Author Topic: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent  (Read 342749 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent
« Reply #2160 on: April 12, 2012, 06:43:44 pm »
Good riddance to 'Moneyball' obsession some fans are preoccupied with.

What?... 'Moneyball' is a strategy that Henry and FSG subscribe to and Werner said that the problem with Comolli was that he wasn't following the strategy.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #2161 on: April 12, 2012, 06:43:47 pm »
How do you know we have missed on players because his tightness ?
Didnt understand that comment either.£35M for Carroll,£20M for Downing,dead tight!
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2162 on: April 12, 2012, 06:43:51 pm »
Why is everyone suggesting David Dein?  I've no knowledge of Arsenal's finances or whatever under his stewardship, is it because he did well with the Emirates and thus has been linked to us (regarding stadium development)?

Would appreciate some information...
Ian Nash played the main role in arsenals stadium and it's financing....

Currently employed by lfc and has been for some time.

A CEO like dein would be to ensure FSG methodology was used and to act as their representative.

Not sure about dein, I think he still owns shares in arsenal.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #2163 on: April 12, 2012, 06:44:27 pm »
Mental.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2164 on: April 12, 2012, 06:44:30 pm »
This should not unsettle the team. If it does, we deserve to lose.

It'll only have unsettled them if we lose.

Offline Houlliers goal face

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2165 on: April 12, 2012, 06:44:44 pm »
By some, of course it will. Especially those who are desperate to see the worst regardless of the facts and the reality. This will have fuck all impact on the players. Dos anyone think they go on the pitch thinking "thank fuck Damian Comolli is our Director of Football..." and now that he's gone they'll go to pieces?

You and everyone else are dismissing the impact this can have on the players, cos you assume it has to be a negative one.

Maybe, they expect a positive impact and that's why it occured today.

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #2166 on: April 12, 2012, 06:45:23 pm »
Cleaning the fucking house... nice.

about some time the owners have balls and change things if they don't work
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2167 on: April 12, 2012, 06:45:48 pm »
Dein would be an excellent appointment, in my opinion. He understands the game and how to run a successful club. He also would provide good leadership on key issues, some of which we have been missing in the Suarez case for example.

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2168 on: April 12, 2012, 06:46:09 pm »

A CEO like dein would be to ensure FSG methodology was used and to act as their representative.

Nah, he sold them all a while back.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2169 on: April 12, 2012, 06:46:14 pm »

Thought he sold them to Usmanov?

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
« Reply #2170 on: April 12, 2012, 06:46:36 pm »
Isn't dein about 150 years old?

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2171 on: April 12, 2012, 06:46:37 pm »
I wouldn't say it would unsettle the team but it does suggest that they need to improve.

If anything it should llight a fire up under their ass!

Offline Carlos: Very Kickable

• Pompous Twat. Scourge of Pinko Liberalism. Attitude to Cyan Conservatism is unclear. Lives in a Monochrome world and is baffled by colours.
  • Legacy Fan
  • As Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus would say...
« Reply #2172 on: April 12, 2012, 06:46:56 pm »
Ruthless say some, reckless says I.

Disagree.

I think FSG’s strategy makes complete sense. Just to quote myself:

Liverpool FC Forum / Our most important signings this Summer.
« on: April 6, 2012, 11:58:06 AM »

So i would like to see:

1. Tactics. Andre Villas Boas.

This is the level of detailed tactical acumen you need to succeed in the modern game (dammit can't embed)

2. Goalkeeping. Xavi Valero.

Pepe was twice the keeper when Valero was our goalkeeping coach. Buying out his contract with Inter would surely be cheaper in earning us an extra 6 points a season compared to spending millions more on a slightly better defender than we already have? Plus it was well documented that he used to help Torres by advising him how to play against certain golkeepers. Another addition who would pay for himself.

2.   Kenny’s performance hasn’t been good enough this season

Then: Kenny is the embodiment of the club and I back him completely for at least another season – not just because he is Kenny and deserves that but also because he has earned it with the way he came in at the tail end of last season and stabilised the club, had us playing amazing football and put together a consistent run till we ran out of fit players. Last season that was in the top two managerial performances of the season for me. Even without significant investment I thought we would challenge for a top 4 spot in the league as kenny's ideas became more asimilated into the cub and the players got more used to learning how to play with Suarez and Carroll.

Now: Kenny is the embodiment of the club and I back him completely for at least another season – not just because he is Kenny and deserves that but also because he has earned it. Nevertheless his performance as a manager has not been as good as Ferguson, Mancini, Wenger, Lambert, Moyes, Rogers or Pardew this season. You can have the strongest squad with the best players and still fall short if you don’t have the best manager (or at least the best managerial performance) which is the situation that Man City are facing right now. We are already way short as a team so the question is can we succeed with the 4th best managerial performance (let alone the 5th or 6th?)

Lesson Learned: Kenny was more than good enough as a manager last season which means that with the right backing he can achieve that again. For me the one massive overriding difference between now and then is the players we have brought in. The experiment hasn’t worked and we need to change our policy of player recruitment. At the moment we don’t know if that’s down to Kenny or Comolli so if we are going to back Kenny we have to back him all the way and give him complete power over the transfers coming into the club.

We need better tactical acumen, better coaching, better transfers and for better value.

The personnel who have been fired reflect that completely. Without these things being optimised it’s impossible to evaluate Kenny as a manager.

Yes, Comolli was brought in nepotistically but this was as part of a project by FSG to introduce some new thinking into the game – without a new approach we are destined to fail since we are already behind our rivals and can’t outspend them. To this end, a statistics-based approach need the right personnel to see it through and enact it, frankly it doesn’t matter HOW those people were initially found as long as they bought into the project. Just because he was appointed on the recommendation of someone who used a moneyball approach in Baseball doesn’t mean he was appointed on a ‘whim’. Oddly you acknowledge he was a reasonable appointment when you say he did an alright job – but the experiment (as far as FSG and others including myself are concerned) has failed. Giving him more time in the position won’t change the failure of this season – even if his acquisitions this summer were all to be successful. It would be a big gamble to throw money after bad.

Now, ideally the best thing would be to get things right first time – but that rarely happens at this level – what you hope for is that the owners have the courage to jettison a plan that has been given a fair chance but is patently not working. Your comments on Hodgson actually show why FSG should be given some patience – yes we could have got rid of him earlier but the plan was to make the best of that season and appoint a new, young, forward-looking manager in Summer – the fact that Hodgson did so badly that we had no choice to jettison him was the only reason Kenny was even in the frame.

Ultimately, only time will tell if they have made the right choice - but the chances of that are high because they have been, as in most of their decision-making, smart, bold and ruthless.
I know you struggle with reading comprehension Carlitos, but do try to pay attention

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2173 on: April 12, 2012, 06:46:58 pm »
Ah cheers
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2174 on: April 12, 2012, 06:48:08 pm »
If the head of my organisation was sacked and few other higher ups... Would it affect my morale or performance?

No.

It'd probably help, especially if things weren't going as well as they should.

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2175 on: April 12, 2012, 06:48:40 pm »
Isn't dein about 150 years old?

We wouldn't be signing him for his pace!

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2176 on: April 12, 2012, 06:49:02 pm »
If we get beat on Saturday is all this going to get the blame for it - unsettling the team ........

I dont see why the sacking of a DoF who has nothing to do with the coaching at all should unsettle the team.  Who knows, it may even have the opposite effect!
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline bottleandahalf

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Peace, Love and Empathy.
« Reply #2177 on: April 12, 2012, 06:49:04 pm »
:)

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2178 on: April 12, 2012, 06:49:08 pm »
Disagree.

I think FSG’s strategy makes complete sense. Just to quote myself:

So i would like to see:

Are you suggesting we hire AVB to do tactics?

It'd be innovative if nothing else i guess.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2179 on: April 12, 2012, 06:49:15 pm »
Ah cheers

Think that's how he jumped up his shareholding when rest of the board had refused to sell. We're rumours if Usmanov got full control Dein would be back as CEO but that doesn't look like happening any time soon.

• Kopite
« Reply #2180 on: April 12, 2012, 06:49:27 pm »

Exactly!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2181 on: April 12, 2012, 06:49:33 pm »
If we get beat on Saturday is all this going to get the blame for it - unsettling the team ........

Might be the rocket some players need. If they don't pull their weight, they are out.

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #2182 on: April 12, 2012, 06:50:20 pm »
Good riddance to 'Moneyball' obsession some fans are preoccupied with.

I highly doubt moneyball-esque principles have left with Comolli

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2183 on: April 12, 2012, 06:50:29 pm »
If the head of my organisation was sacked and few other higher ups... Would it affect my morale or performance?

No.

This...maybe all the players hated DC?  Maybe we go undefeated the rest of the season!   ;)
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline scottishRED

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2184 on: April 12, 2012, 06:50:53 pm »
By some, of course it will. Especially those who are desperate to see the worst regardless of the facts and the reality. This will have fuck all impact on the players. Dos anyone think they go on the pitch thinking "thank fuck Damian Comolli is our Director of Football..." and now that he's gone they'll go to pieces?

There is an underlying message here though - that the signings during Comolli's reign are not up to scratch (or simply "shit" if you want another word), and there will be a lot of resulting media scrutiny of just how poor the likes of Downing, Adam, Carroll and Henderson have been.

I'd be disappointed if they do 'go to pieces', but doesn't this bring a bit of needless focus on these players prior to a big game?

That said, it's not as though it's original thought these days to suggest that these boys have been unacceptably poor and bad value for money.  Maybe it doesn't put anything 'new' out there about the players, but actually creates a handy distraction from the build up to a game which really does make or break our season.

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
« Reply #2185 on: April 12, 2012, 06:51:23 pm »
I remember a while back reading on here that brian barwick was helping out media wise at lfc if thats the case if we had him and dein running the show in the ceo/media capacitys we'd be a lot more professional off the pitch imo.
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline longtimered

• Kopite
« Reply #2186 on: April 12, 2012, 06:51:35 pm »

Actually it was Keith Edelman who developed the ground development strategy at Arsenel.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2187 on: April 12, 2012, 06:51:43 pm »
£75 million

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2188 on: April 12, 2012, 06:52:17 pm »
This...maybe all the players hated DC?  Maybe we go undefeated the rest of the season!   ;)

to be honest I doubt they hate him, I doubt they have a huge amount of daily contact or involvement with him, but the players will be frustrated with things this season and as harsh as it sounds, a bit of blood-letting helps sometimes.

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
« Reply #2189 on: April 12, 2012, 06:52:30 pm »

True. His legs must have gone at 70 though surely.

In all seriousness, this isn't the politburo. We can't wheel out coffin dodgers and talk about long term strategy.

Offline Wideboy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2190 on: April 12, 2012, 06:53:07 pm »
Quote from: Carlos Qiqabal
So i would like to see:

2. Goalkeeping. Xavi Valero.

3. Media Consultant. Ray Wilkins?  ;D

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2191 on: April 12, 2012, 06:53:32 pm »

How did things work out when Rick Parry got the P45, 3-0 loss at Boro ?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2192 on: April 12, 2012, 06:53:33 pm »
Actually it was Keith Edelman who developed the ground development strategy at Arsenel.
Thought it was him and Nash?
W

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2193 on: April 12, 2012, 06:54:19 pm »
no surprise for me that camoli has gone

kenny could still go in the summer aswell

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2194 on: April 12, 2012, 06:54:43 pm »
You and everyone else are dismissing the impact this can have on the players, cos you assume it has to be a negative one.

Maybe, they expect a positive impact and that's why it occured today.

We are playing an FA Cup semi-final against Everton at Wembley in front of 89,000 the day before the 23rd anniversary of Hillsborough. Commolli leaving will have fuck all impact on the players one way or another.

Royhendo, 5thBenitle and I did the Wembley tour after the last Blizzard event and though I'm not a big fan of Wembley, when I walked down the tunnel and on to the pitch I was blown away. If any player is thinking about Commoli when they walk down the tunnel... well simply they won't. It's utter fucking tripe.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2195 on: April 12, 2012, 06:55:00 pm »
no surprise for me that camoli has gone

kenny could still go in the summer aswell

Who's "Camoli"

• Kopite
« Reply #2196 on: April 12, 2012, 06:56:00 pm »
to be honest I doubt they hate him, I doubt they have a huge amount of daily contact or involvement with him, but the players will be frustrated with things this season and as harsh as it sounds, a bit of blood-letting helps sometimes.

Had daily contact with him. Most of his time was spent working out of Melwood.

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
« Reply #2197 on: April 12, 2012, 06:56:30 pm »
would be ecstatic if we were to bring dien in as chief executive. he'd sort us out and make sure we're run properly. just what we need.
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #2198 on: April 12, 2012, 06:57:00 pm »
According to Word Thief,legal chief Natalie Wignall is the next one to go,after her poor showing in the Suarez case.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline lfcshaunod

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #2199 on: April 12, 2012, 06:58:04 pm »
How did things work out when Rick Parry got the P45, 3-0 loss at Boro ?

And you think that was because Parry left?
I'M NOT NED STARK'S BASTARD!!!