Author Topic: Nuri Sahin  (Read 487789 times)

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Re: Liverpool Sign Nuri Sahin
« Reply #280 on: August 25, 2012, 11:40:42 am »

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: August 25, 2012, 11:41:00 am »
Sahin can create behind the striker, i dont think we need a like to like replacement for lucas. I think we can run a midfield with allen gerrard and sahin. Gerrard cancreate behind the striker thats for sure, and whilst we wont break up play as well without lucas, itll be a better midfield for offense, and quite frankly there are only 2 or 3 teams with a player comparable to lucas. Having a player in his exact mold as back up isnt a necessity.
If you think so. I really don't. Sahin plays a deeper role, he isn't a Ozil, he's very similar to Alonso.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #282 on: August 25, 2012, 11:41:27 am »
If we can add a striker to our side, we have had a good transfer period. Sahin, Allen, Borini and Assaidi isn 't half bad. Hopefully we can clear out the deadwood once more aswell.

A striker and Clint demPsey would be awesome.

Sahin offers versatility as well as quality. I just hope him being on loan doesn't mean he's less motivated to succeed with lfc. It's down to mentality. Good thing is Brend has had players on loan in past and managed to get good performances from them.  I think joe cole and Adam may have to rethink their futures with the signing of sahin and speculation of one or two more arriving.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #283 on: August 25, 2012, 11:42:41 am »
So excited about this. Welcome to LFC, Nuri! :D

All set up for a goal against Arsenal next week too!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #284 on: August 25, 2012, 11:43:29 am »
Welcome to Anfield Nuri. Massive signing, if he can give us anything near his Dortmund form we're in for a treat. Extremely versatile player aswell which can only be a good thing. Could make his debut against Arsenal too which will be slightly ironic. Thank god that saga is over, "set for Liverpool, set for Arsenal, set for Liverpool, set for Arsenal." Signed for Liverpool ;D
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • My blog
« Reply #285 on: August 25, 2012, 11:43:53 am »
If you think so. I really don't. Sahin plays a deeper role, he isn't a Ozil, he's very similar to Alonso.
i think he can create behind the striker considering his gorgeous passing.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #286 on: August 25, 2012, 11:43:57 am »
Who gives a shit he's ours, we just signed a player who won the Bundesliga on his own not too long ago. £5m for one year of services is a fucking bargain

That's impressive.

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: August 25, 2012, 11:44:06 am »
It's because we're LFC mate, pay top dollar and get peanuts in return.

Bore off.

Offline CharlieAdamsFrontTooth

• Kemlynite
« Reply #288 on: August 25, 2012, 11:44:18 am »

What a fucking joke you people are.

Hey moaners, fuck off.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: August 25, 2012, 11:44:51 am »
We need to strengthen in other areas first, in fact Sahin is going to stunt more players that anything.

Sahin is not going to "stunt" anybody's growth. We should be delighted that a player of his caliber will play for us this season. Maybe by observing how he plays, Henderson and Shelvey can actually benefit and learn. Added incentive for the one year stint.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #290 on: August 25, 2012, 11:45:44 am »
Who gives a shit he's ours, we just signed a player who won the Bundesliga on his own not too long ago. £5m for one year of services is a fucking bargain
That's unfair to the Dortmund team. They had the likes of Hummels and Subotic, Goetze, Bender and Kagawa in top form that season. Sahin was the conductor of that orchestra, now we have to see what he can do with a less talented forward line than the ones he's played with at Dortmund and Madrid.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #291 on: August 25, 2012, 11:45:47 am »
It's only for a year so it's important we develope Suso to fill that void when Sahin returns to Madrid next year...unless of course we get Alonso next season on a free.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: August 25, 2012, 11:46:05 am »
If we don't get 4th then the deal may not of worked out well.

It's no good looking past this season in terms of this deal, he will improve the squad this season and this season is what currently matters.

If we finish top 4 then we can plug the gap with using the draw and riches of CL football. If we don't get top 4 then all we have lost is some money (which the owners seem willing to take the risk on) and we are left with the same squad as now minus Sahin.

I really don't see the big issue here.
We needed three other players before we even needed Allen, we have three players that play a really similar position in midfield, Allen, Sahin and Henderson,(johnjo also, he might be worth a look at behind the striker) yet no cover for Lucas, which fucked us last year,and no creative player that can play in the hole. No cover for leftback either, and no 20 goals a season striker.

But lets not worry about that, lets take in Maureen's trainee's, get them up to speed for him and send them back.

Offline fosspowered

• Legacy Fan
  • More of an IDK than ITK.
    • FOSSPowered
« Reply #293 on: August 25, 2012, 11:46:18 am »
:lmao People moaning about the deal. Seriously lol.

I know it's a loan deal but the quality is there. And if we get a good league position (say 3rd or 4th) then job well done. If we don't well, move on. At least we are  aiming high.

Offline reds7

• Kopite
  • Walk on Tommo
« Reply #294 on: August 25, 2012, 11:46:33 am »
Fuck yes, good business there. Glad its over though!

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #295 on: August 25, 2012, 11:46:47 am »
Bore off.

What a fucking joke you people are.

Hey moaners, fuck off.

Wasn't a comment on Sahin if that's what you think. I'll be honest I know fuck all about him. But the legitimacy of my post stands whether you like it or not.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: August 25, 2012, 11:48:08 am »
Can't believe the ridiculous moaning on  here.
We got a quality player here.
Having him for a year is better than not having him at all.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: August 25, 2012, 11:48:50 am »
i think he can create behind the striker considering his gorgeous passing.
If he is to play there, he is going to have to reinvent his game, on our time.

Maureen didn't use him because he felt he was too slow and not strong enough for La Liga, sending him here is to fix that. On out time, while we pay him. we see time and time again that players need a season to adjust, we are taking the pain, maureen is laughing his hole off at us, get deal for him.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: August 25, 2012, 11:49:16 am »
We needed three other players before we even needed Allen, we have three players that play a really similar position in midfield, Allen, Sahin and Henderson,(johnjo also, he might be worth a look at behind the striker) yet no cover for Lucas, which fucked us last year,and no creative player that can play in the hole. No cover for leftback either, and no 20 goals a season striker.

But lets not worry about that, lets take in Maureen's trainee's, get them up to speed for him and send them back.

Allen can play Lucas's role
Sahin can play left back
Sahin can play the creative player in the hole
Gerrard can play the creative player in the hole

Offline CharlieAdamsFrontTooth

• Kemlynite
« Reply #299 on: August 25, 2012, 11:49:19 am »

Allen is adequate cover for Lucas.

Were trying to play a different game here where we need control in midfield as well as players who can win the ball back. Lucas was our only player capable of that and he's coming back from a 9 month lay-off. Midfield absolutely was a priority area.

Offline Brasco

• Main Stander
  • It's more than a train ride home these days.
« Reply #300 on: August 25, 2012, 11:49:21 am »
A top class player. I hope he really enjoys his time a Liverpool this year, then who knows. He has a long contract with Madrid so he'll be expensive to buy after the loan but he is the kind of calibre of player that can get us going in the right direction. Very very pleased with this  ;D
We want to go to the best teams in the world and give them hell

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #301 on: August 25, 2012, 11:49:57 am »

Well there is that ;)

I'm thinking we have an unofficial agreement with Real that we could possibly sign him after his loan with part of that 5 million being knocked off any transfer fee.

So we've paid for a first option on him, although Real wouldn't want it official in case things dont work out with us and they want to move him on at the end of the season.

Possibly

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: August 25, 2012, 11:50:14 am »
Can't believe the ridiculous moaning on  here.
We got a quality player here.
Having him for a year is better than not having him at all.
Not so. Why didn't Arsenal take him eh?

4 short years ago we were twatting Madrid, now we are just a fucking crèche for maureen.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: August 25, 2012, 11:50:21 am »
Brilliant news to wake up to, welcome Nuri ;D

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: August 25, 2012, 11:50:22 am »
BR on Sahin: He will be very important for us, first and foremost he's someone who can change games going forward, a footballing technician.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: August 25, 2012, 11:51:21 am »

Erm ... Allen can be cover for Lucas as well as play alongside him.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: August 25, 2012, 11:51:34 am »
Just woke up. Get in.

Offline AntonisCyprus

• Legacy Fan
  • Cyprus Branch
« Reply #307 on: August 25, 2012, 11:51:42 am »
Antonis is not a happy bunny :( . But i will respect any player that wears the LFC shirt. Good luck
The Cyprus BRANCH RED Fans

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #308 on: August 25, 2012, 11:51:43 am »
If he is to play there, he is going to have to reinvent his game, on our time.

Maureen didn't use him because he felt he was too slow and not strong enough for La Liga, sending him here is to fix that. On out time, while we pay him. we see time and time again that players need a season to adjust, we are taking the pain, maureen is laughing his hole off at us, get deal for him.

If Lucas does get injured , a midfield of Allen , Sahin and Gerrard  .Wouldn't you be happy with that ?
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline fosspowered

• Legacy Fan
  • More of an IDK than ITK.
    • FOSSPowered
« Reply #309 on: August 25, 2012, 11:51:52 am »
Well there is that ;)

I'm thinking we have an unofficial agreement with Real that we could possibly sign him after his loan with part of that 5 million being knocked off any transfer fee.

So we've paid for a first option on him, although Real wouldn't want it official in case things dont work out with us and they want to move him on at the end of the season.

Possibly
Those 5M are the wages as far as I understand. Don't shoot me though.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: August 25, 2012, 11:52:03 am »
Quality signing even if only for a year

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: August 25, 2012, 11:52:26 am »

Because, apparently, Arsenal wanted to buy him now but Madrid aren't interested in selling now.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: August 25, 2012, 11:52:52 am »
Not seen him play so cant pass judgement on his ability. My one worry though is if he doesnt settle in quickly. He's only here for the season so he needs to have an immediate impact. If he was permanently our player then you could allow him time. On loan though, he needs to get going, and fast.

Welcome.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: August 25, 2012, 11:53:12 am »
Allen is adequate cover for Lucas.

Were trying to play a different game here where we need control in midfield as well as players who can win the ball back. Lucas was our only player capable of that and he's coming back from a 9 month lay-off. Midfield absolutely was a priority area.
Did you see out midfield fall apart against West Brom when Lucas went off? We are trying to play a different game bollocks, we have no one that can read the game like Lucas, and break up threats early. You can others can claim Allen can do this and Gerrard that, but they can't they never have and you are making a rod for their backs claiming otherwise. It's the same thing season after season, hopeless wishful thinking about our players ability.

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #314 on: August 25, 2012, 11:53:34 am »
Sahin celebrating a last minute winner in front of Podolski after Podolski had clattered him in a challenge.  :lmao

Let's hope he does this to Podolski next week ;D

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: August 25, 2012, 11:53:37 am »

4 short years ago we were twatting Madrid, now we are just a fucking crèche for maureen.

Arsenal didn't take him because they are hagglers and Wenger is a stubborn arse when he wants to be. Do not for one second think it's because anybody doubted Sahin or his qualities.

Also, seems like you are still living 4 short years ago. We finished 8th last season with a 100 million investment of sweet fuck all. Maybe you should wake up and understand what will get us back to a position where we can play teams like Madrid, let alone twatting them. Delusional.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #316 on: August 25, 2012, 11:53:49 am »

arsenal didn't take him because they are in a better position than us. they don't need him as badly, we did so we paid more. They also wanted the option to buy, we didn't care as much because we need a short term solution whilst our long term solutions develop, such as shelvey and henderson.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: August 25, 2012, 11:53:55 am »
Because, apparently, Arsenal wanted to buy him now but Madrid aren't interested in selling now.
Right, so mugs Liverpool will do as they told, and babysit Sahin for maureen.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: August 25, 2012, 11:54:12 am »
Oh what a surprise, negativity abounds :butt  :butt  :butt

For me, if there were no real options to buy of this sort of quality, and there rarely is (without splunking 35 million), then I think this is a good move. So there was no option to buy... he didn't want that, fair enough, doesnt make the loan any less valuable for us? If anything, it's now up to the fans and his teammates to convince him to stay by putting in world class performances and support 100% of the time.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:57:56 am by kcbworth »

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #319 on: August 25, 2012, 11:54:24 am »

Both Allen and Sahin should be able to cover Lucas in Rodgers' system, while Sahin was played at left back all preseason for Madrid, although that's probably part of why he left. Can't understand all the people moaning, we have someone who is a genuinely world class talent, Madrid can have him back in a year, it's a win for both parties.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.