Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1356458 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General
« Reply #25600 on: April 26, 2024, 10:23:03 am »
The non penalty in the Brighton game is hilarious

Comedy gold that one
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25602 on: April 26, 2024, 11:08:21 am »
Comedy gold that one

Not seen that - got a gif for it mate?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25603 on: April 26, 2024, 11:27:24 am »
Not seen that - got a gif for it mate?
Think it's the below?

'Brighton penalty shout on 69 mins' - https://dubz.link/v/gpwd73

and Ake handball incident on 57' - https://twitter.com/Niw_cf/status/1783595104147583226

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #25604 on: April 26, 2024, 11:43:31 am »
When you watch these videos and say to yourself "unbelievable"

and then realise it's not because these fucking idoits do it multiple times per match, multiple times a week

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25605 on: April 26, 2024, 11:51:58 am »
I hate the myth that the top clubs get all the decisions. The Manchester clubs certainly do, we don't.

The way we're reffed is ridiculous.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25606 on: April 26, 2024, 12:18:04 pm »
I hate the myth that the top clubs get all the decisions. The Manchester clubs certainly do, we don't.

The way we're reffed is ridiculous.

I know Neco Williams said top 6 all get them pens err don’t think so lad !

Forest will get some pens last 3 games after they’ve played City as league not want them down with points deducted.

Forest next season though have now made themselves a target with PGMOL although what they said was right they will pay for it.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25607 on: April 26, 2024, 02:41:53 pm »
I know Neco Williams said top 6 all get them pens err don’t think so lad !

Forest will get some pens last 3 games after they’ve played City as league not want them down with points deducted.

Forest next season though have now made themselves a target with PGMOL although what they said was right they will pay for it.

The year Williams was in our team we conceded more pens than we got. Selective memory.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #25608 on: April 26, 2024, 05:05:32 pm »
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/41bde8e1-7f5c-4b3c-8cc1-3b8d9ce145b2?shareToken=c147db48f5b17184ce349835abeebce2
Doesn't that tell everyone that the fans and the game ruling bodies are walking on diverging paths? Is it not time to give the game back to the fans?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25609 on: April 26, 2024, 05:28:43 pm »
Yeah piss City off with a decision and you don't get any more City games as Ref. Ask Simon Hooper.

Give them decisions and you get an all expenses paid trip to the UAE. I mean you have develop myopia so you miss Kovacic committing a couple of stonewall yellow/red card challenges. The myopia becomes so severe that you even see Doku drop-kick Macca.

I am sure his eyesight returns when he views his burgeoning bank balance though.

I keep saying it, but it's so obvious and blatant that it's beyond belief that it's still mostly treated as normal.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25610 on: April 26, 2024, 06:42:18 pm »
Yeah piss City off with a decision and you don't get any more City games as Ref. Ask Simon Hooper.

Give them decisions and you get an all expenses paid trip to the UAE. I mean you have develop myopia so you miss Kovacic committing a couple of stonewall yellow/red card challenges. The myopia becomes so severe that you even see Doku drop-kick Macca.

I am sure his eyesight returns when he views his burgeoning bank balance though.

PGMOL is too open to corruption. It's unaccountable and an old boys network.

It needs to be run independently and have accountability and oversight. It even gets to call in favours with Sky forcing the pundits to back them up.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #25611 on: April 27, 2024, 12:55:07 am »
Would be interesting if some investigative journalist looked into PGMOL contracts and whether or not "moonlighting" with other Leagues is allowed.

Of course going to Uefa or FIFA tournaments would be allowed.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #25612 on: April 27, 2024, 08:42:46 am »
https://x.com/attackingfooty/status/1783649226875977890?s=46&t=UlJCusrx49tkHnEgce0dHA

This is a staggering clip.

I have previously said how unprofessional they are. It’s rushed comms with people talking over one another.

Crazy they didn’t review the Doku challenge for this long.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25613 on: April 27, 2024, 08:45:51 am »
Doesn't that tell everyone that the fans and the game ruling bodies are walking on diverging paths? Is it not time to give the game back to the fans?

Football authorities don't give two shiny shits about fans as long as the money keeps rolling in. The only way they do is a fan boycott of match day and subscriptions. They take advantage of our lack of collective.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25614 on: April 27, 2024, 09:15:11 am »
https://x.com/attackingfooty/status/1783649226875977890?s=46&t=UlJCusrx49tkHnEgce0dHA

I have previously said how unprofessional they are. It’s rushed comms with people talking over one another.

It’s also shows when they’re choosing which frame the ball is ‘kicked’ that it’s impossible to be 100% accurate. Feels like the ball has travelled a fair bit between those two frames so by the same token the attacker and defender will have moved between those frames too. I actually think they picked the correct frame but it just shows that when you get a decision that’s ridiculously right like that Coventry offside you can’t categorically say whether it’s on or off.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #25615 on: April 27, 2024, 09:22:11 am »
It’s also shows when they’re choosing which frame the ball is ‘kicked’ that it’s impossible to be 100% accurate. Feels like the ball has travelled a fair bit between those two frames so by the same token the attacker and defender will have moved between those frames too. I actually think they picked the correct frame but it just shows that when you get a decision that’s ridiculously right like that Coventry offside you can’t categorically say whether it’s on or off.

Isn’t offside applied differently in Europe?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #25616 on: April 27, 2024, 11:24:11 am »

Yes. I've long thought this was the biggest problem with VAR. It renders minute analysis of whether a foot or a shoulder is marginally offside utterly redundant.

I recall being told - I forget by which poster - that VAR had access to super-cameras with thousands of frames a second and therefore they could make dead accurate decisions about when to freeze the action. I thought that was baloney at the time. I know it is now.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25617 on: April 27, 2024, 12:07:08 pm »

It also proves that picking where to put the lines is up for grabs too.
If the VAR guy wants a player to be offside he can just move the lines to suit.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25618 on: April 27, 2024, 12:25:39 pm »
Yes. I've long thought this was the biggest problem with VAR. It renders minute analysis of whether a foot or a shoulder is marginally offside utterly redundant.

I recall being told - I forget by which poster - that VAR had access to super-cameras with thousands of frames a second and therefore they could make dead accurate decisions about when to freeze the action. I thought that was baloney at the time. I know it is now.

I've posted before how shit the cameras are compared to say MotoGP, footy uses 50fps cameras, MotoGP uses 500, 750 and 1000 fps cameras, so they can do super slow motion on a bike passing the camera at 120mph for example and you can see the chain flexing.

The Adidas ball should be introduced to the PL, has a motion sensor in the middle and they can pinpoint the exact moment the ball is kicked and link to the cameras, it's what will be used in the Euros IIRC
Jurgen YNWA

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25619 on: April 27, 2024, 12:36:31 pm »
Should be a red that, fucking dirty shithouse

No card for trying to end someones career sums it up. He probably wanted the booking too!

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25620 on: April 27, 2024, 12:37:09 pm »
Ankle breakers are ok these days, must be a new rule

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25621 on: April 27, 2024, 12:38:56 pm »
Are we the only club to have a player sent off for doing that? Seems every week since that it's ok to do.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25622 on: April 27, 2024, 12:39:03 pm »
Should be a red that, fucking dirty shithouse

No card for trying to end someones career sums it up. He probably wanted the booking too!

James Corden and Ray Winstone on VAR

Its just beyond a joke now and Jackson was a red other night.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25623 on: April 27, 2024, 12:39:25 pm »
Antony fucking Taylor fucking again

Just fuck off - fucking pile of fucking shite.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25624 on: April 27, 2024, 12:39:42 pm »
They've clearly changed their own laws mid season haven't they

Offline Irishred1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25625 on: April 27, 2024, 12:40:13 pm »
Not even a yellow for that . The blind manc wanker

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #25626 on: April 27, 2024, 12:41:52 pm »

Shocking he's still allowed to ref our games
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25627 on: April 27, 2024, 12:43:27 pm »
Shocking he's still allowed to ref our games

About time we did a Forest at least they had balls to say it

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #25628 on: April 27, 2024, 12:43:34 pm »

Yep. Dangerous play. VAR asleep at the wheel. Joke is Taylor will give a yellow at some point for something soft

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25629 on: April 27, 2024, 12:44:33 pm »
Yep. Dangerous play. VAR asleep at the wheel. Joke is Taylor will give a yellow at some point for something soft

He will give one for something petty, like tapping the ball away at a free kick. He's shite.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25630 on: April 27, 2024, 12:58:21 pm »
They've clearly changed their own laws mid season haven't they

No, it's been pretty consistent that the referee and VAR call it however they want and will always be correct.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25631 on: April 27, 2024, 12:59:28 pm »
Fucking hell, how can it take so fucking long? Its obvious that Diaz is off from the first look. Just fuck these refs off and get some decent ones eh?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25632 on: April 27, 2024, 01:00:02 pm »
Can't wait for automatic offside next season. These c*nts take the piss.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25633 on: April 27, 2024, 01:00:11 pm »
HAHAHAHAAH Card straight out for Endo of course

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25634 on: April 27, 2024, 01:00:23 pm »
He will give one for something petty, like tapping the ball away at a free kick. He's shite.

And there he goes
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #25635 on: April 27, 2024, 01:00:53 pm »
Not corrupt though
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25636 on: April 27, 2024, 01:01:54 pm »
Not corrupt though

Nope, totally 100% honest
Jurgen YNWA

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #25637 on: April 27, 2024, 01:03:37 pm »
Not corrupt though

But he supports Altrincham  ::)
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #25638 on: April 27, 2024, 01:03:49 pm »
Everyone knows that stamp from Paqueta was a yellow

You could argue that the referee didn't give it due to how early in the game it was

It's a bollocks argument though
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #25639 on: April 27, 2024, 01:05:21 pm »
Everyone knows that stamp from Paqueta was a yellow

You could argue that the referee didn't give it due to how early in the game it was

It's a bollocks argument though

Its probably given as a red against certain teams
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97