Author Topic: Things that make you feel old  (Read 25243 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Things that make you feel old
« Reply #320 on: November 16, 2023, 08:50:39 pm »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #323 on: November 16, 2023, 09:11:57 pm »
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #324 on: November 16, 2023, 09:27:44 pm »
When you remember Queen Square bus station was like this, the old Hood Street Gyrotory.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79842765@N07/7394488952
#Sausages

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #325 on: November 16, 2023, 09:32:06 pm »
12/15  two were guesses
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #326 on: November 16, 2023, 09:36:18 pm »
I'm shite.  9/15.   ::)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: November 16, 2023, 10:11:14 pm »
When you remember Queen Square bus station was like this, the old Hood Street Gyrotory.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79842765@N07/7394488952

When you remember when you used to get the bus home from the Pier Head

and you also remember getting the buses (Leyland Titans I believe they were) where you got on at the back and they had a conductor

« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 10:15:23 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: November 16, 2023, 10:52:01 pm »

and you also remember getting the buses (Leyland Titans I believe they were) where you got on at the back and they had a conductor

whenever I think of bus conductors I think about the 56 that used to go past the Cabbage Inn in Netherton near the end of the run.  very common for the connie to jump off, go in for a pint (or 2?) then get picked up as the driver started the return run.

then of course there was the connies who'd give you half your fare back, with a big wink, no ticket.  :)

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #329 on: November 16, 2023, 11:49:43 pm »

My bus home was from Woodside, this is how i remember Woodside back in the 80s, & the bus pictured would have been on my route home, & i just remember the route too [withdrawn December 1985, but replaced by a new network of routes, which only lasted until January 1989], that makes me feel old.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/georgeupstairs/3621890354/
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: November 17, 2023, 09:15:54 am »
whenever I think of bus conductors I think about the 56 that used to go past the Cabbage Inn in Netherton near the end of the run.  very common for the connie to jump off, go in for a pint (or 2?) then get picked up as the driver started the return run.

then of course there was the connies who'd give you half your fare back, with a big wink, no ticket.  :)

I used to know a bus driver, MPTE drivers and connies could have made a film "Confessions of a bus conductor" ;D

My bus home was from Woodside, this is how i remember Woodside back in the 80s, & the bus pictured would have been on my route home, & i just remember the route too [withdrawn December 1985, but replaced by a new network of routes, which only lasted until January 1989], that makes me feel old.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/georgeupstairs/3621890354/

In the 70's we used to get the 15D to the Pier Head, get the ferry, then a Crosville bus to Little Sutton to visit my Ma's brother, like a little adventure
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #331 on: November 17, 2023, 11:22:49 am »
I used to know a bus driver, MPTE drivers and connies could have made a film "Confessions of a bus conductor" ;D

In the 70's we used to get the 15D to the Pier Head, get the ferry, then a Crosville bus to Little Sutton to visit my Ma's brother, like a little adventure

Back in the day, Liverpool Corporation routes to Pier Head mostly ended with either C or D [there were exceptions], C meant Pier Head via Church Street, D meant Pier Head via Dale Street.

Then all after sorts of road changes, with one way systems, & pedestrianization schemes, meant by the early 80s, C routes to Pier Head went via Hood Street Gyrotory, & Lord Street, the D routes to pier Head went via Churchill Way Flyovers, then inbound via Dale Street, outbound via Tithebarn Street
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: November 17, 2023, 11:35:50 am »
Back in the day, Liverpool Corporation routes to Pier Head mostly ended with either C or D [there were exceptions], C meant Pier Head via Church Street, D meant Pier Head via Dale Street.

Then all after sorts of road changes, with one way systems, & pedestrianization schemes, meant by the early 80s, C routes to Pier Head went via Hood Street Gyrotory, & Lord Street, the D routes to pier Head went via Churchill Way Flyovers, then inbound via Dale Street, outbound via Tithebarn Street

You learn something new every day, I never knew what the letters stood for. I can remember going over the flyover and dropping onto Dale Street on the bus and getting off near central.

I used to hate getting the 15D as it went to Kirkby town centre, round Northwood, through Southdene, then onto the Lancs, it always swapped drivers at Gillmoss, then went through Norris Green, Breck Raod and into town, took forever. The other bus was the 15C and that went through Westvale, then Fazackerley/Walton/Scotty into town. I used to get that to the match, get off on County Rd, pop in to see my Nan, then walk through Stanley PArk - happy memories
Jurgen YNWA

Online Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #334 on: November 17, 2023, 01:14:49 pm »
I'm shite.  9/15.   ::)

No, I'm shite   ;D

3/15

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: November 17, 2023, 01:21:17 pm »

No, I'm shite   ;D

3/15
my chances are so bad I'm not gonna waste time trying.

I win.  :)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: November 17, 2023, 02:06:52 pm »
my chances are so bad I'm not gonna waste time trying.

I win.  :)

You're old enough to remember them all ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: November 17, 2023, 02:21:25 pm »
You're old enough to remember them all ;D
what's this "remember" thing?

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #338 on: November 17, 2023, 02:48:53 pm »
You learn something new every day, I never knew what the letters stood for. I can remember going over the flyover and dropping onto Dale Street on the bus and getting off near central.

I used to hate getting the 15D as it went to Kirkby town centre, round Northwood, through Southdene, then onto the Lancs, it always swapped drivers at Gillmoss, then went through Norris Green, Breck Raod and into town, took forever. The other bus was the 15C and that went through Westvale, then Fazackerley/Walton/Scotty into town. I used to get that to the match, get off on County Rd, pop in to see my Nan, then walk through Stanley PArk - happy memories

Their's a site that i go on, which have timetables loaded for most of the routes going back to the 50s

https://www.railwaymedia.co.uk/Timetables/Liverpool/n-5fx44

I remember the routes from the late 80s.
#Sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #339 on: November 17, 2023, 04:22:19 pm »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #340 on: November 17, 2023, 06:56:49 pm »

After an evening of under age drinking in the Pen & Wig, the Croc and the Why Not we’d head down to the Pier Head to buy one of those cremated pies while ogling girls and waiting for the lsat bus home.

And wasn’t there a mini police station there?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #341 on: November 17, 2023, 06:57:55 pm »
I remember the green double deckers and I didn’t think I was ‘that’ old. My grandad used to take me on them sometimes.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: November 17, 2023, 07:13:46 pm »
After an evening of under age drinking in the Pen & Wig, the Croc and the Why Not we’d head down to the Pier Head to buy one of those cremated pies while ogling girls and waiting for the lsat bus home.

And wasn’t there a mini police station there?

That rings a bell that,
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: November 17, 2023, 07:26:36 pm »
I remember the green double deckers and I didn’t think I was ‘that’ old. My grandad used to take me on them sometimes.

The all green buses were still running in the late 70's, deffo 1977 maybe 1978
Jurgen YNWA

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #344 on: November 17, 2023, 09:41:56 pm »
DJ at Wembley played I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness at the final whistle. 20 years old that.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #345 on: November 17, 2023, 09:48:37 pm »

DJ at Wembley played I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness at the final whistle. 20 years old that.

We now are further from I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness than I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness is from Wake me up before you go go by Wham :o
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: November 18, 2023, 10:58:04 am »
Decided to have a clear out in the yard, done it all but now I’m fucking knackered 😂

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: November 18, 2023, 11:36:16 am »

We now are further from I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness than I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness is from Wake me up before you go go by Wham :o

We are getting further and further from Spurs winning the league  (over 22600 days) than from their last league title to the death of Queen Victoria  (22000 days)

It was just over 5 years when I was born, it's now 62 years (not counting this seasons early title win )
Jurgen YNWA

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #348 on: November 21, 2023, 06:40:08 pm »
Joe Biden's 60th birthday can drink legally today.
Kill the humourless

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #349 on: November 21, 2023, 08:48:41 pm »

Speaking of which, i'm old enough to remember the infamous Z stands at the Pier Head bus station, these were an island row of stands in the middle of the bus station connected by a grotty subway that stunk of piss, or you could chance it [playing dodgem with arriving buses] by crossing over the roadway instead.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/96773481@N00/8293766043/
#Sausages

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #350 on: November 21, 2023, 08:58:56 pm »

Hope Justin Hawkins and Andrew Ridgeley have made a Will.

Poor fuckers will be dead tomorrow

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #351 on: November 21, 2023, 09:02:16 pm »

Hope Justin Hawkins and Andrew Ridgeley have made a Will.

Poor fuckers will be dead tomorrow

;D
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #352 on: November 23, 2023, 09:04:19 pm »
Doctor Who was 60 years old today.
I was 3   :o

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: November 23, 2023, 09:50:11 pm »
We’re only 2 years off being the same amount of time from the 2001 FA Cup Final as the 2001 FA Cup Final was from Rome 77.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: November 24, 2023, 01:14:43 am »
Me youngest turning thirty next week.

How the actual fuck....

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: November 24, 2023, 08:51:07 am »

I wondered why there's been so many ads and podcast mentioning it lately, I don't think I've ever seen it.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #356 on: November 24, 2023, 02:47:48 pm »
Braggart.
Kill the humourless

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: November 24, 2023, 03:28:54 pm »
Getting my bus pass this morning 😀

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: December 6, 2023, 05:57:40 pm »
Question on The Chase,
Madonna was born in the 50s  ::)
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #359 on: December 7, 2023, 09:09:29 am »
My youngest child (my daughter) turns 18 today. I feel a little older today than I did yesterday

I will also feel older tonight when I get the bill for the meal I am taking everyone out for. I suspect I will make a comment about the "price of things"
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019