Author Topic: Dear Mr. Parry:  (Read 666 times)

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Dear Mr. Parry:
« on: September 24, 2003, 04:12:21 am »
Just been on .tv and sent an email to them which reads...

Dear Mr. Parry:
I sincerely hope that this email message is forwarded on. Not in hopes of a reply because I know your in the middle of deciding the future of Liverpool Football Club and the ground we play in.

I would like to state that I do not believe that it is LFC's best interest to share a ground with Everton. No matter how much political pressure is brought to bear, LFC will lose it's soul and we might as well become a PLC and cease to operate as a club for the supporters and by the supporters.

I, unlucky enough, live in the USA. I have flown over 3 times in the last 2 years to see Liverpool play. Fortunately, fellow supporters from fan websites have sorted me tickets. I have spent in excess of 600 GBP for Liverpool souveniers in that time. I haven't spent near as much money as some. But it's a fair amount for my budget. I expect to bring my son over again for the Newcastle match. And spend some more money.

But all of this will stop if Liverpool and Everton ground share. Of this I promise. I will still 'support' Liverpool and watch them on television. But I will no longer buy ppv  to watch or subscribe to e-season ticket.

I have read posts from various long time supporters ( i'm 52 btw. Born in Warrington, my Mum's from Kirkdale). I sense a "Wimbledon" happening where supporters get fed up. Many are claiming they'll never go to Anfield to watch again.

I do not believe Liverpool Football Club will meet their budget expectations should the ground share go through. Something to consider when pondering the all important question of the day.

I trust you'll do the right thing. We're counting on it.

Sincerely,
My real name
Dallas, Texas, USA
Official Liverpool Supporters Club Member #LXXXXX
-------------------------------------------------

I know it's but a pebble in the pond but it's time for a call to action.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
Re:Dear Mr. Parry:
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2003, 08:45:55 am »
Good letter no ranting, and reasonable. All we can hope is Parry feels the same as we all do. I think he does. He can;t upset people by denouncing it completely, but once we get planning permission, I reckon he'll say it was never a viable option.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I