Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3544786 times)

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #25760 on: April 23, 2024, 09:22:08 pm »
More likely that pic without it is from the stadium/fan replica shirt and the embossed YNWA badge is for the player/pro version.

Would be a rare incidence of the fan version being superior to the player version.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #25761 on: April 23, 2024, 09:44:01 pm »
If the appalling shield has gone, then that's great. The shirt is still an awful dog's dinner though. Surely the worst home kit we've had from Nike.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25762 on: April 23, 2024, 10:19:25 pm »
It's still needlessly busy and with a shit collar but if they've fixed that monstrosity of a badge then all is forgiven. Take what you can get. I'm sceptical though, as you say it's very late in the day for such a change.

Also, sadly, looks a bit dodge with stripes not lining up and that fat seam below the shoulders.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #25763 on: April 23, 2024, 11:36:58 pm »
Is that meant to be a rebuttal to my post, or just pointing out the last time it happened?

Nothing like that, just pointing out the last time it happened.

Funnily enough in late 80s adidas made kits for us, United & Arsenal at the same time, right now adidas make kits for United & Arsenal [& us from summer next year], not sure when Arsenal's adidas deal runs out.
#Sausages

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #25764 on: April 23, 2024, 11:52:14 pm »
If the appalling shield has gone, then that's great. The shirt is still an awful dog's dinner though. Surely the worst home kit we've had from Nike.

Absolutely

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #25765 on: April 24, 2024, 10:13:58 am »
I really don`t understand this love for Adidas. Why would anyone want three stripes on a Liverpool shirt? Our worst kits through have been Adidas kits in my opinion. Loaded with Adidas references. Personally I think a Liverpool kit should look like a 60s/70s kit as much as possible. Red with white collars, like this year`s kit. No chance we will get that with Adidas.

You are Johan Cruyff and I claim my 5 pounds.  ;)

fc

Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25766 on: April 24, 2024, 06:30:06 pm »
Nothing like that, just pointing out the last time it happened.

Funnily enough in late 80s adidas made kits for us, United & Arsenal at the same time, right now adidas make kits for United & Arsenal [& us from summer next year], not sure when Arsenal's adidas deal runs out.

Just checked- it runs up until 2030.

Getting the three most popular PL teams is an aggressive move on their part you would think. And expensive.

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #25767 on: Yesterday at 12:14:57 am »
Obviously, Adidas now think we are worth a big cheque; something they didn’t think ten years ago when we first threw our lot in with New Balance/Warrior.

I'm sorry to see Nike go (if this all turns out to be true), as I think they've done a pretty good job design-wise for our shirts. I'm slightly surprised they've let us slip through their fingers, especially as we're considered one of their top teams nowadays. But money talks, I suppose. I don't dislike Adidas, although they can be a bit hit and miss with their shirts. I'll be interested to see what some of the training gear and casual wear stuff is like.

I'm glad it's not Puma though; they are crap.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #25768 on: Yesterday at 02:56:43 pm »
Just checked- it runs up until 2030.

Getting the three most popular PL teams is an aggressive move on their part you would think. And expensive.

They need to make up the lost Kanye West Yeezy money from somewhere.
JFT97

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #25769 on: Yesterday at 03:34:22 pm »
Very quick mock-up based on the new adidas template...

Please just keep it simple adidas.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25770 on: Yesterday at 03:50:53 pm »
Very quick mock-up based on the new adidas template...

Please just keep it simple adidas.
Adidas stuff would be a lot more classy if they binned the three stripes and just used their logo instead. It speaks for itself. No need for the overkill.

Not a criticism of your mock-up. Just a comment on how they shoehorn in their stripes on everything.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #25771 on: Yesterday at 08:11:17 pm »
Adidas stuff would be a lot more classy if they binned the three stripes and just used their logo instead. It speaks for itself. No need for the overkill.

Not a criticism of your mock-up. Just a comment on how they shoehorn in their stripes on everything.

The three stripes are an absolutely fundamental part of their design aesthetic, and have been for half a century or more. I can't see them binning them.

Offline Ginieus

• Main Stander
  • Chilled out entertainer
« Reply #25772 on: Yesterday at 09:53:47 pm »

Looks even worse on the players

Potentially Nike's last home kit and it's a shocker to say the least. I absolutely love the kits this season, think current home shirt is possibly one of my favourite home shirts ever.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25773 on: Yesterday at 09:57:21 pm »
New kit is awful. Glad the Nike thing is ending, never could stand anything Nike related.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25774 on: Yesterday at 10:16:43 pm »

The three stripes are an absolutely fundamental part of their design aesthetic, and have been for half a century or more. I can't see them binning them.
Me neither. I just find it a bit tedious and repetitive though.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #25775 on: Today at 12:04:41 am »

+12.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline F.O.A.R.

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25776 on: Today at 12:29:05 am »
Nike have made two of the best home kits we've had in years (this years and last years), both very simple and neat, for my eyes at least. Adidas have made some awful kits as do most kit makers, its a hit or miss. I even enjoyed the 21/22 kit, even if it wasn't traditional, with the orangeish accents.

Never been a fan of adidas on our kits, three stripes overkill, which I've always associated more with Bayern. Their template for Bayern ironically next year looks really bad, so I'm expecting a mix bag with them.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #25777 on: Today at 11:13:55 am »

Looks weird

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #25778 on: Today at 03:11:19 pm »
Home Kit launched Thursday apparently
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25779 on: Today at 03:13:49 pm »
Tron settings. Bring back Noz.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:16:20 pm by whtwht »
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #25780 on: Today at 03:22:35 pm »

looks shit

there - i said it

can't remember a worse Home kit in living memory

the front looks like it's made of kevlar and doubles up as a bullet proof vest

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #25781 on: Today at 03:36:37 pm »
Nike have made two of the best home kits we've had in years (this years and last years), both very simple and neat, for my eyes at least. Adidas have made some awful kits as do most kit makers, its a hit or miss. I even enjoyed the 21/22 kit, even if it wasn't traditional, with the orangeish accents.

Never been a fan of adidas on our kits, three stripes overkill, which I've always associated more with Bayern. Their template for Bayern ironically next year looks really bad, so I'm expecting a mix bag with them.

Both nike & adidas have both been a mixed bags recently, last season our white kit last season was awful [annoying as get rid of the pattern it would have been a bestseller], likely to induce headaches, & felt like their was something wrong with my TV, plus we hardly won a match when wearing it, i'm not too fussy on the green/white away kit this season, but like the purple kit.

The home kits adidas have made for United & Arsenal this season are good, must admit i do like United's white kit, but the green/white/red stripes kit is awful, Arsenal's high vis yellow kit with the awful pattern across the shirt is shocking, but like their green/navy kit.

Last season adidas made that awful high vis green/black kit for United too
#Sausages

Offline F.O.A.R.

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25782 on: Today at 03:41:52 pm »
Quote from: Jon2lfc

can't remember a worse Home kit in living memory

the front looks like it's made of kevlar and doubles up as a bullet proof vest

14/15 warrior kit easily the worse we've ever had

Online Shaun101

• Didn't take up his ticket for the Screen Sports Super Cup
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Where did I leave it?
« Reply #25783 on: Today at 04:09:01 pm »
Tron settings. Bring back Noz.

Needs the “Diouf power sleeve “

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25784 on: Today at 04:11:13 pm »
We're heading into the South Korean market.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1783783834732900620

We continue our ambitious plans for international growth with the signing of our first ever retail partnership in South Korea, working with Over the Pitch.