Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1414818 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #11720 on: April 20, 2019, 07:25:22 pm »
Don't bother Jill.

Heads falling off all over the show.

Only the heads of posters who only seem to appear when there is a risk of things going wrong, proper harbingers of doom.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11721 on: April 20, 2019, 07:25:27 pm »
This roller coaster is brutal. I was all zen about it before the Spurs game, 'just win our games and see what happens, then Son missed 3 sitters and I'm yelling at the dog, the poor little fucker.

Don’t worry, Son would miss him too (not a racist).

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11722 on: April 20, 2019, 07:25:41 pm »
So if you met Klopp, you'd basically tell him to forget about the league as there is no chance City will drop any points anymore?

Doubt anyone is forgetting about the league but Kloppo isnt silly. He is pragmatic to know that we may have to prioritise somewhere. He did it past season:

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11723 on: April 20, 2019, 07:26:35 pm »
I can, fuck me I'd also put on a United shirt on the 24th if they help us win the league.

I'll wear a united shirt to wolves at home if it helps us win the league.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11724 on: April 20, 2019, 07:28:43 pm »
Doubt anyone is forgetting about the league but Kloppo isnt silly. He is pragmatic to know that we may have to prioritise somewhere. He did it past season:

Klopp will fight until the end, because he's a fighter.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11725 on: April 20, 2019, 07:29:00 pm »
I didn't think Newcastle or Palace would beat them did you?

Football doesn't work like that. It's not played on paper.

Correct, however both teams had something to play for.

Now Burnley and Leicester have zero to play for and Brighton are truly dreadful and shipped 7 goals to Bournemouth and Cardiff in 2 home games

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #11726 on: April 20, 2019, 07:29:13 pm »

So you are saying if they beat United and we win our next two then not to bother with the Newcastle match?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #11727 on: April 20, 2019, 07:30:26 pm »
Anybody thinking that the Mancs won't want to win on Wednesday need to give their heads a wobble. The fans maybe, the players, not a chance.
Whether they're good enough is another thing but we've got a chance up until the last game. Just concentrate on winning ours and let the rest take care of itself.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11728 on: April 20, 2019, 07:31:52 pm »
So if you met Klopp, you'd basically tell him to forget about the league as there is no chance City will drop any points anymore?

Nope, I'd tell him to win the games, but in my opinion and mine alone is that City won't drop any points of they get past United.

Burnley and Brighton are where they are because they're garbage

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #11729 on: April 20, 2019, 07:32:29 pm »
Tim Burgess could coach United better 😂😂

He does have a White Shirt, after all, and he's a North Country Boy. On top of that, we'll be wondering How High he can take them, but One to Another, I reckon he's just Tellin' Stories.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11730 on: April 20, 2019, 07:32:56 pm »

What a load of bollocks. Chance to win the league for the first time in nearly 30 years with 4 games left means no prioritising.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #11731 on: April 20, 2019, 07:33:16 pm »

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #11732 on: April 20, 2019, 07:34:38 pm »
Correct, however both teams had something to play for.

Now Burnley and Leicester have zero to play for and Brighton are truly dreadful and shipped 7 goals to Bournemouth and Cardiff in 2 home games

Leicester have an outside chance of a Europa place if they finish 7th, have they not?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #11733 on: April 20, 2019, 07:38:03 pm »
Thing is if United beat City, 4th is then in their own hands. There's also the fact that their squad takes a 15%-25% pay cut if they don't qualify.

Money is a great motivator. De Gea might have a worldie, they have enough pace to hurt City, Pogba might be up for it.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11734 on: April 20, 2019, 07:38:07 pm »
Yes. With about 20 games to go!!  I’d be absolutely amazed if they get anything other than a beating - especially with it being at the Etihad

Pressure can do funny things to people. If we’ve done our job by the time that game comes around they could be a bag of nerves.  The crowd, if you can call it that, were hardly defiant today. Sounded like they were shitting themselves a couple of times. As we can attest, that isn’t always helpful to the players.

Leicester will have no pressure at all on them, they can just go out and play.  Of course the same can be said about our last three opponents.  Whoever deals with it the best will come out on top.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 07:40:24 pm by Kekuleyule y'all! »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #11735 on: April 20, 2019, 07:38:23 pm »

This is another of those silly things you tend to come up with, I dare say because it’s purposely silly and it’ll get a bit of attention because you know very few are going to remotely agree.

If we carry on winning our games, there is zero chance he’s going to prioritise the CL. You know this of course. In the week we left Bobby, Hendo and Naby on the bench. We took Trent off early. We might feel like we can afford to against Huddersfield, that’s about it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11736 on: April 20, 2019, 07:38:53 pm »
He does have a White Shirt, after all, and he's a North Country Boy. On top of that, we'll be wondering How High he can take them, but One to Another, I reckon he's just Tellin' Stories.

Weirdo.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11737 on: April 20, 2019, 07:39:30 pm »

You cannot be serious,are you really saying that this season is anything like last or that he woud've binned the league off last year had we been in contention ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #11738 on: April 20, 2019, 07:41:01 pm »
Remember readind last week somewhere where it was pointed out that if we'd beaten City away, we very likely would've won the league while being unbeaten and getting 100 points.

That should cheer some of you up :D
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11739 on: April 20, 2019, 07:46:45 pm »
Remember readind last week somewhere where it was pointed out that if we'd beaten City away, we very likely would've won the league while being unbeaten and getting 100 points.

It was this prick :)

@MiguelDelaney

If both Liverpool and City win all their games, it means that defeat to City would stop Liverpool being champions, stop them being centurions and stop them being invincibles.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #11740 on: April 20, 2019, 07:47:54 pm »

if anything it serves to testify just how well the lads have done this season
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #11741 on: April 20, 2019, 07:48:08 pm »
This roller coaster is brutal. I was all zen about it before the Spurs game, 'just win our games and see what happens, then Son missed 3 sitters and I'm yelling at the dog, the poor little fucker.
The thing is, there hasn't been any roller coaster in this title 'race'. I know we have had some late wins but there have been no twists or turns since the Everton game. All the drama has come from our end. They have been placed under little or no pressure by the sides they play and of the last 10 wins they have had in a row, I don't think any game has been level after even 60 minutes. We have done incredibly well to keep tabs since our opponents treat games against us like an FA cup final.

I have no doubt that the United 'players' will be up for it. The crowd may be flat (no idea if that will be the case) which could translate poorly to the players. They'll give it a go but it is unlikely to be enough. We keep saying 'if team X can hold City for the first 20 minutes' but they seldom do. Whatever happens, this Liverpool side has done us all proud; a truly incredible effort.

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11742 on: April 20, 2019, 07:51:59 pm »

@MiguelDelaney

If both Liverpool and City win all their games, it means that defeat to City would stop Liverpool being champions, stop them being centurions and stop them being invincibles.

It’s the draws that have done the damage. We convert a couple of draws into wins and we win it.   But that’s like saying if City has beaten Newcastle, Palace and Leicester it would be over now.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11743 on: April 20, 2019, 07:55:58 pm »
Yeah money's a great motivator before you make your first couple of million. Once you hit financial freedom though it goes back to a person's personality. These are multi-millionaires, minted early, earning millions over years, I would wager the ego of not wanting to be shamed with a penalty pay cut actually overrides the loss of the actual money with a lot of these guys.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #11744 on: April 20, 2019, 07:58:08 pm »
It’s the draws that have done the damage. We convert a couple of draws into wins and we win it.   But that’s like saying if City has beaten Newcastle, Palace and Leicester it would be over now.
I'm sure we will hear plenty of people say we bottled it since we were 7 points up but IF this side manages in the mid to high 90s in points, I don't think there is anything that we could have done more. We're on course to clock a ludicrous total, it is a travesty if it isn't enough but it is what it is.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11745 on: April 20, 2019, 08:00:14 pm »

@MiguelDelaney

Doesn't make any sense, what if we drew that game? And if we'd drawn that game we'd have people banging on about 'what if Mahrez scored that penalty'?

What if Mane's goal stood against Arsenal?

And on, and on we go.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #11746 on: April 20, 2019, 08:01:01 pm »
Thing is if United beat City, 4th is then in their own hands. There's also the fact that their squad takes a 15%-25% pay cut if they don't qualify.

Money is a great motivator. De Gea might have a worldie, they have enough pace to hurt City, Pogba might be up for it.

Is that for real? The club can save the money for not being in the CL... Fuck me...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11747 on: April 20, 2019, 08:01:36 pm »
I'm sure we will hear plenty of people say we bottled it since we were 7 points up but IF this side manages in the mid to high 90s in points, I don't think there is anything that we could have done more. We're on course to clock a ludicrous total, it is a travesty if it isn't enough but it is what it is.

100% we haven’t bottled it. Don’t think anyone could say that. I posted a while back that it's the complete lack of goals from midfield that have hurt us. When the front three don’t score you just don’t expect the midfield to chip in. We miss a Coutinho type player and Fekir could have been the difference. But that ship has well and truly sailed now.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11748 on: April 20, 2019, 08:05:27 pm »
you've got to look at the points tally, that's it. A club at Liverpool's level, if the manager gets a tally around the 80 points mark every season, then he's done a great job in the league. Hitting the 90 point mark usually gets you a title, just because City have been so exceptional the past two seasons you don't lose track of the superb work we've done this time around.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 08:07:54 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #11749 on: April 20, 2019, 08:07:05 pm »
Wednesday's gonna be fun though.

When was the last time Man City fans, Man Utd fans, and Everton fans were supporting Man City and Liverpool fans were supporting Man Utd?

Ha. Not for awhile.

There will be a very subdued atmosphere in the ground and most of the noise will be coming from the away end and maybe a 100 or so United fans who couldn’t give a shite who wins the title and just want their team to win.
YWNA

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #11750 on: April 20, 2019, 08:12:22 pm »
1945 Kick Off on the Saturday then! Just been confirmed !
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #11751 on: April 20, 2019, 08:13:16 pm »
Its been confirmed that the kick off time for the Newcastle away match on Saturday 4th May will be 19:45 live on sky sports. Thats much better then a 12:30 kick off. Even more so when we are playing Barcelona on the Wednesday 1st May, before that match.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #11752 on: April 20, 2019, 08:14:03 pm »
Bit gutted! Was hoping for a 1230 KO then an all day sesh in Newcastle.  Missing valuable drinking time now for the match
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11753 on: April 20, 2019, 08:14:52 pm »

When was the last time Man City fans, Man Utd fans, and Everton fans were supporting Man City and Liverpool fans were supporting Man Utd?

;D

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11754 on: April 20, 2019, 08:16:15 pm »
7:45 against Newcastle? Nice, for once they actually listen to us.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11755 on: April 20, 2019, 08:17:40 pm »

This points to one result... draw  :wave

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11756 on: April 20, 2019, 08:25:03 pm »
So you are saying if they beat United and we win our next two then not to bother with the Newcastle match?

No we have 2 games by the time we play Barcelona and City will have played Burnley and Utd by then. They then dont have a game until over a week later, at home, against Leicester.

We may have to be pragmatic. I dont see what the big deal is here, Klopp heavily rotated against Everton and rotated less heavily but rotated anyway against Stoke and West Brom last season.

There is every chance we do the same against Newcastle. We will have to see closer to the time but its a very real possibility. There is no need to risk a trophy chasing another trophy with diminishing odds.

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #11757 on: April 20, 2019, 08:35:18 pm »
100% we haven’t bottled it. Don’t think anyone could say that. I posted a while back that it's the complete lack of goals from midfield that have hurt us. When the front three don’t score you just don’t expect the midfield to chip in. We miss a Coutinho type player and Fekir could have been the difference. But that ship has well and truly sailed now.

The front three didnt get any of the winners in arguably our three most significant moments of the season (Everton, Fulham, Spurs). Give it a rest, its a different Liverpool side to last year.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #11758 on: April 20, 2019, 08:36:33 pm »
No we have 2 games by the time we play Barcelona and City will have played Burnley and Utd by then. They then dont have a game until over a week later, at home, against Leicester.

We may have to be pragmatic. I dont see what the big deal is here, Klopp heavily rotated against Everton and rotated less heavily but rotated anyway against Stoke and West Brom last season.

There is every chance we do the same against Newcastle. We will have to see closer to the time but its a very real possibility. There is no need to risk a trophy chasing another trophy with diminishing odds.

Right. A massive chance to win the title and you reckon he will rotate.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11759 on: April 20, 2019, 08:39:48 pm »
Ha. Not for awhile.

There will be a very subdued atmosphere in the ground and most of the noise will be coming from the away end and maybe a 100 or so United fans who couldn’t give a shite who wins the title and just want their team to win.

It’s not going to be 100 or so mate.

United need the points and the one thing that resonates with the vast majority of their fans is the realistic proposition of Thursday night’s in azerbaijan if they don’t make top 4.

The 100 or so fans you speak of are likely to be the bitter ones who’d throw the match to fuck us over.