Author Topic: The largest stock market bubble ever seen is finally Ko'd by Covid-19  (Read 57373 times)

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The largest stock market bubble ever seen is finally Ko'd by Covid-19
« Reply #720 on: November 16, 2020, 06:36:56 pm »
just a wee reminder layoffs around the world are hitting record highs and that is before all the furlough schemes end in the coming months. Wall Street may thrive but have an awful feeling the average joe will see the bills pile up and the next couple of years will not be pretty.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #721 on: November 17, 2020, 12:52:37 pm »
just a wee reminder layoffs around the world are hitting record highs and that is before all the furlough schemes end in the coming months. Wall Street may thrive but have an awful feeling the average joe will see the bills pile up and the next couple of years will not be pretty.
I created this thread initially to warn people about the chaos and then to give information to people about how they can protect their wealth - should they wish to do so. That's what it's all about.

I don't own a single stock on the stock market. I own some Crypto, but they do their own thing.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: November 17, 2020, 05:00:14 pm »
Its true as why leave money in the banks these days as you would have doubled your money by investing in the market since 2000. Its a no brainer as surely will just keep growing. I saw an article last week that said the average Irish citizen is worth 100k plus ....that's if you divided the country's wealth between everyone. Pure nonsense really just like a similar article said if Jeff Bezoz divided the gains in his wealth that he made just in 2020 between all his employees, each employee would be worth 900k approx. Off topic just like the thread titled stock market ko'd by Covid. It may have stunned it but the market is still floating like a butterfly.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #723 on: November 17, 2020, 10:20:28 pm »
Its true as why leave money in the banks these days as you would have doubled your money by investing in the market since 2000. Its a no brainer as surely will just keep growing. I saw an article last week that said the average Irish citizen is worth 100k plus ....that's if you divided the country's wealth between everyone. Pure nonsense really just like a similar article said if Jeff Bezoz divided the gains in his wealth that he made just in 2020 between all his employees, each employee would be worth 900k approx. Off topic just like the thread titled stock market ko'd by Covid. It may have stunned it but the market is still floating like a butterfly.

Well money in the banks is dead money - this much is true. Year on year dead money is being killed by inflation.. Inflation reported by the governments is typically about 1-2%, but this is CPI inflation. It excludes things that you would actually want to buy to increase your wealth. If you include those items in the inflation calculation, then the true inflation value is closer to 20% right now.

The problem is that the average person doesn't know where to put their money and doesn't have access to the sort of money required to buy certain assets. So the poorer stay poorer. This is why I really want people to take a look at Bitcoin.

It's the only real opportunity for the lay person. Nothing else offers a comparable risk/reward ratio, so for people to dismiss it out of hand based on a media narrative smacks of ignorance or arrogance. Ultimately, Bitcoin will keep on doing its thing, it just doesn't care what people think. Every 4 years, its value increases immeasurably. It would be wise for people to invest some time into understanding it, to do their due diligence & recognise that there is an opportunity to protect our wealth, especially in this time of Covid and all the job losses that have happened and will happen even more so next year.

It's sad that I write this in good faith, knowing that a mod could shut the thread down again. But it write it in good faith that people can find a way to protect their money and maybe even increase it. That must be better than the alternative of losing purchasing power at a significant rate.

Today, like clockwork Bitcoin reached $17,800. Its ascent is only beginning.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #724 on: November 17, 2020, 11:51:32 pm »
Doubled your money? Please. Apple stock was trading at $0.75 a share in early 2000. It's now $119. After four stock splits.

Offline Escorcio

• Kopite
« Reply #725 on: November 18, 2020, 08:56:50 am »
Doubled your money? Please. Apple stock was trading at $0.75 a share in early 2000. It's now $119. After four stock splits.

Investing solely in apple =/= investing in the market

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #726 on: November 19, 2020, 08:04:58 pm »
BTC is too high right now. I'm hoping it dips to 10k or thereabouts again before going in again. Based on history it will likely break 20k before falling and the cycle repeating. Do you think that's a likely scenario?
It is unlikely to break down that far.

Every month, i buy more and I'll keep buying all the way up to 50k., taking the dips as they come.

My buddy has been waiting for the 9,9k dip since it was 10,5... he was waiting for the 5k dip when it was 5k. They never came. 20% - 30% dips, sure why not.. Waiting for 50% dips is a bit pointless IMO, unless you really know what you are doing.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #727 on: November 19, 2020, 08:12:59 pm »
Still gutted when I see BTC mentioned. I tried to buy around £200 worth back when it was something like 5p per coin but it was a lot harder to buy back then and after a good few hours trying gave up.

Would be worth around £54m now  :butt ;D

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #728 on: November 19, 2020, 11:38:54 pm »
Still gutted when I see BTC mentioned. I tried to buy around £200 worth back when it was something like 5p per coin but it was a lot harder to buy back then and after a good few hours trying gave up.

F**k

It's still early days though, relatively speaking.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: November 21, 2020, 05:56:24 pm »

So true if you were lucky enough to invest just in Apple but I presume most 401K plans would be quite diversified so you might see double, triple growth. You also be shitting bricks every time the market dips 500 points ;)

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #730 on: November 23, 2020, 11:36:35 am »
50k? In 3-4 years I suppose it is possible. Play the long game. Essential to note that 10% ROI is considered as extremely good. BTC and other altcoins have stomped that.

It is looking likely to be 50k in 6-7 months, $200k in within 12 months & ~1 million in 5 years.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: November 24, 2020, 12:54:00 pm »
I had a feeling from the start of this thread is was going to turn into a BTC discussion/promotion thread.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: November 24, 2020, 01:50:58 pm »
I had a feeling from the start of this thread is was going to turn into a BTC discussion/promotion thread.

Yeah fair. Not my intention to derail so will delete.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #733 on: November 24, 2020, 04:50:06 pm »
Deleted mine too to prevent the thread getting locked.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: November 24, 2020, 06:08:23 pm »
Deposited all my savings into crypto on the advice of someone online that goes by the name conman
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #735 on: November 24, 2020, 06:17:40 pm »

Honestly, just buy some every week, BTC will see 100k within 3-4 years.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #736 on: November 24, 2020, 07:00:44 pm »
How do you go about doing that without getting scammed?
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: November 24, 2020, 07:19:26 pm »
Deposited all my savings into crypto on the advice of someone online that goes by the name conman

Who wouldn't.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: November 24, 2020, 07:49:58 pm »

I've got about 0.025 of BTC and it's worth the bulk of what passes for my crypto portfolio, close to £400.  I'd not checked on it for years because the prices pretty much collapsed back in 2018.  There's "low so buy" low and "so low you just might be throwing good money in after bad" kinda low, so I stopped investing.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: November 24, 2020, 08:52:26 pm »
Would you not be better off gambling on other crypto currencies that are valued in the pennies right now? The likes of Stellar or xrp have increased in value by 200% the past year and only cost pittance. The likelihood of those currencies hitting values of $1 which gives you the same return of bitcoin reaching $100k surely is higher. Maybe. I dont know  :boxhead

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: November 24, 2020, 09:10:22 pm »
That thread title didn't really pan out did it? Stock market hasn't really been KO'd. Not that I think the economy is in great shape but the title could do with being updated.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: November 24, 2020, 09:24:13 pm »
That thread title didn't really pan out did it? Stock market hasn't really been KO'd. Not that I think the economy is in great shape but the title could do with being updated.

It never was going to, was it?  It is all perception and bullshit!

Bezos, Elon Musk and a few GOP senators made a few quid out of it though  ;)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 09:25:45 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #742 on: November 24, 2020, 11:47:46 pm »
good man  :hally :champ

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #743 on: November 24, 2020, 11:51:37 pm »
Would you not be better off gambling on other crypto currencies that are valued in the pennies right now? The likes of Stellar or xrp have increased in value by 200% the past year and only cost pittance. The likelihood of those currencies hitting values of $1 which gives you the same return of bitcoin reaching $100k surely is higher. Maybe. I dont know  :boxhead
Gambling is exactly what you'd be doing with the other currencies. BTC is less of a gamble than most investible items. It's certainly the least risky for anything with such a risk/reward ratio.

Bitcoin has done the hard yards, so it's actually easier for it to get to one million, than it was to get to 1,000 forinstance

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #744 on: November 24, 2020, 11:53:38 pm »
It will happen.. Part 2 is coming, it's just a matter of time.

If you look at all traditional stocks, it's mostly just tech & online retailers that are winning.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: November 25, 2020, 12:06:59 am »

If you look at all traditional stocks, it's mostly just tech & online retailers that are winning.
Pharma as well.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #746 on: November 25, 2020, 12:12:44 am »
Pharma as well.
Yea it;s true and perhaps some supermarkets. My point is that it's not the stock market that's pumping, it's certain parts of it.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: November 25, 2020, 10:31:48 am »
Gambling is exactly what you'd be doing with the other currencies. BTC is less of a gamble than most investible items. It's certainly the least risky for anything with such a risk/reward ratio.

Bitcoin has done the hard yards, so it's actually easier for it to get to one million, than it was to get to 1,000 forinstance

Guess BTC is less a gamble and its just a matter of do you want to invest in 1/100th of one unit or in a 1000 units of Ripple. Only gamble what we can afford to lose and the possible ceiling might be higher for Ripple and the likes. Who the hell knows as it will be the choice of the big hitters on which crypto will surge. If a few hedge funders jump on Ripple then it may get to $10 within 5 years, it also may go no where. Its a bit of a laugh as to see a few quid double in value within months compared to gathering dust in a bank account gives a smile as long as we dont cry too much if it halves in value by next year. Def a better gamble than the horses.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: November 25, 2020, 10:48:13 am »

Of course it will if you give it enough time... but the title is still inacccurate.

Meanwhile I get the impression a lot of people into Bitcoin are pushing this theory that regular saving/investments like the stock market are doomed in order to push more people into Bitcoin and drive its price higher.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #749 on: November 25, 2020, 10:58:44 am »
Just popped in to see when the bubble is going to burst?..

What exactly is this thread about now?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #750 on: November 25, 2020, 11:01:53 am »
We don't need another bitcoin thread.

Locked.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.