Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2493747 times)

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Hard to tell if we are being targeted by agents because of what type of player they think we will be looking for and which might be genuine links. Would Klopp really try the same trick of turning an attacking midfielder (Gini) into a central midfield workhorse?

To be fair De Paul has been playing proper centre mid/number 8 for Udinese for this whole season and for part of 19/20.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
To be fair De Paul has been playing proper centre mid/number 8 for Udinese for this whole season and for part of 19/20.

Fair enough. Dare I ask it, does anyone have his stats for defensive output? I see he can pick out a pass and is pretty press resistant but if the link was genuine there would be more evidence of him contributing in other areas.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
I think we can have Sancho for 2 1/2 Aouar’s, so no need for 5.

Houssem AOUAR.

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
Fair enough. Dare I ask it, does anyone have his stats for defensive output? I see he can pick out a pass and is pretty press resistant but if the link was genuine there would be more evidence of him contributing in other areas.

His ball progression stats, both passing and carrying the ball are at the very very top in Europe for midfielders, he could do very well both in transition and attacking a low block. His defensive numbers are not great in terms of percentile when compared to the top 5 European leagues, but a lot of it has to do with the way Udinese play. He has by far the most pressures in the team, by far the most blocked passes (which is a very big part of what Gini does in terms of cutting off passing lanes) and the 5th most tackles.

https://fbref.com/en/players/162efffd/scout/365_euro/Rodrigo-De-Paul-Scouting-Report
https://fbref.com/en/squads/04eea015/Udinese-Stats#all_stats_defense

Defense

Statistic   Per 90   Percentile
Tackles   1.64   20 
Tackles Won   1.03   18 
Tackles (Def 3rd)   0.91   52 
Tackles (Mid 3rd)   0.62   16 
Tackles (Att 3rd)   0.11   14 
Dribblers Tackled   0.57   32 
Dribbles Contested   1.85   29 
% of dribblers tackled   30.9%   49 
Dribbled Past   1.28   67 
Pressures   14.81   20 
Successful Pressures   4.15   15 
Successful Pressure %   28.0%   29 
Pressures (Def 3rd)   6.46   69 
Pressures (Mid 3rd)   5.41   3 
Pressures (Att 3rd)   2.94   59 
Blocks   1.80   67 
Shots Blocked   0.09   7 
Shots Saved   0.00   45 
Passes Blocked   1.71   84 
Interceptions   0.57   3 
Tkl+Int   2.21   9 
Clearances   0.55   9 
Errors   0.02   38 
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
I don't think we should pay attention to someone with the CT title of "Bundesliga is shit".

I mean, I didn't make it myself. The Bundesliga isn't shit, in fact its improved again over the last couple of years I would say, but equally it's still a sizable step up to the PL and I don't think people appreciate that enough when they're talking about signing players from there. I think we can do better than targeting players from Leipzig on the whole, obviously Konate may happen and he does look a ridiculous talent when he's actually fit, but offensively they don't really have any exceptional players at all imo.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
His ball progression stats, both passing and carrying the ball are at the very very top in Europe for midfielders, he could do very well both in transition and attacking a low block. His defensive numbers are not great in terms of percentile when compared to the top 5 European leagues, but a lot of it has to do with the way Udinese play. He has by far the most pressures in the team, by far the most blocked passes (which is a very big part of what Gini does in terms of cutting off passing lanes) and the 5th most tackles.

Thanks for that. I would say he is on our list then. And who wouldn't mind an Argie in our midfield again?

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Knowing how Edwards operates, I'd be surprised if we don't make a strong push for Vlahovic. The Serbian media are pretty confident that we have already entered in negotiations with his agent ...
For real? Do they tend to be reliable? Good news if so as he seems like he could be great, although to be honest I'd never heard of him before this year's transfer forum! I quite like the idea of a semi traditional number 9 like Vlahovic coming in, although I suspect we'll go for someone a bit more versatile who could fit into the way we (currently) play a bit more easily, but who knows?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
For real? Do they tend to be reliable? Good news if so as he seems like he could be great, although to be honest I'd never heard of him before this year's transfer forum! I quite like the idea of a semi traditional number 9 like Vlahovic coming in, although I suspect we'll go for someone a bit more versatile who could fit into the way we (currently) play a bit more easily, but who knows?

Well, they specifically mentioned the name of the agent (Darko Ristic) and the clubs he is negotiating with (LFC and AC Milan). The same reports have surfaced in Italy, so there might be something in it. What worries me is the Italian press reporting that Dortmund are also interested ...

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Knowing how Edwards operates, I'd be surprised if we don't make a strong push for Vlahovic. The Serbian media are pretty confident that we have already entered in negotiations with his agent ...

Do you have a source for this mate? Always interesting when the source is native. Remember Lovren signing for us was first broken by the Croatian media.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Do you have a source for this mate? Always interesting when the source is native. Remember Lovren signing for us was first broken by the Croatian media.

It was a sports TV show that I watch from time to time. They usually don't talk too much bollocks ...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Does mentioning his agent make it more reliable? Seems something you could find out using google.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
It was a sports TV show that I watch from time to time. They usually don't talk too much bollocks ...

Ah ok.

Transfer season is upon us and it's always exciting when we're linked with players I know very little about.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
Tomori seems to be doing well since his move, what's his numbers like? Potential target....?

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
Tomori seems to be doing well since his move, what's his numbers like? Potential target....?

Still a Chelsea player isn’t he ?

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well, they specifically mentioned the name of the agent (Darko Ristic) and the clubs he is negotiating with (LFC and AC Milan). The same reports have surfaced in Italy, so there might be something in it. What worries me is the Italian press reporting that Dortmund are also interested ...
Ta man. Could be a goer then, but Dortmund being in for him would make sense seeing as Haaland's probably on his way. Ah well, twas a nice dream. Maybe we can convert Almiron into a false 9 or something.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
Still a Chelsea player isn’t he ?

Not sure to be honest, but it looks like he's really matured being in Milan. I'd be all over him like a rash if he were attainable.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Which sports show?

Must be on you tube somewhere
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
Does mentioning his agent make it more reliable? Seems something you could find out using google.

Well, I don't know what it means, but the journo has specifically mentioned that Ristic has received calls from a lot of top European clubs, and that LFC and AC Milan went even further than that, by making a concrete offer to his client ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
Which sports show?

Must be on you tube somewhere

It was on SportKlub. I will try to find it ...

Edit: The Serbian SportKlub ...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 08:37:35 pm by PeterTheRed »

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
Malen at PSV an option too?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
Malen at PSV an option too?

Could be an option, since he is a very good young striker. Shame that he is represented by Mino Raiola ...

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
I quite like the idea of a semi traditional number 9 coming in

Benteke has been in the goals recently...
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
It was on SportKlub. I will try to find it ...

Edit: The Serbian SportKlub ...

I know what you're talking about, they aren't a rubbish source either. But they don't put all their segments on Youtube.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
Could be an option, since he is a very good young striker. Shame that he is represented by Mino Raiola ...

Oh might not be an option then 🤣

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-liverpool-sancho-transfer-breaking-20580930

Oh well it was nice to dream! Still think we need 3 or 4 in, a centre back or 2, a midfielder and a forward

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp said in his presser [embargo portion], not to expect a lot of business.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Just a normal playing down of expectations.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp said in his presser [embargo portion], not to expect a lot of business.
Not really. He just big money transfers like Haaland,Mbappe & Sancho. We knew that .
The market will be really strange. I hear a lot about big-money moves, is Mbappe going or not, Haaland, Sancho, these kind of things. I don’t see that happening a lot this summer because the football world is still not in the same place it was before."

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1392593467520466944

urgen Klopp about Liverpool transfers plan in the summer: “The business depends on what happens if somebody wants to leave, if players want to go, if we sell, stuff like this... and this is why we can never really plan early

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
Three new signings wouldn’t be a lot of business.

A defender, a midfielder, a forward and much better luck with injuries and we’ll be good to go for next season. We were never going to be in for the likes of Sancho this summer.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
We can never plan early… :)

Liverpool always plan  early…..we know that
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Three new signings wouldn’t be a lot of business.

A defender, a midfielder, a forward and much better luck with injuries and we’ll be good to go for next season. We were never going to be in for the likes of Sancho this summer.

We will sign players. The club don’t have an option not to due to the situation around contracts and ages.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Meanwhile, the Times are saying after years of thrift City want either Haaland or Kane, Grealish, Rice and a (customary) left back

Saviours of English football, etc, etc

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
We will sign players. The club don’t have an option not to due to the situation around contracts and ages.

I know, I didn’t say otherwise.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
Well, he is telling the truth. Clubs have lost a lot of money during the pandemic, so there will be a lot of free transfers, loan deals and swap deals. As for the permanent deals, the main targets for most clubs will be the players with 12 months left on their contract, due to the lower price than the realistic one. Hardly a rocket science ...

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Meanwhile, the Times are saying after years of thrift City want either Haaland or Kane, Grealish, Rice and a (customary) left back

Another left back?  That’s over £300million on full backs in just over three years already.. fuck me.
W

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Last summer was quiet and we still signed Thiago, Jota and Tsimikas. The situation then was much, much more unpredictable as we were in the thick of it with COVID. This summer, by comparison, should be much more normal albeit a lot of clubs not able to spend massively. Fully expect us to sign 3-5 players, even if some arrive later (the Euros starts in just a few weeks, an added complication). Might be a case of Konate in then a couple of months of nothing happening, followed by a bit of an August blitz. That way we can see what’s on the table for the likes of Shaq, Minamino, Origi etc.

It was similar last year, felt like we were standing still all summer only to announce two belter deals within 24 hours of each other in mid-September, one week after the new season started.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan

Plus some reports that Sancho is pushing to join United. I would be pretty gutted if Sancho went to United and Grealish to City. 2 amazing footballers.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
Hard to read too much in to those comments with Klopp or where is is aiming them at. He doesn't say we're not going to be active, just that we're not going to be splashing the clash to sign one of the big boys, which I think we all knew that anyway. Sounds like it might be a chess piece of a summer with all clubs or we're going to play the long game with signings (probably a CB aside).

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Hard to read too much in to those comments with Klopp or where is is aiming them at. He doesn't say we're not going to be active, just that we're not going to be splashing the clash to sign one of the big boys, which I think we all knew that anyway. Sounds like it might be a chess piece of a summer with all clubs or we're going to play the long game with signings (probably a CB aside).

Yep. Plus we were never signing Mbappe or Haaland, even with the impact of COVID. The Mbappe links have always been a joke.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
Sancho and Grealish will cost a fortune. As usual, we will sign someone for half the price, who will do much better than those two ...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 11:48:01 pm by PeterTheRed »