Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 333387 times)

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)
« Reply #7160 on: March 27, 2024, 05:31:58 pm »
It's fucking freezing;we've had rain,hail,gales and sunshine today.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7161 on: March 27, 2024, 05:36:26 pm »
Full on today, all sorts of weather.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7162 on: March 27, 2024, 06:02:33 pm »
Nice and sunny today.

I'm ignoring the horribly cold wind and temperature as that's complaining and feeds into my negative thoughts cycle apparently.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7163 on: March 27, 2024, 06:54:21 pm »
It was dry earlier on so I went to the shops then cleaned the car. I got the lawn mower out and as soon as I plugged it in and turned it on, it rained. Ignoring the risk of electrocution my frustration saw me carry on regardless. As soon as I finished, the sun came out.  :rollseyes :odd :rollseyes
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7164 on: March 27, 2024, 09:34:59 pm »
I've had a bad chest infection for over a week and haven't been out of the house for a run or walk or on my bike at all.
Decided I had to get out this afternoon so went for a walk, fuck me I got about a mile & half away and it started to sleet heavily, I was soaking and freezing and had to phone home for someone to get me. I could hardly swipe my phone open it was so fucking wet.
It's been awful hasn't it.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7165 on: March 28, 2024, 01:29:13 pm »
I've had a bad chest infection for over a week and haven't been out of the house for a run or walk or on my bike at all.
Decided I had to get out this afternoon so went for a walk, fuck me I got about a mile & half away and it started to sleet heavily, I was soaking and freezing and had to phone home for someone to get me. I could hardly swipe my phone open it was so fucking wet.
It's been awful hasn't it.

I was on FB earlier and one of those Temu ads popped up... for an emergency pocket tent. I wondered in what scenario would a bloody pocket tent be needed, but now I know.  ;)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #7166 on: March 30, 2024, 03:54:37 am »
Today is the last day of GMT until the end of October, clocks go forward an hour to BST tomorrow.
#Sausages

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7167 on: March 30, 2024, 08:15:59 am »
Good morning from sunny Liverpool.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7168 on: March 30, 2024, 09:13:06 am »
Today is the last day of GMT until the end of October, clocks go forward an hour to BST tomorrow.

Yay, an hour less rain tomorrow ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7169 on: March 30, 2024, 09:13:52 am »
Good morning from sunny Liverpool.

In town later with the missus and a couple of friends, looking forwards to a nice day out and a few bevvies.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7170 on: March 30, 2024, 10:25:46 am »
In town later with the missus and a couple of friends, looking forwards to a nice day out and a few bevvies.

I think a few bevvies might be on the agenda here too.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7171 on: March 30, 2024, 10:30:15 am »
Nice and bright on Anglesey this morning but still too cold and windy to sit out.

I was up at 6am and took the dogs to the beach whilst the tide was out and I'm just about to peg out my second load of washing so that's a bonus.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7172 on: March 30, 2024, 10:32:01 am »
Nice and bright on Anglesey this morning but still too cold and windy to sit out.

I was up at 6am and took the dogs to the beach whilst the tide was out and I'm just about to peg out my second load of washing so that's a bonus.

Don't mention washing,I'll be going home to a mountain of it.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7173 on: March 30, 2024, 10:37:54 am »
I think a few bevvies might be on the agenda here too.

I'll be getting dragged around the touristy bits, so its gonna cost a bomb. I think Guiness was £6.50 a pint in Erics, fuck knows what here wine costs.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7175 on: April 1, 2024, 07:34:10 pm »
Big storm is on the cards for midweek.Hope it's just rain in the city.
https://www.accuweather.com/en/winter-weather/april-noreaster-to-unload-feet-of-snow-in-northern-new-england-new-york/1636474

Thought that was the UK for a minute ;D

Is that normal April weather for New England?

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7176 on: April 1, 2024, 08:23:09 pm »
Thought that was the UK for a minute ;D

Is that normal April weather for New England?

Dunno what's normal weather anymore.We've hardly had any snow this winter but a big storm at this time is not unheard of.This one was memorable for me cos we just moved apts on March 3st,https://www.wcvb.com/article/remembering-the-1997-april-fools-day-blizzard/9209866.The plus is it doesn't stick around like it would in January.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #7177 on: April 5, 2024, 06:48:38 am »
I see theirs a total solar eclipse that's going to be visible in parts of Mexico, US & Canada on Monday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_April_8,_2024
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #7178 on: April 5, 2024, 02:05:58 pm »
Bonkers weather forecasted for the weekend, going to be a storm coming in with wind gusts up to 50mph for tomorrow & Sunday, but temperatures are 16C, & up to 22C in some parts of the UK.
#Sausages

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7179 on: April 5, 2024, 02:42:39 pm »
Been pishing down every single day of the week up here.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7180 on: April 5, 2024, 03:14:18 pm »
Bonkers weather forecasted for the weekend, going to be a storm coming in with wind gusts up to 50mph for tomorrow & Sunday, but temperatures are 16C, & up to 22C in some parts of the UK.

Great, working tomorrow, looking forwards to getting blown all over the road.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7181 on: April 5, 2024, 06:49:21 pm »
It was sunny earlier, so I just put a fleece on to walk the dog on the beach. As I got to the front door it lashed down, so I changed the fleece for a proper coat with hood. We get to the beach and it's sunny again and I'm boiling in my big coat.  :rollseyes
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #7182 on: April 6, 2024, 05:35:38 am »
The eclipse on Monday, although it's a total solar eclipse in North America, it's a partial solar eclipse in parts of the UK, however the eclipse is expected around 8pm & sunset is 8.02pm, but the weather forecast is not great for Monday evening, cloudy & light rain forecasted

Liverpool will only see a maximum of 3.1% coverage at 7.57pm when the sun is right on the horizon - the window is very small as the start and end times are 7.55pm and 8pm.

https://news.sky.com/story/total-solar-eclipse-what-can-i-see-in-the-uk-timings-and-locations-of-what-will-be-visible-for-britons-13101475
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7183 on: April 6, 2024, 12:14:26 pm »
They've only gone and sent me to Scotland. I'm sat at Hamilton services on my way to Livingston, it's 18c and well sketchy, blowing a fucking gale, I've got to run empty to just south of Carlisle, that's gonna be fun towing what is essentially a 50ft long sail 😳 🤣

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7184 on: April 6, 2024, 12:15:47 pm »
They've only gone and sent me to Scotland. I'm sat at Hamilton services on my way to Livingston, it's 18c and well sketchy, blowing a fucking gale, I've got to run empty to just south of Carlisle, that's gonna be fun towing what is essentially a 50ft long sail 😳 🤣

Bloody hell Rob. Take care the wind here is very strong.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7185 on: April 6, 2024, 12:24:49 pm »
Bloody hell Rob. Take care the wind here is very strong.

There's a few iffy bits in south Scotland and then once past Shap should all be OK, until I get to Thelwall. I'll have 26 tonnes of bottled water for half the run, so that'll help

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7186 on: April 6, 2024, 12:25:50 pm »
There's a few iffy bits in south Scotland and then once past Shap should all be OK, until I get to Thelwall. I'll have 26 tonnes of bottled water for half the run, so that'll help

I wish you the best, make sure you get home for the game tomorrow.  :D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7187 on: April 6, 2024, 12:31:08 pm »
I wish you the best, make sure you get home for the game tomorrow.  :D

Cheers Jill, will do

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7188 on: April 6, 2024, 07:43:29 pm »
It was sunny earlier, so I just put a fleece on to walk the dog on the beach. As I got to the front door it lashed down, so I changed the fleece for a proper coat with hood. We get to the beach and it's sunny again and I'm boiling in my big coat.  :rollseyes

We've had a mixture of sunshine,torrential rain and howling gales.

Pretty standard for us.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7189 on: April 6, 2024, 07:46:21 pm »

Did you get any of that Storm Debs, we didnt?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7190 on: April 6, 2024, 08:23:36 pm »
Did you get any of that Storm Debs, we didnt?

Yesterday, today, tomorrow and I think Tuesday too mate.  Bit of a weird direction though which has at least saved the garden from damage though I've had to bring the wheelbarrow inside so it doesn't smash the car up 😂

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7191 on: April 6, 2024, 09:41:53 pm »
Been extremely windy here all day.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7192 on: April 6, 2024, 09:44:26 pm »
That was fun 🤣🤣

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7193 on: April 6, 2024, 09:45:42 pm »
That was fun 🤣🤣
It was touch and go but i'm glad you made it.   :D

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #7194 on: April 6, 2024, 09:55:40 pm »
The eclipse on Monday, although it's a total solar eclipse in North America, it's a partial solar eclipse in parts of the UK, however the eclipse is expected around 8pm & sunset is 8.02pm, but the weather forecast is not great for Monday evening, cloudy & light rain forecasted

Liverpool will only see a maximum of 3.1% coverage at 7.57pm when the sun is right on the horizon - the window is very small as the start and end times are 7.55pm and 8pm.

https://news.sky.com/story/total-solar-eclipse-what-can-i-see-in-the-uk-timings-and-locations-of-what-will-be-visible-for-britons-13101475

CERN are ramping it up a few notches for the special occasion . Deffo behind me couch for that one . 
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7195 on: April 6, 2024, 10:01:48 pm »
CERN are ramping it up a few notches for the special occasion . Deffo behind me couch for that one .

CERN is nothing compared to the energy from cosmic rays that bombard us every second of every day.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #7196 on: April 6, 2024, 10:17:13 pm »
CERN is nothing compared to the energy from cosmic rays that bombard us every second of every day.

That maybe the case but can you post any proof and solid evidence ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7197 on: April 6, 2024, 10:18:25 pm »
There's a few iffy bits in south Scotland

Very true Rob, and that's before considering the weather.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7198 on: April 6, 2024, 10:29:54 pm »
That was fun 🤣🤣

You are back? That's great.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7199 on: April 6, 2024, 11:21:49 pm »
Very true Rob, and that's before considering the weather.

;D

You are back? That's great.

I'd just parked the truck up, finished at 10:25, 14:45 hr shift,got home just after half 10.

Tesco Livingston is wide open so the wind was howling across the yard, couldn't close the cab door it was that windy, another driver near got pulled out of his cab. Driving back on the M8 was ok as the wind was straight on, once I hit the M74 I was getting battered from the right, especially on the open bits, reckon the winds were 50/60 mph, the noise in the cab was horrendous. Empty the truck/trailer weighs under 14ton so its very light. Once I got to Armathwaite and put 24 tonnes of bottled water on the back it got a lot better, then the rain started, was chucking it down, I was covering cars with floods of water ;D