Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 580608 times)

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
Re: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)
« Reply #2040 on: December 14, 2022, 03:50:42 pm »
Diaz injury was a new injury.
It is quite clear our fitness team needs overhauling.

Players are being overloaded & getting re-injured.
Would be interesting to see what Gym work we are doing.

A re-injury for Jones would be damning.
Jones hasn’t been pictured in Dubai and didn’t play against Lyon. His injury history is becoming quite a concern.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2041 on: December 14, 2022, 03:54:30 pm »
Jones hasn’t been pictured in Dubai and didn’t play against Lyon. His injury history is becoming quite a concern.

He has, he was in training but clearly on a different programme.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2042 on: December 14, 2022, 04:01:13 pm »
He was wearing a protective when he had the reoccurance of the stress fracture. Since the last time he played then went missing again and people were speculating he'd done it again we saw his legs visible in the video where he signed a new deal and we saw him training in Dubai pictured with Matip and Thiago (maybe other players being eased back in) albeit in trainers not football boots.

I doubt it's the stress fracture again.

Not sure that your doubt is warranted. In the absence of other information, and on balance of probabilities, it's comfortably the most likely option.

Don't see how current absence of boot means much. How long was he wearing the boot initially and after the reinjury?

His last game was 6 November (almost 6 weeks ago). It was around 6 weeks after his first injury that he came back to full training (briefly, before reinjury). For him to be doing light training in trainers seems entirely in line with timescales of the previous two occurrences.

BTW you've contradicted yourself on the contract signing video. Haven't seen it, but at the time you said that it didn't show his feet (you used that to make a cheap dig that I was a conspiracy theorist for saying it was likely he was injured again). Now suddenly you say you could see his feet.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 04:03:27 pm by Classycara »

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #2043 on: December 14, 2022, 06:02:30 pm »
He has, he was in training but clearly on a different programme.
Still concerning.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2044 on: December 14, 2022, 06:59:30 pm »
Not sure that your doubt is warranted. In the absence of other information, and on balance of probabilities, it's comfortably the most likely option.

Don't see how current absence of boot means much. How long was he wearing the boot initially and after the reinjury?

His last game was 6 November (almost 6 weeks ago). It was around 6 weeks after his first injury that he came back to full training (briefly, before reinjury). For him to be doing light training in trainers seems entirely in line with timescales of the previous two occurrences.

BTW you've contradicted yourself on the contract signing video. Haven't seen it, but at the time you said that it didn't show his feet (you used that to make a cheap dig that I was a conspiracy theorist for saying it was likely he was injured again). Now suddenly you say you could see his feet.

You're right, I misremembered the contract video, you could see his legs but cut off at the top of his socks. Think it was pretty clear I was being sarcastic, (as if they'd deliberately obscure his legs to hide an injury) though I wouldn't exactly call it a dig.

In the absence of information then I think the more logical explanation is that he's fine. I recall Ljijders was asked about injuries shortly after people were speculating and he didn't mention him. We're quite secretive over the specifics of injuries but I don't think we'd actively hide one.

He's been pictured in Dubai walking around. I'm sure whatever it is he's not too far away from a return. All speculating about serious injuries with no information does is stoke up people's anger and have them looking for people to blame like we've seen in Keita's thread, Díaz' thread etc.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2045 on: December 19, 2022, 07:44:16 pm »
Looks like Jota is in training
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2046 on: December 19, 2022, 08:10:21 pm »
Looks like Jota is in training

Wow really?

Offline Dudek savessssss.........!

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop Forum
« Reply #2047 on: December 19, 2022, 08:24:07 pm »
Looks like he's just training indoors at at the moment from the latest training photos on the official web-site;

also spotted Kaide Gordon training outside;

« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 08:32:59 pm by Dudek savessssss.........! »
There was a two-minute interlude where Liverpool’s three-man attack squared up against United’s three-man defence and basically stalked them back into their own penalty area, like battle-hardened mountain wolves closing in on a flock of geriatric sheep.  Barney Ronay at Anfield @barneyronay Sun 19 Jan 2020 20.36 GMT

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2048 on: December 19, 2022, 08:30:32 pm »

sweet! he's shades lighter and shorter than I remember, though.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2049 on: December 19, 2022, 08:30:56 pm »
Portuguese press said the other day he'll be training in January and is targeting the Real game in late Feb for comeback. So sounds like still a way off but at least not well in to March or something.

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2050 on: December 19, 2022, 08:49:01 pm »
Portuguese press said the other day he'll be training in January and is targeting the Real game in late Feb for comeback. So sounds like still a way off but at least not well in to March or something.

Hopefully those February estimates were already factoring in the time it takes to get up to match fitness.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2051 on: December 19, 2022, 08:51:20 pm »

Yeah but that’s pretty shite because the previous estimates had end of Jan or early Feb. I just don’t see how we can go basically 2 to 2 and a half months with just Nunez, Firmino and Salah.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2052 on: December 19, 2022, 11:38:45 pm »
Yeah but that’s pretty shite because the previous estimates had end of Jan or early Feb. I just don’t see how we can go basically 2 to 2 and a half months with just Nunez, Firmino and Salah.

Hoping we get surprised with an additional attacker in January but wouldn't hold my breath.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2053 on: December 20, 2022, 08:23:45 am »
We have 5 senior attackers and then Carvalho and Ox who will both play minutes up there. A 6th senior attacker (if we're not including Carvalho as one) feels like overkill to me. The reality is any team would struggle if it lost 2 senior attackers for months. And we can still rotate the senior 3 with the likes of Ox, Carvalho and maybe even Doak.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #2054 on: December 20, 2022, 01:06:19 pm »

Yup any injury to any of those 3 and we really are in real trouble.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2055 on: December 20, 2022, 03:35:59 pm »
We have 5 senior attackers and then Carvalho and Ox who will both play minutes up there. A 6th senior attacker (if we're not including Carvalho as one) feels like overkill to me. The reality is any team would struggle if it lost 2 senior attackers for months. And we can still rotate the senior 3 with the likes of Ox, Carvalho and maybe even Doak.

Why knowingly struggle? We have a chance to address is so rather than doing that we accept we are fucked?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2056 on: December 20, 2022, 03:45:06 pm »
Why knowingly struggle? We have a chance to address is so rather than doing that we accept we are fucked?

Because replacing someone who is out for a few months with another first team attacker is pretty ridiculous and obviously unsustainable...? People really do seem to have PTSD from 20/21. Its not trying to muddle through with literally no senior CBs for the rest of the season, its having two out of five first team attackers out for a couple of months. If it means we have to make do with Carvalho/Ox/Doak/Gordon until they're back then so be it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2057 on: December 21, 2022, 12:33:42 am »
Agreed. Especially with Jota maybe returning late Jan/early Feb, it seems a poor use of resources. If we boost the midfield we could also play Harvey on the right if necessary.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2058 on: December 21, 2022, 05:16:24 am »
Agreed. Especially with Jota maybe returning late Jan/early Feb, it seems a poor use of resources. If we boost the midfield we could also play Harvey on the right if necessary.

He isnt good there and one injury and we are playing a line up in attack similar to what we did against Forest. There is just too much at risk to get through, we are one of the teams chasing those ahead of us, we dont have the luxury of being in the top four comfortably.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 05:20:23 am by killer-heels »

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #2059 on: December 21, 2022, 06:49:59 am »
He isnt good there and one injury and we are playing a line up in attack similar to what we did against Forest. There is just too much at risk to get through, we are one of the teams chasing those ahead of us, we dont have the luxury of being in the top four comfortably.
It's obviously a matter of money, we are not an oil Club and can't spend every time we have an injury issue. We have 5 first team attackers, yes 2 are out for a few months but that doesn't mean we blow 50-60m on another player who might not feature when Jota and Diaz are fit. We can play a 4132 or bring in Ox/Carvalho to freshen it up if we need to.

We absolutely need midfielders and that seems to be where our money will be tied up in the next 2 transfer windows. Bellingham/Fernandez if the rumours are true will cost a bomb, unless there is a new owner willing to splash serious money I doubt we can afford an attacker on top of midfield purchases.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2060 on: December 21, 2022, 08:24:15 am »
Whichever way you land on this we do really need Jota to move past this injury prone phase as soon as possible. He’s been injured loads for us. And an injury prone player causes havoc for your depth chart.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2061 on: December 21, 2022, 08:36:40 am »
Whichever way you land on this we do really need Jota to move past this injury prone phase as soon as possible. He’s been injured loads for us. And an injury prone player causes havoc for your depth chart.
We were spoiled during the Mane, Salah, Bobby years. It's incredible how many games they were available for. Diogo's injury record was slightly patchy during his last two years at Wolves. Diaz, on the other hand, has had an impeccable record until this year. Something seems to have gone wrong in his management. I had been counting down the days til he was available, so it's a big shame. He's effectively going to miss the season.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2062 on: December 21, 2022, 09:30:34 am »
We were spoiled during the Mane, Salah, Bobby years. It's incredible how many games they were available for. Diogo's injury record was slightly patchy during his last two years at Wolves. Diaz, on the other hand, has had an impeccable record until this year. Something seems to have gone wrong in his management. I had been counting down the days til he was available, so it's a big shame. He's effectively going to miss the season.
Diaz's first knee injury was from a tackle.
But to pick up a new knee injury a different ligament is really odd for somoneone with no a great history.
Really poor from the medical staff.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2063 on: December 22, 2022, 04:01:16 pm »
Diaz's first knee injury was from a tackle.
But to pick up a new knee injury a different ligament is really odd for somoneone with no a great history.
Really poor from the medical staff.

It’s the same knee isn’t it ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #2064 on: December 22, 2022, 05:03:35 pm »
Where is the horse placenta lady when you need her.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2065 on: December 22, 2022, 05:25:40 pm »

She's injured.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2066 on: December 22, 2022, 05:27:33 pm »

Her business foalded.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #2067 on: December 22, 2022, 05:32:13 pm »
She's injured.
Didn't know she was training with us.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2068 on: December 22, 2022, 05:38:29 pm »
Firmino injured with a calf injury.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2069 on: December 22, 2022, 05:44:18 pm »

*sigh

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2070 on: December 22, 2022, 05:45:56 pm »

James Pearce:
Roberto Firmino has been ruled out of Liverpool’s League Cup tie against Manchester City at the Etihad tonight due to a calf injury.

The Brazil international got a kick during training earlier in the week and was sent for a scan.

The results confirmed that the problem is only minor but he won’t be risked against Pep Guardiola’s side.

Firmino, who has scored nine goals in all competitions so far this season, is also a doubt for the trip to Aston Villa in the Premier League on Boxing Day.

The hope is that he will respond well to treatment and will be able to play some part in Liverpool’s festive schedule.

Jurgen Klopp has already seen his attacking options depleted by the loss of Diogo Jota (calf) and Luis Diaz (knee) to serious injuries.

Sounds minor at least. Can understand not taking any risks with us being down to 3 senior attackers.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2071 on: December 22, 2022, 05:51:14 pm »
Which one of our medical department kicked Firmino? They need to go.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2072 on: December 22, 2022, 06:07:25 pm »

James Pearce:
Sounds minor at least. Can understand not taking any risks with us being down to 3 senior attackers.

Yeah, minor. But already a risk for Villa. Great.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2073 on: December 22, 2022, 06:14:29 pm »
wouldn't you prioritize a league game above the EFL?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2074 on: December 22, 2022, 06:44:59 pm »

You need to open another box of wine. ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #2075 on: December 22, 2022, 07:39:42 pm »

James Pearce:

So at least 2 months

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2076 on: December 22, 2022, 07:43:40 pm »
You need to open another box of wine. ;D
Instead of the same old bottle of whine ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2077 on: December 22, 2022, 07:47:19 pm »
Instead of the same old bottle of whine ;)

Christmas time
Mistletoe and whine

Great song.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2078 on: December 22, 2022, 07:56:15 pm »

No good having horse placenta for a calf problem.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2079 on: December 22, 2022, 08:41:47 pm »
Milner is a pensioner playing against Man City bound to get injured. >:(.