Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1390613 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #960 on: September 10, 2017, 10:06:10 am »
He just seemed very nervy. Those three throw-ins that eventually led to the ref talking to him were about uncertainty and nerves. He'll learn from it all.

The yellow card probably affected him, he knew he was walking a tightrope and City totally exploited that by pressuring him. He will learn though he is an intelligent player, and I don't have many fears for this one.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #961 on: September 10, 2017, 11:13:22 am »
He just seemed very nervy. Those three throw-ins that eventually led to the ref talking to him were about uncertainty and nerves. He'll learn from it all.

To be fair to the lad though there wasn't anyone who made themselves available in space for those throws.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #962 on: September 10, 2017, 11:14:22 am »
To be fair to the lad though there wasn't anyone who made themselves available in space for those throws.

Said pretty much this to my dad.....we were on top before the red but still seemed very sluggish.

Offline Tuco Ramírez

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #963 on: September 10, 2017, 11:43:18 am »
I was  surprised he  started against City,  but hopefully he can learn from this experience...

I think  nerves got the best of him and lead to him  being indecisive, like  he was away at old Trafford last season.

Maybe at the moment he would be more suited playing against park the bus teams.

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #964 on: September 10, 2017, 11:45:30 am »
I was  surprised he  started against City,  but hopefully he can learn from this experience...

I think  nerves got the best of him and lead to him  being indecisive, like  he was away at old Trafford last season.

Maybe at the moment he would be more suited playing against park the bus teams.

I could see the nerves setting in causing problems with any team, never mind one of the best attacking teams in City.....add that to Moreno defensively then probably no hope with 10 men as well. All a balls up but I don't think much of a problem....on we go

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #965 on: September 10, 2017, 11:47:20 am »
I could see the nerves setting in causing problems with any team, never mind one of the best attacking teams in City.....add that to Moreno defensively then probably no hope with 10 men as well. All a balls up but I don't think much of a problem....on we go

Whats Moreno got to do with anything....? He's about the only player to come out of that game with a shred of credit
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #966 on: September 10, 2017, 11:49:55 am »
Whats Moreno got to do with anything....? He's about the only player to come out of that game with a shred of credit

No real blame for yesterday but he's never been strongest in defence has he, so combined with the right back getting nervous then the whole lot start to go. Not right thread anyway I know, the match thread

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: September 10, 2017, 06:35:09 pm »
Didn't Gomez have two internationals to play this last week. In normal circumstances I would have expected Joe to play, but maybe there were mitigating reasons as to why they didn't pick him. I would definitely give him more games, he has a lot of talent there.
Gomez has shown already though that his defensive weakness is against tricky wide players (which is understandable, being a CB). We miss Clyne against good opposition. Milner isn't much of an alternative either against those sides.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #968 on: September 10, 2017, 07:02:38 pm »
don't know if it's been mentioned but i was under the impression that Guardiola specifically told his players to focus on our throw-in distribution. Referee Jon Mess even had to warn TAA about the time he spent trying to find options available for the ball.

His baptism of fire came later than expected but hopefully he's learned a thing or two or three from the City game.
The change is cast

Offline ahannon88

• Kemlynite
« Reply #969 on: September 11, 2017, 01:19:23 pm »
He'll benefit from the experience, probably more than if we had bossed them. I don't think his confidence will have taken too much of a dent long term

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #970 on: September 26, 2017, 09:52:26 pm »
Really happy for him.

After a couple of sketchy performances I thought he was absolutely fantastic tonight. Good first touch, good positioning and awareness, very sharp in the final third, created a couple of very decent opportunities. As a young player it's normal to be inconsistent but tonight is a nice reminder how freakishly talented he is when he's on it.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #971 on: September 26, 2017, 09:54:55 pm »
Really happy for him.

After a couple of sketchy performances I thought he was absolutely fantastic tonight. Good first touch, good positioning and awareness, very sharp in the final third, created a couple of very decent opportunities. As a young player it's normal to be inconsistent but tonight is a nice reminder how freakishly talented he is when he's on it.

Agree. He's gonna be a star, no doubt about it. Reads the game so well.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #972 on: September 26, 2017, 11:16:24 pm »
Still learning and will get caught out on the odd occasion but I really like this lad. I love those runs he goes on. One of these days he's gonna score a Messi type goal of the season, deffo.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #973 on: September 26, 2017, 11:35:23 pm »
he was excellent and will see plenty of playing time in games we are going to dominate posession

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: September 27, 2017, 12:17:07 am »
His use of the ball from the right hand flank is generally excellent, normally I hate how teams will rotate the ball to the flanks for no reason, as full backs are often compressed to the sidelines with little option other than the ball into the channel, which more than often results in a turnover.

However Trent seems to have an extra insight, an ability to spot passes between the lines that get us back into a central position, plus the ability to execute them.

Looking at the attributes he has, his passing and vision, his control, his composure, plus the experience he is gaining defensively, he could develop into a fantastic deep lying playmaker for us.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #975 on: September 27, 2017, 01:05:22 am »
How good is this kid. In and about all the good stuff and nearly pulled off some magic. Very refreshing to see.

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #976 on: September 27, 2017, 02:47:17 am »
Very happy for Trent. Disappointing team result, but his individual performance was excellent. So confident and great vision. He looks right at home.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #977 on: September 27, 2017, 08:11:37 am »
Not sure about his 5 minute throw ins yet but I'm sure Klopp will explain what he's doing.

Much better last night.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: September 27, 2017, 08:17:00 am »
Not sure about his 5 minute throw ins yet but I'm sure Klopp will explain what he's doing.

Much better last night.
I know right, the players he is trying to throw to are clearly marked so rather than throw it to them where they could lose it he takes slightly longer. He needs to buck up his ideas or he'll never make it here.

He was good last night, some cracking balls in and a couple of good efforts. When Clyne is back Trent wont be as exposed and can grow at his own pace but this experience be it good or bad will definately aid his growth as a player.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline MattyBoy21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #979 on: September 27, 2017, 08:57:11 am »
Thought he was great. Must be a tough place to go as an 18 year old defender but he never looked out of place. Played well beyond his years.

Still has a long way to go but he's got all the tools no doubt about it.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #980 on: September 27, 2017, 09:00:07 am »
Some of his crosses, little touches around the area and long passes were sublime. His best game for us both offensively and defensively.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: October 1, 2017, 06:49:56 pm »
Is he injured? Thought he was boss v Spartak, strange to leave him out where it was obvious the game would be them with 11 behind the ball

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #982 on: October 6, 2017, 08:35:19 pm »
TAA has been putting in some wicked dead balls in the England U21 game against Scotland. They should have scored at least twice from them.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #983 on: October 17, 2017, 01:38:50 pm »
I think we could see TAA go on loan in January.

In Jan we may well sign VVD  (or another CB) and have Clyne coming back from injury. That could leave Gomez as Clyne's understudy and give TAA the opportunity to get a run of games at a championship or lower PL team in the second half of the season

Offline Fruit Salah

• Boys Pen
« Reply #984 on: October 17, 2017, 01:41:50 pm »
Keep Trent here and let him fight for the right back spot with Clyne when he returns....Shift Gomez to centre half

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: October 17, 2017, 02:31:30 pm »

In Jan we may well sign VVD  (or another CB) and have Clyne coming back from injury. That could leave Gomez as Clyne's understudy and give TAA the opportunity to get a run of games at a championship or lower PL team in the second half of the season

Have to agree with what Fruit said - Let TAA battle with Clyne and push Gomez inside. Don't see TAA's development being harmed fighting for the RB spot here. Or even push him into midfield...
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline MattyBoy21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #986 on: October 17, 2017, 03:52:40 pm »
Yeah, no chance he goes on loan. Klopp has made his feelings about the loan system clear in the past.

Much rather keep him here and learning from Klopp, even with limited game time, than going on loan to the Championship playing hoofball and getting hammered if he makes a mistake.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #987 on: October 17, 2017, 03:58:25 pm »

Nah, if we were to sign VVD or another CB, then just bin Klavan off.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #988 on: October 17, 2017, 10:03:41 pm »
Delighted that he got one of our goals tonight!

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #989 on: October 17, 2017, 10:12:07 pm »
Looked good tonight. Very confident going forward. Lightning quick and powerful. Beast well on track

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: October 17, 2017, 10:25:46 pm »
Can't wait to see this lad reach his peak. He's gonna be a monster of a player for us.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: October 17, 2017, 11:17:14 pm »
This was a very good game for him to get a start.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #992 on: October 17, 2017, 11:35:17 pm »
This was a very good game for him to get a start.

Yep, great for his confidence and good experience

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #993 on: October 18, 2017, 09:45:21 pm »
Empire of the Kop‏ @empireofthekop

Trent Alexander-Arnold has now scored the same number of Champions League goals (2) as Everton in their entire history.

https://twitter.com/empireofthekop/status/920563879431852033

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #994 on: October 18, 2017, 10:01:03 pm »
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #995 on: October 18, 2017, 10:32:46 pm »
Such an amazing talent.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: November 1, 2017, 11:19:14 pm »
Thought his crossing was superb.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: November 1, 2017, 11:22:48 pm »
Thought his crossing was superb.

In the first half he got into great positions, but the midfield and defence was super lazy at picking him out, it was awful. Klopp clearly told them to use that outlet more at half time because a lot of the good stuff in the second half came from releasing the ball early to him out there. The key moment of course, being his assist for the first goal.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #998 on: November 1, 2017, 11:24:54 pm »
Class talent. His delivery is brilliant. Should be on all set pieces.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #999 on: November 1, 2017, 11:29:22 pm »
Best crosser on the team.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"