Author Topic: Nottingham Forest  (Read 50985 times)

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
Re: Nottingham Forest
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2012, 11:11:42 pm »
Why ???

Because playing teams we have a bit of a rivalry with is alot more interesting than them no marks.  It's also alot a sweeter beating them too.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2012, 11:47:40 pm »
As do I but I look at this as another rich family that won't be buying Everton.
No one is buying Everton while widow tranky is still there and they are playing in a garden shed.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2012, 01:16:39 am »
Que £4m bid for Bobby Zamora or Joey Barton....

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 01:30:02 am »
One of my Forest supporting mates reckons the new owners would try to bring in Colin Wanker as their new manager, I hope they try to get promoted with Cotterill or if they want their man, they try to bring in an outside the box appointment and not the usual suspects.

Certainly, seeing the likes of them, Leeds,Derby and maybe even Cardiff etc in the League is better than seeing the Wigans et al (no disrespect)
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 03:00:33 am »
I like having Wigan in the league, if only because I'm constantly amused by the vitriol they receive for the crime of existing and struggling to attract fans. Dave Whelan is a twat though

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2012, 03:06:04 am »
Wigan are boss
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2012, 03:10:31 am »
Having worked in Notts for the last 3 years, I can say they are a decent bunch of fans (been to watch them on occasion) but the past stops me from having any real affection. Interesting to see what goes off now they have some cash. Am I right in thinking the FFP rules don't apply at that level?
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2012, 03:46:51 am »
Because playing teams we have a bit of a rivalry with is alot more interesting than them no marks.  It's also alot a sweeter beating them too.

Point well made
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2012, 03:49:41 am »
More CL's than all of London. ;D

Wasn't old enough when this rivalry started. Is it a fierce one? Or is it more a rivalry as LFC and NF were the only 2 teams that were competiting for the league back then?
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2012, 06:59:39 am »
As much as i don't like either club would much rather Forest and Leeds in the premier league than the likes of Wigan.

+1
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2012, 07:39:26 am »
BBC news just announced they've been taken over by the richest family in Kuwait.  Press conference in a bit.  Dunno what that means in terms of dosh but it sounds a lot.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2012, 07:43:58 am »
I would like to know how the rivalry started with NF and Leeds. I'm of the knowledge of Leeds being Manc haters. So I always have a soft corner for them. Still I would like to know about the rivalry between us and those 2 clubs.
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2012, 10:03:09 am »
Them and Leeds were ripe for it. Be good to see them back.
I think so too. Would be nice to have some big names back.
Better then Reading or Norwich.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2012, 10:21:56 am »
I would like to know how the rivalry started with NF and Leeds. I'm of the knowledge of Leeds being Manc haters. So I always have a soft corner for them. Still I would like to know about the rivalry between us and those 2 clubs.

Just born out of intense rivalry I think. It’s slightly before my time but at the end of the 70’s and early 80’s Forest were a very good side, as proven by their back to back European Cup titles. They knocked us out of Europe one year and I think also beat us in a League Cup final as well before we went on our early 80’s winning streak.

Then you had the contrast in managers, Clough quite the extrovert and brash and outspoken, Paisley quietly getting on with being the best in the business.

There’s also a social aspect as well I think – didn’t Nottingham miners break the picket line around that time which didn’t go down well with the rest of the country?

Some of that is a bit 2nd hand info dredged up from the back of my mind. Someone else should be able to give a bit more detail.

As for Leeds - I think everyone just hated them under Revie!

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2012, 11:46:13 am »
Everyone's always hated Leeds as far as I a can tell :P

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2012, 01:06:39 pm »
There’s also a social aspect as well I think – didn’t Nottingham miners break the picket line around that time which didn’t go down well with the rest of the country?

Some of that is a bit 2nd hand info dredged up from the back of my mind. Someone else should be able to give a bit more detail.

As for Leeds - I think everyone just hated them under Revie!
Thanks for the info mate. Can anyone give more details as these kind of stories are very interesting.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2012, 01:11:11 pm »
Nasty horrible fans, always a good day out and not been since 99 I think when I robbed a bottle of milk off a doorstep open it took a mouth full and realised it was off by about 2 weeks. Always leaves a sour taste does Nottingham. On the upside it's a great night out, once knew a bird who went thier to Uni, went down had a great night and shagged her mate. Hope they go up to be honest.

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2012, 01:41:52 pm »
Nasty horrible fans, always a good day out and not been since 99 I think when I robbed a bottle of milk off a doorstep open it took a mouth full and realised it was off by about 2 weeks. Always leaves a sour taste does Nottingham. On the upside it's a great night out, once knew a bird who went thier to Uni, went down had a great night and shagged her mate. Hope they go up to be honest.

Clearly

edit- Just realised it was clearly intentional. Ah well

Offline Enemy

• Fairly low-maintenance pritsatoixouphobic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2012, 01:50:58 pm »
Having half my family Forest fans and me being in Nottingham it would be nice to see them up again.
Enemy, at that time, and now, I cant think of anything good to say about her. She's still being a c*nt

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2012, 10:51:36 am »
Styeve Cotterill in getting sacked shocker.

Offline ruairimacliam

• Gaydar User
  • Kopite
  • I am your father
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2012, 11:11:55 am »
Wonder if that would be a good job for Roy Keane?

Is he liked at Forrest after he left them for Man U (Almost Blackburn).

Wonder if United would have went on to rule the late 90's early 00's if he had have went to Blackburn for Dalglish.

Hindsight eh.
Irish Exile Red

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2012, 11:15:59 am »
arry favourite  :lmao

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2012, 11:44:05 am »
Would Redknapp really go to Forest?

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2012, 11:44:42 am »
Would Redknapp really go to Forest?
No he's off to Russia.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2012, 11:45:11 am »
Would now that they've got money, give him a chance to buy back a load of his former players again.
AHA!

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2012, 12:06:03 pm »
Would now that they've got money, give him a chance to buy back a load of his former players again.
And make them a Portsmouth

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2012, 04:40:48 pm »
No to Diego, but stability needed first. Hope we can get up before FFP kicks in big time.

Have they made noises about serious investment then, presumably, to make you hope as such?

Does this also mean that the 'selection committee' that effectively forced Davies to resign will be scrapped?

Still a big club punching below its weight in my eyes, Forest. The Premier League would be better for their inclusion (as well as Leeds etal) in my opinion.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2012, 05:39:45 pm »
Total nobs as fans. Lived there most of my life - best thing I ever did was leave. They will search out some big name manager now that Cotterill has gone.

Hopefully this bloke gets the job:-

You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2012, 06:48:48 pm »
Would love to see them and Leeds back in the Premier League regardless :)
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2012, 06:57:12 pm »

With a completely non-dodgy 10% sell-on clause, of course

Offline ForestLad

• Kemlynite
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2012, 07:30:47 pm »
Have they made noises about serious investment then, presumably, to make you hope as such?

Does this also mean that the 'selection committee' that effectively forced Davies to resign will be scrapped?

Still a big club punching below its weight in my eyes, Forest. The Premier League would be better for their inclusion (as well as Leeds etal) in my opinion.

Yeah they have, in their most recent letter they stated their commitment to returning us to the top flight and will invest heavily. The selection committee has thankfully been scrapped. Some right jokers in the run, David Fucking Platt, whoever put that must have been pissing themselves. I do realise some Liverpool fans don't like Forest as do Forest fans with Liverpool. But I would look forward to returning to Anfield and for you to come down to the City Ground.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2012, 08:22:25 pm »

It could well be that Brian Clough has something to do with it, he managed both clubs but only spent 44 days at Leeds, he was hated by the leeds players.
Leeds, Notts Forest and us were competing for the League title and in those days only one club could qualify, it truly was the champions League, only the champions got to play in it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:25:48 pm by vicgill »
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline pepecat

• Main Stander
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2012, 09:28:08 pm »
Think us and Chelsea under Rafa and Mourinho. Two clubs who had high profile matches - they beat us in the league cup final in March 1978 (Phil Thompson conceding a penalty which wasn't) then knocked us out of the European cup in September. The two managers were chalk and cheese. But we ended their 42-game unbeaten record in league games in December 1978. Great days and a great rivalry. It's still referenced now: "We hate Nottingham Forest..."
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:11:31 pm by pepecat »

Offline ForestLad

• Kemlynite
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2012, 10:09:40 pm »
Think us and Chelsea under Rafa and Mourinho. Two clubs who had high profile matches - they beat us in the league cup final in March 1978 (Phil Thompson sent off) then knocked us out of the European cup in September. The two managers were chalk and cheese. But we ended their 42-game unbeaten record in league games in December 1978. Great days and a great rivalry. It's still referenced now: "We hate Nottingham Forest..."

With the Trent End replying "and Nottingham Forest hate you too you bastards" Use to get pretty rowdy when we played you lot. Was at the wrong end of a beating at Wembley. Still loved those days.

Offline pepecat

• Main Stander
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2012, 10:22:41 pm »
I edited mine - I don't think Thommo was sent off (?) but conceded a penalty which I recall he protested afterwards was a "professional foul" outside the area. I think he got into trouble for that(?) Also Ian Callaghan got his first ever (and only?) booking in close to a thousand (?) first team games. A fantastic rivalry.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2012, 10:26:42 pm »
There are rumours goin about that the medal thief may well be on his way there.

Offline pepecat

• Main Stander
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2012, 10:37:18 pm »

With the Trent End replying "and Nottingham Forest hate you too you bastards" Use to get pretty rowdy when we played you lot. Was at the wrong end of a beating at Wembley. Still loved those days.
Sorry you got a beating mate. It wasn't me - I watched it on the telly (highlights only as I remember) and I was twelve at the time. Very much hope you get back to the top flight.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2012, 10:45:55 pm »

Ah, that great tradition of The Kop welcoming the visiting keeper (more often than not at the beginning of the 2nd half)
"Tina! Tina! Tina!" ;D :wave

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2012, 11:08:25 pm »

Same - good away games to go to.

Pheeny

« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2012, 11:43:05 pm »
I'd love to see Leeds back but Forest can fuck right off.