brentford on Saturday and they played Metallica before both kick offs to try and get the crowd going. Bit odd (but secretly enjoyed it).

Have a google what Port Adelaide do before every AFL game.

They wanted to create a similar thing to YNWA.

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #15007 on: Yesterday at 01:08:10 pm »

I bet your parents are proud of you

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15008 on: Yesterday at 03:08:50 pm »
Someone near me walking out boasting that his son is giving away games on his season ticket as he's no longer in the country WTF, Something seriously needs to happen to the STH Sheme, heavily needs modernised I reckon as clearly some STH's ain't even going to the games

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15009 on: Yesterday at 03:27:54 pm »
Someone near me walking out boasting that his son is giving away games on his season ticket as he's no longer in the country WTF, Something seriously needs to happen to the STH Sheme, heavily needs modernised I reckon as clearly some STH's ain't even going to the games

I've had the use, on and off, for over 20 years of St's of a couple who've never actually used them. They used to go, the family life/work life changed, so they had to stop just as they got their St's.They want to start again one day, would be bloody stupid to give them up, I've been 21 years on the list, and genuine reds get to use the tickets. I bet if they gave them up, they wouldn't go to two on the list, they be tourist seats instead
Jurgen YNWA

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #15010 on: Yesterday at 03:33:59 pm »
Any reason why George announced Endo scoring the first goal yesterday?

Atmosphere was really good. I think a mixture of really nice weather, a bank holiday weekend meaning it wasn't really a Sunday match and Klopps penultimate Anfield game. Outside the ground felt really good as well.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #15011 on: Yesterday at 03:41:01 pm »
I've had the use, on and off, for over 20 years of St's of a couple who've never actually used them. They used to go, the family life/work life changed, so they had to stop just as they got their St's.They want to start again one day, would be bloody stupid to give them up, I've been 21 years on the list, and genuine reds get to use the tickets. I bet if they gave them up, they wouldn't go to two on the list, they be tourist seats instead

You've been 21 years on the list, but everyone else on the list is a tourist?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15012 on: Yesterday at 03:52:23 pm »
You've been 21 years on the list, but everyone else on the list is a tourist?

Where the fuck did I say that? Never missed a fucking game between 2002 and 2010 at Anfield, been going the game since 1975, every week from when I was 12 I went on my own to Anfield, had to stop in 2010 due to other more pressing costs, go when I can afford it now seeing as it costs me over £150 every fucking game

You're just a fucking wum you
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:54:28 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #15013 on: Yesterday at 04:07:30 pm »
Where the fuck did I say that? Never missed a fucking game between 2002 and 2010 at Anfield, been going the game since 1975, every week from when I was 12 I went on my own to Anfield, had to stop in 2010 due to other more pressing costs, go when I can afford it now seeing as it costs me over £150 every fucking game

I thought you said that you'd been 21 years on the waiting list for a season ticket, but that the next in line was bound to be a tourist. Your post is a bit badly written so I'm sorry if I got that wrong.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #15014 on: Yesterday at 05:37:15 pm »
Watching the derby at Goodison the other week. I couldn't but notice a good average age of the crowd must have been in there twenties. It was like a throw back to when I went in the 70's and 80's.
Then you watch our home games and its like a Darby and Joans Club.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #15015 on: Yesterday at 06:31:14 pm »
Watching the derby at Goodison the other week. I couldn't but notice a good average age of the crowd must have been in there twenties. It was like a throw back to when I went in the 70's and 80's.
Then you watch our home games and its like a Darby and Joans Club.
It's annoying, isn't it. Thing is, anyone can get a ticket to see Everton, so their youth can get to see them any time they want. Our own youth have very little chance of getting tickets to see us. We've massively outgrown our own ground. Everton can accommodate anyone who wishes to see them. That's the difference. It's the price of being global, unfortunately.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline bossjon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #15016 on: Today at 10:57:34 am »
It is very old school for Everton.
You can easily get a ticket, with 3-4 of your mates, for almost every game even against us and United.
No expensive memberships, 10+ games the previous season, paying 200£ from a tout etc.

Strange their atmosphere is shite 9 games out of 10 though. They have a really good atmosphere when they play us or when they are up for it ( a bit like us ).
Goodison is the best ground in the country in terms of design for generating atmosphere. Really tight, close to the pitch, and an old low hanging roof that really contains the noise.
It will me a massive loss for them, they have had a huge opportunity to capitalize on that ground because it has always been a hard place to go to.
Now it will be another of these new grounds like emirates, etihad etc, they will lose much of that edge.

The old Main Stand was very important for Anfield to make it intimidating and loud. The new stand is massive, but the noise often gets lost from the kop.

Online Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15017 on: Today at 11:06:42 am »
Strange their atmosphere is shite 9 games out of 10 though. They have a really good atmosphere when they play us or when they are up for it ( a bit like us ).

Even then, their atmosphere is mostly just booing or screaming for a foul every time anyone goes near one of their players.

I'm envious of how easy it is to get a ticket though.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #15018 on: Today at 12:41:52 pm »
I used to work with a woman originally from the East Anglia area. She wanted to watch football in the City, couldn't get anywhere near Anfield so got a season ticket in the Bitters' Main Stand. She's not even a BS fan, but got the season ticket simply because she could. Anyone daft enough to want to watch them, can do.

It's a truly sad state of affairs that our own youth have been unable to get tickets and regularly enjoy watching our club with their mates. This has been happening for a long time now. Our new breed can't really get a look in anymore.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.