Author Topic: Man City 0-1 Liverpool: (Gerrard, pen) Half time........  (Read 120863 times)

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
Re: Man City v Liverpool: Carling Cup SF 1st Leg - Wed 11th Jan
« Reply #600 on: January 8, 2012, 06:29:43 pm »
Rodwell's sending off was rescinded and there's no way Kompany's tackle was any worse than that one, in fact I would say Rodwell's was far more aggressive.

Can't agree there, for the record, I thought both were fine and it's becoming a game for tarts but if Nani doesn't jump, Kompany has a major problem, it was two feet, scissor style challenge and definitely in the 'reckless' category as far as the modern rules go, Rodwell dived in but won the ball with his other foot on the floor

As someone stated earlier, as in the Derby, the game, tension and atmosphere have to be taken into account

It won't be rescinded and he will miss both legs in my opinion

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #601 on: January 8, 2012, 06:37:29 pm »
They'll be knackered. We'll get a draw.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #602 on: January 8, 2012, 06:39:06 pm »
Can't agree there, for the record, I thought both were fine and it's becoming a game for tarts but if Nani doesn't jump, Kompany has a major problem, it was two feet, scissor style challenge and definitely in the 'reckless' category as far as the modern rules go, Rodwell dived in but won the ball with his other foot on the floor

Rodwell came down onto the ball with his studs, Kompany was low, won the ball cleanly and wasn't showing his studs. There was no danger of injuring Nani, unlike Rodwell who could've broken Luis' ankle if he'd mistimed it slightly.

As someone stated earlier, as in the Derby, the game, tension and atmosphere have to be taken into account

It won't be rescinded and he will miss both legs in my opinion

Agreed.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #603 on: January 8, 2012, 06:54:35 pm »
Rodwell came down onto the ball with his studs, Kompany was low, won the ball cleanly and wasn't showing his studs. There was no danger of injuring Nani, unlike Rodwell who could've broken Luis' ankle if he'd mistimed it slightly.

Agreed.

I need to watch the Kompany one again, what I saw before was his studs are defo up and the only reason Nani wasn't clattered was because he jumped, couldn't find the vid on Youtube

Regardless, I just don't think it will be rescinded, letter of the law and that

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #604 on: January 8, 2012, 06:58:17 pm »
I need to watch the Kompany one again, what I saw before was his studs are defo up and the only reason Nani wasn't clattered was because he jumped, couldn't find the vid on Youtube

Regardless, I just don't think it will be rescinded, letter of the law and that
And the FA conviction rate of >99%
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #605 on: January 8, 2012, 07:14:03 pm »
As soon as I heard it was even slightly questionable, I knew it would be rescinded.

Worst possible result for us: United win because he's missing, but it's a dodgy card so his appeal is granted and he can play against us.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #606 on: January 8, 2012, 07:23:24 pm »
As soon as I heard it was even slightly questionable, I knew it would be rescinded.

Worst possible result for us: United win because he's missing, but it's a dodgy card so his appeal is granted and he can play against us.

You just fucking know it don't you? It was a ridiculous decision though and I fully expect it to be overturned.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: January 8, 2012, 07:36:09 pm »
I see some media sources are already defending the tackle saying it shouldn't be red as he got the ball .... erm, excuse me, so dd Spearing.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #608 on: January 8, 2012, 09:43:18 pm »
Agree Spearings should of been rescinded but we didnt appeal, but the wolves player wasn't a red and it never got rescinded and kompanys would have been a lot worse if nani hadn't jumped
YNWA

Offline Stevo79

• Kopite
« Reply #609 on: January 8, 2012, 10:22:10 pm »
I've just watched it again in slow motion and I really can't see how it can be rescinded. It may have appeared a little harsh but he left the ground with both feet in the air to make the tackle. It didn't look too bad as Nani jumped out of the way, however, per the law it was a red card.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: January 8, 2012, 10:48:06 pm »
                               Reina

Johnson.       Skrtel.        Agger.       Enrique.     

Spearing.    Adam. 

Henderson.        Gerrard.           Downing. 

Carroll

If bellamy can start than I would start him buy I wouldn't mind seeing this line up.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: January 8, 2012, 11:09:19 pm »
                              Reina

Johnson       Skrtel        Agger       Enrique   

Henderson    Spearing 

Downing                Gerrard           Bellamy

Carroll

This is the team I'd like to see us put out. Shit load of speed to hit them on the counter and Carroll to test them in the absence of Kompany. I wouldn't mind us telling Adam to take a week off and have a holiday.  We need him playing his best football and the last 2-3 week he's really dropped off.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: January 9, 2012, 12:57:12 am »
I will be gobsmacked if Kompany's red card was rescinded, based on the recent basis for red cards, this was one.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline bainio

• Main Stander
« Reply #613 on: January 9, 2012, 01:04:16 am »
Some one asked Balotelli on twitter if he would be playing to which he said

@BethluvsJLS11 Roberto is yet to decide, he does not want me to get attacked by Stewart Downing

!!

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: January 9, 2012, 01:05:45 am »
Yeah, it's Balotelli on twitter alright.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #615 on: January 9, 2012, 01:06:08 am »
I will be gobsmacked if Kompany's red card was rescinded, based on the recent basis for red cards, this was one.

I agree. It's too debatable and technically/letter of the law it's a red. This is regardless of the fact I thought it was an outstanding tackle.

What an opportunity for us though.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #616 on: January 9, 2012, 01:08:47 am »
You just fucking know it don't you? It was a ridiculous decision though and I fully expect it to be overturned.

It wont be overturned . Guaranteed.
Nothing to worry about.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline AshTJ

• Kopite
    • www.twitter.com/ashtjay
« Reply #617 on: January 9, 2012, 02:02:35 am »
Referees have been told this season that any challenge off the ground with two feet = automatic red card.

If they stick to that then it won't be rescinded, even if the challenge wasn't that bad in reality.
Twitter - @ashtjay
Youtube - www.youtube.com/user/ashtjproductions

Offline AshTJ

• Kopite
    • www.twitter.com/ashtjay
« Reply #618 on: January 9, 2012, 02:03:43 am »
Some one asked Balotelli on twitter if he would be playing to which he said

@BethluvsJLS11 Roberto is yet to decide, he does not want me to get attacked by Stewart Downing

!!

I find it incredible how people still think that Balotelli account is legit. It even says its a parody.
Twitter - @ashtjay
Youtube - www.youtube.com/user/ashtjproductions

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #619 on: January 9, 2012, 02:12:37 am »
Agree Spearings should of been rescinded but we didnt appeal, but the wolves player wasn't a red and it never got rescinded and kompanys would have been a lot worse if nani hadn't jumped
Did any of the wolves or arse players get charged for surrounding the ref?

Same thing happened today n all,bet ya fug ool happens tho.Meh

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: January 9, 2012, 02:20:15 am »
Okay, sure it's been asked already and not trawling through 16 pages to find out, but..

Will a decision on his appeal be made before the game on Wednesday or will he be likely to play while the appeal is being judged? For the life of me i can't think how long red card appeals usually take to be settled.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: January 9, 2012, 02:46:48 am »
Okay, sure it's been asked already and not trawling through 16 pages to find out, but..

Will a decision on his appeal be made before the game on Wednesday or will he be likely to play while the appeal is being judged? For the life of me i can't think how long red card appeals usually take to be settled.

i saw somewhere that they can push the appeal to thursday so he would be able to play against us. 

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #622 on: January 9, 2012, 02:53:14 am »
I'm sad that City lost their FA game, it would have been something to split their attention. Now I hope we kick them out so that they can focus on the Premiership and we can win a trophy in February, tie up a Europa place and take it from there. This team would perform better without added pressure.

Fuck that.

Champions league is the priority.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #623 on: January 9, 2012, 03:00:44 am »

On the flipside look at Milinas and his faliure at appealing. Mick McCarthy will fume if this one gets overturned.

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: January 9, 2012, 03:07:29 am »
i saw somewhere that they can push the appeal to thursday so he would be able to play against us.

Ahh right cheers, so they haven't actually lodged the appeal yet? Mancini just said they intend to?

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #625 on: January 9, 2012, 03:14:55 am »

I'm almost 100% certain that an appeal must be made within a day or two of the sending off, and that it is heard before the next game.

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: January 9, 2012, 03:17:28 am »
I'm almost 100% certain that an appeal must be made within a day or two of the sending off, and that it is heard before the next game.

to be honest i'd have thought this would be the case to stop clubs taking advantage.. with a card appeal at least, not say for instance an appeal for giving the finger to Fulham fans.. In which case i believe you are given a date by which you are allowed to appeal?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: January 9, 2012, 03:19:43 am »
didnt united delay an appeal last year so ferdinand could play in the semi final? 

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: January 9, 2012, 03:20:45 am »
didnt united delay an appeal last year so ferdinand could play in the semi final?

Haven't a clue, really should brush up on these laws some time. Was that for a red card yeah?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: January 9, 2012, 03:25:26 am »
Haven't a clue, really should brush up on these laws some time. Was that for a red card yeah?

yeah neither do i.  i am just quoting what i saw on another football forum.  im probably wrong...

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: January 9, 2012, 03:39:47 am »
yeah neither do i.  i am just quoting what i saw on another football forum.  im probably wrong...

Yeah well can see em pulling out all the stops even if it means just having him for one of the legs.. No disrespect to Cardiff or Crystal Palace but whoever wins our game will be red hot favourite for a trophy.

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #631 on: January 9, 2012, 05:30:29 am »
I would like this team to start:-

----------------------Carroll----------------------
Downing----Gerrard----Henderson----Maxi
---------------------Spearing--------------------
Enrique------Agger------Skrtel------Johnson
-----------------------Reina-----------------------

Bellamy started against Oldham and I don't think he'll start two games in a row within five odd days. Its tough to choose between Jonjo and Henderson but I feel Henderson is better defensively and is more comfortable in a deeper role compared to Jonjo. We would need Gerrard to be more involved in attacking. So, I feel its betetr to go with Henderson who can provide the assurance for Gerrard to attack.
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: January 9, 2012, 05:41:17 am »
:lmao Slurgie is such a c*nt

Yeah defintely. He's spot on this time though, Kompany does dive in an awful lot.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: January 9, 2012, 06:23:54 am »
Just looking at the recent appeals over red cards by other teams and the outcome is normally decided within two days so can't see city being able to drag it out so he can play whatever the outcome of the ban to be.
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: January 9, 2012, 06:25:22 am »
If Kompany is out, Andy will have a better time ....i guess
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #635 on: January 9, 2012, 07:02:10 am »
Kompany, jay not red cards, good fucking tackles, wolve's guy not a red card clearly, lampard potential leg-breaker (ref bottled and gave yellow), cabaye potential leg breaker (not even a card), barton's head rub (red upheld after appeal) vs dempsey's (yellow - and much worse to me) and that's just a few over the last couple of games

Standard of refs this season is at all time low for me, pathetic, tackles will be fazed out of the game in years to come, it'll end up shadow play and fuckall contact.

If the wolve's red wasn't rescinded I can't see how Kompany has got a hope even tho it was a good tackle.

Good for us but one more nail in the coffin of our game, FA are fucking killing the sport (throw in the reduced ban for rooney for clear violent conduct after FA marches to FIFA with a group of lawyers and the game fucking stinks to high heaven when the muppets are involved).
« Last Edit: January 9, 2012, 07:06:46 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
« Reply #636 on: January 9, 2012, 08:14:51 am »
Thought Kompany's was a red card alll day long, the scissor tackle is the worst type of tackle, he was off the ground and had no control. If Nani had not of jumped it could have been a leg breaker. It is irrelevant if the ball was won cleanly and whether someone got hurt.
Let's also never forget the 39!

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #637 on: January 9, 2012, 11:03:48 am »
Kompany, jay not red cards, good fucking tackles, wolve's guy not a red card clearly, lampard potential leg-breaker (ref bottled and gave yellow), cabaye potential leg breaker (not even a card), barton's head rub (red upheld after appeal) vs dempsey's (yellow - and much worse to me) and that's just a few over the last couple of games

Standard of refs this season is at all time low for me, pathetic, tackles will be fazed out of the game in years to come, it'll end up shadow play and fuckall contact.

If the wolve's red wasn't rescinded I can't see how Kompany has got a hope even tho it was a good tackle.

Good for us but one more nail in the coffin of our game, FA are fucking killing the sport (throw in the reduced ban for rooney for clear violent conduct after FA marches to FIFA with a group of lawyers and the game fucking stinks to high heaven when the muppets are involved).

Kompany went in two footed near a player. It's always potentially going to be a red. Can't see how an appeal will succeed. Cabayes and Lampards should've also been straight reds, but because they weren't incorrectly given (imho) doesn't make Kompanys less of a red. And yes I recall Gerrard v Naysmith.

Offline Stevo79

• Kopite
« Reply #638 on: January 9, 2012, 11:06:06 am »
It's pretty simple for players, don't tackle with both feet in the air and you've got a high chance of being ok.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: January 9, 2012, 11:09:38 am »
I don't think the Kompany tackle was a red card - I don't even think it was a foul, or rather, I don't think that it should be considered a foul.  However, according to the laws of the game, it probably, technically was and that is why this shouldn't be overturned.  But with the FA, you never know. 

The paranoid amongst you might suspect that a red card for Kompany that gets rescinded is perfect for them - helps Utd win the game, Kompany gets a rest and he is back to face us...  :-X

If Kompany is banned, with Kolo and Yaya also missing, I'd back us to win both legs.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city