Author Topic: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*  (Read 543792 times)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*
« Reply #120 on: September 2, 2023, 11:26:21 pm »
Except that's not a realistic price (an actual realised sale like Chelsea at £2.7b remains the benchmark). It's just the latest figure to try and inflate the market. They simply kept upping the 'asking price' just to see how far desperate potential buyers would go. All it demonstrates is the lack of willingness to actually sell. I'm surprised Qatar played along this far, when it was obvious what the gameplan was. But they must now realise the Glazers are time-wasters, so will look elsewhere. Hopefully not down the M62.

Why sell, when the value of the asset keeps rising?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: September 2, 2023, 11:27:30 pm »
Why sell, when the value of the asset keeps rising?

Yeah the same way that Trumps buildings used to rise in value.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: September 2, 2023, 11:31:30 pm »
Yeah the same way that Trumps buildings used to rise in value.

The difference being, the value of the Premier League clubs will keep rising, as long as the value of the TV deal is rising too. One day, the bubble will burst, but today is not that day ...

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #123 on: September 2, 2023, 11:32:36 pm »
These c*nts are never going to be Glazer free and long may that last.
Cashcow Yernited.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: September 2, 2023, 11:54:33 pm »
Fernandes has been a success for them, loathsome though he is.

He has made an impact of sorts, but he is actually one of the main reasons they struggle every time they play a good team. Lacks too many midfield basics, loses the ball constantly and then just cries and gives up when the going gets tough.

Not including him as a success given the price tag.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #125 on: September 2, 2023, 11:59:18 pm »
From the article link above

The Glazers hope for a higher price thanks to an uplift in TV rights revenues, the expansion of FIFA’s Club World Cup to 32 teams from 2025, which could be very lucrative, and the forthcoming 2026 World Cup. That event, to be hosted in the USA, will heighten the interest of American billionaires in football investments. The Glazers think this may help them sell United for between £7billion and £10bn.

A sit-in protest by United fans was held at Old Trafford last week and urged the family to sell up, yet again, but the Glazers have long ignored supporters.

The owners have backed manager Erik ten Hag and hope he can deliver major silverware to the club over the next two seasons, which would help boost the sale price.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: September 3, 2023, 12:06:12 am »

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: September 3, 2023, 12:23:04 am »
That Indy blag account is winding up united fans saying Qatar have set their sights on Liverpool or Arsenal.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #128 on: September 3, 2023, 03:17:25 am »
These c*nts are never going to be Glazer free and long may that last.
Cashcow Yernited.
Amen to that!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #129 on: September 3, 2023, 03:32:06 am »
Chelsea went for about £2.5bn….

No … yes ?
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #130 on: September 3, 2023, 03:33:58 am »
That Indy blag account is winding up united fans saying Qatar have set their sights on Liverpool or Arsenal.

;D

It's not so much on the pitch, United spend hundreds of millions in every summer transfer window due to the money they generate anyway [& they're still awful after all that money they've spent ;D, plus they get lucky because the refs/var gift them 15 extra points a season], it's more off the pitch stuff, i believe our owners have a good relationship with the Glazers, so one less ally to take on the sportswashers.
#Sausages

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #132 on: September 3, 2023, 05:54:03 am »
They've leaked this at the perfect time too. Away game today and then 2 weeks of international breaj
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: September 3, 2023, 07:23:18 am »
The c*nts would be crying after a couple of season of Qatari ownership when they realised they were still fucking shite. They've well outspent us and have fuck all to show for it. 7hag has a larger net spend than Klopp. If only they didn't have such corrupt neighbours, who they happily cheered on, they likely would have got Ped
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #134 on: September 3, 2023, 07:28:43 am »
The c*nts would be crying after a couple of season of Qatari ownership when they realised they were still fucking shite. They've well outspent us and have fuck all to show for it. 7hag has a larger net spend than Klopp. If only they didn't have such corrupt neighbours, who they happily cheered on, they likely would have got Ped

They've changed their tone now. Before it was all "Glazers don't spend money" and they saw other fans mocking them for it, so now it's "Glazers are incompetent and they don't hire the right people"
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 3, 2023, 07:28:56 am »

Start a rumour it's why Saudi are desperate to land Mo. They know they've no chance of getting him from a Qatari owned Liverpool. Yernited will go into meltdown.  ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: September 3, 2023, 07:31:44 am »
They've changed their tone now. Before it was all "Glazers don't spend money" and they saw other fans mocking them for it, so now it's "Glazers are incompetent and they don't hire the right people"

They were creaming their kecks when they signed 7 hag,  pissed off now that he's just Ole mk2?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #137 on: September 3, 2023, 07:44:30 am »
They were creaming their kecks when they signed 7 hag,  pissed off now that he's just Ole mk2?

He has the look of a chancer that has found himself in a job way bigger than he was ready for. United's Rodgers, talented, but just not ready for the massive step up of managing one of the worlds biggest clubs.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: September 3, 2023, 07:50:31 am »
He has the look of a chancer that has found himself in a job way bigger than he was ready for. United's Rodgers, talented, but just not ready for the massive step up of managing one of the worlds biggest clubs.

He is the same, but without the wonderful football we were treated to in 13/14.

They'd have been better sticking with ole until a better manager was available, although not sure who that would be.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: September 3, 2023, 07:59:09 am »
He is the same, but without the wonderful football we were treated to in 13/14.

They'd have been better sticking with ole until a better manager was available, although not sure who that would be.

That's part of their MO isn't it?  All flavour of the month signings or appointments for players, Managers and now their DoF and Technical Director.

I know the latter two were already at the club but they've been given fancy new titles cos all the other clubs have those people so they have to have them too.  The fact they're fucking shit doesn't matter, at least they're "modernising" 😂

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: September 3, 2023, 08:08:49 am »
That's part of their MO isn't it?  All flavour of the month signings or appointments for players, Managers and now their DoF and Technical Director.

I know the latter two were already at the club but they've been given fancy new titles cos all the other clubs have those people so they have to have them too.  The fact they're fucking shit doesn't matter, at least they're "modernising" 😂

It's deffo the Utd I grew up with, Billy Big bollocks, horrible fans, winning the odd cup and LFC being their cup final.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: September 3, 2023, 08:14:44 am »
It's deffo the Utd I grew up with, Billy Big bollocks, horrible fans, winning the odd cup and LFC being their cup final.

Pretty much the same Rob.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #143 on: September 3, 2023, 08:16:40 am »

Except they didn’t lose many cup finals 7-0 back then. Or 5-0. Or 4-0. :D

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 3, 2023, 08:17:22 am »
Has the Caf worked out 7Hag is a fake yet?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #145 on: September 3, 2023, 08:50:40 am »
Apart from the Ferguson era anomaly, that's the only United I've ever known.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: September 3, 2023, 08:55:08 am »
Apart from the Ferguson era anomaly, that's the only United I've ever known.

Yeah the younger generation only know the dominance and thats why they panic, we know the fergie years were an anomaly. I remember a poster on On The Kop saying Utd were finished and would never be a power again, 10 years later he's been proved correct. They made all the same mistakes we made in the late 80s/90s but we learned and still did well in that 30 years, these just repeat the mistakes of the 70s

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 3, 2023, 08:55:40 am »
Except they didn’t lose many cup finals 7-0 back then. Or 5-0. Or 4-0. :D

They were bastards at beating us back then

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #148 on: September 3, 2023, 09:16:07 am »

That's very harsh on Rodgers. Ten Hag will never get Utd as close to a title as Rodgers did with us. And we know City cheated their way to everything they won in the last 15 years, Rodgers's Liverpool would have won that title comfortably otherwise.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #149 on: September 3, 2023, 09:35:45 am »
Yeah the younger generation only know the dominance and thats why they panic, we know the fergie years were an anomaly. I remember a poster on On The Kop saying Utd were finished and would never be a power again, 10 years later he's been proved correct. They made all the same mistakes we made in the late 80s/90s but we learned and still did well in that 30 years, these just repeat the mistakes of the 70s
There's something in their psyche that's deeply flawed. Maybe it's their overblown arrogance and sense of self importance. They basically believe they are too big to fail. Too big to get it wrong, and I think this leads to complacency.

They were European champions in '68 but relegated in '74. Now that's some epic collapse. Did they learn anything from that? They saw us dominate for two decades before going into decline in the early '90s. They laughed at our fall from grace, but did they learn anything from it?

Did they learn anything from being an overblown, pompous, self-aggrandising joke in the 70s and 80s? Well, no. They've fallen into the same vanity trap they always fall into. The learn nothing from their own history or the history of the rivals they so avidly watch.

Their Achilles heel will always be their cocksure arrogance and the belief in their own ridiculous hype and bluster.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: September 3, 2023, 09:42:23 am »
Can someone explain exactly what 7 hags actual gameplan is?

Just looks like a free for all every time I see them play

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #151 on: September 3, 2023, 09:46:23 am »
Great news about their owners not selling, not much will change until they do. Their squad still looks crap, their manager is bang average, and their fans are mental. As you were.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: September 3, 2023, 09:53:36 am »
The Glazers want a slice of the TV streaming and/or Super League pie.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #153 on: September 3, 2023, 09:54:23 am »
It's hilarious to me their fans think they are the biggest team in the world and players would love to play for them if they had decent management and tried to sign them. Delusion at its finest.

Online Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: September 3, 2023, 09:55:35 am »
Great. Now I hope they get beaten by Arsenal tomorrow. It will further improve the atmosphere at their club, before the international break ...

Nah, this early in the season you still want a draw out of it so both teams lose points.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #155 on: September 3, 2023, 09:56:37 am »
How many bent decisions will they get today?

There already must be 2-3 match-changing decisions that were a fucking joke which went their way.

But don't fucking worry. It'll 'even itself out by the end of the season'

Football. What a fucking joke. How we can't get rid of this PGMOL shite is beyond belief. A world reknowned league getting fucked over by a bunch of fat, thick, inbred fucking wankers.

It beggars belief.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: September 3, 2023, 09:59:16 am »
SNIP

Short answer is no.

Their arrogance is what costs them and prices like Neville stoke the fires, little fucking gobshite.

MOTM today for them will be Anthony Taylor

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: September 3, 2023, 10:00:51 am »
How many bent decisions will they get today?

There already must be 2-3 match-changing decisions that were a fucking joke which went their way.

But don't fucking worry. It'll 'even itself out by the end of the season'

Football. What a fucking joke. How we can't get rid of this PGMOL shite is beyond belief. A world reknowned league getting fucked over by a bunch of fat, thick, inbred fucking wankers.

It beggars belief.

Until the clubs come together to get them gone it'll never change. We can, as a club, cry all we want but we may as well go shout at clouds if we're the only ones doing it

Online Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: September 3, 2023, 10:01:13 am »

It beggars belief.

Just another baffling thing that the PL allows to harm their asset, much like them continuing to allow cheats to dominate their league, allowing a ref organisation to invent results just makes the league more of a joke.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: September 3, 2023, 10:14:03 am »
Real Madrid must chuckle everytime Varane gets injured, they rinsed them £70 million after starting for them since he was 19 and sell him to these patsies just as his injury problems start, the wear and tear on him being a starter for Real and France at 19 was reckless recruitment, he's 30 going on 40 now, he's probably missed around 60% of games there since he signed.

Casemiro, enough has been said about him on here, that's going to be an albatross of a contract until he's 35.

That almost £130 million on 2 Real castoffs with loads of mileage on massive wages, we built our entire midfield for £10 million more on 4 players.

They should be hoping Saudi take these terrible contracts off them, the will probably give them away for free in desperation.
« Last Edit: September 3, 2023, 10:17:19 am by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."