Author Topic: International Watch  (Read 286316 times)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: International Watch
« Reply #2080 on: March 30, 2022, 09:51:03 am »
Elliott, Jones, Kelleher and Konate, then possibly also Neco and Ox (providing they don’t leave). Good core to have a couple of weeks off and a good core for the youth to train with for a couple of weeks too.

Naby too?

Matip?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2081 on: March 30, 2022, 10:03:08 am »
Robertson may not go, Tsimikas not going. Gomez probably won’t get picked. We should be in a good place to take advantage next season.

All countered by Algeria somehow conspiring to miss out, meaning Mahrez will still somehow be scoring every bloody week  ::) ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #2082 on: March 30, 2022, 11:32:31 am »
That crowd stuff at Senegal - Egypt is just bonkers.

And thanks Barney for the detailed info - who's playing, where, starts, bench etc.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2083 on: March 30, 2022, 11:44:36 am »
The lasers couldn't have bothered the Egyptians because if it had they would surely have said something.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2084 on: March 30, 2022, 12:00:51 pm »
The lasers couldn't have bothered the Egyptians because if it had they would surely have said something.

They did say something - and the referee and 4th official ignored them on each occasion.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2085 on: March 30, 2022, 12:05:24 pm »
They also only scored one of their penalties, so I'm not sure we can be certain it didn't bother them

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2086 on: March 30, 2022, 12:07:19 pm »
how in God's name could it NOT bother them?  jesus ....

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2087 on: March 30, 2022, 01:07:51 pm »
Alisson is a goalie not as concerned

It's not a concern after the fact given he didn't get injured. But he could have. He had no business playing if it wasn't his choice. It's not as if the manager is giving him game time to get used to his way of playing, or build an understanding with his defence. He risked him getting injured for no reason.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #2088 on: March 30, 2022, 04:53:20 pm »
What the absolute fuck is wrong with Senegal fans?
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2089 on: March 30, 2022, 05:43:19 pm »
The Egyptians are usually good at taking penalties so I'm not sure anyone can be certain that the lasers didn't contribute to it. I am really sad for Salah that he misses the World Cup in that way. Just disappointing all round.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2090 on: March 30, 2022, 06:46:05 pm »

'Senegalese fans pelt Egyptian keepers with shoes and bottles as they attempt to warm up before the game' - https://twitter.com/amr21ds/status/1508844752975937545

What the absolute fuck is wrong with Senegal fans?

Probably been sat in Dakar watching the mancs, bunch of wools.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2091 on: March 30, 2022, 08:20:38 pm »
Throwing a shoe is regarded as a real insult in the middle-east, no?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2092 on: March 30, 2022, 09:24:24 pm »
It's not a concern after the fact given he didn't get injured. But he could have. He had no business playing if it wasn't his choice. It's not as if the manager is giving him game time to get used to his way of playing, or build an understanding with his defence. He risked him getting injured for no reason.
Goalie generally the less injury risk position. Remember Brazil Goalie coach is also on the Liverpool staff. It also possible Alisson also wanted to play for match sharpness

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2093 on: May 25, 2022, 10:20:37 am »
Southgate: "We've got the embarrassment now of playing behind closed doors at home.

"Normally when you watch those things having happened abroad we're all grandstanding about how it's someone else's problem and how this country should be dealt with - and now it's us. That's not a good optic for our country."
I don't rate Southgate as a tactician but he's the best we've had in my lifetime for everything else the England job entails.  He's been really clear and consistent on "taking the knee" and he went in two-footed on the trolls after the penalty shoot-out loss.  When players have, in his eyes, disrespected the privilege of playing for England he's bombed them out.

He also took a broader view of the stupid pitch invasions we've seen in the past few weeks (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61569269).  The usual cowardly response of "my job is just to pick an England team" isn't one I've ever heard him use.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2094 on: May 25, 2022, 10:44:32 am »
I don't rate Southgate as a tactician but he's the best we've had in my lifetime for everything else the England job entails.  He's been really clear and consistent on "taking the knee" and he went in two-footed on the trolls after the penalty shoot-out loss.  When players have, in his eyes, disrespected the privilege of playing for England he's bombed them out.

He also took a broader view of the stupid pitch invasions we've seen in the past few weeks (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61569269).  The usual cowardly response of "my job is just to pick an England team" isn't one I've ever heard him use.

Didn't he pretty much have that response when asked about where its taking place?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2095 on: May 25, 2022, 10:47:15 am »
Didn't he pretty much have that response when asked about where its taking place?

Yes he did and Eddie Howe has borrowed it fron him too !!

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2096 on: May 25, 2022, 11:03:07 am »

He's an apathetic twat on Qatar...

'Gareth Southgate has questioned what England would achieve by boycotting this year's World Cup due to human rights issues in Qatar.':-

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1507478234430062594 (2 minute video)

"The biggest issue that is non-religious and non-cultural is what happened with the building of the stadiums - and there is nothing we can do about that either".

Then goes into whataboutery on Sainsburys and investments in the UK... can't even bring himself to acknowledge or mention the 6500+ deaths of the stadium workers.

He won't even mention the numbers of deaths for the construction workers there, or talk about the appalling conditions for the workers - just a glib "there is nothing we can do about that either" -in various situations where Qatar has been brought up in conversation with him. Like others said in Qatar thread, he's in the best job he'll ever likely have - so he won't rock the boat - safe pair of hands and all that.

I've no doubt in the future... he'll come out with a few lines about 'having some regrets' about not speaking up more etc - but it'll likely just be glib lip-service.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 11:06:58 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2097 on: May 25, 2022, 11:06:10 am »
I can't imagine why he'd decline to talk about human rights records of Gulf states involved in football tho....oh

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2098 on: May 25, 2022, 10:30:06 pm »
I take it back.  Either you have morals or you don't - cherry picking them depending on who has money/influence is crap.  Reminiscent of the yellow-ribbon wearer.

It's doubly a shame as I think Southgate seems a genuinely decent man and I'm still glad he made the comments he has in the past few days.  It shows how insidious the influence of Qatar is that he can't or won't speak out on this issue.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2099 on: May 26, 2022, 07:38:22 am »
Hendo gets the Summer off, Trent, Walker, Trippier and Reece James look like they'll all get a game each.

“... we felt that with Hendo, we didn’t need to see him this summer and with Trent, slightly different. We’d like him to be with us from the start of the camp. We gave him the option of reporting a bit later so he got a longer break after the final, but he felt more comfortable to keep going and finish a bit earlier.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/24/england-gareth-southgate-jarrod-bowen-james-justin-first-call-ups-squad

Online kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2100 on: May 26, 2022, 07:54:18 am »
It's never ending, June fixtures:
Alisson and Fab have 4 friendlies, the CBF must be skint.
AFCON starts next week too
And all the Nations league games
Good grief

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #2101 on: May 26, 2022, 12:44:11 pm »

Don't they also have to play the WC qualifier against Argentina? Though I guess you can look at that as just another friendly, since it's a dead rubber anyway.

Online kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2102 on: May 27, 2022, 01:34:28 am »
Scotland v Ukraine in the playoffs semi final next week

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2103 on: May 27, 2022, 07:00:28 pm »
It's never ending, June fixtures:
AFCON starts next week too
And all the Nations league games
Good grief
jesus, I didn't know they were scheduled for this summer
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 07:03:39 pm by SamLad »

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2104 on: May 31, 2022, 09:17:18 am »
Virgil playing v Belgium on the 3rd then Van Gaal letting him go on holiday apparently instead of staying till mid June to play all the games. Nice one Louis!

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #2105 on: May 31, 2022, 09:44:50 am »
jesus, I didn't know they were scheduled for this summer
It's not probably qualifiers for AFCON next summer

Online CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2106 on: May 31, 2022, 09:51:15 am »
It's not probably qualifiers for AFCON next summer

The new schedule for AFCON is every 3 months there is a tournament until 2024 when the time between tournaments decreases to two months. To compensate for this lack of international football every nation bar one in Africa enters AFCON. Qualifiers happen between tournaments to determine who doesn't get to go. During these qualifiers every nation in Africa plays every other nation.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #2107 on: May 31, 2022, 10:14:25 am »
The new schedule for AFCON is every 3 months there is a tournament until 2024 when the time between tournaments decreases to two months. To compensate for this lack of international football every nation bar one in Africa enters AFCON. Qualifiers happen between tournaments to determine who doesn't get to go. During these qualifiers every nation in Africa plays every other nation.

And they would still play fewer games than European national teams.

Online kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2108 on: June 5, 2022, 04:14:31 am »
Sadio's hatrick

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SyKMOoqb_y0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SyKMOoqb_y0</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyKMOoqb_y0

Online kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2109 on: June 6, 2022, 01:33:00 am »
Neco is going to the World Cup - well in lad

:champ :wellin

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2110 on: June 6, 2022, 01:14:07 pm »

Alisson played in goal for Brazil's 1-0 friendly win vs Japan. Fabinho came on as a sub on 85 minutes, and Minamino played 73 minutes for Japan.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2111 on: June 6, 2022, 02:32:29 pm »
Jota 67 mins for Portugal.

Offline redhokie8

• Kopite
« Reply #2112 on: June 6, 2022, 06:56:53 pm »
Blows my mind that Fred starts over Fabinho.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2113 on: June 6, 2022, 08:24:28 pm »
Blows my mind that Fred starts over Fabinho.
It is Casemiro that starts over Fabinho.
Playing Fabinho with Casemiro would is counterproductive

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2114 on: June 7, 2022, 05:48:42 pm »
England fans arrested for Nazi salutes and hotel room damage in Munich

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jun/07/england-fans-arrested-munich-nazi-salutes-hotel-room-damage

Lovely
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2115 on: June 7, 2022, 10:24:25 pm »

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2116 on: June 7, 2022, 10:40:55 pm »

Liechtenstein U21 0-7 Portugal U21 - Fabio Carvalho goal on 78' - https://streamja.com/q59o3

^ Came on as sub on 77' - and scored on 78'. Better quality video of the goal here - https://twitter.com/ProximaJornada1/status/1534287530727718913 (at 1m 14s into the video)

Online kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2117 on: June 8, 2022, 12:49:46 am »
at 1m 14s into the video[/i]

Ha, needed the time tip, there's a goal every 5 seconds   ;D

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #2118 on: June 8, 2022, 03:03:35 am »

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2119 on: June 9, 2022, 10:03:19 pm »

Guinea 1-0 Malawi; ACN Qualifier - Naby Keita 90'+1' winner - https://streamja.com/NV9yb