Author Topic: Nottingham Forest  (Read 51018 times)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Re: Nottingham Forest
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2019, 12:06:42 am »
Come on now, if he'd won 2 European Cups with Clough he'd have mentioned it at some stage.
Next thing you'll be telling us that Dave Whelan broke his leg in a cup final.

I worked for JJBs in Bolton don't you know, when Whelan owned it . Not sure if anyone knew this.

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2019, 12:51:40 am »
I’ve never liked them either, all the fans I’ve met have been dickheads in the main (sample size of less than 10!).
The problem I have with Forest fans (and Leeds and Villa fans) is a good portion of them think they're "too big for the Championship" and have a divine right to be in the Premier League because of what they've won historically. Fuck that. Clubs like Bournemouth and Watford who haven't won a trophy in their history are far more deserving of being in the Premier League; they've earned it.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2019, 01:05:17 am »
Of course Henry Winter loves this appointment

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2019, 03:14:12 am »
Quick confession:
About 1978 I forced my little brother to support Nottingham Forest to justify my bashing him up when I was unhappy. I forced him to play football and pretend my 40 yard Terry McDermott shots were pretty good. If he didn't dive for them, or run out of goal to anticipate the ball not dribbling to a halt, I bashed him up.
He ended up a far better footballer than I ever was, and a far more rounded character, which I will take to my credit.
But he still supports Nottingham Forest. He was old enough to see them win the big ones, I remember watching them with him, and I did want them to win, he's my little brother after all, I'm not a total fiend, but still, I feel a bit regretful sometimes for what i made him. At least his children didn't follow the path I set him on.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2022, 08:28:11 pm »
I hope to god these pricks don’t come up.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2022, 08:31:20 pm »
I've always been of the "it'd be nice for Forest to come back up, old-school rival, storied old club adding something to the Premier League" persuasion. But nah, they can fuck off with their poverty, victims, "your support is fackin shit" lower league bollocks.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2022, 08:32:51 pm »
What's the logic in them singing to us Where's Your Famous Atmosphere.... when they're at home?? Umm....

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2022, 08:33:56 pm »
The Hills Have Eyes is a rom-com in comparison to them bunch of inbred scruffs. Hope they never get their promotion.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2022, 08:47:31 pm »
The Hills Have Eyes is a rom-com in comparison to them bunch of inbred scruffs. Hope they never get their promotion.

Or they get promoted and duly get battered from pillar to post by every club, from West Ham to Palace to Wolves. Fuck 'em.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2022, 08:49:35 pm »
Bunch of rats in the stand. Nothing against the team or the club in general.

It was evident from the scum on social media when the draw was made that their fanbase is littered with c*nts.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #130 on: March 20, 2022, 08:50:46 pm »
Good to have another reminder that they shouldn't be anywhere near the Premier League. Vile fans chanting vile shit.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: March 20, 2022, 08:51:03 pm »
I've no doubt some of their fans would be appalled by that chant but fuck me there were thousands singing it.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2022, 08:51:59 pm »
What's the logic in them singing to us Where's Your Famous Atmosphere.... when they're at home?? Umm....

I heard that and thought it was us for a second, then realised it was the home support  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2022, 09:09:33 pm »
I heard that and thought it was us for a second, then realised it was the home support  ;D

I thought it's not like our end to come out with that but surely they can't be that fucking stupid. It was just after they chanted "We're Nottingham Forest we'll sing on our own" (more lower league shite) so thought it might have been our end being sarcastic in response.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2022, 09:20:42 pm »
Want them back in the Premier League tho. Seems like a decent away and I've always had a good night's out in Nottingham.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2022, 09:58:14 pm »
Lower league mentality from them today.

Their "always the victim" was criminal, given that they were actually there on the day Hillsborough happened.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2022, 10:35:36 pm »

Their "always the victim" was criminal, given that they were actually there on the day Hillsborough happened.

Half the c*nts still believe what that alcoholic bastard went to his grave spouting.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2022, 10:38:32 pm »

Half the c*nts still believe what that alcoholic bastard went to his grave spouting.
Didn’t he end up apologising ?
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2022, 10:39:58 pm »

The worst one was ‘where’s your famous atmosphere’ in their own ground

That’s literally the most stupid chant from a football crowd ive ever heard. And that is saying quite something

Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2022, 10:52:04 pm »
Didn’t he end up apologising ?

He did but he changed his tune again and even doubled down.

Edited from a letter that the Professor sent to the guardian.

Clough witnessed the disaster and its aftermath. He received detailed accounts of the tragedy, giving him many opportunities to correct his erroneous view. However, he repeated in the Daily Mail the lie published in his 1994 autobiography, that “Liverpool fans who died were killed by Liverpool people”. It is no coincidence that his autobiography was ghostwritten by a Sun sports journalist. The book’s allegations renewed the newspaper’s intense hostility to Liverpool fans. Within days of publication, allegations of hooliganism and discussion about the deaths of Juventus fans at Heysel and Hillsborough were run together on BBC Radio 5 Live and across the national press.

Challenges by bereaved families and survivors were dismissed as “maudlin indignation”, a “kneejerk reaction” that was a byproduct of “a city wallowing in the past”. The outcry from the bereaved, survivors, players, Liverpool and Nottingham councillors and MPs was intense. Clough, however, did “not regret what I said – Liverpool people killed Liverpool people”.

Clough dismissed the campaign in Liverpool not to buy his book: “Half of them can’t read and the other half are pinching hub caps.” In a TV interview, he told Clive Anderson that in fact his allegations had been watered down: “I would have got into more trouble if it had all gone in.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/05/brian-clough-role-in-creating-the-myth-that-fans-were-to-blame-at-hillsborough

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2022, 10:59:46 pm »

Clough was a good manager, but a repulsive human being.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2022, 11:11:03 pm »

I’m not going to say what I want to out of respect for the dead

In stark contrast to him

And my comment would be true aswell btw

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2022, 11:22:48 pm »
Brian Clough fancied himself in the same mould as Bill Shankly. Truth is he never had an ounce of Shankly's class. He had arrogance to spare though.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2022, 11:30:09 pm »
Mad some of the stuff Clough come out with about scousers considering he was a degenerate drunk wasn't it

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2022, 01:03:30 am »
I don't normal look at other club forums but thought I'd have a look at a Forest one just now.

One idiot calls us "Evilpool"  :lmao

Another goes on about our support: "Liverpool, for all their anti-Tory working class heroes that seem relatable to most, supported their team like every other prawn sandwich prem club that we see."

Then in reply to that, someone who clearly has no idea about the City of Liverpool goes on to say: "The really bad parts in the north of the city are mainly Everton. Liverpool dominate the more affluent side that, pre-Thatcher, voted Tory. The quality of their support, particularly away, is massively overstated by the media."  :lmao

Well, I lived in the north end virtually all of my life and the family home is still there. I'm in the south end now, and know that his/her post is a steaming pile of horseshit.  :shite:

Needless to say, I binned that forum off straight away.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2022, 06:59:38 am »
I don't normal look at other club forums but thought I'd have a look at a Forest one just now.

Another goes on about our support: "Liverpool, for all their anti-Tory working class heroes that seem relatable to most, supported their team like every other prawn sandwich prem club that we see."

Then in reply to that, someone who clearly has no idea about the City of Liverpool goes on to say: "The really bad parts in the north of the city are mainly Everton. Liverpool dominate the more affluent side that, pre-Thatcher, voted Tory. The quality of their support, particularly away, is massively overstated by the media."  :lmao

Well, I lived in the north end virtually all of my life and the family home is still there. I'm in the south end now, and know that his/her post is a steaming pile of horseshit.  :shite:

Interesting to see that every football forum seems to have an expert in geodemographics and voting patterns of football supporters!

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2022, 07:11:22 am »
Want them back in the Premier League tho. Seems like a decent away and I've always had a good night's out in Nottingham.
Fuck that, they deserve to rot in the Championship. All these teams are the same, they seem nice at first until we visit their ground and then all the bile and venom comes out.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2022, 07:16:50 am »
Fuck that, they deserve to rot in the Championship. All these teams are the same, they seem nice at first until we visit their ground and then all the bile and venom comes out.

Them and Villa tend to follow the trend of clubs who's former European glory and then demise have a level of spite for clubs like us who ended up regaining our glory days.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2022, 07:58:26 am »
Leicester fanbase in blue

Online wet echo

• trapped paper puncher in need of a work out
  • Kopite
« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2022, 08:10:54 am »
Clough was a drunken narcissist…

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2022, 08:22:23 am »

Wow. First time I’ve ever seen them comments. I was born in 92 so a lot of what I learnt in regards to Hillsborough was actually through this website. Unreal.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #151 on: March 21, 2022, 08:35:59 am »

Which is why its better to not go on no other football forums, as football fans (including us) are tribal and an awful lot of what everyone thinks is preordained depending on whether we "like" that club or not. It's a complete waste of time in other words, so you are better off not doing it. I have to say I have been disappointed with some comments from our fans about Steve Cooper. An ex LFC employee who did great work at the club's Academy before he left to become a manager. It's proof that we all have the capacity to make silly comments. I completely understand the attitude about Clough, but Forest as a club left 97 seats empty as a tribute to the 97 victims. Sadly Forest fans let themselves down when they sang the song, but the club itself I think has acted with dignity.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: March 21, 2022, 08:49:02 am »
Which is why its better to not go on no other football forums, as football fans (including us) are tribal and an awful lot of what everyone thinks is preordained depending on whether we "like" that club or not. It's a complete waste of time in other words, so you are better off not doing it. I have to say I have been disappointed with some comments from our fans about Steve Cooper. An ex LFC employee who did great work at the club's Academy before he left to become a manager. It's proof that we all have the capacity to make silly comments. I completely understand the attitude about Clough, but Forest as a club left 97 seats empty as a tribute to the 97 victims. Sadly Forest fans let themselves down when they sang the song, but the club itself I think has acted with dignity.
Oh I agree. I can't even remember the last time I went on another club's forum. I'm not even sure why I did last night. Maybe I was looking to see if there was any disgust at so many of them singing that Manc Hillsborough song.

Yes, from what I've seen and heard, their club acted just fine, but a lot of their fans disgraced themselves yesterday with that moronic chant.

Clough? I always had him down as a male Thatcher. He was a good football manager, but a vile specimen of a human being.

I've not seen what has been said about Cooper, so can't comment on that.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #153 on: March 21, 2022, 08:57:04 am »
Oh I agree. I can't even remember the last time I went on another club's forum. I'm not even sure why I did last night. Maybe I was looking to see if there was any disgust at so many of them singing that Manc Hillsborough song.

Yes, from what I've seen and heard, their club acted just fine, but a lot of their fans disgraced themselves yesterday with that moronic chant.

Clough? I always had him down as a male Thatcher. He was a good football manager, but a vile specimen of a human being.

I've not seen what has been said about Cooper, so can't comment on that.

I agree with the above, I never liked Clough as a human being, he showed his true self with those vile comments. I guess forums are always places best to avoid when you have gone out of a competition, like they had yesterday. You are only going to see people lashing out in their frustration, their fans had some strange chants all through the game though. As for Cooper, there was only one comment on here, which I though was unnecessary. I think a lot of people were unaware of his former connections with the club, he's always been someone I think a lot of, he is one of the decent kind of footballing people.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #154 on: March 21, 2022, 09:07:47 am »

My south end constituency was created in 1983 and Labour won every one at a canter. The seat before it was Labour from 1945 bar a couple of liberal wins.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #155 on: March 21, 2022, 09:13:33 am »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2022, 09:17:17 am »
I live in the South of the City and if you said that you were a Tory then you'd be politely asked to leave

You can't generalise with their fanbase as the UK is a mix of people Some good. Some bad.

Their forums are full of little kiddies that know nothing abou history, their club, their City, Liverpool or the UK.

You'd be better off smiling and walking away than getting into it with the thick bastards to be honest :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2022, 09:25:34 am »
https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/conservatives-win-first-nottingham-election-2051925

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/conservatives-win-first-nottingham-election-2051925

free email updates
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The Conservatives have won their first by-election in Nottingham for a decade, after gaining Clifton North from an independent councillor.

It means they will now have three city councillors, to Labour’s 52.

Councillor Roger Steel will now represent the Clifton North ward along with fellow Conservative Andrew Rule and Labour’s Josh Cook.

The Conservatives won the seat with a majority of almost 400 votes, gaining 1,311, while Labour picked up 928.

The newly-formed Nottingham Independents were well beaten into third, winning 307.

The Liberal Democrats came in fourth, avoiding a repeat of the last Clifton North by-election in which they were beaten by the Bus Pass Elvis Party.

Dave Bishop, nicknamed Lord Biro, gained 46 votes, and came last.

In fifth place, Green Party candidate Kirsty Jones got 64 votes.

Turnout was 27 percent, and the count was held at Loxley House, the headquarters of Nottingham City Council.

Speaking after his win, Councillor Steel said: “I’m absolutely delighted, to have won the wonderful support of our ward residents. It’s truly amazing. It’s a great result for the Conservatives.”

Speaking about the campaign itself, he said it was run: “Very fairly, I was quite impressed by the way my opponents reacted. We put a lot of hard work into this campaign, and I’m very proud of the Conservative members who assisted me in gaining this momentous result. We will now go on and estsablish a death cult for all the silly bastards that voted for us and send their grannies to a pit to work til they drop.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #158 on: March 21, 2022, 09:31:33 am »
Interesting to see that every football forum seems to have an expert in geodemographics and voting patterns of football supporters!

I think we've got three on here :D

Its quite enlightening though. Whenever we play a team who chant something horrible during a game at the weekend, I know I'll learn a bit more about voting patterns on Monday morning. From memory I think its Leicester, West Ham, Villa, Newcastle, Wolves, Inter Milan, Monterrey, Frank Lampard and now Forest who are definite Tories.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: March 21, 2022, 09:47:37 am »
Did football crowds always used to be this tedious, unthinking and lacking any sort of humour at all, whilst simultaneously thinking their clubs support is somehow special and cut above? It’s just the same shit every single week, and not just to us, but in every ground from every set of supporters.

They play at home one week and get “you’re support is fucking shit” sung at them by the away fans. Presumably it doesn’t bother them at all, and think the away side support is just chanting generic shite at them.  They then play away the next week and guess what? They sing “your support is fucking shit” at the home fans and assume that it bothers them!

Moronic.